Hue Backpackers Hostel Reviews

10 Pham Ngu Lao St, Hue, Vietnam

Was a great stay here, staff all very friendly and we were taken to a lovely restaurant where I ate some of the best Vietnamese food! Lots of free alcohol and something happening every night. Lockers in the rooms are huge so you can fit your backpack in it. Free breakfast is excellent

Great social atmosphere! Events are hosted every night, perfect to meet other travelers. Rooms are clean with each bed having it's own plug, light, and locker. Staff are friendly and helpful. Breakfast is great with 3 different options.

I have no comment especially.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here, The staff are wonderful and so is the atmosphere, Stay here if you want to meet people and party, Hostel food is yummy! There is very little to do in Hue so it was really nice to spend a lot of time in a good hostel!

Great hostel if you want to stay and hangout at. Has a cute bar with cheap food and great drinks. Nice atmosphere. Bathrooms were a bit small and smelly but that's minor. We did do a tour from the hostel which was the city of hue tour. We paid $10 for the tour then got on the bus and were told that the price didnt include any of the entrance fees. So we each at to pay another $15(US). It cost is $25 for a half day no lunch. Way to much money, felted scammed.

• 13th Dec 2014

Great place to stay. stayed in 8bed female dorm. clean and tidy. great atmosphere. good breakfast included. staff are brilliant. would deffo recommend and stay again

Good location, close to the citadel. Staff are friendly. Only criticism is that we were in a room of 10 girls with only one toilet/shower room which was annoying. Other than that good hostel!

Coming from backpacker downtown in hanoi, another hostel by the same company, I expected a similar vibe. I didn't enjoy my stay here as much as downtown. it didn't seem as social (maybe that was just me)

Overall decent hostel. Comfortable beds and good size lockers underneath beds but bathrooms are kinda filthy and cramped. Nice atmosphere with good staff and a great place to meet other backpackers this is definitely a party hostel.

This hostel is loads of fun, and it Isn't noisy at night! the bar downstairs has activities basically every night so it's really easy I socialize and meet new people. the breakfast is also nice. the biggest downside is that there is an 8 person dorm with one bathroom, that has a shower head over the floor next to the toilet. I thought it wa pretty bad, but still we're in Vietnam, so toilet issues are to be expected...

Had a good time here, as others have said it is good for meeting people. The dorm we were on was decent in most respects but the 'ensuite' shower room really felt like a cupboard, and not a big cupboard at that. Staff were all generally sound to us although couple of people behind the bar weren't particularly good (e.g. Q: 'please could we have some cheese on our nachos? At the moment they are just a pile of crisps.' A: 'that will cost you extra'). Overall had a good stay here though.

Good hostel, nice food, clean

I booked a ladies-only dormroom. The second night there turned out to be 4 guys in my room, who invited 3 girls in their beds. So far for a normal night of sleep, but mostly, I did not appriciate the naked guy that walked into the shower. I booked a ladies room to prefend seeing naked guys, but the hostel probably did not care about any of that.

• 15th Nov 2014

Lovely hostel and great place to meet people. We had a double room which was clean and had a good shower. The bar at night is great fun.

Typical backpackers so if you're looking for a quiet night then maybe not for you. However the bar does close at 11pm so it's not to bad. Close to attractions and resturants.

Had a perfect stay here! Loved the activities and happy hours in the evening. The female dorm was a bit crowded, I stayed at a mixed 10 bed dorm aswell and that one was way more spacious and had the toilet and shower seperated.

Stayed in dorm room for 3 nights. The dorm was quite small and cramped, but was adequate. Bar downstairs had good drinks offers, and closes at 11pm if you're looking for an early night. Breakfast included in price was ok.

Dirtier than most places

Perfect place to have fun and meet people. Great breakfast Clean bathroom Fast services Very nice rooms with lockers under the beds. Very much recommended!

Perfect for an overnight between Hanoi and Hoi An. Even though I liked the backpackers hostel in Hanoi more, nothing to complain! Don't stay too long in Hue though!