Hue Backpackers Hostel Reviews

10 Pham Ngu Lao St, Hue, Vietnam

Personal lockers would be nice. Also, maybe restricting noisy activities to the first floor after a certain time. There were some very loud people drinking outside my window until late.

Witnessed the staff not changing the sheets after a person checked out, merely straightened them up from the last person instead!!

Staff at reception was far from friendly. Seemed rather annoyed when I checked in and had questions (thought it was just me but spoke to travelers that had same experience). English was sometimes difficult at tour desk what I didn't understand as bar staff spoke perfect English. The location was good but due to unfriendly and unhelpfull receptionstaff (bar staff nice) I am not sure if I would stay here again. There are quiet a few other hostels around so I guess I would not go back.

Bar first, hostel second: ideal for 18 year old boys. In the 8 bed dorm, bathroom small with both toilet and shower in it. Slept fine but could use the electricity socket to charge my phone as it's location was close to the bed frame and my adaptor is quite substantial. There is a limited free breakfast option for guests - otherwise a more extensive menu you can pay extra for. Staff on front desk were friendly enough but the guy tending the breakfast bar needs some customer service training.

Below average hostel. 10 bed dorm room with one bathroom where the roof had fallen in when we arrived so were expected to use the room next door! Reception and bar area was tiny and absolutely boiling hot and far too uncomfortable to enjoy breakfast. Potentially good if you are a solo traveler and want to meet people but otherwise I wouldn't stay here

Clean rooms. Great atmosphere with activities planned each night. Although loud in the rooms until after midnight if you don't want to participate. Close to bars and cafes but not to any of the tourist sights. Rooms were very cold with no blanket provided. Had a shy, power point and personal light.

Great Place to stay. Good to meet new People!

• 15th May 2015

Wouldn't stay here again. Spent the first night slept against a mouldy wall, to be woken up with a maintenance guy drilling the wall in our room at 9am. Then got swapped rooms but moved into different rooms which I can deal with. But the room I got moved into had one toilet and one shower for 14 people. Upon arrival staff were more interested in the fire safety drill happening outside. Didn't get a smile or a welcome, it was asif we was a burden. if I could write more I could easily carry on

• 14th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great location, booked it based on staying in their hostels. Disappointing compared to their other hostels. Staff were rude and u helpful. Booked an 8 bed dorm and we were put into a dorm with 14 people. There was a bathroom and shower in the room, but not enough for a group of 14. Great location, and very clean.

Hostel im Touristenviertel gelegen. Der Dorm war sehr dunkel und das Badezimmer war durch Wasser, was aus Wänden und Waschbecken tropfte immer nass und roch etwas schimmelig. Atmosphäre ist sehr gut, um bei einem Bier neue Leute kennenzulernen

the internet WIFI drops out constantly. The customer service when I first walk into the door was not good. I was asked to pay a lot more and then i explain with hostelworld, I had paid a deposit. I had to ask for a map and ask simple questions in regards to tours.

Great hostel with great vibe, friendly staff and affordable prices!

Highly recommend going to any of the 'Backpacker' chain in Vietnam. Managers work hard to give you the best advise, fod was reasonably priced and good! Staff all speak English and want to help. Good AC, although mattress' aren't very wide. Atmosphere is live from 5 (especially when it's free beer 5-6). Noise doesn't reach 2nd or 3rd floor. Go there to party and socialise, but also relax in the heat of Hue. Go to Brown Eyes night club - house music (we're all sick of the music played out here!)

Pretty social party hostel, with a bar feel throughout, it's always time for a drink, the food was good here, a nice change from the fried eggs and baguette! Bathrooms in the dorms are pokey an small, an the hostel can be noisy late into the night, But it's a great place to meet travellers an make friends an party in hue, the English staff are helpful and honest about tours an activities

L'ambiance est très bien! Événement tous les soirs avec bières gratuites ! Déjeuner gratuit tous les jours. Ils organisent une visite à un orphelinat tous les dimanches, ce qui est très bien. Par conte les dorm sont tres sombres, pas dutout éclairés, manque de lumière. Salle de bain tres petite pour un dorm a 10 personnes et plus ou moins propres.

Comfiest beds and pillows ever! Good central spot lots of atmosphere

Incredible Hostel to get to meet and gather with people. Staff is very friendly and participating and the atmosphere is awesome. I just don't feel the bathrooms inside the rooms, though. I think it's the only thing I would be concerned about.

• 30th Apr 2015

Perfect location for waking to see the historic sights and well as all of the nightlife. The staff with help you with anything and cheep food and alcohol helps make a great atmosphere in the chill out area downstairs.

The burger was nice

I like the hostel well enough, comfortable. It's a lot of beds in a small area though so it can get quite loud, especially since it's a very sociable hostel. I wouldn't quite call it a party hostel but definitely not a quiet one either. Had some trouble with staffing and tracking a bike I returned but they couldn't locate. They made up for it tho when I left a sarong in hostel when i left but they were kind enough to forward it to my next hostel, free of charge. Thanks!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4