Hue Backpackers Hostel Reviews

10 Pham Ngu Lao St, Hue, Vietnam

Vietnamese staff seem to be suffering from burn-out and make sarcastic remarks in poor English which they then seem to find amusing among themselves. This one Australian guy named Loki does a good job tho. Patrons are mostly U.S. jocks and cheerleader types. Average age and IQ: 22. There's no banana fried in the banana pancake, no pizza during pizza happy hour, no fresh air in the dorm. Quiz was pretty neat thanks to Loki, the young Ozzie who perhaps makes your stay worthwhile. Bicycle rental ok

Nice place with a cool pubquiz

War im Hostel in Hanoi und bin darauf hin hier eingecheckt. Sehr gutes Hostel, gefällt mir sogar besser als in Hanoi. Mitarbeiter sind unglaublich freundlich und die Zimmer sind toll. Würde jederzeit wieder kommen!

Meant to stay two nights ended up staying four! The team there were really friendly and had loads on to get every one partying!

A bit loud at night, but it's great fun. The only things I didn't like was that my dorm door was always open, it was a bit difficult to open my locker because it was too close to the other beds and we had one bathroom for 10 girls. Bastante ruido de noche, pero gran ambiente. La puerta de mi dorm estaba siempre abierta, el locker no se podia abrir bien porque chocaba con la cama de al lado y teniamos un solo baño para 10 chicas. Pero un hostel muy divertido!

Stayed here for two nights and we enjoyed it. Bar staff definitely wants to help everyone have a good time and gave us free drinks for playing Jenga. The food at the bar is overpriced, but there is a banh mi lady who sets up across the street each night and sells sandwiches for a dollar!

Very nice staff, outstandingly competent when it comes to English. The Dorm rooms offer very good bunk beds and enough space to store the biggest backpack. Daily events guarantee a lot of fun in the bar. This place made my stay in Hue so much better.

• 8th Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

nice hostel. good location. it is a little expansive compared to other hostels, but it is also in a touristy city.

Great social atmosphere! Events are hosted every night, perfect to meet other travelers. Rooms are clean with each bed having it's own plug, light, and locker. Staff are friendly and helpful. Breakfast is great with 3 different options.

I have no comment especially.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here, The staff are wonderful and so is the atmosphere, Stay here if you want to meet people and party, Hostel food is yummy! There is very little to do in Hue so it was really nice to spend a lot of time in a good hostel!

Great hostel if you want to stay and hangout at. Has a cute bar with cheap food and great drinks. Nice atmosphere. Bathrooms were a bit small and smelly but that's minor. We did do a tour from the hostel which was the city of hue tour. We paid $10 for the tour then got on the bus and were told that the price didnt include any of the entrance fees. So we each at to pay another $15(US). It cost is $25 for a half day no lunch. Way to much money, felted scammed.

• 13th Dec 2014

Great place to stay. stayed in 8bed female dorm. clean and tidy. great atmosphere. good breakfast included. staff are brilliant. would deffo recommend and stay again

Good location, close to the citadel. Staff are friendly. Only criticism is that we were in a room of 10 girls with only one toilet/shower room which was annoying. Other than that good hostel!

Coming from backpacker downtown in hanoi, another hostel by the same company, I expected a similar vibe. I didn't enjoy my stay here as much as downtown. it didn't seem as social (maybe that was just me)

Overall decent hostel. Comfortable beds and good size lockers underneath beds but bathrooms are kinda filthy and cramped. Nice atmosphere with good staff and a great place to meet other backpackers this is definitely a party hostel.

This hostel is loads of fun, and it Isn't noisy at night! the bar downstairs has activities basically every night so it's really easy I socialize and meet new people. the breakfast is also nice. the biggest downside is that there is an 8 person dorm with one bathroom, that has a shower head over the floor next to the toilet. I thought it wa pretty bad, but still we're in Vietnam, so toilet issues are to be expected...

Had a good time here, as others have said it is good for meeting people. The dorm we were on was decent in most respects but the 'ensuite' shower room really felt like a cupboard, and not a big cupboard at that. Staff were all generally sound to us although couple of people behind the bar weren't particularly good (e.g. Q: 'please could we have some cheese on our nachos? At the moment they are just a pile of crisps.' A: 'that will cost you extra'). Overall had a good stay here though.

Good hostel, nice food, clean

I booked a ladies-only dormroom. The second night there turned out to be 4 guys in my room, who invited 3 girls in their beds. So far for a normal night of sleep, but mostly, I did not appriciate the naked guy that walked into the shower. I booked a ladies room to prefend seeing naked guys, but the hostel probably did not care about any of that.

• 15th Nov 2014