Hyde Park Hostel Reviews

2-4-6 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

1961 Total Reviews

1) The space from the architectural view is a MESS. Too many stairs and corridors, too less signaling. It was hard finding the bathrooms and the showers. Not to mention that the place is NOT ACCESSIBLE for elderly and disabled people. 2) The staff is incredibly rude. When I asked for help finding the light switch of my room, the person who helped me said I needed to "exercise my brain" (he said it more than one time) and made faces like I was dumb. Little detail: the switch was BEHIND THE BED

• 7th Jul 2014

Would not recommend a lone traveller. It was so dirty and had an unfriendly atmosphere.

The room didn't seem to have a light, a couple do Japanese lads had robbed all the sockets in the room and it was like a sauna at night but having the worldy spanish bird on reception more than made up for it. Can you pass my number to her?

• 5th Jul 2014

Possibly the scruffyest hostel I've ever stayed in worldwide! It just had a really funny feeling about the place. No lockers in the rooms. Stayed in a 4 man room which felt like a cell. Wouldn't stay again

Horribly unfriendly and rude staff! Disgusting showers and bathrooms. Not worth your money, spend more and stay somewhere else.

• 4th Jul 2014

Very dirty. Staff unfriendly. Terrible value for your money.

• 4th Jul 2014

Had a great time in there! The staff was really nice and helpful. The hostel is perfeclty located, you're just like 2 min away from the tube and 1 from a bus stop, so its really practical! The only downside was the showers, which are not always clean, but I believe that's more on careless residents than the hostel staff. Anyway, would recommand!

• 3rd Jul 2014

Except for the water, it was fine for the money paid and the conditions. Fair price and nor problems during my stay. If you don't mind the facilities its fine for the price.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Spain

The dorm felt like a prison cell, very dingy and cramped with dark blue blinds that cover each three-storey bunk bed. The shower was cold and dirty. The bed wasn't long enough if you're tall. There was also a poor atmosphere and it was unfriendly.

What can i say,the whole Hostel is so dirty,the duvets( including covers not been washed for ages),the whole environment is a health risk,no security,etc stuffing 21 people in a room etc

• 2nd Jul 2014

The dirtiest and most dilapidated place I ever stayed in. Even when I travelled in India, I never came across showers and bathrooms as filthy and badly maintained as this. It is so bad that no words can explain how bad this hostel is.

Basicly, it is one of the worst hotel I have ever been in Europe. Value for money not adequate. You are charge for everything, locker, wifi at expensive prices. The showers.... dirty and not a single furniture, only 3 tiny hungers... what a place! Breakfast included but not worthy at all....

It's probably the cheapest place during the summer. And its location is great. But that's it. You have to pay 6£ a day to get a bad wifi, to pay for everything actually. At our floor, there were three showers for about a hundred people. During the morning rush, it's pretty complicated. And then, in our room, there were two plugs close to the door for 21 beds.

Hello, The hostel is very poor in facilities, we have to pay for everything! Like lockers, wifi, etc...Staff very rude, no place to meet other guests, i was stolen by a cleaner, and dont accept cards.

most stuff is broken. You need to search for working toilet or shower, but at least one was always working. Shower and rooms are moldy.

Lack of lockable cages in room plus no bedside plug! I've had both these things in a similar cost and location hostel.

• 26th Jun 2014

Staff members totally arrogant assholes. Even it's London the relatively high price didn't match the poor quality standards there. In worst case I would rather set up a tent at hide park.

The hostel staffs were very rude and unhelpful, they seemed somewhat indifferent when I talked to them=]]. The room was also very dirty and had bad ventilation. The location made up for all the bad points though.

The beds squeaked. We arrived at midnight and were told to make our own beds. This was difficult in the dark, and with three level high beds. Also, we were charged 5 pounds for a towel, even though there is a separate hotel section to the hostel and they could have easily serviced towels for the hostel as well. Storing luggage was 1 pound 50, and the staff generally didn't know anything about the local public transportation. Expensive and not a fun time.

This hostel is very dirty and not safe. We were three girls, two of us got robbed. I lost a lot of money, somebody even searched in our suitcases and stole the bras and underwear that we bought in primark that day. It was disgusting and i don't ever want to come back. Don't go to this hostel, the location is very good, but the rest is horrible and it doesn't worth even the 10 pounds that we payed for a night.