Hue Amazing HomeStay Reviews

21 Pham Ngu Lao Street, Hue, Vietnam

Nice enough hostel espicailly for the price. Staff very nice and it sleeps comfortably in the dorm room. Breakfast is good.......

The word 'amazing' when used in this descriptive context is a drastic form of misleading irony. Without doubt this is the least amazing hoste I have ever stayed it. My grandmas little toe has more character and atmosphere. Alas more decite! This is not a home stay as the misleading name may attempt to suggest! Moreover, there is no communal area as suggested in the photos! What heavens are these liers, attempting to trick us innocent weary travelers out of our hard earned dong! Walahi Adine!

• 4th Aug 2015

Just needed a place to sleep for a night before I went to phong nha. Too many beds in too small of a space and the bathroom is kind of right in the room and is enclosed by makeshift walls. Towels provided was nice and the staff was the most friendly I have encountered in all of Asia. While I was waiting for my bus in the morning the receptionist quickly hopped on his bike and went and picked me up a sandwich so I wouldn't leave hungry. Amazing people run this place. Would stay again if necessary

Perfect location ( center of the town but in a quiet street). Delicious free breakfast. Excellent 8 bed dorms :) The bathroom could be better though

The owner of the hostel is very kind and helpfull. He helped me to repair my camera, driving me to every shop to repair it. We went with him one night to have dinner with two other people staying in the hostel. Even if the dorm is simple, for the price it's an excellent deal (free breakfast too) ! The best hostel I have been in Vietnam!

The owners were incredibly helpful and kind

Don't expect anything too flash as this is a homestay not a hotel, but that is what made it great. The family and staff were so kind to me and did everything they could to help me with everything! Even offered to ring the police and track down the taxi that scammed me. Thankyou for showing me such kindness when i really needed it xx

A small hostel rather than a home stay with very friendly owners, a good cooked breakfast and free beer. The air conditioning however struggled to cool the room at all and there was only one toilet. Yet the staff made up for the lack of facilities in their kindness.

Nice place, friendly staff, good advice for tours and mechanics. Thx guys :)

Lovely family and nice little dorm. owner very helpful. Air conditioning doesn't really work so hot at night.

I really enjoyed my stay at Hue Amazing Homestay. There is a dorm with 10 beds, 2x2 beds are covered by two extra walls in the room. The beds are ok, not good not bad, but perfekt for travellers on a budget. The price includes a standard egg-or-pancace-breakfast, so the price-value-relation is really good. I booked two nights and a bus ticket at the hostel. After changing my plans, it was not a problem to decline one night again and to change the bus ticket 3 hours before departure for free!!

• 11th May 2015

A very noisy fan and only one bathroom/toilet for all guests. Host family was really great - nice, helpful and you get involved into their family life.

A lovely, friendly family who's home has been converted into a convenient and well-run homestay/hostel. It's $5 a night with free breakfast (breadfast) with omelette and pancakes as well. Well worth the visit if you haven't tried and homestay before and fancy giving it a go!

The family who runs the hostel is very nice. I also met some wonderful travelers here. Breakfast is a mini baguette and coffee. There are three sections of the dorm, two with one bunk bed each, and the middle with two bunks beds, one of which has three bunks. The middle section is a bit tight. Beds are very hard, but the hostel's location in an alley off the main backpacker street makes it quiet at night. The single bathroom is tiny and always damp due to the shower overhead.

OMG the stay was so great! Had the best time here! The city is beautiful and not as touristic as other Vietnam cities. The family was so great and friendly. If you want to have a awesome time, just go there! Best place in Vietnam.

I stayed here for several nights. Very good value. Including breakfast and a good host. Its a small and nice guesthouse where its easy to meet other travellers.

Sorry but its not good. Only if you expect absolutely minimum and you have no european standards at all.

Friendly staff, decent facilities, and so cheap! Good for a couple nights.

Incredible staff. Went above and beyond for me. So kind. Good eggs for breakfast. Nice hot shower.

I have checked this place out and left asap. There is a wall moulding and no locks for you stuff, the answer off the staff was just 'very save'. I have stayed in multiple places around vietnam and i'm aware that its not fully developed but this place is rotten in comparison.