Hyde Park Hostel Reviews

2-4-6 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

1935 Total Reviews

this hostel is easy going

While I was there, a costumer's laptop was robbed in my room. This is the first Hostel I've been in Europe that don't have a locker inside the rooms for the costumers. If you want to keep something safe you'll have to pay 2 pounds per day at the reception. The room for 18 people is the same size as my single room in Brazil. It's so small that it needs a triple bed and we need to climb around 3 meters to sleep. We stayed at the ground floor in the summer and the warm inside the room was awful.

• 18th Jul 2014

The hostel was very dirty and espacially the showers!!!

• 17th Jul 2014

The staff were terrible I would not stay here again , the beds were small and uncomfortable and the people staying there would sit around and didn't seem to interact with each other

Totally unsafe. Filthy & unfriendly.

Average Hostel but very well located

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! This is the most vile place I've ever been We actually caught the cleaner with the mop in the toilet bowl flushing the toilet on it (vomits) THATS REVOLTING! Rude staff £25 per night for indented beds which you make urself No wifi Basically no power points! Lucky for the hot bits in ur shower which is also disgusting This place is not for travellers, as all u really want is a shower, bed, wifi, and to charge ur phone/camera It's not even that close to anywhere!

Best hostel i have stayed in.

The staff was not very attentive and kind of cold. There isn't good shower room and there isn't mirror in any of the toilets. The Wi-fi is only available at a cost.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • China

1) The space from the architectural view is a MESS. Too many stairs and corridors, too less signaling. It was hard finding the bathrooms and the showers. Not to mention that the place is NOT ACCESSIBLE for elderly and disabled people. 2) The staff is incredibly rude. When I asked for help finding the light switch of my room, the person who helped me said I needed to "exercise my brain" (he said it more than one time) and made faces like I was dumb. Little detail: the switch was BEHIND THE BED

• 7th Jul 2014

The room didn't seem to have a light, a couple do Japanese lads had robbed all the sockets in the room and it was like a sauna at night but having the worldy spanish bird on reception more than made up for it. Can you pass my number to her?

• 5th Jul 2014

Possibly the scruffyest hostel I've ever stayed in worldwide! It just had a really funny feeling about the place. No lockers in the rooms. Stayed in a 4 man room which felt like a cell. Wouldn't stay again

Horribly unfriendly and rude staff! Disgusting showers and bathrooms. Not worth your money, spend more and stay somewhere else.

• 4th Jul 2014

Very dirty. Staff unfriendly. Terrible value for your money.

• 4th Jul 2014

Had a great time in there! The staff was really nice and helpful. The hostel is perfeclty located, you're just like 2 min away from the tube and 1 from a bus stop, so its really practical! The only downside was the showers, which are not always clean, but I believe that's more on careless residents than the hostel staff. Anyway, would recommand!

• 3rd Jul 2014

Except for the water, it was fine for the money paid and the conditions. Fair price and nor problems during my stay. If you don't mind the facilities its fine for the price.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Spain

The dorm felt like a prison cell, very dingy and cramped with dark blue blinds that cover each three-storey bunk bed. The shower was cold and dirty. The bed wasn't long enough if you're tall. There was also a poor atmosphere and it was unfriendly.

What can i say,the whole Hostel is so dirty,the duvets( including covers not been washed for ages),the whole environment is a health risk,no security,etc stuffing 21 people in a room etc

• 2nd Jul 2014

The dirtiest and most dilapidated place I ever stayed in. Even when I travelled in India, I never came across showers and bathrooms as filthy and badly maintained as this. It is so bad that no words can explain how bad this hostel is.

Basicly, it is one of the worst hotel I have ever been in Europe. Value for money not adequate. You are charge for everything, locker, wifi at expensive prices. The showers.... dirty and not a single furniture, only 3 tiny hungers... what a place! Breakfast included but not worthy at all....

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6