Huttonlodge Reviews

No. 17 Jalan Hutton off Penang Road, Penang, Malaysia

strategic location for various must have foods in Penang

Central, yet quiet location. Very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful staff. Basic but satisfactory comfort in room; spacious and clean private bathroom. Breakfast (2 slices of toast, butter, strawberry jam, 1 slice of cake, tea or coffee; no juice, no fruit, no egg, even no lemon for the tea...) could do with some variation if they want guests to stay more than 2 nights. Also, they could make the computer with Internet connection available to hotel guests who came without it.

• 20th Dec 2015
  • Belgium

Nice place to stay. The building has an historical vibe. Good staf, average breakfast, bad internet.

Great location with private parking area. The building is spacious. The accommodations are basic hostel fare. Only drawbacks were lack of screens on the window in the bathroom which encouraged mosquitoes to enter our room. We were also visited by a mouse in the night, attracted to some dessert we had brought back to the room. Lock up any food!

perfect will stay again on next visit.

overall to me, the hostel is nice, only the breakfast was limited (only 2 slices of toast and 1 slice cake). and it will be perfect if the hostel would offer free drinking water.

Overall, my companion and I enjoyed our stay. Located in the periphery of Georgetown, which we didn't mind as we had fun walking around and exploring. Room was pretty small, though bathroom was relatively big. There were not hot water readily available for late-night hunger pangs, though snacks were on sale. Not recommended for light sleepers; the walls were very thin. Our air-conditioning also started and stopped at regular intervals - seemed more like a setting than a technical problem

Thanks for the hospitality!

Nice place to stay with friendly staff... just a lot mosquitoes in the room... take repellent with you! ;)

Need to have better wifi coverage or fastest internet speed

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Very nice lodge, my recommendations

Thank you for giving a nice staying. Especially for a backpacker or an alone tourist, there are lots of benefits about your hotel. One thing, air-conditioner in my room kept dropping tears. I think you should fix it. However, other facilities of yours were much better for the price.

• 17th Dec 2013
  • Japan

Generally a very clean and safe place to stay. The room was basic (no ensuite) but fine. My only minor complaint was that the wifi didnt work some of the time for whatever reason.

Lovely hostel. Book early to avoid disappointment.

Decent hostel, good location and clean. In terms of atmosphere... Not so much.

The hostel has a great location and the staff is extremely nice.

This quiet hostel attracts travelers of all ages. Everything here is done well. Thanks.

Really friendly staff and a good location. A simple free breakfast which was nice. A wide variety of travellers. There's also a little house kitten that is super cute and we loved. Would recommend!

Overall great, only downside was the dodgy wi-fi. Bathroom sandals were not very comfortable and quite dirty.

very kind receptionist let me have early check in at 10am aand looked after bag until then from when I arrived at 8am. Basic breakfast but sufficient.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7