Hump Backpackers Reviews

40 Darlinghurst Road, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

I liked that they had lots of bathrooms, but too many live in tenants. Lots of people in working holiday. A little dirty. But OK for a few nights stay.

Great area for nightlife, but a 45 minute walk to the city centre

The street it is in is a dive. Full of drug addicts, homeless people and prostitutes. Staff were friendly but it just seemed like a worker hostel, and as we were passing through it didn't feel that welcoming. We had the delux room and there was nothing delux about it. Bed was clean but the rooms were so hot and the fan might as well have been turned off. The toilets needed a big clean.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the hostel. Staff were extremely helpful in particular when they accomadated my move to a different room for when my friends arrived There was a homely feel and always something going on. I would say it is a hostel for the younger generation who enjoy going out, however there is a seperate blue room from the common room where you have to go after 10pm which is good if you aren't in the mood for drinking. Great value for money and situated near the train station.

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Wales

I paid for an all female en suite dorm, yet the male 'cleaner' would just walk in every day without knocking!! As did all staff!! Whole place is dated and not that clean (cockroaches around) wouldn't stay again!! Only good thing is amount of activities they put on such as nights out/movie night/free BBQ NO air con either which makes rooms stuff, smelly and hard to sleep in

The hostel is in the heart of Kings Cross so everything you need is close. Staff is really nice and the facilities are excellent. It's clean and the beds are comfortable. And the wifi is the best I've used for a while! And what about the pancakes...they are just amazing. Also there's lots of activities so you won't get bored. I would recommend this hostel to anyone!

Best place I could have stayed for Christmas and new year. Feel so lucky! The staff are the best part of the stay. Hump rules.

Cool hostel and great staff, putting an effort to organising social events over the Christmas Period. Good atmosphere in the hostel, although it's quite clicky because of a lot of long termers crashing there. You can be queueing for toilets during peak times too. Great TV room to chill out in, Blue Room for pre-drinks, and the courtyard areas nice to chill out in.

I've stayed at Hump Backpackers twice. Liked the rooms, although being 'upgraded' from a 12 dorm room to a 4 bed room isn't really an upgrade. 4 bed rooms are waaay smaller. Atmosphere depends on the people, loved it the first time, didn't really like it that much the 2nd time. Breakfast is nice and bathrooms are okay!

The bathrooms are a bit worn down and dirty, but the kitchen, the living room and the dorms are quite alright. The staff is very friendly and helpful! I would stay here again!

not the best

Great staff & really good fun. Free nightly entertainment organised, clean rooms and bathrooms. Would recommend to anybody.

• 23rd Sep 2014

somone vomitted on the wall which is infront of my dorm but it wasn't stink so not a big problem but the thing is , the room key staff gave me was wrong one so i couldn't enter room but luckily i met a guy and he changed it to right one or i had to wait till one of roommates come back :( so please don't make a same mistake again. since your reception time is limited , there's nothing i could do but waiting