Huangshan Home Youth Hostel Reviews

Building A5, Huangshan Garden, No.149 Beihai Road, Huangshan, China

As many people have pointed out, it is a little difficult to find. I attempted to use Google Maps to locate the hostel and it tried to send me to a different location. The taxi driver insisted it was the right place. (He brought me in the back entrance that looked like a slum area with no signs of identification) I refused to go into the building until Ms. Zhou came out and identified herself and recognized me. There are no English speakers. Be prepared to use translation programs.

• 21st Jul 2015

Amazing place/room. Can't get better for the value. Clean, huge, cheap. Too bad we stayed for a very short night only. We would stay there again for sure. Tip: Make sure you have the address in Chinese before you go, and look on Hostelworld's map to see where it is located. The location by googling is wrong (was at the time of my reservation). Get their phone number and have the taxi driver call them if necessary.

I was pleasantly surprised for the price of the accommodation the cleanliness of room, bathroom, linens and towels. The wifi was faster than the majority of hotels&hostels I have stayed at in my 2 month journey in China. The location was good for accessibility for the train station and bus to go to Huangshan Monutain. Miss Zhu, owner helped me with ?'s via translator. She allowed me to store my large luggage for 1 night. It is off the beaten path, I felt safe!

• 16th May 2015