Hyde Park Hostel Reviews

2-4-6 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

It was ok for the price

horrific reception Staff!

At first we were placed in a room with this weird guy, we didn't feel completely safe with, but just after we got in the room, the security guy came and told us that we would get another room by ourself because he wasn't happy with us stay with this weird guy. It was a very nice experience and we felt liked they really cared about our security.

When we arrived at 2:30 in the morning their system was down, so we had to wait around half hour to get the system up again (that can happens I dont blame them for that), finally when we get our room, all the beds were in use and two drank guys sat in "our beds", and they clearly smoked inside, so I asked the staff to change my room and they did, but I had to do the check out at 10 in the morning as that wasnt my booked room (it was 4:00 in the morning by then), at 9:00 someone get into the room

Dirty, you can't check out between 7.30-8am, no sink in toilet for hand washing.

• 27th Feb 2015

Noisy, the building needs smartening up. Good breakfast. Smell of cannabis in hall.

Extremely poor extremely arrogant customer service. I would only stay in a british owned hostel again.

The staff are generally very cold and unfriendly, judgemental and abrupt. I would tell people to go to Seven Sisters Hostel instead, the staff are warm and inviting, not abrupt.

Should get rid of Eastern European cheap labour staff who are very abrupt, rude and barely helpful. The residents are a cross between rough and ready and drunk kids.

Staff are rude and useless. there is a Gentlemen that works there that got pissed of at giving me back my room key deposit. part from that it a means to an end!

This hostel was simply grose. It was dirty, old and the sanitary rooms were disgustingly dirty and broken. The 'fresh' bed sheets were dirty and the dorms were full of mould. It was a horrible accommodation. The announced tv room was missing. The heaters didn't work so it was really cold. Worst hostel I've ever been to! Was so glad to leave.

• 31st Dec 2014

The water of the shower was ALWAYS cold, the heating in the room didn't work altough we stayed at the hostel in december/ january (we got a radiant heater instead but it didn't work too), the rooms weren't really clean and the breakfast wasn't very diverse. The only two positive aspects: the location of the hostel and the price!

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Austria

Rooms are very dirty. Trash in the shower

It was in general quite alright to the price.. However, we did suffer a bit from the freezing showers and smelly room

The staff was not helpfull and not at all friendly. You pay about 1£ for 1 hour wifi, When there is a great pub at the corner where you han use theirs for free. It takes about an hours walk to central London. Beds were to small, no linnet for the dune, men's shower did not work and there was not enough hot water for all (so be the first to take a shower). But the bar at the corner was very good :)

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Denmark
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The worst hostel I've ever been to and I've been to many! Really dirty, no sinks in the toilets to wash your hands, no hot water, dirty dorms and not a good atmosphere. The only good thing is the location and cheap prize but still wouldn't go here again!

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Finland

The beds were very comfortable and our 4-people dorm was silent; so great for sleeping. Everything is clean but really worn out, and the building is old, so I just think it should be a bit cheaper. For a lower price or for the same price with renovations this hostel would be a quite good one. The staff was very nice!

The worst hostel I've ever stayed in. Rude staff, not helpful. Have to pay by cash, cards not accepted. No free wifi, need to pay £ 7 for 24 hours or £ 25 for a month. No lockers in the room, no luggage storage at the reception. Dirty facilities, just one or two showers per floor. Duvet covers not changed when customers check out. Very insecure atmosphere. During my stay I had the fire alarm on Saturday morning between 5.30 and 6am and on Sunday at 9.15am.

Far away from everything, staff seem like they hate their jobs. Rooms are a mess, bathrooms are not the cleanest. Anyways, last minute hostel, wouldnt recommend as first choice to anyone.

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Mexico

Three words, Don't stay here! If you're desperate for some accomodation, throw a few bricks through a shop window and spend a night in a cell. You might get treated better to be honest.

• 21st Nov 2014