Hue Backpackers Hostel Reviews

10 Pham Ngu Lao St, Hue, Vietnam

Great location central to the tourist area. Lots of options for tours, also transfers on to Hoi An or Phong Nha.

Really enjoyed my stay here, excellent bar and relaxing areas on the deck. Staff were amazing! Only issue I had was that the locker under my bed had a pretty flimsy lock, if I had pulled the handle with a bit of force it would have broke the lock..didnt make my stuff feel too secure, but not really an issue. Had a great stay, will definitely be back!

Although Hue Backpackers is more of a party hostel, everyone will get their sleep because the bar closes down at 10. There are still many places nearby. I really enjoyed my time there and had a good time. The staff is really very helpful and for sure someone is always there to help you. Although 10 bed dorm might seem quite big, especially with only one bathroom it worked surprisingly well. And the balcony is really the best place to recover from the overnight bus or the last party.

Hostel staff were friendly, funny, and helpful. 10 bed female dorm was a little cramped, and at times there was a queue for the single ensuite, but each bed had large lockable storage, a light and a power point. Overall the hostel is clean and well run, and is a great place to meet other travelers. The location is convenient, but touristy, so be prepared, however, to be harassed by vendors, motorbike drivers, and restaurant personnel as you walk down the street the hostel is on.

Love hanoi backpackers but this One in hue is just disappointing. Ten bed dorm turns out to be 12 bed dorm with only One toilet and shower, way to many beds in a tiny room, way to expensive for hue where you can easily find cheaper Hotels with better quality

BEWARE OF BEDBUGS. Though the staff were friendly, I along with 4 other girls had bed bugs from this place. Apparently it's been a problem before but when I informed the staff they just changed my sheets, gave me a new bed and put a new person in my bug infested bed! Not worth the hassle... Stay somewhere else!

Absolutely a blast. But: BED BUGS! Best atmosphere in VIetnam, except maybe their sister hostels in Hanoi. Staff was very nice and very fun. Breakfast wasn't great, eggs and bread. HUGE lockers fit all your stuff. One roommate woke up covered in bites, soon after (without complaining) they said they were moving her to another room and changed her sheets before putting another traveller in her bed. In the middle of the night while packing I saw a horde of bed bugs scurry away when I used my light

One of the best hostels I have ever stay, if we come back, for sure we will stay again. Since you stared booking , even you get problem during trip in Hanoi, or other places, write them emails, they try best to help you. And emails replied always with in few hours. Very helpful and friendly!

ReLly friendly place and helped us out when we got scammed by camel travel.

Nice hostel but noisy bar on the ground level where they do nothing else than get you drunk. Easy to meet fellow travellers though.

Hue Backpackers seems to be the place all the backpackers stay and as such it has a great lively atmosphere where you can meet other travellers (and lethal 2 for 1 cocktails during Happy Hour). The staff all spoke very good English. Only downside was that the breakfast options were a bit boring but otherwise a great place to stay.

Really nice hostel, it is abit of a party place but the balconies make a nice chilled place to hang out and meet people.

Amazing hostel. Lockers to well designed. Stafff friendly and helpful in booking onward transport and gave lots of info for hostels in the next couple of cities. Food was great. Evening activities fun.

Great location, near all of the sights, night spots and many delicious local restaurants. Short walk across the river to the Citadel. Friendly staff, clean rooms, great balconies on each floor.

Very good hostel! pros = breakfast, very laid back atmosphere and chilling out on the balcony. Excellent place to meet fellow backpackers. cons = DMZ tour I would not recommend because its mostly sitting in a bus.

Definitely a great place to party and meet people! Not for the faint of liver.

Everything was pretty good , with one exception - the wifi is horrible.

Small dorms with hard beds, lockers for every bed with no own light, facilities average. Hostel owner a little annoying when offering you trips. Place is hard to find, but a short walk into city center.

I loved my stay at Hue Backpackers, even though it was only one night! The dorm was clean and comfortable, the staff were all lovely and it was a pretty good location-the main tourist attractions were well within walking distance. All in all a very pleasant stay!

A great place with much life, atmosphere and lovely staff (for example Lan).