Hyde Park Hostel Reviews

2-4-6 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Three words, Don't stay here! If you're desperate for some accomodation, throw a few bricks through a shop window and spend a night in a cell. You might get treated better to be honest.

• 21st Nov 2014

Absolutely horrendous.. couldn't even stay there and I lost most of my money for canceling last minute. NEVER STAY THERE. The staff is not friendly, sheets were thrown at us, the wifi is expensive, the rooms were gross, reception looks like something out of a horror movie...

The hostel is very crappy and old. The pictures are not what the hostel looks like. Their is weird smell in the room. Would not come back here.

The room was dirty and smelled bad, bathroom was even worst.

I was kicked out because I did not have enough cash money to pay the entire amount (I had 100 pounds instead of 130 and that day could not get any other money from the atm). It was 7 pm and asked if it could be possible to pay a part of the money the first day, leaving my document to them to let them sure I would have been back, but the answer was no. I had to go out and search for another accomodation. Rude people and not good hostel atmosphere by the way.

• 30th Oct 2014

Defo won't come back there

the whole hostel was dirty , I booked for a group , the people kinda forgot we were supposed to arrive !! cold water in the showers, half of male showers were out of service in our floor , blankets dirty in the rooms and very unwelcoming people.

• 25th Oct 2014

Rude staff, the bathrooms were really small often without light. The role place was kinda smelly and I got my perfurm stolen. Don't reccomend at all.

Not the greatest hostel, bit scary and run down didn't feel safe

It's very dirty in everywhere! No plugs in the bathroom (nor in the toilets) to shave, except...in the bedroom!

The biggest minus was that our room didn't have any electric socket. Otherwise our stay was pleasant.

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Finland

Rude staff, dirty bathroom and smelly bed.

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Croatia

I can say,when I arrived the reception staff were helpful.But the morning reception were not at all customer aware in fact the one girl was just generally rude. Yes there is a small breakfast in the morning,but brown bread cost the same as white bread,why not have both. The bed was clean,though I got no sleep as there are far to many people in one room,there's coming and going all night long,it never stopped. It a lovely large very old building it just needs to be bought up to fresh,new standard

A homeless with a terrible smell slept on my bedroom and now I am full of bug bed bites!!! Worst experience in a hostel ever.

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Spain

Dirty, slightly smelly and kept up all night with someone snoring but what can you actually expect for the location at the price. Could be so much better though

• 13th Oct 2014

Dirty, dump showers, duvels after previous guest, someone in my bed on my arrival, no pillow cases, bugs in toilets, Wi-Fi not included, better to spend 5 quid more per night than stay in that place. Very cute receptionist though;)

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Poland

By far the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. Absolutely disgusting facilties, mould everywhere, no hot water. Tiny, unstable bunks. Staff unwilling to help. Only 2 of 8 showers worked on one floor with one having tiles off floor and walls, just sitting in the shower stall. Lights in dorms and toilets don't work. Was meant to stay 2 nights, left after the first. Would never recommend this place, very dirty and disgusting!

• 11th Oct 2014

Thw worst hostel I've ever seen.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Spain

everything was satisfactory; had a slight soup kitchen/homeless shelter to it

Rude staff, dirty, expensive