Hue Backpackers Hostel Reviews

10 Pham Ngu Lao St, Hue, Vietnam

The hostel was fine, this was the first place on my trip where I have been bitten so much- I could see all the Mosquitos in the dorm so spray up! Comfy beds, good lockers, average breakfast- you have to pay for the extras. Bad first night but that was due to the other people in the dorm, out of the hostel's control.

Nice hostel in a good location. Rooms were nice, and the little decks off the front of the rooms was an added bonus. Wifi only worked in the lobby and was rather slow when there were other people there. Good location to meet other people.

One of the best hostels we stayed at so far. Amazing western food. Staff who organise the bar events and bar crawl are super friendly and sociable without being too pushy and over the top about getting drunk. Great atmosphere. Balconys are great to chill out on. Made such an effort for my birthday - really appreciated it!

Awesome experience here! The staff is so friendly (Lucky) and they make you feel so welcome and excited that you decided to make Hue one of your destination points. The beds are comfy. The rooms themselves are very clean. The atmosphere is great and it's in a nice location. I would highly recommend it!

really great hostel and staff does speak English. very centrally located and lots of activities.

We ended up staying here much longer than we originally planned as we loved it so much. Staff (Locky) were especially helpful and we had the best day at the beach with him. The food from the bar downstairs was great too and the evening entertainment was also great. Would highly recommend.

This place is run by an awesome Aussie bloke, who like all Aussies believes in the odd drink so expect free beer if you arrive on a Sunday between 5-6pm! Beds were clean and comfy. My friend and I got offered a double bed in a shared dorm for $12 USD, winning! Toilet and shower are separate so no need to wait. Great location!

It was a wonderful place to stay. I would highly recommend it for those going to hue, with that said, you do not need to stay more than one night in that city.

• 3rd Mar 2015

Decent backpacker hostel with lively bar. No trouble sleeping though. Our bathroom drain blocked at 10pm and staff had a maintenance man up in 15 minutes.

Great Hostel with nice balcony, close to main attractions , themed nights The water system was a bit dodgy at the time I stayed, so everyone had to share the showers/toilets downstairs, but I understand it was out of their control

Good beds, big rooms, large lockers. Too much booze going on every night but I guess that's just me complaining. good vibe overall. Very basic breakfast, has complementary options that they will charge you for.

Couldn't really fault it. A great hostel to stay in. Such a fantastic backpacker vibe

A good place to meet others- balconies outside the dorms and a bar downstairs. Breakfast was ok but only instant coffee and tea provided. No towels provided, bathroom about the standard you expect for the price. Large secure lockers under the bunks and locks on the room doors, but when my bag was delivered they left it in front of the reception desk where anyone could have taken it. Plugs, a little cupboard for wallet/phone and a light for each bunk was a nice touch.

Nice place to stay, showers were fine, nice balcony and great staff! Decent beds and clean linnen. You can also book al kinds of excursions. Only hasseling drug couriers made me crazy.

• 15th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Amazing hostel!!!

Probably the best hostel in hue. Good location, close to all the bars and some good restaurants. Not much to do in the city but staff organized a trip to the orphanage which was awesome!

I liked this hostel. It had a lot of character and a decent location. It's easy to get to the old palace by motorbike from the hostel. I was lucky to get a couple of quiet nights in the female dorm. Comfortable beds, liveable bathroom. The free breakfast isn't great, but whatever...

This was a pretty good hostel for Hue. The atmosphere downstairs is great, with plenty of room to socialise and play drinking games. The rooms are kept clean and beds/pillows are very comfortable. The open-bus we took down to Hue stopped right infront of this hostel which was convenient. Overall, good hostel for socialising and is quite enough for sleep.

Pretty fun hostel. Great atmosphere and they organise something for everyone to do each night. Very social. Can't complain really

Loved this place!! Other than the girls behind reception (they seemed a bit arrogant and rude) the staff was awesome. Comfy beds and perfect location. Definitely recommend this place. Best hostel I've been in, in Vietnam!

• 2nd Feb 2015