Hump Backpackers Reviews

40 Darlinghurst Road, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

Staff are friendly and make sure there is something on every night, however bathrooms were gross, and two showers out of use so if you choose the wrong time to shower you wait ages. Our room was really cramped, but we had a sink and the beds were clean. Needs a bit of upkeep but it's a cheap hostel so you get what you pay for! Free breakfast, location and wifi make up for the downfalls.

i really enjoyed my stay @ humpbackpackers. before we entered the hostel a guy walked along the street and told us that this hostel is amazing and we made the best decision to stay here while our trip! now i'm gone and i can definitely recommend it to everyone!!!

Of all the hostels I've stayed at around Australia, hump backpackers has definitely been my favourite! The staff at hump backpackers are what really made our stay great! They were efficient, friendly and fun. The staff would do their best to help you out with any issue, making you feel welcome. There was always events happening like great deals in bars around the city, karaoke or movie night, but there's no pressure, you can stay in and sleep should you want to. Even the Internet works!

• 30th Jul 2015

Highly recommended for value and location, amazing staff with something new going on every day. Many places in Sydney are way too pricey for comfort, security and space however this place will suit all travelers any age. Thanks Hump!!

• 17th Jul 2015

TV room was nice(bit cold and dirty but huge). And u can get 1 free drink at world bar.

It's cheap so I did not expect much. When I arrived, the bed was not made. Thankfully someone from staff gave me a different room and upgraded it. Beds are quite noisy and the pillows are not great. It seems like the staff tries to keep it clean, but it did not feel clean at all. Atmosphere was not great, it was either too crowded or nobody was there. It was an okay experience for the price, but when I go back I'll try a different hostel.

There are too many long term residents in the hostel to which you feel as if you are sort of gate crashing someones house, there is very much a clique atmosphere. The hostel it's self has nice staff and provides a free airport pick-up which saves you $14. There were some strange things like residents vacuuming in the rooms at 6am, also some drug use which is expected in Kings Cross. Come here if you're looking for a party, otherwise pick a place closer to the city centre.

Good atmosphere, always something to do. Cleanest hostel we stayed in. Highly recommend to everyone looking for a great hostel.

I loved this hostel, I was concerned about the cleanliness after reviews about this but I had no problem with this,maybe just give the rooms a deep clean once a week under beds etc but I found the rooms very comfy and clean, they were hoovered everyday,loved that there was a sink in the room. Big locker (use your lock), the kitchen nice and big, the common rooms were great as you can watch films in one and drink in another. I saved a lot of money doing the hostel events,free drinks most nights:)

The girl at the reception was really kind. Free breakfast in the morning was ok. Had to wait a a long time for the free pancake on sunday. Unlimited wifi. Doors were slamming loudly. Area of Kings Cross was ok. Would stay there again

Well run hostel in a fairly central location, walking distance to Sydney harbour, botanic gardens, city etc. Big lockers to fit all your stuff in. Great communal areas and a good sized kitchen (although it does get very busy at dinner time). The place is kept clean. The only downside we experienced were some of the other guests, 99% were nice but there were a few that made our stay uncomfortable at times.

Kitchen was well-equipped if a little cramped. Bathrooms/showers weren't in the best shape but were fine. Atmosphere was nice, lots going on and very helpful staff. Free shuttle from the airport was a great help!

Great hostel with amazing staff! I booked "wrong" so when I arrived in the middle of the Night there was actually no bed booked for me (my fault) and they woke every manager up to find me a place to sleep so I didn't have to sleep on the street! They have free breakfast every morning, delicious free pancakes every sunday, free wifi and tons of other great activities! If I ever come back to Sydney I'm definitely goingback here

The bathrooms were beyond filthy. Even for hostel standards. Staff were either stoned or uninterested and lethargic. No signs or enforcement of any quiet time frames in the bed rooms. Spend the extra 5 bucks and stay at Wake up

• 4th Apr 2015

Alot of people have been here long term as they work in Sydney so i found the place very "clicky" most people have their groups of friends and aren't as social as other hostels I've stayed in. Also wifi is poor and the kitchen wasn't the biggest or cleanest.

The kitchen is small They living room is small

Everything you want in a hostel, the Best in Kings Cross. Great staff, ET the receptionist was fantastic, very helpful and informative. Perfect location, 1 min from the train station. Lots of activities and entertainment. $1 burritos for dinner and the free breakfast was pretty good too. Would recommend this place to everyone. Clean rooms and the tidiest I have seen in my travels. The large lockers in the room were great. Free wifi and washing facilities perfect.

We had a lot of fun at the hostel, the only bad point was the cleanliness... The bathrooms were really dirty! If you could improve that, the hostel would be an awesome place to stay!

Free breakfast very handy with a good choice of toast toppings. Hostel needs refurbishment and better cleaning facilities. The staff are very nice.