Hue Backpackers Hostel Reviews

10 Pham Ngu Lao St, Hue, Vietnam

Nice rooms but they are never locked. Staff were ok but had an attitude when checking in. Breakfast was free but basic. Drink prices are overpriced, same with the food. Two doors down beets were half the price - hence nobody being in the bar. Would stay again though.

Helpful staff, but everything was quite expensive. The atmosphere is great but this carries with it that its often quite loud well into the evening and early night, can be hard to sleep. Rooms are nice and clean. Balconies on every floor.

This is run by the same people as the two Hanoi Backpackers (Downtown and Original) so you know it's going to be good. The beds are great and the bathrooms are clean. Dorm room was a little pokey but nothing major. The bar is really good and is a great place to start before hitting up Brown Eyes. Hue itself isn't the greatest but the self ride Top Gear tour from Hue to Hoi An that was organised through the hostel is worth a stop over. One of the highlights of my time in Vietnam!!

Good location, good beds, friendly and helpful staff. Thought out for backpackers - lockers for backpacks and valuables really great and lights etc. for each bed. Quick laundry. Could have done with a heater - it rained almost continuously during our stay so it got cold so nothing in our room dried out.

• 21st Dec 2013

Loved this place so much. Staff could not have been nicer and they did a fantastic job at making sure everyone was included in the partying. This hostel is perfect for a solo traveller looking to meet other travellers. Rooms were clean and they have good lockers!

Cool place in Hue. Dorms are average, though you can lock your backpack in a compartment under the bed which is pretty cool. Nice terraces on each level and great open-front bar on the ground floor. Met lots of cool people here! The food was pretty decent too.

Great hostel with a great atmosphere. The staff were friendly and helpful and there are good times to be had in the bar!

We arrived late and the one security member couldn't speak English at all which was a pity. Cause we tried to explain we booked a female dorm and he was trying to put as in a mixed one. He showed us 3 dorms till we finally ended up in the right one. Apart from that, everything was fine!

Good hostel, good food and location. We enjoyed our stay, thank you.

Serviceminded and helpful staff.

• 27th Nov 2013
  • Denmark
  • Couple, 41+

I thought the hostel was a very good place to socialise - it's also very pretty with a large covered veranda. However staying in the 10 bed dorm wasn't great - lots of noise from people getting up/ going to bed at different times so don't expect to sleep! Plus only one shower for 10 girls is a challenge! Friends found double rooms for the same price as one dorm bed so its not the cheapest option for the area - if you don't stay here at least come for happy hour!

Stayed here for two nights, really lovely hostel. Clean, everyything you need is there. The common area is a nice place to be in and meet people. Good menu, nice helpfull staff. Great hostel!

I only stayed here one night, and happy I did. This backpackers dorm was not as clean as Hanoi backpackers. The female dorm was a bit cramped and I wasn't a fan of the staff. They were slow or didnt acknowledge you when trying to order a drink, and not understanding. After I told them I booked my own transportation. They insisted I didnt and that I was wrong. The only good thing was the open bus tour dropped us right off

Slow wifi, rude staff, worts breakfast in sea and not so clean toilets :(( Good location and vibe, specially for solo travellers!

I've rated facilities as average due to their appalling WiFi. Sometimes works, then doesn't for long periods; rarely if ever works in the dorm; dropouts when you need to send/view something. C'mon guys, sort it out, it's the worst I've ever experienced. I gave up and either hooked up to hotel next door or went down to the DMZ. Setting up static IP helps on iPhone Good set up in the dorms though, lockers and mini-lockers with plugs near beds. Hot showers etc. Not noisy either, good atmosphere.

Well located hostel near to bars and restuarants. Dorm was basic but clean and comfortable. Sociable area downstairs and on the balconies.

The hostel in Hanoi is much better quality in terms of bathrooms and facilities, but both are great places to stay. They have similar menus and drink specials. Great staff and they help you easily book further adventures. Highly recommend this place for younger travelers.

Cheap place near bars and restaurants; rooms are small but ok, bathroom and toilet not that amazing but overall a nice place to meet other travellers hoping they dont puke all weekend in the dorm or fall asleep in the toilet.....!

All staff were pleasant and took the time time to talk to people. Had everything you needed with a clean room, shower and lockers. The bar the hostel has is a great feature as it attracts other backpackers in the area

I slept here 2 nights. It was fine for an hostel, the only thing i would change is to make sure there is a seperate toilet instead placing this in the shower. When you are with 10 girls in one room it can be crowded :) further is was a fun place, meet lots of people in the bar and have fun