Hue Backpackers Hostel Reviews

10 Pham Ngu Lao St, Hue, Vietnam

Personal lockers would be nice. Also, maybe restricting noisy activities to the first floor after a certain time. There were some very loud people drinking outside my window until late.

Dear guest, Thank you for your review on the hostel in Hue. We provide TWO personal lockers per bed - One under the bed with a lock and key PLUS metal loops to attach your own lock if needed. We also provide a smaller locker on the wall next to your bed and the light and wall socket. I'm sorry about the noise outside your room, we close our bar at 11pm to allow guests to sleep. Our security have been asked to do more regular walk abouts late at night to stop this. Kind regard, Rob

Had a nice stay here. The hostel balconies are very pretty. Staff is very helpfull. Bar is nice and good to meet people or to have a good (non asian) meal. Tall english men working are very sweet and friendly, always there to help me out. I had a great stay. Showers and wifi were not good.

Witnessed the staff not changing the sheets after a person checked out, merely straightened them up from the last person instead!!

Dear guest, Thank you for your review and informing us of this incident. Our Housekeeping team are awesome and i assure you they would not just straighten up a bed for the next customer. We pride ourselves in cleanliness and making each experience the best for our guests. You probably saw the staff straighten the bed which a customer was still using, this is why the sheets were not changed. Best of luck on your travels, Rob

Great hostel with great bar and breakfast

Staff at reception was far from friendly. Seemed rather annoyed when I checked in and had questions (thought it was just me but spoke to travelers that had same experience). English was sometimes difficult at tour desk what I didn't understand as bar staff spoke perfect English. The location was good but due to unfriendly and unhelpfull receptionstaff (bar staff nice) I am not sure if I would stay here again. There are quiet a few other hostels around so I guess I would not go back.

Fun Place, worth checking out

• 26th May 2015

Bar first, hostel second: ideal for 18 year old boys. In the 8 bed dorm, bathroom small with both toilet and shower in it. Slept fine but could use the electricity socket to charge my phone as it's location was close to the bed frame and my adaptor is quite substantial. There is a limited free breakfast option for guests - otherwise a more extensive menu you can pay extra for. Staff on front desk were friendly enough but the guy tending the breakfast bar needs some customer service training.

Below average hostel. 10 bed dorm room with one bathroom where the roof had fallen in when we arrived so were expected to use the room next door! Reception and bar area was tiny and absolutely boiling hot and far too uncomfortable to enjoy breakfast. Potentially good if you are a solo traveler and want to meet people but otherwise I wouldn't stay here

Clean rooms. Great atmosphere with activities planned each night. Although loud in the rooms until after midnight if you don't want to participate. Close to bars and cafes but not to any of the tourist sights. Rooms were very cold with no blanket provided. Had a shy, power point and personal light.

Wouldn't stay here again. Spent the first night slept against a mouldy wall, to be woken up with a maintenance guy drilling the wall in our room at 9am. Then got swapped rooms but moved into different rooms which I can deal with. But the room I got moved into had one toilet and one shower for 14 people. Upon arrival staff were more interested in the fire safety drill happening outside. Didn't get a smile or a welcome, it was asif we was a burden. if I could write more I could easily carry on

• 14th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great location, booked it based on staying in their hostels. Disappointing compared to their other hostels. Staff were rude and u helpful. Booked an 8 bed dorm and we were put into a dorm with 14 people. There was a bathroom and shower in the room, but not enough for a group of 14. Great location, and very clean.

the internet WIFI drops out constantly. The customer service when I first walk into the door was not good. I was asked to pay a lot more and then i explain with hostelworld, I had paid a deposit. I had to ask for a map and ask simple questions in regards to tours.

Amazing hostel with a great atmosphere. The staff go above and beyond to make you feel and are always willing to help. Good drinks promotions and tours are organised by the hostel. Would def recommend.

Great hostel with great vibe, friendly staff and affordable prices!

Highly recommend going to any of the 'Backpacker' chain in Vietnam. Managers work hard to give you the best advise, fod was reasonably priced and good! Staff all speak English and want to help. Good AC, although mattress' aren't very wide. Atmosphere is live from 5 (especially when it's free beer 5-6). Noise doesn't reach 2nd or 3rd floor. Go there to party and socialise, but also relax in the heat of Hue. Go to Brown Eyes night club - house music (we're all sick of the music played out here!)

Pretty social party hostel, with a bar feel throughout, it's always time for a drink, the food was good here, a nice change from the fried eggs and baguette! Bathrooms in the dorms are pokey an small, an the hostel can be noisy late into the night, But it's a great place to meet travellers an make friends an party in hue, the English staff are helpful and honest about tours an activities

Comfiest beds and pillows ever! Good central spot lots of atmosphere

Incredible Hostel to get to meet and gather with people. Staff is very friendly and participating and the atmosphere is awesome. I just don't feel the bathrooms inside the rooms, though. I think it's the only thing I would be concerned about.

Cool hostel. Good party vibe. Staff picked us up from where the bus dropped us off which was really cool and helpful! Good tours but a bit expensive to book from the hostel.

Perfect location for waking to see the historic sights and well as all of the nightlife. The staff with help you with anything and cheep food and alcohol helps make a great atmosphere in the chill out area downstairs.