Hue Backpackers Hostel Reviews

10 Pham Ngu Lao St, Hue, Vietnam

Amazing hostel. Lockers to well designed. Stafff friendly and helpful in booking onward transport and gave lots of info for hostels in the next couple of cities. Food was great. Evening activities fun.

Great location, near all of the sights, night spots and many delicious local restaurants. Short walk across the river to the Citadel. Friendly staff, clean rooms, great balconies on each floor.

Very good hostel! pros = breakfast, very laid back atmosphere and chilling out on the balcony. Excellent place to meet fellow backpackers. cons = DMZ tour I would not recommend because its mostly sitting in a bus.

Definitely a great place to party and meet people! Not for the faint of liver.

Everything was pretty good , with one exception - the wifi is horrible.

Small dorms with hard beds, lockers for every bed with no own light, facilities average. Hostel owner a little annoying when offering you trips. Place is hard to find, but a short walk into city center.

I loved my stay at Hue Backpackers, even though it was only one night! The dorm was clean and comfortable, the staff were all lovely and it was a pretty good location-the main tourist attractions were well within walking distance. All in all a very pleasant stay!

A great place with much life, atmosphere and lovely staff (for example Lan).

Nice rooms but they are never locked. Staff were ok but had an attitude when checking in. Breakfast was free but basic. Drink prices are overpriced, same with the food. Two doors down beets were half the price - hence nobody being in the bar. Would stay again though.

Helpful staff, but everything was quite expensive. The atmosphere is great but this carries with it that its often quite loud well into the evening and early night, can be hard to sleep. Rooms are nice and clean. Balconies on every floor.

This is run by the same people as the two Hanoi Backpackers (Downtown and Original) so you know it's going to be good. The beds are great and the bathrooms are clean. Dorm room was a little pokey but nothing major. The bar is really good and is a great place to start before hitting up Brown Eyes. Hue itself isn't the greatest but the self ride Top Gear tour from Hue to Hoi An that was organised through the hostel is worth a stop over. One of the highlights of my time in Vietnam!!

Good location, good beds, friendly and helpful staff. Thought out for backpackers - lockers for backpacks and valuables really great and lights etc. for each bed. Quick laundry. Could have done with a heater - it rained almost continuously during our stay so it got cold so nothing in our room dried out.

• 21st Dec 2013

Loved this place so much. Staff could not have been nicer and they did a fantastic job at making sure everyone was included in the partying. This hostel is perfect for a solo traveller looking to meet other travellers. Rooms were clean and they have good lockers!

Great hostel with a great atmosphere. The staff were friendly and helpful and there are good times to be had in the bar!

We arrived late and the one security member couldn't speak English at all which was a pity. Cause we tried to explain we booked a female dorm and he was trying to put as in a mixed one. He showed us 3 dorms till we finally ended up in the right one. Apart from that, everything was fine!

Good hostel, good food and location. We enjoyed our stay, thank you.

Serviceminded and helpful staff.

• 27th Nov 2013
  • Denmark
  • Couple, 41+

I thought the hostel was a very good place to socialise - it's also very pretty with a large covered veranda. However staying in the 10 bed dorm wasn't great - lots of noise from people getting up/ going to bed at different times so don't expect to sleep! Plus only one shower for 10 girls is a challenge! Friends found double rooms for the same price as one dorm bed so its not the cheapest option for the area - if you don't stay here at least come for happy hour!

Stayed here for two nights, really lovely hostel. Clean, everyything you need is there. The common area is a nice place to be in and meet people. Good menu, nice helpfull staff. Great hostel!

I only stayed here one night, and happy I did. This backpackers dorm was not as clean as Hanoi backpackers. The female dorm was a bit cramped and I wasn't a fan of the staff. They were slow or didnt acknowledge you when trying to order a drink, and not understanding. After I told them I booked my own transportation. They insisted I didnt and that I was wrong. The only good thing was the open bus tour dropped us right off