Hump Backpackers Reviews

40 Darlinghurst Road, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

One of the best hostels in kings cross!

• 6th Oct 2015
  • Finland

Staff are friendly and make sure there is something on every night, however bathrooms were gross, and two showers out of use so if you choose the wrong time to shower you wait ages. Our room was really cramped, but we had a sink and the beds were clean. Needs a bit of upkeep but it's a cheap hostel so you get what you pay for! Free breakfast, location and wifi make up for the downfalls.

i really enjoyed my stay @ humpbackpackers. before we entered the hostel a guy walked along the street and told us that this hostel is amazing and we made the best decision to stay here while our trip! now i'm gone and i can definitely recommend it to everyone!!!

Of all the hostels I've stayed at around Australia, hump backpackers has definitely been my favourite! The staff at hump backpackers are what really made our stay great! They were efficient, friendly and fun. The staff would do their best to help you out with any issue, making you feel welcome. There was always events happening like great deals in bars around the city, karaoke or movie night, but there's no pressure, you can stay in and sleep should you want to. Even the Internet works!

• 30th Jul 2015

Highly recommended for value and location, amazing staff with something new going on every day. Many places in Sydney are way too pricey for comfort, security and space however this place will suit all travelers any age. Thanks Hump!!

• 17th Jul 2015

TV room was nice(bit cold and dirty but huge). And u can get 1 free drink at world bar.

I stayed two months at Hump Backpackers this australian winter and I barely have anything negative to say about this place, the staff is friendly and helpful, overall cleanliness is very good compared to what I saw in other places, events going on every day and lovely people to meet, I had a blast there and I definitely recommend it ! It's not just a hostel it's some sort of family when you stay there more than a few days Thumbs up, hump ! Thank you for everything

It's cheap so I did not expect much. When I arrived, the bed was not made. Thankfully someone from staff gave me a different room and upgraded it. Beds are quite noisy and the pillows are not great. It seems like the staff tries to keep it clean, but it did not feel clean at all. Atmosphere was not great, it was either too crowded or nobody was there. It was an okay experience for the price, but when I go back I'll try a different hostel.

There are too many long term residents in the hostel to which you feel as if you are sort of gate crashing someones house, there is very much a clique atmosphere. The hostel it's self has nice staff and provides a free airport pick-up which saves you $14. There were some strange things like residents vacuuming in the rooms at 6am, also some drug use which is expected in Kings Cross. Come here if you're looking for a party, otherwise pick a place closer to the city centre.

Good atmosphere, always something to do. Cleanest hostel we stayed in. Highly recommend to everyone looking for a great hostel.

I loved this hostel, I was concerned about the cleanliness after reviews about this but I had no problem with this,maybe just give the rooms a deep clean once a week under beds etc but I found the rooms very comfy and clean, they were hoovered everyday,loved that there was a sink in the room. Big locker (use your lock), the kitchen nice and big, the common rooms were great as you can watch films in one and drink in another. I saved a lot of money doing the hostel events,free drinks most nights:)