Hue Backpackers Hostel Reviews

10 Pham Ngu Lao St, Hue, Vietnam

Nice place to stay for a few nights. Only thing I didn't like was that there was just one shower

Great location, good vibe, free breakfast! Met some nice people in my dorm so very happy I stayed there! Tours etc are too expensive to my opinion! But highly recommended

Great lively place to stay for 2 nights. Crew at hue are fantastic and really friendly. Laundry is cheap. Room was a bit small but really homely. Shower room was tiny and would get really hot. Morning pancakes where the works! Rent a bike and go to the beach and see the old town. Eat seafood @ the beach.

Very good location, great atmosphere, full of backpackers. Close to the bars. Easy to walk to the citadel. Recommended !

very nice hostel, easy to get to know other travellers close to the clubs and town - they organised for everyone to go to the club nice food

This place is awesome, it's connected to Hanoi backpackers. The staff were very informative and I liked that they had a lot if western staff were here. I highly recommend this place.

We sometimes try and avoid the big chain hostels and find nice little ones where you can get to know all the guests better but you really can't go wrong with some big backpacker hostels! Good bar and met plenty of people! Nice enough room and right next to the backpacker bars and restaurants.

Perfect! Nothing bad to say about this place except stay here, simple.

Pros: Strategic location, friendly and helpful staff (all my emails before my stay is quickly replied), proper breakfast, proper bathroom Cons: some lockers were broken, lack of shared toilet Otherwise not much to review due to my only night stay

• 27th May 2014
  • Indonesia

Keep in mind all the Vietnam backpacker chain hostels offer the same thing, a great hostel but definitely one focused on partying. The facilities and location are great and they will get you a motorbike for 200k dong, the tours are overpriced but that´s the price they charge for comfort. I had a problem with my gas being syphoned out overnight and got really pissed about it but after talking with the manager I got enough money refunded to recharge the tank.

Great location in old town, can walk to palace in 20 mins, surrounded by shops, bars and cafes. Has enjoyable tour of DMZ area. Not as lively or party like atmosphere as its other hostels in Hanoi

We found cockroaches, and it's just not a clean place in general. The worst part has to be the staff, however. The staff referred to my indian friend as, "the black girl". It took half an hour to process her key deposit back, and they were just not helpful in general. Very bro-ish atmosphere.

Hostel ok... Not amazing but ok. Good location close to the bars in Hue. Quite a walk though to the cidatel! Hue is such a beautiful city! You definitely should go there!

I was pleasantly surprised with Hue Backpackers. I didn't find the staff too helpful but overall very happy with my stay

Building was nice, nice neighborhood. Room wasn't too big or comfortable, but ok.

There's not much to do in Hue so it's a fun place to stay if you're looking to party and meet other travelers. The happy hour is a great way to meet people and everyone usually ends up going out together. I found the beds comfy and rooms clean.

Graet little hostel, clean, friendly and good location. Would stay here again.

There was one girl behind reception who seemed annoyed any time I approached the desk. It's your job sweetheart! It's amazing how much one person can affect your liking of a place.

Friendly atmosphere, easy to meet other travelers. The banana pancakes for breakfast are great!

Staff was great, helped me with SIM card/3G issues. They knew the area and ball park prices for taxis/cyclos/motos. Night staff English was not as good, but wanted to help. A little pushy on booking tours/tickets and transfers. Private room bathrooms could've been cleaner. Can get a little noisy if you have an early rise. Wifi, restaurant, and happy hour specials were average. Free breaky was average, but did the job. All in all, an average hostel in SEA for a decent price if you need a bed.