Hyde Park Hostel Reviews

2-4-6 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

1985 Total Reviews

Poor arrangement for breakfast. Shower has no heater on with only 1 shower room and 1 toilet for 2 rooms of 18 beds each.

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

This building really needs to be renovated!

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Poland

I stayed your hostel for a couple of weeks. First when I booked online some of friends invited me they're home. So I change my booking at the reception. They didn't give back to me my deposit. Last time without warning me they took key's money cause the receptionist said that I gave him to key later than 10:00 am. I'm not satisfied your staf behaviour, they're rude. Even you don't have any problem with them they don't smile or aproach to people for help.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Turkey

the male workers are awful,it seems like they are making you a favour hosting you there.very dirty the toilets and the floors in the rooms.perfect position close to the metro.

Beds and dorm were okay, a but dusty, but I slept pretty well. The bathroom was pretty disgusting, I didn't feel comfortable to take a shower or go to the toilet. Also pretty annoying that there wasn't a lounge or somewhere you could just relax for a moment, the only thing that resembled a common room, was the breakfast room, but the chairs there weren't very comfortable. I suspect that there were homeless people staying here. There was a very peculiar women staying in our dorm, who scared us.

• 27th May 2014

In two years of traveling around the world and staying in numerous hostels, this one is the worst I've stayed in! The staff are very very rude, the building is in a totally dilapidated state, the toilets and showers are so disgusting I couldn't bring myself to use them. Also, no lockers in the rooms, no free WiFi. You are better sleeping in the park on a bench than staying in this shabby doss house.

I've stayed in hostels all over the world and this was by far the worst.The staff are the main reason!There English is very limited which was frustrating and manors are non existent.As for the hostel itself the whole building could do with a paint at the very least.As someone from the UK I was embarrassed that most of the people staying in the hostel where foreign.Our country is better than this and they shouldn't have to stay in hostels of this quality.I believe it reflects badly on our country

• 24th May 2014

As soon as I entered it seemed that it is not a welcoming place, especially with the receptionists "service"! I thought I was during the filming of 'World War Z' when I was seeing the guests at the hostel... unfortunately it was reality haha! Anyway not suggested, especially for over a week cos you'll end up speaking to yourself like some people I have seen in there!

The Hostel doesn't accept credit card, but in the Hostelworld site says that they accept. The Hostel doesn't have wifi e the kitchen was awful, and every time I was mAde my food, I had to go until the reception ask for dishes. The workers never know anything that we ask for.

positive marks: perfect position, low prices, kitchen open 24 hours, so we could cook uor meals. my friends and I didn't have big problems during our staying. BUT: rooms weren't very clean, and so the kitchen. Two things I didn't like at all were a) internet wasn't free (in the nearer hostel it was) and b)safety boxes were available for 2£ per day. I think these two services should be free, in every Hostel.

• 13th May 2014

I think it is so expensive for lousy and dirty rooms. I've never seen cleaning staff in my room after people's leaving :(

• 9th May 2014
  • South Korea

They should smile. There must be a free secure box for each room. Let the wifi be free..

• 8th May 2014

i loved the place! I did trip off the step in the hall way and hurt my leg and hip though. i was given help and unfortunately i had to stay much shorter than i wanted to, but overall i loved the staff the breakfast and the atmosphere, very pleased.

• 6th May 2014

The staff was very rude. There was mold in the showers and no sinks in the bathrooms.

• 6th May 2014
  • Sweden

The location is pretty good near Hyde park and two subway stations. Nevertheless, we took a 4 bed room with a private bathroom which turned out to be only a sink!! We had to pay for storing our lugage in a room on the last day ( £2)!! The shared bathroom was very dirty and moist, there was no evacuation in half of the showers and the toilets were not great either. On the plus side, the room was quite spatious.

Every thing is paid. You don't have internet conecctions, at least that you paid for that, and it's expensive !! No electricity in the rooms, to charge your fone or something else you have to go to the commun areas, where you can find 3 or 4 electricity entries, so all the guests fight for it ! The staffs are not usefulls at all, they don't said a world about the city, and the turistic points and if you want a map, of course ... Pay for it ! It was not a good experience, don't recomended.

• 1st May 2014

The staff is rude, the facilities are dirty, they charge you for everything, there is not internet in the lobby. I will never recommend this site.

If you want to sleep for cheap in the center of London and really close by Oxford Street, I don't think there is any other chances but to make concessions. The hostel is huge, not so friendly staff but not too bad either, not all showers work perfectly but after a few tries there won't be any problems for you. But : breakfast is included and if you are planning on a few days in London you'll probably spend more time outside than inside and the location's really good. Good value for money

We did not feel safe here at all There was blood on the sheets Men tried to get in our beds The staff was very sketchy

When I arrived to the room for my second night at the hostel, my beddings were removed and the clothes I had on my bed as well. I went downstairs to the reception and the guy just handed me new beddings (without looking at me) and didn't at all think to address the wierd fact that someone had stolen my lothes and undone my bed when it was obvious that I was staying there. Overall the staff was rude, the toilets terrible and security really bad. It's cheap but it's not worth it.