Hump Backpackers

7.7
Very Good 442 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 18-24
13th Apr 2017

Clean, friendly and in a great location. Very easy to meet people, it has a courtyard a tv room and a social room to hang out. Very friendly staff.

• England, Female, 25-30
4th Apr 2017

This place is awesome.. if you are travelling alone or with mates, this place is super friendly. A lot of long termers but you'll find that in any hostel in Sydney but everyone is nice! Just get yourself down to the common rooms and join in on the activities! Nice and clean.

• Finland, Female, 18-24
2nd Apr 2017

I've tried about 10 different hostels in Sydney and Hump is easily the best of them all. The location is great since it's right next to the train station. AWESOME breakfast served every morning from 8 till 11 including fruits, eggs, baked beans and pancakes. Free BBQ every week. Atmosphere is the best thing in here, it's like one big family and everyone is able to become part of it. People who leave this hostel just always end up coming back in here. Would call this place a home!

• England, Couple, 18-24
21st Mar 2017
4.3

kitchen was cleaned every morning but the way it was used during the day left it very dirty and messy by the evening. The majority of the people living in this hostel are long term residents that were very inconsiderate and rude, resulting in us eating in our cramped dorm every night. Rooms were hot, smelt gross and wifi was poor only hostel we've felt we had to shower in our flip flops. bright side was the breakfast included. Located in a dodgy area but only 25 minute walk to centre.

• Kenya, Female, 18-24
11th Mar 2017

I loved my stay here, mainly because of the atmosphere, very homely with really nice staff. I stayed a week and would stay longer. Lots of longtermers but I found them to be really friendly and inclusive. The TV room is such a nice place to snuggle up on a rainy day and its quite big. Great location just across from the station and cleanliness was pretty good. I would recommend it to anyone who stays in Sydney!

• England, Female, 18-24
6th Mar 2017
8.0

Really good free breakfast - so much better than any other free breakfast I've had in a hostel. Good to have lockers in the room. Bathrooms were a little limited but okay. Only there for 2 nights but lots of opportunity to get the rest of your trip booked with lots of cheap travel agents. Hostel also seemed to organise quite a few events like tickets for a rugby match. Overall a good hostel especially if you want a free breakfast!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
27th Feb 2017

Great hostel, amazing staff, organized stuff every night, wifi not bad, kitchen very warm but equipped, tv room nice and big, outdoor deck and blue room are great for making friends, close to a Coles and lots of places to go out to eat, can be hard to find a free toilet especially around supper time, pretty clean, lockers in every room, sink in every room

• England, Female, 18-24
21st Feb 2017
7.4

This hostel is definitely a party hostel, unfortunately when I stayed there was a big clicky group so I only met 2 people when I was there for 5 nights. The street is good if you're looking for a party and I felt safe even if I was walking on my own at night. I would stay here again.

17th Feb 2017
6.0

Prepare yourself for a very yucky environment. One of the dirtiest hostels I've been to yet; I could barely shower. I stayed in a female only room and on my last day a guy walked in with his girlfriend and I'm pretty sure we're both staying in one bed... the only thing I have to say about HUMP that's positive is that I made some amazing friends there and the atmosphere is really cool and social. Fun times, definitely a good place to stay if you wanna have a good time and not be sober say & night

• Chile, Female, 18-24
17th Feb 2017
4.9

Very dirty hostel, the rooms are really dark... it's a party hostel very noisy and the staff make a good atmosphere.