Hyde Park Hostel Reviews

2-4-6 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Horrible staff and conditions

Hyde Park Hostel was one of the baddest hostel I've been. The price is really good, so you can't expect to much, but the staff really seem to not like their work, the hostel looks like a prison with just gray and dull walls and electricitypoint for rechargers aren't available in the rooms. You have to pay for all the extra's, like towels, WiFi and using mobile rechargers.

The staff were very rude, not very welcoming. The rooms were big, and everyone was loud, don't expect a good nights sleep. The location is good, close to the metro about 5 minutes walk. I don't recommend stain at this hostel unless its your last resort, like it was mine.

I have no idea how they get passed in health and safety, the stair railings are so unsecure and some rails even missing and covered up with wooden boards, the showers are so bad, the worst i have ever seen, there were mushrooms growing on the walls in there and i am not lying, it was a hole in the ground on a concrete floor and two shower heads in a small room,

• 5th Oct 2014

Worse hostel ever

Never come across such rude staff, the treated me like a kid. Felt very unsafe with the odd range of people there but the rooms like filthy and so crammed together.

more rooms but smaller

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Portugal

I don't recommend anyone stays here, the staff are rude and the rooms are disgusting. But you get what you pay for, it's one of the cheaper hostels in London. There is an additional cost for everything, Internet, locker, luggage storage and you don't feel safe.

I am not picky at all after serving in the military for 6 years I appreciate almost anything, but the staff was extremely rude. Most of the showers didn't work. There was a lot of people with mental health issues living/staying there, getting drunk and walking around saying racist remarks (to other people). The security couldn't remove the hooligans from the front and me and my wife didn't sleep at all... our roommate from Argentina (who was a great guy) left early too (he had enough) etc.

The hostel is in a very good location and it's cheap. These are the only two good things about it. There's a lot of people who live there, mostly sleazy males so in the kitchen if you're a woman you will feel at least uncomfortable. Food gets stolen ALL THE TIME from the common fridge, staff doesn't care about it all. It's not safe. It's a good place to sleep for the night as in there's a bed and a roof (yet constant noise like in all backpackers), but I wouldn't leave any valuables there

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Lithuania

Worst hostel ever!! Dirty, most showers did not work, rooms overpacked, no ventilation, staff not helpful, not enough chargers in the room for everybody,mno individual lights, you had to turn on general lights, disturbing everybody. If I can avoid it, I will next time

The worst hostel in London! ... And i Lived in several. Hyde Park Hostel looks like an abandoned Convent, cold and impersonal and this is only the start of a list that you could never stop if you would. I will try to be more resumptive though. The staff has been: Deceitful, Invasive and so annoying they even forbad me to just stand in front of the hostel! The showers seems a product of Dario Argento's fantasy, not surprised when i saw people with cream for mushrooms so. AVOID AVOID AVOID!

I paid for nothing. Didn't stay there a minute and didn't get my money back including deposit. Unfortunatelly a tragic reason lead to this but the staff did not show any flexiblility.

It's pretty dirty in this place. The beds and pillow are fine though. The showers and toilets are free public washroom level and the floor could be cleaner. For a towel I had to pay 5 pounds so bring your own

• 27th Sep 2014

This is a true dive and a very crowded one, at that. The shower areas look like from a concentration camp. Many of the bathrooms didn't work and those that did were tiny and not enough for the number of hostelers staying at this huge hostel. The social/breakfast room in the basement level is a humbling place. The breakfast provided is as simple as it can get. The check-in staff need a lesson in being courteous. This hostel only takes cash payment and should advertise that is the case.

Well the stay was a dissappointment overall biggest issues being security and cleanliness. Because of the system in place, anyone could come into the hostel if he was smart enough. Even the extremely over-priced luggage service they did, didn't look very secure. Sincerely, I would prefer to pay more than have the same experience again.

• 24th Sep 2014
  • Romania

In the duvets there were small bugs and spidders which biten us. In more than in one room the windows couldn't be closed because a wood stick was nailed in it and between the scaffolds, allowing everyone to get in the room at any time of the day. In the bathroom, there was no space to leave the personnal belongings when taking a shower. The staff was very unhelpful, blaming us for leaving the window open. They also couldn't answer to the questions about that!

The toilet and the bathroom were very dirty ...I didn't even know whrere to put my fresh clothes ..a clothes hook would help a lot I think!

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • Austria

By the time we arrived and spoke with receptionist, she was just interested in getting the money for the nights without being even able to explain us the amount that she was asking us. In the bedroom, it was impossible to close the window due to the renew that was happening in the front of the building (a wood stick was nailed between the window and the scaffold). So, anyone could get in the room at any time of the day by the window!

Fair to say, not bad at all :)

• 19th Sep 2014