Huangshan Home Youth Hostel Reviews

Building A5, Huangshan Garden, No.149 Beihai Road, Huangshan, China

If you plan of spending a night in the city before or after coming back from the mountain or scenic areas of Huangshan, this hostel only 15 minutes away from the train station is a nice find. :) Although the hostel owner doesn't speak any english, the twin private rooms offered are very good and double size a regular hostel room. Other hostels nearby are noisy and teen driven. This hostel is more appropriate for a calm location to just rest.

• 7th Nov 2015
  • South Korea

As many people have pointed out, it is a little difficult to find. I attempted to use Google Maps to locate the hostel and it tried to send me to a different location. The taxi driver insisted it was the right place. (He brought me in the back entrance that looked like a slum area with no signs of identification) I refused to go into the building until Ms. Zhou came out and identified herself and recognized me. There are no English speakers. Be prepared to use translation programs.

Amazing place/room. Can't get better for the value. Clean, huge, cheap. Too bad we stayed for a very short night only. We would stay there again for sure. Tip: Make sure you have the address in Chinese before you go, and look on Hostelworld's map to see where it is located. The location by googling is wrong (was at the time of my reservation). Get their phone number and have the taxi driver call them if necessary.