Hue Amazing HomeStay Reviews

21 Pham Ngu Lao Street, Hue, Vietnam

The place wasn't terrible per se, it's just that if you're on a budget and don't really mind sleeping on a hard mattress for a night or two this might be the place for you. It's nice that we got the corner bunk next to the balcony, just unfortunate that the roof was leaking onto the top bed and the floor. The staff are very friendly although communicating in English is tenuous. The free breakfast was fine. Location's excellent however, for it is within walking distance to the attractions.

I've stayed in tons of hostels in SE Asia and these were by far the hardest beds ever. Just one room, a few of the bunks are 3 high. The walls are super dirty and streaked with things, but the beds were clean enough

When I got there, the hostel was actually closed. As far as I understood the owners English, they were doing some repairs and he offered to put me up at another place at the other end of town. He wanted to get me there by motorbike, in a tropical rain with my big backpack, not very responsible, I declined and went to a hotel around the corner. I had a look at their accomodation before I left, and even without the works it looked dismal. Best thing I can say: The guy was friendly and appologized.

You have to share one bathroom which includes the toilet and the shower with all 10 people, and you can't close the door. So everyone could just like that enter when they don't first knock. But the breakfast was soooo great!!! I loved that.

Fine if you're on a budget and just need a bed for the night. Apart from that, nothing special. Free breakfast is decent.

The bathroom can be a bit of a struggle, with the toilet being either in the dorm or in the living room. As in: not very sonically insulated. I know that matters to some. People who prefer a bit more privacy: be warned. Nothing that can't be fixed though. Friendly and helpful staff, altough level of english is rather basic. Well located near bars, hostel and old town.

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

A nice hostel

Can't fault this place. The owner is amazing. I stayed at Homestay 2 which is on the river. Dormitory is huge with big lockers and balcony overlooking the river. Owner couldn't do enough to check everything ok and even took me to the bus station on his motorcycle. Stay here and you won't be dissappointed.

Basic place, only one toilet but well located and with nice atmosphere. The owner is also nice.

The owners and their adorable baby made this place feel like home. We coked dinner together, talked, and they and other staff members were eager to give information about the area. They also do great motorbike tours. I wish I could stay somewhere like this everywhere!

It is a friendly hostel. The staff is nice. They always smiling and talking to you. There are really hekpful. The dorm is perfect too. Each bed has reading light, curtain and locker. The bathroom is clean.I enjoyed to stay there!

I arrived at the hostel and they offered me to eat lunch with them. The staff was super helpful, extremely kind and welcoming. The facilities could be slightly better, but you can not ask for everything and just pay 5$ a night :D Amazing place :)

Always friendly place to stay. Small hostel in middle of everything in Hue. This is the second time I have stayed at this hostel and will be back.

One of the nicest staffs I've ever met. It's right inside the backpackers area where you can find and rent motorbikes for 100 000 vnd anywhere. The owner's little brother does the easy rider trip for guests from Hue to Hoi An so you can book it straight from the reception. The place is a homestay and not a hostel so don't expect an actual room.

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Vietnam

Stay here. End of. John the owner is the man, sorted us out. My mates bike was a piece of junk and he swapped it for us for one that worked for a good price. We didn't have any major problems with it all the way to Hanoi, a real genuine good guy. Fun to chat to and came out to eat with us, just stay here and get chatting to him, you won't regret it!

My stay was amazing! The host offered free pick-up service from wherever the bus would drop us! He called the bus company in Hanoi and then drove me to their office in Hue so that I could confirm my ticket for the next day. So far he had not received any money from me! He and his employees are super friendly and not commercial at all! Best host that I ever met! I really enjoyed the stay at his hostel!

• 15th Aug 2014

John the manager is a top man. He identified an issue at his hostel so moved everyone to his new hostel and thoroughly sorted the issue out at the other hostel. Tours he got me on were great, atmosphere was easy going and friendly and we had a great party to open the new hostel. Cheers John and the crew!

Wonderfullly friendly and helpful staff, comfy beds though a little short on space and the AC was not the strongest

This is a very small hostel. It's good value for money. The area to socialise is small which I found difficult to meet others but it wasn't really a problem as there is only one room so you meet them there. John and his wife are very helpful and Han who works there is just lovely. It's close to the action but is quiet at night. The shower is not the best as it's next to the loo for the price including breakfast I was able to overlook that. It was a bit small for me but I would stay there again.

Family are really nice and very cute little boy, good help in booking train tickets and tours and cooked us a lovely dinner that cost less than a pound and you get a free breakfast. Not super clean and the shower is over the toilet so you have to test your flexibility. Also you have to ask them to turn the ac on but once you do its lovely and cool in the dorm. If you're trying to limit your spending this place does the job.