Hue Amazing HomeStay Reviews

21 Pham Ngu Lao Street, Hue, Vietnam

The owners were incredibly helpful and kind

Don't expect anything too flash as this is a homestay not a hotel, but that is what made it great. The family and staff were so kind to me and did everything they could to help me with everything! Even offered to ring the police and track down the taxi that scammed me. Thankyou for showing me such kindness when i really needed it xx

A small hostel rather than a home stay with very friendly owners, a good cooked breakfast and free beer. The air conditioning however struggled to cool the room at all and there was only one toilet. Yet the staff made up for the lack of facilities in their kindness.

Nice place, friendly staff, good advice for tours and mechanics. Thx guys :)

Lovely family and nice little dorm. owner very helpful. Air conditioning doesn't really work so hot at night.

I really enjoyed my stay at Hue Amazing Homestay. There is a dorm with 10 beds, 2x2 beds are covered by two extra walls in the room. The beds are ok, not good not bad, but perfekt for travellers on a budget. The price includes a standard egg-or-pancace-breakfast, so the price-value-relation is really good. I booked two nights and a bus ticket at the hostel. After changing my plans, it was not a problem to decline one night again and to change the bus ticket 3 hours before departure for free!!

• 11th May 2015

A very noisy fan and only one bathroom/toilet for all guests. Host family was really great - nice, helpful and you get involved into their family life.

A lovely, friendly family who's home has been converted into a convenient and well-run homestay/hostel. It's $5 a night with free breakfast (breadfast) with omelette and pancakes as well. Well worth the visit if you haven't tried and homestay before and fancy giving it a go!

The family who runs the hostel is very nice. I also met some wonderful travelers here. Breakfast is a mini baguette and coffee. There are three sections of the dorm, two with one bunk bed each, and the middle with two bunks beds, one of which has three bunks. The middle section is a bit tight. Beds are very hard, but the hostel's location in an alley off the main backpacker street makes it quiet at night. The single bathroom is tiny and always damp due to the shower overhead.

OMG the stay was so great! Had the best time here! The city is beautiful and not as touristic as other Vietnam cities. The family was so great and friendly. If you want to have a awesome time, just go there! Best place in Vietnam.

I stayed here for several nights. Very good value. Including breakfast and a good host. Its a small and nice guesthouse where its easy to meet other travellers.

Sorry but its not good. Only if you expect absolutely minimum and you have no european standards at all.

Friendly staff, decent facilities, and so cheap! Good for a couple nights.

Incredible staff. Went above and beyond for me. So kind. Good eggs for breakfast. Nice hot shower.

I have checked this place out and left asap. There is a wall moulding and no locks for you stuff, the answer off the staff was just 'very save'. I have stayed in multiple places around vietnam and i'm aware that its not fully developed but this place is rotten in comparison.

The staff here are what make the place, they are wonderfully nice and very helpful, clearly care a lot about their homestay. Which makes it difficult or me to say anything negative, but I'm not going to lie, the place could do with a clean up as its a bit grotty and new lockers that are more secure should be put in place. I felt the dorm room was a bit open and not secure to leave bags in, but nothing bad happened while we were there so it was okay. Free breakfast here is very good. Recommend.

Excellent location in heart of Hue. Helpful staff. The dorms are ok for stay for 1-2 nights only for $5/night. Do not except any luxury. Basic accommodation for a budget.

Staff is great and Mr, John helped me buy a bike and was awesome at providing directions and pointers so I could ride down to Saigon. Thank you!

• 2nd Mar 2015

Very nice staff, shared some delicious rice cake with us!

Really friendly people who run the place. Bend over backwards to help you out. You practically stay here for free with the amount of money they ask for. Can't complain when that's the case!