Hue Backpackers Hostel Reviews

10 Pham Ngu Lao St, Hue, Vietnam

Had a great time!!

• 5th Aug 2014

Good hostel for the price. Nice and friendly staff. You could hear music all night from surrounding bars.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

Just really the most fun hostel to stay at while in Hue.

Enjoyed the time I spent here, staff are spot on

Slightly overrated place, the bar is good! The Vietnamese staff are about as helpful as a poke in the eye... Not interested in being there at all. The food is pretty good but hardly any Vietnamese food which is a shame. If I visited hue again I'd stay else where and just visit the bar.

Nice place to stay for a few nights. Only thing I didn't like was that there was just one shower

Had a great stay at Hue Backpackers. Met some great people and had some fun nights. If you want a social hostel then it's a really fun place. The downstairs common area is so good for meeting other travellers and the balconies have the comfiest chairs ever. It's about a half hour walk to the Citadel however it's a really nice walk through a park and across the river so no complaints there. Only issue I had was finding cheap eats close by.

Great location, good vibe, free breakfast! Met some nice people in my dorm so very happy I stayed there! Tours etc are too expensive to my opinion! But highly recommended

Great lively place to stay for 2 nights. Crew at hue are fantastic and really friendly. Laundry is cheap. Room was a bit small but really homely. Shower room was tiny and would get really hot. Morning pancakes where the works! Rent a bike and go to the beach and see the old town. Eat seafood @ the beach.

Very good location, great atmosphere, full of backpackers. Close to the bars. Easy to walk to the citadel. Recommended !

very nice hostel, easy to get to know other travellers close to the clubs and town - they organised for everyone to go to the club nice food

This place is awesome, it's connected to Hanoi backpackers. The staff were very informative and I liked that they had a lot if western staff were here. I highly recommend this place.

We sometimes try and avoid the big chain hostels and find nice little ones where you can get to know all the guests better but you really can't go wrong with some big backpacker hostels! Good bar and met plenty of people! Nice enough room and right next to the backpacker bars and restaurants.

Perfect! Nothing bad to say about this place except stay here, simple.

Pros: Strategic location, friendly and helpful staff (all my emails before my stay is quickly replied), proper breakfast, proper bathroom Cons: some lockers were broken, lack of shared toilet Otherwise not much to review due to my only night stay

• 27th May 2014
  • Indonesia

Keep in mind all the Vietnam backpacker chain hostels offer the same thing, a great hostel but definitely one focused on partying. The facilities and location are great and they will get you a motorbike for 200k dong, the tours are overpriced but that´s the price they charge for comfort. I had a problem with my gas being syphoned out overnight and got really pissed about it but after talking with the manager I got enough money refunded to recharge the tank.

Great location in old town, can walk to palace in 20 mins, surrounded by shops, bars and cafes. Has enjoyable tour of DMZ area. Not as lively or party like atmosphere as its other hostels in Hanoi

We found cockroaches, and it's just not a clean place in general. The worst part has to be the staff, however. The staff referred to my indian friend as, "the black girl". It took half an hour to process her key deposit back, and they were just not helpful in general. Very bro-ish atmosphere.

Hostel ok... Not amazing but ok. Good location close to the bars in Hue. Quite a walk though to the cidatel! Hue is such a beautiful city! You definitely should go there!

I was pleasantly surprised with Hue Backpackers. I didn't find the staff too helpful but overall very happy with my stay