Hyde Park Hostel Reviews

2-4-6 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

1994 Total Reviews

The dirtiest and most dilapidated place I ever stayed in. Even when I travelled in India, I never came across showers and bathrooms as filthy and badly maintained as this. It is so bad that no words can explain how bad this hostel is.

Basicly, it is one of the worst hotel I have ever been in Europe. Value for money not adequate. You are charge for everything, locker, wifi at expensive prices. The showers.... dirty and not a single furniture, only 3 tiny hungers... what a place! Breakfast included but not worthy at all....

It's probably the cheapest place during the summer. And its location is great. But that's it. You have to pay 6£ a day to get a bad wifi, to pay for everything actually. At our floor, there were three showers for about a hundred people. During the morning rush, it's pretty complicated. And then, in our room, there were two plugs close to the door for 21 beds.

Hello, The hostel is very poor in facilities, we have to pay for everything! Like lockers, wifi, etc...Staff very rude, no place to meet other guests, i was stolen by a cleaner, and dont accept cards.

most stuff is broken. You need to search for working toilet or shower, but at least one was always working. Shower and rooms are moldy.

Lack of lockable cages in room plus no bedside plug! I've had both these things in a similar cost and location hostel.

• 26th Jun 2014

Staff members totally arrogant assholes. Even it's London the relatively high price didn't match the poor quality standards there. In worst case I would rather set up a tent at hide park.

That breakfast: toast and jam, cereal and tea or coffee is provided every morning and is included in the price is a good idea. The staff, although helpful, could be a bit less 'distant' towards guests. The rooms are a bit gloomy, but more curtains are needed across the sides of the beds to shut out to the lights. The showers are good. There are precious few kitchen utensils, the cups are really small, and asking reception for these is really inconvenient

find nice and friendly staff. guests arena nota cattle

The hostel staffs were very rude and unhelpful, they seemed somewhat indifferent when I talked to them=]]. The room was also very dirty and had bad ventilation. The location made up for all the bad points though.

The beds squeaked. We arrived at midnight and were told to make our own beds. This was difficult in the dark, and with three level high beds. Also, we were charged 5 pounds for a towel, even though there is a separate hotel section to the hostel and they could have easily serviced towels for the hostel as well. Storing luggage was 1 pound 50, and the staff generally didn't know anything about the local public transportation. Expensive and not a fun time.

This hostel is very dirty and not safe. We were three girls, two of us got robbed. I lost a lot of money, somebody even searched in our suitcases and stole the bras and underwear that we bought in primark that day. It was disgusting and i don't ever want to come back. Don't go to this hostel, the location is very good, but the rest is horrible and it doesn't worth even the 10 pounds that we payed for a night.

Really dirty, bathrooms are digusting, not worth it.

• 22nd Jun 2014

This place may have been cheap, but you get even less then you pay for. Terrible staff, facilities, and all around terrible atmosphere.

• 20th Jun 2014

This is the worst hostel I have ever had to stay in - wanted to leave but because it was the weekend couldn't find anywhere else to stay. Cockroaches and rats were plenty, staff was rude and yelled at us when we asked for our money back, bathrooms were filthy and most guests were permenant over 40s men

• 20th Jun 2014

It is not secure . Hostel staff was very flirtatious. Low security. I regret spending few hours there. I will not recommend anyone staying there. There are other nice hostels like londoner hostel Paddington. Surely not this one.

• United Arab Emirates

I thought this place was pretty good for £10 a night. It isn't the cleanist but if you are only staying for a shortwhile it's totally managable. I recommend going upstairs to shower though, the ground floor showers are dirty and cold. Staff were friendly and help, especially the night guard who didn't have an quarms tellin people to shut up. I would stay again.

Terrible!

• 17th Jun 2014

We booked four beds and arrived to find 24 people shoved into a room that looked filthy, not secure for personal belongings and the smell of body odor was very disgusting. The room was not properly ventilated so it always smelled disgusting. We ended up upgrading to a private room, as we arrived late at night and there were no other hostels available in the immediate area. Don't waste your money, go somewhere else! The only positive part was the location.

It's very much a hostel for mostly travelling workers so not really the place for meeting people It's ok for sleeping during the day as it can be quiet .The showers are not really clean