Hue Backpackers Hostel Reviews

10 Pham Ngu Lao St, Hue, Vietnam

Friendly atmosphere, easy to meet other travelers. The banana pancakes for breakfast are great!

Staff was great, helped me with SIM card/3G issues. They knew the area and ball park prices for taxis/cyclos/motos. Night staff English was not as good, but wanted to help. A little pushy on booking tours/tickets and transfers. Private room bathrooms could've been cleaner. Can get a little noisy if you have an early rise. Wifi, restaurant, and happy hour specials were average. Free breaky was average, but did the job. All in all, an average hostel in SEA for a decent price if you need a bed.

Party hostel. Private rooms are extremely small with a bunk bed and small walking space, but then again you get what you pay for. The staff are cool and friendly.

Good bar and restaurant downstairs and in the middle of the backpacker area.

You can't beat the location. The 10-person dorm was split in two so it didn't feel too crowded, and there is a big locker under the bed. I was a bit worried about the noise as this is very much a party hostel and I needed an early night. However, the second floor was very quiet and I got a good night's sleep. Staff are really friendly and helpful and even agreed to store luggage for people who weren't staying there.

Only stayed one night but atmosphere was good and location was favourable too. Slightly expensive for food and transport but cheaper places available nearby.

Had a great time here. Very helpful and friendly staff, excellent party hostel. Clean and airy rooms, good security in the rooms too

In many ways this is a good hostel. However, Wi-Fi was horrible, the style of the hostel is tacky (designed like a generic 'tropical' bar), and the guests are on the trashy side of things. Read: people will drunkenly get it on in the dormitories. :(

Happy helpful staff! Lots of people to meet! Very decent bar!

• 24th Feb 2014

Good hostel with a good atmosphere. nice and frioendly staff. :)

Very good hostel in Hue.

Great location central to the tourist area. Lots of options for tours, also transfers on to Hoi An or Phong Nha.

Really enjoyed my stay here, excellent bar and relaxing areas on the deck. Staff were amazing! Only issue I had was that the locker under my bed had a pretty flimsy lock, if I had pulled the handle with a bit of force it would have broke the lock..didnt make my stuff feel too secure, but not really an issue. Had a great stay, will definitely be back!

Although Hue Backpackers is more of a party hostel, everyone will get their sleep because the bar closes down at 10. There are still many places nearby. I really enjoyed my time there and had a good time. The staff is really very helpful and for sure someone is always there to help you. Although 10 bed dorm might seem quite big, especially with only one bathroom it worked surprisingly well. And the balcony is really the best place to recover from the overnight bus or the last party.

Hostel staff were friendly, funny, and helpful. 10 bed female dorm was a little cramped, and at times there was a queue for the single ensuite, but each bed had large lockable storage, a light and a power point. Overall the hostel is clean and well run, and is a great place to meet other travelers. The location is convenient, but touristy, so be prepared, however, to be harassed by vendors, motorbike drivers, and restaurant personnel as you walk down the street the hostel is on.

Love hanoi backpackers but this One in hue is just disappointing. Ten bed dorm turns out to be 12 bed dorm with only One toilet and shower, way to many beds in a tiny room, way to expensive for hue where you can easily find cheaper Hotels with better quality

BEWARE OF BEDBUGS. Though the staff were friendly, I along with 4 other girls had bed bugs from this place. Apparently it's been a problem before but when I informed the staff they just changed my sheets, gave me a new bed and put a new person in my bug infested bed! Not worth the hassle... Stay somewhere else!

Absolutely a blast. But: BED BUGS! Best atmosphere in VIetnam, except maybe their sister hostels in Hanoi. Staff was very nice and very fun. Breakfast wasn't great, eggs and bread. HUGE lockers fit all your stuff. One roommate woke up covered in bites, soon after (without complaining) they said they were moving her to another room and changed her sheets before putting another traveller in her bed. In the middle of the night while packing I saw a horde of bed bugs scurry away when I used my light

One of the best hostels I have ever stay, if we come back, for sure we will stay again. Since you stared booking , even you get problem during trip in Hanoi, or other places, write them emails, they try best to help you. And emails replied always with in few hours. Very helpful and friendly!

ReLly friendly place and helped us out when we got scammed by camel travel.

• 28th Jan 2014