Hue Backpackers Hostel Reviews

10 Pham Ngu Lao St, Hue, Vietnam

If you've stayed at any other backpackers hostel then you know the crack. Hostel that is also a bar at night. Vietnamese staff are very friendly and helpful but the reps are just annoying alcoholics looking for friends to drink with at night. 6 bed room was quite small but beds were comfy. We paid for Easy Riders to drive us to Hoi An which was really good, very nice drivers.

Staff weren't the friendliest (bit blunt) but we're always helpful Female dorm was split into two rooms so nice and spacious We arrived at 8 and they said we could shower as couldn't check in yet which was very nice of them, stored luggage didn't seem the safest but nothing went missing

Hostel and staff were great. Wifi in rooms wasn't great and there was never any hot water

Nice hostel with a very good breakfast. Annoying that my dorm which was full of girls only had one bathroom. Also the drain didn't work very well so the bathroom/wet room got pretty much flooded. Good atmosphere though and fine for a short stay in Hue town.

Dorms are dark and dingy, isn't enough room to swing a cat in the tiny showers between 10+. Air con dripped on me all night. Not worth the money at all, no towel, no hospitality. Just a name with a reputation, in my opinion not a good one!

We paid for an AC room but only got the AC working in the nights. Also the rent priceprices for scooter and cycles were way over the usual rate.

bait and switch stayed in heu backapckers private room which is actually across the road in the phuoc an dmz hotel. stay at the phuoc an direct is 5 bucks cheaper per night. hue backpacker incl. breakfast, but its only worth 1.50 at best, so save yourself the 3.50 per night and stay direct with phuoc an dmz.

Nice place to stay, with good atmosphere. Helpful with sorting out further travel. AC didn't work particularly well though, and wifi was less than hopeless.

Broken air conditioning in 40+ degrees! 1 tiny toilet and shower between 12.

Dear guest, Firstly, i'm sorry that the air conditioning broke down during your stay with us. As i'm sure you can understand, this sometimes happens as we are running the AC continuously due to the heat in Vietnam. All is fixed again and the rooms are ice cold :-) We do have extra toilets and showers downstairs near the bar as there is only one in our 10 bed dorm and we are limited on space. Many thanks for your review, The team in Hue

Great place to stay in a really good location , on the main strip of restaurants/bars . Nice balconies outside the dorm rooms with lounge seating to relax . Downstairs bar / social area could do with being bigger as its very small . Reception staff are helpful but can be quite rude at times . We booked to Hai Van Pass bike tour from here which we'd highly recommend - it's quite overpriced and there are other company's that do it cheaper but it's a reliable company .

Personal lockers would be nice. Also, maybe restricting noisy activities to the first floor after a certain time. There were some very loud people drinking outside my window until late.

Dear guest, Thank you for your review on the hostel in Hue. We provide TWO personal lockers per bed - One under the bed with a lock and key PLUS metal loops to attach your own lock if needed. We also provide a smaller locker on the wall next to your bed and the light and wall socket. I'm sorry about the noise outside your room, we close our bar at 11pm to allow guests to sleep. Our security have been asked to do more regular walk abouts late at night to stop this. Kind regard, Rob

Had a nice stay here. The hostel balconies are very pretty. Staff is very helpfull. Bar is nice and good to meet people or to have a good (non asian) meal. Tall english men working are very sweet and friendly, always there to help me out. I had a great stay. Showers and wifi were not good.

Witnessed the staff not changing the sheets after a person checked out, merely straightened them up from the last person instead!!

Dear guest, Thank you for your review and informing us of this incident. Our Housekeeping team are awesome and i assure you they would not just straighten up a bed for the next customer. We pride ourselves in cleanliness and making each experience the best for our guests. You probably saw the staff straighten the bed which a customer was still using, this is why the sheets were not changed. Best of luck on your travels, Rob

Staff at reception was far from friendly. Seemed rather annoyed when I checked in and had questions (thought it was just me but spoke to travelers that had same experience). English was sometimes difficult at tour desk what I didn't understand as bar staff spoke perfect English. The location was good but due to unfriendly and unhelpfull receptionstaff (bar staff nice) I am not sure if I would stay here again. There are quiet a few other hostels around so I guess I would not go back.

Fun Place, worth checking out

• 26th May 2015

Bar first, hostel second: ideal for 18 year old boys. In the 8 bed dorm, bathroom small with both toilet and shower in it. Slept fine but could use the electricity socket to charge my phone as it's location was close to the bed frame and my adaptor is quite substantial. There is a limited free breakfast option for guests - otherwise a more extensive menu you can pay extra for. Staff on front desk were friendly enough but the guy tending the breakfast bar needs some customer service training.

Below average hostel. 10 bed dorm room with one bathroom where the roof had fallen in when we arrived so were expected to use the room next door! Reception and bar area was tiny and absolutely boiling hot and far too uncomfortable to enjoy breakfast. Potentially good if you are a solo traveler and want to meet people but otherwise I wouldn't stay here

Clean rooms. Great atmosphere with activities planned each night. Although loud in the rooms until after midnight if you don't want to participate. Close to bars and cafes but not to any of the tourist sights. Rooms were very cold with no blanket provided. Had a shy, power point and personal light.

Wouldn't stay here again. Spent the first night slept against a mouldy wall, to be woken up with a maintenance guy drilling the wall in our room at 9am. Then got swapped rooms but moved into different rooms which I can deal with. But the room I got moved into had one toilet and one shower for 14 people. Upon arrival staff were more interested in the fire safety drill happening outside. Didn't get a smile or a welcome, it was asif we was a burden. if I could write more I could easily carry on

• 14th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great location, booked it based on staying in their hostels. Disappointing compared to their other hostels. Staff were rude and u helpful. Booked an 8 bed dorm and we were put into a dorm with 14 people. There was a bathroom and shower in the room, but not enough for a group of 14. Great location, and very clean.

« first « Prev 1 2 3