Hue Backpackers Hostel Reviews

10 Pham Ngu Lao St, Hue, Vietnam

I upgraded to a private room which was in a different building than the hostel, so I didn't actually spend that much time at the hostel. The private room was a bit smelly and very cold as the windows did not shut properly and the wind just blew straight in. They did however provide me with extra blankets. The hostel itself is a party hostel, so if you are looking for a good night sleep, don't go here.

This hostel is superb. Located in a great area with everything pretty close. The rooms are spacious the only downfall was the hot water running out at times that's the only complain I can have the rest was excellent. However my favourite part has to be the atmosphere. Great hosts and the place is always lovely. If you are looking for a great experience when it comes to partying and having fun I'd recommend it

• 3rd Feb 2016
  • South Africa

Fun hostel - reception staff and bar staff are great: incredibly helpful and ensure that everyone is enjoying themselves. Nice beds, lockers etc. Ideal for young backpackers who aren't offended by free beers, multiple happy hours and a late night.

What a great hostel! It's so easy so make friends, also the foreign staff are very friendly and a lot of fun. Probably not the best place to stay if you don't like to party or go out late as the walls are thin and it's pretty loud downstairs. If you don't mind a little noise you should definitely stay there, it's one of the greatest hostels in Vietnam. And book the motorbike tour with the staff!!!

• 30th Jan 2016
  • Norway

Definitely more of a lively environment but if you are looking for incredible atmosphere and a place where you will meet a lot of people then look no further! This branch of hostels are the best I've ever stayed in. The staff, cleaniliness,breakfast, activities.... Everything you could want and more!

Nice place to stay in the middle of backpackers area. Good breakfast, nice vibes and friendly atmosphere. Very helpful staff ;) I took part in DMZ tour with them and then transferred to Ninh Binh. All was very well organized. Important thing to remember is that they do not run transfers to Phong Nha through DMZ any more (it is widely spread in guidebooks).

Nice, clean hostel. Staff is nice. Dorm was ok. Amotsphere is amazing

This is one of the best hostels we stayed in in Vietnam. The staff are so friendly and helpful and the breakfast is delicious. The only thing we'd change is the chilli con carne - it was more like a beef stew with popadoms instead of tortilla chips haha. We really wish we could've stayed longer but unfortunately we didn't have enough time left on our visas. Thanks for an enjoyable stay!

Good location on a bar street of Hue. The dorms were well sized and laid out, and cleaned every day. The only downside was a bloke who went to the toilet in the shower. The restaurant downstairs is a good hang out and place to meet others. The staff are great and will help you with anything you need

Good place if you are a solo traveler because a lot of backpackers, but if you want to have quite night not the best place. Same same australian backpackers, very main stream and a lot of parties

Excellent hostel but the bar next door blasted music early in the morning after New Years Eve. Hue and Hue Backpackers Hostel was a bright spot in Vietnam.

Great Hostel. Stayed here for NYE and had a great time.

The Vietnamese staff were pretty rude and abrupt. The foreign staff were nice though and recommended a good place to fix our bikes.

A busy, popular hostel, but its operations are quite well organized and managed and I had a great stay despite the hordes of people....

Average hostel. I booked a night in a dorm, but met two friends on the road so I wanted to change to a 3 bed private. Was not possible without losing my deposit I already paid, which is weird I think (money is money, right?), but okay. Private room was located across the road, so met zero fellow travellers. Load music til 2am. Breakfast was alright.

An excellent hostel. The staff was amazing, the free beer happy hour was everything, and the tours were reasonable. FYI I stayed in a private room and those are not in the hostel proper. They're across the street in rooms the hostel has leased from a local hotel. Still amazing and comfortable, but just a heads up that you will be across the street if you choose a private.

Very nice hostel in Hue's pub street. If you prefer a good night's sleep, think it over, but in order to meet fellow traveller's, this is the place to go. It offers a bunch of free stuff and the friendly staff will help you with anything.

Good location, very social, easy to meet other backpackers. Good free breakfast. The scooters (for the top gear ride) are a bit on the expensive side but I guess you pay for service. I can definitely recommend this hostel fur solo travellers but if you were two or more I would use one of the cheap hotels around and use the hostel to hang out.

Nice hostel but soooooooooo noisy. Get a private if you want to saty there

Decent place , hostel itself is nicely laid out . Good menu . Breakfast good . If you have a private room you're in an entirely other building across the street. No big deal tho. Can't really go wrong here . Staff nice too .

« first « Prev 1 2 3