Hue Backpackers Hostel Reviews

10 Pham Ngu Lao St, Hue, Vietnam

A good stay for a night in Hue and the hostel is always buzzing with people!

We stayed twice for one night and had a very good experience! Rooms were clean, just as the bathrooms. Nice big lockers under the bed and a good location! Staff was very nice and helpful.

Had a great time and its a really good hostel, The only problem is that it can be very noisy At night.

It was a fine place to stay. Has quite a lively downstairs hangout area, though quite crowded so not the easiest to just hang out in. Each floor also has a balcony area so you can just chill in the big hammock chairs up there. Hué is a bit of a boring town as far as I can tell, but the hostel is in an ok/touristy area of a couple of steets of restaurants and shops. The staff seemed a bit overworked.

This place rocked! Staff were great always helpful, loads going on at night which involved everybody, was very comfortable and relaxed definitely be back! Cheers guys!

The staff were what made this hostel but what let it down severely is that the air con broke as we arrived ( was leaking very heavy on my bed) and after informing the staff I had to wait 30 mins Until someone turned up claimed he fixed it and five minutes later it's was in the same state. And after telling the desk staff about the issue three times they eventually just pulled the tube connecting to the air out and let it drip outside instead but hey the hostel would of been great without this.

Lovely hostel with nice staff and in a perfect location. The rooms are nice especially with the balcony area outside. Good place to chill but also loved the themed nights and bar crawl to Brown Eyes!

Good place, only 6 dorms bed, with AC and good shower. Lockers inside the room, staff really helpful, just be careful when you do the chek-out, they forgot to gave us back our passports!

The guys here were lovely, really helpful and full of advice. (Ask the Aussi guy where the abandoned waterpark is!). Only bad point was crappy wifi

The hostel was fine, this was the first place on my trip where I have been bitten so much- I could see all the Mosquitos in the dorm so spray up! Comfy beds, good lockers, average breakfast- you have to pay for the extras. Bad first night but that was due to the other people in the dorm, out of the hostel's control.

Nice hostel in a good location. Rooms were nice, and the little decks off the front of the rooms was an added bonus. Wifi only worked in the lobby and was rather slow when there were other people there. Good location to meet other people.

One of the best hostels we stayed at so far. Amazing western food. Staff who organise the bar events and bar crawl are super friendly and sociable without being too pushy and over the top about getting drunk. Great atmosphere. Balconys are great to chill out on. Made such an effort for my birthday - really appreciated it!

Awesome experience here! The staff is so friendly (Lucky) and they make you feel so welcome and excited that you decided to make Hue one of your destination points. The beds are comfy. The rooms themselves are very clean. The atmosphere is great and it's in a nice location. I would highly recommend it!

really great hostel and staff does speak English. very centrally located and lots of activities.

We ended up staying here much longer than we originally planned as we loved it so much. Staff (Locky) were especially helpful and we had the best day at the beach with him. The food from the bar downstairs was great too and the evening entertainment was also great. Would highly recommend.

This place is run by an awesome Aussie bloke, who like all Aussies believes in the odd drink so expect free beer if you arrive on a Sunday between 5-6pm! Beds were clean and comfy. My friend and I got offered a double bed in a shared dorm for $12 USD, winning! Toilet and shower are separate so no need to wait. Great location!

It was a wonderful place to stay. I would highly recommend it for those going to hue, with that said, you do not need to stay more than one night in that city.

• 3rd Mar 2015

Decent backpacker hostel with lively bar. No trouble sleeping though. Our bathroom drain blocked at 10pm and staff had a maintenance man up in 15 minutes.

Great Hostel with nice balcony, close to main attractions , themed nights The water system was a bit dodgy at the time I stayed, so everyone had to share the showers/toilets downstairs, but I understand it was out of their control

Good beds, big rooms, large lockers. Too much booze going on every night but I guess that's just me complaining. good vibe overall. Very basic breakfast, has complementary options that they will charge you for.