Hue Backpackers Hostel Reviews

10 Pham Ngu Lao St, Hue, Vietnam

Good hostel, good food and location. We enjoyed our stay, thank you.

Serviceminded and helpful staff.

• 27th Nov 2013
  • Denmark
  • Couple, 41+

I thought the hostel was a very good place to socialise - it's also very pretty with a large covered veranda. However staying in the 10 bed dorm wasn't great - lots of noise from people getting up/ going to bed at different times so don't expect to sleep! Plus only one shower for 10 girls is a challenge! Friends found double rooms for the same price as one dorm bed so its not the cheapest option for the area - if you don't stay here at least come for happy hour!

Stayed here for two nights, really lovely hostel. Clean, everyything you need is there. The common area is a nice place to be in and meet people. Good menu, nice helpfull staff. Great hostel!

I only stayed here one night, and happy I did. This backpackers dorm was not as clean as Hanoi backpackers. The female dorm was a bit cramped and I wasn't a fan of the staff. They were slow or didnt acknowledge you when trying to order a drink, and not understanding. After I told them I booked my own transportation. They insisted I didnt and that I was wrong. The only good thing was the open bus tour dropped us right off

Slow wifi, rude staff, worts breakfast in sea and not so clean toilets :(( Good location and vibe, specially for solo travellers!

I've rated facilities as average due to their appalling WiFi. Sometimes works, then doesn't for long periods; rarely if ever works in the dorm; dropouts when you need to send/view something. C'mon guys, sort it out, it's the worst I've ever experienced. I gave up and either hooked up to hotel next door or went down to the DMZ. Setting up static IP helps on iPhone Good set up in the dorms though, lockers and mini-lockers with plugs near beds. Hot showers etc. Not noisy either, good atmosphere.

Well located hostel near to bars and restuarants. Dorm was basic but clean and comfortable. Sociable area downstairs and on the balconies.

The hostel in Hanoi is much better quality in terms of bathrooms and facilities, but both are great places to stay. They have similar menus and drink specials. Great staff and they help you easily book further adventures. Highly recommend this place for younger travelers.

Cheap place near bars and restaurants; rooms are small but ok, bathroom and toilet not that amazing but overall a nice place to meet other travellers hoping they dont puke all weekend in the dorm or fall asleep in the toilet.....!

All staff were pleasant and took the time time to talk to people. Had everything you needed with a clean room, shower and lockers. The bar the hostel has is a great feature as it attracts other backpackers in the area

I slept here 2 nights. It was fine for an hostel, the only thing i would change is to make sure there is a seperate toilet instead placing this in the shower. When you are with 10 girls in one room it can be crowded :) further is was a fun place, meet lots of people in the bar and have fun

Very friendly hostel with lovely balconies on each level which are nice to sit out on. Each bed in the dorm also had a small locker by it (in addition to big lockers for the remained of your kit) which were ideal for charging your devices while you are out of the dorm.

Very good hostel with the right atmosphere. 6 bedrooms are a little bit small. Good bar to meet others.

Really good hostel, stayed for 2 nights. Staff are friendly and helpful. Booked the top gear challenge through them which was incredible!! Definitely recommend it!! Great location, lots of bars and restaurants nearby. Would go back!

Really nice place, one of the best places we stayed in Vietnam

Great location, helpful staff and daily happy hours make this place the best option to stay at in Hue. It is a party hostel, so it is easy to meet new people and to have a good time at the daily night events. Would defenetly stay there again!

They sent me direktly into the typhoon and did not warn me about it at all. i am really pissed

I liked this hostel. It had locked cabinets under each bed and a nice deck with lounge chairs. It also offered free breakfast which wasn't a buffet (though on occasion I do love buffets). Also, I had a wonderful experience with the staff. They were super helpful and I was able to rent a motorbike at the front desk. There was also a tour from Hue to Hoi An that I randomly attached to on the motorbike and it was awesome! No complaints!

Hue Backpackers is right at where the Open Bus Tour buses stop, and is cheap, friendly, social and close the Citadel and the Imperial City of Hué, the nightmarket as well bars. The bar at Hué Backpackers is so social and perfect to meet other travellers, without being too noisy for the dorms upstairs.