Hyde Park Hostel Reviews

2-4-6 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Also für 2 Tage war es ok. Da ich mich nur zum schlafen dort aufgehalten habe. In meinem Zimmer waren 2 Männer da meinte das sind Obdachlose die gerade von der Straße aufgesammelt worden sind. So hat es auch dann als im Zimmer gerochen. Die Lage war klasse nicht weit von 2 undergroundstation weg und 5 Minuten zu Fuß zum Kensington Palace. Trotz allem würde ich nicht nochmal in dieses Hostel zurück gehen.

Very unpilote and rude staff, i will mever come back to this place and I don't recomend it to anybody. Very unpleasant experience.

• 16th May 2015
  • Spain

Toilet paper, and toilet seats that won't fall down would be a good start. Kitchen and 'tv-room' has no personality. Some colours would make magic. The few available coffee cups are broken. The hostel night worker runs after you if you arrive to hotel 4 am alone on Sunday morning, and offers some 'private toilet and shower & drinks' in exhange to know you better. So low. And pathetic. Location is great though, perfect for morning run in Hyde Park.

There was not enough electric sockets for each bed,the breakfast should have more diversity

I've never been treated more rudely in my life than by the receptionist, when I was checking in. The place is disgusting. They charge you five extra pounds for the "privilege" of using their spotty wifi. There's no air of security. This hostel is only an option if otherwise you'll be sleeping on the streets. Do NOT stay here. There are other hostels even on that block that offer much more amenable and kind accommodations. The Hyde park area is great, but not at this cost.

• 2nd May 2015

Bad service, bad staff, bad wi-fi, and pay towel and separate wi-fi. not recommend.

• 1st May 2015

Worst hostel I've ever been to! Staff is unfriendly, rooms are poorly equipped and in a very bad state. Bathrooms are disgusting and in need of renovation. Never going back there and wouldnt recommend anyone to go! Its just not worth it.

Triple stacked beds. Not very clean and old, air smells of mould. No lockers in rooms to store your stuff. They charge you if you want to leave anything valuable at front desk. A lot of older people and long term guests. No atmosphere. But cheap place to stay.

Icy Welcome... Something you wouldn't expect after having travelled for so long to reach that place. No Wifi, nor locker in the room, little intimacy in the showers, bathrooms are quite OK. Breakfast is not exceptional but would nevertheless fill your stomach.

The hostel is so close to underground and it was okay to stay for 3 days, the receptionist was helpful and the hostel was calm, just do not have high expectations for breakfast.

I am not a fussy traveller by any means, but this hostel was truly one I did not appreciate. Although the location was superb, the staff were quite unfriendly and disinterested in customers and always exasperated when asked for help or advice, the kitchen was always dirty and unhygenic, often the breakfast condiments werre left out without lids in storgae, and the sheet we were given were dirty and damp. I felt quite unsafe with no baggage storage.

It was ok for the price

horrific reception Staff!

At first we were placed in a room with this weird guy, we didn't feel completely safe with, but just after we got in the room, the security guy came and told us that we would get another room by ourself because he wasn't happy with us stay with this weird guy. It was a very nice experience and we felt liked they really cared about our security.

When we arrived at 2:30 in the morning their system was down, so we had to wait around half hour to get the system up again (that can happens I dont blame them for that), finally when we get our room, all the beds were in use and two drank guys sat in "our beds", and they clearly smoked inside, so I asked the staff to change my room and they did, but I had to do the check out at 10 in the morning as that wasnt my booked room (it was 4:00 in the morning by then), at 9:00 someone get into the room

Dirty, you can't check out between 7.30-8am, no sink in toilet for hand washing.

• 27th Feb 2015

Noisy, the building needs smartening up. Good breakfast. Smell of cannabis in hall.

Extremely poor extremely arrogant customer service. I would only stay in a british owned hostel again.

The staff are generally very cold and unfriendly, judgemental and abrupt. I would tell people to go to Seven Sisters Hostel instead, the staff are warm and inviting, not abrupt.

Should get rid of Eastern European cheap labour staff who are very abrupt, rude and barely helpful. The residents are a cross between rough and ready and drunk kids.