Hue Amazing HomeStay Reviews

21 Pham Ngu Lao Street, Hue, Vietnam

Very nice family. Great value for money. They also offer Easy Rider trips to Hoi An. Will stay again

You're literally living in this woman's house when you get to this hostel. The internet works well and there's only one bathroom for the dorm, but you can use the downstairs one too. It was far enough away from the bars that it was quiet, but close enough that you could go hit them up if you wanted. Really simple, nothing special.

A modest but very well run hostel. The family that runs it is very nice, and the owner even offered to take me to my bus station for free as I was leaving. I mostly stayed in bed since I was sick while I was in Hue, but the staff always offered me a smile when I came downstairs. Its on the same street as many bars and bigger hostels, but I would definitely recommend staying here due to the staff's willingness to go out of their way to help you.

Really lovely stay here; small, but cozy welcoming place to stay if you want to try and something a bit different and you're not looking for a party. Family were extremely helpful, and the evening we went to the market to buy food to take home to cook and eat together was memorable. Only minor downside was the size of the bathroom, but hey, it was clean and the other backpackers staying there really friendly and like minded.

Excellent place to stay. Good location. Very friendly family. Due to only having 8 people staying there, the homestay is very sociable. Free breakfast and free beer. Can't recommend highly enough.

I loved this homestay. The family was very friendly, and I felt quite comfortable. I try to avoid the busy backpacker hostels and hotels, and this fit the bill nicely. I'm fairly ascetic in my travels, so a myriad of amenities is not required for me. A breakfast of eggs and bread is included, and they will secure your passport and valuables for you. I had them book a tour and a bus route for me as well, which was done with no issues. With the right expectations, you will have a good experience.

Neat little home. The owners are very welcoming and nice. The staff that works there, Hanh, is a really sweet girl, she gave me plenty suggestions on what to eat, what to see, and where to find them. Beds are clean and comfortable for the most part. Washroom was a little small but manageable. Had a very pleasant stay and would definitely recommend. Baby is a little chatty at times but he will grow up soon enough and it won't be a problem!

This is one of the cheapest places I have been to in Vietnam, and has good value-for-money. The staff (family who lives there) are very nice and helpful. The location is right in the center of the tourist area. However, the mattress in my bed had metal springs that prevented me from sleeping at all, so I checked out after one night. I hope this is fixed, because this could be the perfect dorm.

The hostel is very sweet, the family is very helpfull.you can ask everythink!!little John a darling(-; Thank you for all your help.. you are the very best hostel in vietnam!

• 6th Mar 2014

This is a very cute place, with a lovely couple and their little kid :) It might not be spotlessly clean, but it is good enough, and very cheap. And it is very nicely located, a little off the backpacker street, so you don't hear the partying that well :) John helps you with everything, taking you to places to eat, and his tour on bicycle to Hoi An is lovely and worth the money :)

The Owners are very nice people! I had a really good stay while I was here.

This really is a home stay, the family live on the mezzanine half way up the stairs. They put effort into their guests and if numbers sufficient might even cook a meal for very good price. There tours also cheaper than on the street through an agency. For me the airport transfer with the husband on his 125cc Honda cruiser was good (scooters are not motorbikes!) - the price was fair and he could actually ride. Only negative is beds are in conjoined areas with no doors and only 1 bathroom.

Certainly an interesting experience to stay here- sometimes 'homestay' just means guesthouse, but here you are literally in their home, baby and all! John and his wife try really hard to welcome you and help you out. Beds and bathroom are pretty average. Good location.

Very nice and friendly owners.

The Amazing homestay is One of the best places i have been in Vietnam. The dorm is really clean. Also the Family is really friendly. John, the owner of the homestay, helped us in every Situation. Also his Easy- Rider- Tour was really good. If i'm going one more Time to hue, i will defenetly go to John in the Amazing homestay!

Good value for money and very nice staff. Eggs and a baguette is included for breakfast. Only the one dorm room and the facilities are pretty average, and there are no security lockers. Probably best to stay at the backpackers hostel instead if they aren't full.

A very nice place to stay and an extremly helpful owner.

one of the best hostels youll ever stay at!! Duyen and his team do a fantastic job of looking ater their guests, always with a smile. Join them for traditional dinner nights, chill out with the other guests over a free beer during happy hour or take one of the many tours they offer here, the place has it all. Tours are the cheapest in Hue and top quality. The place is the perfect size for meeting people without that party hostel feel, I highly reccomend this place!!

Very welcoming place to stay and meed with other backpackers. All the staff are very friendly. The location could not be better. I had a good time there for 5 days.

I decided not to stay there as it wasn't really what expected.