Hyde Park Hostel Reviews

2-4-6 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Disgusting facilities. Unhelpful, rude staff. Disgusting breakfast. Disgusting beds with used sheets. Terrible area, harassed by men on the street every time I left the hostel, not safe for women at all. The worst place I have ever stayed in my life.

• 9th Nov 2013

It was a nice place once, one day i wanted to shower and guess what: Cold water only and...falling from the ceiling. Yes it was rain water coming down. Toilets always stuffed out with paper, out of order. Frequent Robberies to unaware guests in the Rooms. Holes on walls. No free wireless internet. Have to pay high deposit fee to use kitchen utensilies. Frequent room disturbance and strange people around. They dare to ask 25 Pounds for a bed! Cheaper Hotels! The place´s falling apart.

There were not enough restrooms for the amount of people per floor and in addition the restrooms were in horrible condition, some toilets not even functioning.

• 8th Nov 2013

The people who works at the front desk are really sad... never smiling. All the structure need to be renewed. All looks old, very used and you don't have the impression it's a clean place.

I only stayed there for one night, and then another later. It is not a bad place but not particularly outstanding either. Staff were rather indifferent, too formal for my taste, and the atmosphere was bland to say the least. Facilities were average, the triple bunks were quite stable. The location is very central and I would definitely recommend staying there if you were making a short trip to London for sightseeing purposes, but not if you want something more, such as socializing.

• 7th Nov 2013
  • Iceland

There are as many rats living in the building as there are people sleeping there.

• 5th Nov 2013

Good staff; nice people..me and my friends love these place....is georgeous!

I stayed for one night. It was overpriced for what they offer: no breakfast, no free wifi, no free towels. I'm not typically too picky as a traveler but the bathrooms were so dirty I chose to go elsewhere. It's fine if you need to stay for one night but I wouldn't have stayed any longer than I did.

Staff was very poor. They were unfriendly, quite rude at times... When we arrived in our dorm, there were no numbers on the beds and even the ones that were free still had linnen on them. So there was no way you could tell which bed was yours... Staff just said there were 2 beds free and we should guess basically. Luckily we arrived around 10pm, so most of the other folks were still up and we could ask them for help. If you arrive during the night, expect it to be difficult to find your bed!

• 1st Nov 2013
  • Belgium

Upper floors more spacious than lower. Nice value for money Hostel

The hostel was dirty, the rooms smell very bad theres was no hot water. Although is a cheap hostel the facilities. Shouls be better. I would not recommend it.

• 31st Oct 2013
  • Spain

There's no heater in the room ,, no hot showr

They kick out people without any comments. They cancelled my next booking and I had nowhere to stay. There is no heating and no hot water.

Too dirty! The bedroom was horrible. The bathroom blankets were incredible filthy.

Nice place.

• Poland

The installations aren´t be in good state, it need many works. I would closed this hostel to make a big restyling.

I booked a bed in a 10 bed dorm for the week but when I showed up I was informed that I had 2 bookings

The staff received us very badly, didn't look at us when we talked, reserved for us a room with more people that we had choose. Only the housekeeping staff were friendly. The location is great, but the building is very old, very dirty bathrooms, wi-fi had to pay to use, but it wasn't working on the days that me and my friends were there. When we complained the amount of people in the room and wi-fi wasn't working, they hadn't do nothing for improving something. I won't never be there again.

• 25th Oct 2013

The staff was rather bored and not very friendly. People were obviously smoking on the toilets and nobody did a thing about that. One shower room was mouldy, the other was ok. The room and the sink in our room were very clean though. No atmosphere, not much meeting other travelers. But I must admit, from the pictures I expected it worse!! It was the ONLY hostel which had room an that we. But the location was very good, nice cafés, pubs and the beautiful Kensingtons Gardens/Hyde Park very close.

• 25th Oct 2013

The hostel is professional. Hyde Park is just less than 5 mins walk away and lots of stations and buses nearby. There is also free cash machine inside the hostel at reception and they give you clean, pressed sheets at arrival. The minuses are there is no lift, there is charge for luggage room £2 for 24 hours, breakfast is very basic (cheapest food, would be nice to have an option of wholemeal bread, or a choice of cereals) and there is charge for wifi.