Hyde Park Hostel Reviews

2-4-6 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

2007 Total Reviews

The Hostel doesn't accept credit card, but in the Hostelworld site says that they accept. The Hostel doesn't have wifi e the kitchen was awful, and every time I was mAde my food, I had to go until the reception ask for dishes. The workers never know anything that we ask for.

positive marks: perfect position, low prices, kitchen open 24 hours, so we could cook uor meals. my friends and I didn't have big problems during our staying. BUT: rooms weren't very clean, and so the kitchen. Two things I didn't like at all were a) internet wasn't free (in the nearer hostel it was) and b)safety boxes were available for 2£ per day. I think these two services should be free, in every Hostel.

• 13th May 2014

I think it is so expensive for lousy and dirty rooms. I've never seen cleaning staff in my room after people's leaving :(

• 9th May 2014
  • South Korea

They should smile. There must be a free secure box for each room. Let the wifi be free..

• 8th May 2014

i loved the place! I did trip off the step in the hall way and hurt my leg and hip though. i was given help and unfortunately i had to stay much shorter than i wanted to, but overall i loved the staff the breakfast and the atmosphere, very pleased.

• 6th May 2014

The staff was very rude. There was mold in the showers and no sinks in the bathrooms.

• 6th May 2014
  • Sweden

The location is pretty good near Hyde park and two subway stations. Nevertheless, we took a 4 bed room with a private bathroom which turned out to be only a sink!! We had to pay for storing our lugage in a room on the last day ( £2)!! The shared bathroom was very dirty and moist, there was no evacuation in half of the showers and the toilets were not great either. On the plus side, the room was quite spatious.

Every thing is paid. You don't have internet conecctions, at least that you paid for that, and it's expensive !! No electricity in the rooms, to charge your fone or something else you have to go to the commun areas, where you can find 3 or 4 electricity entries, so all the guests fight for it ! The staffs are not usefulls at all, they don't said a world about the city, and the turistic points and if you want a map, of course ... Pay for it ! It was not a good experience, don't recomended.

• 1st May 2014

The staff is rude, the facilities are dirty, they charge you for everything, there is not internet in the lobby. I will never recommend this site.

If you want to sleep for cheap in the center of London and really close by Oxford Street, I don't think there is any other chances but to make concessions. The hostel is huge, not so friendly staff but not too bad either, not all showers work perfectly but after a few tries there won't be any problems for you. But : breakfast is included and if you are planning on a few days in London you'll probably spend more time outside than inside and the location's really good. Good value for money

We did not feel safe here at all There was blood on the sheets Men tried to get in our beds The staff was very sketchy

When I arrived to the room for my second night at the hostel, my beddings were removed and the clothes I had on my bed as well. I went downstairs to the reception and the guy just handed me new beddings (without looking at me) and didn't at all think to address the wierd fact that someone had stolen my lothes and undone my bed when it was obvious that I was staying there. Overall the staff was rude, the toilets terrible and security really bad. It's cheap but it's not worth it.

This Hostel is a typical low cost hostel. For a low price, you get just what you need to live. You even get an extra more with the TV room and the kitchen, that was cool. However, certain things are unacceptable. Like the fact that you didn't want to give our twelve person group the right number of glasses, forks ans knives to eat, nor the feeling that we got when we asked something, like we were really bothering you.

• 25th Apr 2014

This hostel is a SCANDALE! It has BED BUGS in the beds, which I got allergies against and had to go to the pharmacy and buy cortisone to sooth it+ it took me one day to wash all my clothes and suitcase in a laundry! So I lost my time +30 pounds because of this!! Besides, the hostel is VERY DIRTY and MISERABLE. My friends who stayed there have been robbed 3 days after arriving.They had their mobiles and wallets stolen since there are NO LOCKERS in the rooms THIS HOSTEL HAVE TO BE LOCKED DOWN

• 23rd Apr 2014

Staff did not have a sense of service, a couple of times I asked for reccomendations and they told me to look them over the internet, that btw, was not free. All the facilities are old and the place looks dirty, the showers had some mushrooms growing on the walls and the beds were fragile (there was a broken ladder to a bed in my room). For me also the feeling of being in a hostel is to discover the city in a different way, I didn't feel this in this hostel, it was just as a very bad hotel.

• 19th Apr 2014
  • Mexico
  • All Male Group, 25-30

was the worst hostel I been on London, the bathroom and the shower were dirty at the top, leaks when it rains, nor for tourist is just for people who works in the city. Fue el peor hotel que he estado en Londres, el baño y la ducha estaban sucias hasta el tope, hay goteras cuando llueve, no es un hostel para turistas es solo para personas que trabaja en la ciudad, por otra parte la ubicacion es excelente lo que puede compensar lo malo del hostel, sin WIFI, 1£ la hora

The hostel was very poor in hygiene(bathroom, shower room, bedroom, kitchen). In my opinion the atmosphere was not really comfortable inside the building, because of the poor looks. I think it was not worth the money I spent to it.

• 19th Apr 2014

It was okay. But wifi was not free, towel was not free.. Staff was rude!:(

The hostel is disgusting, the room smells bad, the staff people were rude, the showers are terrible (had pubic hairs on all parts). Someone stole my key and I still had to pay for it. The only thing that saves is the location. However, I'll never return.

Horrible experience, stuff is totally unpolite and igrnorant, there are no house rules, people going in and out of the room all the time, noone cares who they are, switching on an off lights and talking all nights, staff totally ignorant about everything saying that it is hostel ....i have been travelling all over the world but never had so bad experience with any hostel in the world. You have no place where to put your luggage, forget about lockers, they ruined my holidays!!