Hyde Park Hostel Reviews

2-4-6 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

1967 Total Reviews

The Location is pretty decent as it is next to Hyde Park and QUeensway is close however the service, facilities and Cleanliness is poor... But if you stay just 1-2 nigths it's fine.

Absolutely disgusting, the number of toilets were inadequate for the amount of people in the room (21 bed dorm and 1 toilet). The shower room was putrid, tiles had come off walls and smashed inside the cubicle, shower head fitting was faulty and squirted water in all directions. No kitchen, poorly signed. Poor cleanliness of breakfast room. Convinient location, short walk to paddington station and opposite Hyde park. Personally I would look for somewhere else, luckily only there for 1 night.

• 15th Aug 2014

Overall is good, near bus stop and underground. Plug is limited.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

No lokers in the dorms, all the hooks in the toilets and showers are broken, there are just few showers each floor for too many people that's why are always dirty. If you need a dish or a fork to eat your dinner you have to ask at the reception. When I asked for a fork they found the Only one left after 2minutes, and it was a plastic one. Second day when arrivedin the evening I found my bed have been given to somebody else, at the reception they just told me to take one free bed if one free.

Such a rude staff, we ended up checking out four days early, because of the impoliteness and mean nature of the people Worning there.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Denmark
  • All Male Group, 18-24

It would be helpful if the staff explained a bit more about the hostel when the guest arrives (location of the toilets and showers, how to use the key, rules in the kitchen...). It is important too to know that in the kitchen there are no dishes nor cutlery. Also, the cleanliness clearly needs an improvement.

The staff was not very pleasant The breakfast is very cheap We didn't take a shower 'cause there arn't enought

They give you what you pay for, but I´ve always thought that if you want to enjoy your stay you should stay in a nicer place

This, without a doubt was the most miserable hostel i have stayed in anywhere in the world, and i'm sad to say it was in my home city! The staff - Miserable. The bathroom facilities - rubbish. The breakfast - very poor.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Wales

Hostel is notorious for the thief gangs who regularly rob the tourist staying there.

this hostel is easy going

While I was there, a costumer's laptop was robbed in my room. This is the first Hostel I've been in Europe that don't have a locker inside the rooms for the costumers. If you want to keep something safe you'll have to pay 2 pounds per day at the reception. The room for 18 people is the same size as my single room in Brazil. It's so small that it needs a triple bed and we need to climb around 3 meters to sleep. We stayed at the ground floor in the summer and the warm inside the room was awful.

• 18th Jul 2014

The hostel was very dirty and espacially the showers!!!

• 17th Jul 2014

The staff were terrible I would not stay here again , the beds were small and uncomfortable and the people staying there would sit around and didn't seem to interact with each other

Totally unsafe. Filthy & unfriendly.

The most important thing for my person is this that I booked two additional nights day before my leaving with insurance if I'd like to cancel my reservation . But in the morning I found other place to sleep and when I came to the main reception this nice gentleman tell's me that if I make reservation and not cancel this 24 h before my accommodate then your hotel will charged me for one night . But why, I special took insurance to avoid this situation . And now I loose £17,83 + £4 insurance fee .

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Poland

Average Hostel but very well located

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! This is the most vile place I've ever been We actually caught the cleaner with the mop in the toilet bowl flushing the toilet on it (vomits) THATS REVOLTING! Rude staff £25 per night for indented beds which you make urself No wifi Basically no power points! Lucky for the hot bits in ur shower which is also disgusting This place is not for travellers, as all u really want is a shower, bed, wifi, and to charge ur phone/camera It's not even that close to anywhere!

Best hostel i have stayed in.

The staff was not very attentive and kind of cold. There isn't good shower room and there isn't mirror in any of the toilets. The Wi-fi is only available at a cost.

• 7th Jul 2014