Hump Backpackers Reviews

40 Darlinghurst Road, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

Love hump, the staff were great, atmosphere very friendly, really felt at home here :)

• 28th Jan 2016

it was a nice hostel, but it wasn't clean at all! And the kitchen was dirty all the time, and people we're really bad at cleaning up after them (that's not the hostels fault). Also everything were really trashy and in bad shape (furniture, kitchen equipment etc). Location is very nice, in a very vibrant area, and not far from Hyde Park and the Botanic Gardens!

The staff In this hostel is amazing. Location is good and there are everything you need around. Free breakfast and wifi are a big plus. Events and loads of fun every night! I would recommend the 4 Bed dorms though especially in summer as there is no aircon in the rooms.

This place is your typical party hostel. It's probably a good place to go crazy but not ideal if you want to sleep. He facilities are not very clean but that's to be expected.

I loved hump and miss it already! Very social hostel, they're always organising events. There are a lot of long termers but they aren't in cliques, so it's fine if you're a lone traveler. Only downside is rooms get a bit hot, but there are fans. Don't hesitate to come to Hump! You won't regret it.

This hostel is at a really good location, not far from Central, an easy walk to the Opera House and Darling Harbour. The stay were very helpful and friendly. It was quite clean, and was homey. Everyone talks to eachother, you don't feel left out and there are always fun events going on so you can meet people and have fun! In all I would recommend this hostel, I had a very good experience! Thank you Humpback Backpackers!

• 5th Jan 2016

Lovely staff and great atmosphere!! Central to the cross, and therefore the city!

A good location but staff were unfriendly and guests were inconsiderate when coming back from a night out. If you want to spend your time in Sydney partying then this is the place, if not, go somewhere else!

What I loved about Hump is how it brought people together. Every day there are events that anyone can partake in -- excellent for solo travelers such as myself! The place was clean, the staff was lovely, and I really enjoyed my stay here. :)

Humpbackers made my stay memorable..with amazing atmosphere and welcoming feeling. Highly recommended!

• 22nd Dec 2015

Great hostel! Friendly, fun vibe - always something fun to do. Great location too! Going back next month as enjoyed it so much!

I have stayed so meany hostels during my Australian trip (special in sydney) but one of them haven't feel so mutch home than hump backpackers. Everyday there is something going on: partys, free bbq, movie night etc. Amazing, friendly, helpful staff, just love them! It was easy to get friends with everyone and I had that feeling I'm part of big family. I just love this hostel and I 'll highly recommend it to everyone!

• 18th Dec 2015
  • Finland

Our group of 3 stayed at Hump for roughly a 5 week period leading up to and covering Christmas and I'm pleased to say this was the best decision we made. The hostel has an extremely tight-knit community of people who work but are still open to accepting in new travellers. The staff (both management and events) are second to none and are all approachable and friendly. Facilities wise the blue room makes the place, everyone gathers for pre drinks and socialises. Overall hugely recommended.

I only booked a week but I wanted to stay for longer so I booked an extra week. The atmosphere is insane, the staff are so chill, they even come out partying with the travellers! I came to Australia on my own and I honestly don't think I could have made a better start to my travels than booking this hostel! So sociable, always something going on. Even a free bbq on a Friday which is insane... And pancakes on Sunday morning! Highly recommend!!

• 1st Dec 2015

Love this hostel as I stayed here for a few months when I first arrived in Australia! Such a homely atmosphere and everyone becomes a little family which is what you want when your on the other side of the world! Friendly helpful staff (we love you ET :)) new facilities in the hostel too adding extra character which I was pleased to see when I visited recently again! You also get a TV room, the blue room to drink, and a courtyard to chill! Go to hump if you want a family for life ❤️

• 27th Nov 2015

When I first arrived to check in, the reception was closed earlier than they advertised. After contacting the after hours line, I went to check in. I emailed earlier in the week and let them know that I would be checking in a day later than expected and they said that it would be no problem. When I arrived, they tried to charge me in excess of what was discussed and then proceeded to give me the wrong change. The hostel itself is very dirty and I would NEVER recommend this hostel.

If It wasn't for the helpfulness and niceness of the staff I would have left after the first night. Room was filthy, way too small for 4 people. 5 unisex toilets and showers which were constantly disgusting, even after the cleaner had been in... The fact that there were pubes on the sink, mirrors and walls leads me to believe the cleaner uses same cloth to clean whole bathroom. "No food in rooms" not policed- cockroach issue. Woken up by screaming at 4.30am outside and night team didn't care

• 20th Nov 2015

I absolutely love this hostel! We only booked for a few days initially but we've stayed for the great atmosphere, crazy nights out, awesome staff and wicked Christmas and new year events. Kinda steep pricing over the festive season but they've also put on a lot of events and tolerated a lot of drunken antics so it's been worth it so far. Wouldn't go anywhere else in Sydney! The only thing lacking is decent wifi signal but if you're patient it works eventually. Love you Hump ❤️

Good hostel. But you should think about its location. Kings cross is red light district so that I couldn't feel safe when walking around. Plus, very noisy. If you are party person, this place may fit you but I wasn't. 'Cause bathroom on 4th floor renovation was still not finished, I usually wait in front of the door until someone inside finishes shower. Many working holiday people are staying this place. They often use lab top, iPad etc which need wifi. I occasionally could not access internet.

booked here because it has a great rating, didnt realise kings cross is the red light district and apparently a bit dangerous but never had a problem. it seemed to be the sort of place people lived in, so for me it was hard to speak to people because they already had their own groups who had been living there for months. if you are travelling alone i would not recommend it but if you are working in sydney its a good place to live for the money aspect.