Hyde Park Hostel Reviews

2-4-6 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

2007 Total Reviews

It's pretty dirty in this place. The beds and pillow are fine though. The showers and toilets are free public washroom level and the floor could be cleaner. For a towel I had to pay 5 pounds so bring your own

• 27th Sep 2014

In the duvets there were small bugs and spidders which biten us. In more than in one room the windows couldn't be closed because a wood stick was nailed in it and between the scaffolds, allowing everyone to get in the room at any time of the day. In the bathroom, there was no space to leave the personnal belongings when taking a shower. The staff was very unhelpful, blaming us for leaving the window open. They also couldn't answer to the questions about that!

By the time we arrived and spoke with receptionist, she was just interested in getting the money for the nights without being even able to explain us the amount that she was asking us. In the bedroom, it was impossible to close the window due to the renew that was happening in the front of the building (a wood stick was nailed between the window and the scaffold). So, anyone could get in the room at any time of the day by the window!

This place is truly terrible. Imagine what a stereotypical "bad" hostel looks like from a movie like Eurotrip, and you have a decent idea. It's in a really nice side of town, but its the place where you'd go to get drugs.

• 19th Sep 2014

I was not expecting a good hostel but i was surprised ( the worst way). The bathroom was so dirty, omg.. i hate to remember this place. The room ( 4 bedrooms mixed) was ok, the only problem is that you have only two wall socket. The buildings.

• 18th Sep 2014

Terrible customer service and the place is very dirty, moldy and smelly. It's disgusting. To top it off they want to charge for everything; complimentary features such as storage, a towel, a map or wifi that most other hostels provide for free or include with the overall price.

• 18th Sep 2014

I'm never felt so unsafe in a hostel. I'm seems that people that lives there are homeless

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Showers very dirty No security at all Breakfast ok but too early Noisy roommates...

• 17th Sep 2014

Access to lockers was difficult, access to wifi was difficult, no hooks/ shelves in the bathrooms

• 15th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Betten kaputt (fehlen Schrauben usw..), Matratzen total dreckig, Türen werden nach dem Reinigen vom Personal offen gelassen, extreme Lautstärke, Frühstück katastrophal ( lösslicher Kaffee, 1 Sorte Kellogs, Toastbrot, 1 Sorte Marmelade!!! Interkontinental ,is klar!!!!), Personal unglaublich unfreundlich!!! Sogar der Chef lässt zu, dass der Kunde vom Personal verbal angegriffen wird!!!!! NIE WIEDER!!!!

• 11th Sep 2014

feel not safe

This place is F*#$ing horrendous. Firstly we checked in late (~1:30am), the room we were given only had one available bed (and even that one was dubious i.e. looked like it was in use) . We told reception, and one staff member came through and removed someone else's bed linen and belongings to make room for me. So not only did i have to sleep in a used bed, the person who was keeping in it came through later and woke me up. We told reception the next morning and they couldn't give a f#$%.

very weird place...unhelpful staff, strange room-mates, really warm rooms. only good because cheap but otherwise avoid.

• 24th Aug 2014

Nothing bothered me more than the rude staff in the hyde park hostel. They were ill-mannered, distant, cold and downright disrespectful. Advice to the manager: provide a customer-friendly attitude course for your staff as soon as possible. Very average accommodation but that's what you get for paying an average price (so I have no complaints there) The location was ideal for the purpose of my trip: the nottinghill carnaval. The bedlinen was clean. I am very satisfied with hostelworld.com!

• 24th Aug 2014

Hyde Park Hostel is without any doubt the worst hostel I have ever been in my life. The only good thing about it was the location but I personally think that I prefer staying in a place further the most important things in London rather than staying this hostel. The room was very small (looked exactly like a prison cell), the bathrooms were very old and dirty and the showers were just disgusting. Even though it´s a cheap place I would never recommend it to anyone. Nuria

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Spain

Enjoy the times i stayed. Good value and overall satisfied.

The Location is pretty decent as it is next to Hyde Park and QUeensway is close however the service, facilities and Cleanliness is poor... But if you stay just 1-2 nigths it's fine.

Absolutely disgusting, the number of toilets were inadequate for the amount of people in the room (21 bed dorm and 1 toilet). The shower room was putrid, tiles had come off walls and smashed inside the cubicle, shower head fitting was faulty and squirted water in all directions. No kitchen, poorly signed. Poor cleanliness of breakfast room. Convinient location, short walk to paddington station and opposite Hyde park. Personally I would look for somewhere else, luckily only there for 1 night.

• 15th Aug 2014

Overall is good, near bus stop and underground. Plug is limited.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

No lokers in the dorms, all the hooks in the toilets and showers are broken, there are just few showers each floor for too many people that's why are always dirty. If you need a dish or a fork to eat your dinner you have to ask at the reception. When I asked for a fork they found the Only one left after 2minutes, and it was a plastic one. Second day when arrivedin the evening I found my bed have been given to somebody else, at the reception they just told me to take one free bed if one free.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6