Hump Backpackers Reviews

40 Darlinghurst Road, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

I've stayed at Hump Backpackers twice. Liked the rooms, although being 'upgraded' from a 12 dorm room to a 4 bed room isn't really an upgrade. 4 bed rooms are waaay smaller. Atmosphere depends on the people, loved it the first time, didn't really like it that much the 2nd time. Breakfast is nice and bathrooms are okay!

not the best

Great staff & really good fun. Free nightly entertainment organised, clean rooms and bathrooms. Would recommend to anybody.

• 23rd Sep 2014

somone vomitted on the wall which is infront of my dorm but it wasn't stink so not a big problem but the thing is , the room key staff gave me was wrong one so i couldn't enter room but luckily i met a guy and he changed it to right one or i had to wait till one of roommates come back :( so please don't make a same mistake again. since your reception time is limited , there's nothing i could do but waiting

Just spend 1 night so I din't see much but for all I know it was a great place to stay and they help me out with what I could do and where to go the time I had in the city so it was what I was specting

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Chile

Sleeping in there during fridays and saturdays is impossible... to many lights and noise. Bad bathrooms. Good location regarding to walking distance to the main things in Sydney, however the street is full of night clubs so it becomes difficult to sleep. Too many drunk people on the street.

Supernice atmosphere, was upgraded from 12 bed dorm to 4 bed dorm with own bathroom for free! :) that was awesome! It's so cheap and super clean! The staff is very nice and they offer some free stuff. The location is not ideal, the bouncers from the stripclubs around it hit on me all the time walking by, that's annoying. Anyway, starting from 20 bucks, it's worth it. The receptionist was a little late in the morning, which is not cool if you desperately need to leave, but rest was good.

We stayed here for two nights in July. We found the hostel to be dominated by long term residents who made no effort in socialising with any short term guests. This made us feel very uncomfortable. Furthermore we found the young English guy on the reception to be cocky and rude including to his colleagues during our check in. Overall id recommend to spend a bit more $ and stay in a much nicer hostel in Sydney in a better area thats not lined with strip clubs and drug addicts!