Hyde Park Hostel Reviews

2-4-6 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

The beds were very comfortable and our 4-people dorm was silent; so great for sleeping. Everything is clean but really worn out, and the building is old, so I just think it should be a bit cheaper. For a lower price or for the same price with renovations this hostel would be a quite good one. The staff was very nice!

The worst hostel I've ever stayed in. Rude staff, not helpful. Have to pay by cash, cards not accepted. No free wifi, need to pay £ 7 for 24 hours or £ 25 for a month. No lockers in the room, no luggage storage at the reception. Dirty facilities, just one or two showers per floor. Duvet covers not changed when customers check out. Very insecure atmosphere. During my stay I had the fire alarm on Saturday morning between 5.30 and 6am and on Sunday at 9.15am.

Far away from everything, staff seem like they hate their jobs. Rooms are a mess, bathrooms are not the cleanest. Anyways, last minute hostel, wouldnt recommend as first choice to anyone.

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Mexico

Three words, Don't stay here! If you're desperate for some accomodation, throw a few bricks through a shop window and spend a night in a cell. You might get treated better to be honest.

• 21st Nov 2014

Absolutely horrendous.. couldn't even stay there and I lost most of my money for canceling last minute. NEVER STAY THERE. The staff is not friendly, sheets were thrown at us, the wifi is expensive, the rooms were gross, reception looks like something out of a horror movie...

The hostel is very crappy and old. The pictures are not what the hostel looks like. Their is weird smell in the room. Would not come back here.

The room was dirty and smelled bad, bathroom was even worst.

I was kicked out because I did not have enough cash money to pay the entire amount (I had 100 pounds instead of 130 and that day could not get any other money from the atm). It was 7 pm and asked if it could be possible to pay a part of the money the first day, leaving my document to them to let them sure I would have been back, but the answer was no. I had to go out and search for another accomodation. Rude people and not good hostel atmosphere by the way.

• 30th Oct 2014

Defo won't come back there

the whole hostel was dirty , I booked for a group , the people kinda forgot we were supposed to arrive !! cold water in the showers, half of male showers were out of service in our floor , blankets dirty in the rooms and very unwelcoming people.

• 25th Oct 2014

Rude staff, the bathrooms were really small often without light. The role place was kinda smelly and I got my perfurm stolen. Don't reccomend at all.

Not the greatest hostel, bit scary and run down didn't feel safe

It's very dirty in everywhere! No plugs in the bathroom (nor in the toilets) to shave, except...in the bedroom!

The biggest minus was that our room didn't have any electric socket. Otherwise our stay was pleasant.

• 18th Oct 2014