Hyde Park Hostel Reviews

2-4-6 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

The staff was not very pleasant The breakfast is very cheap We didn't take a shower 'cause there arn't enought

No aircon or fans could not open windows even for air....so security was good but in summer not good... The showers didn't work on the 3rd and 4th floor when they eventually did (if you call a drizzle is working) and no hot water... Breakfast basic but clean and fresh cereal milk and toast options Location was good and close to Tube and Buses

• 29th Jul 2014

They give you what you pay for, but I´ve always thought that if you want to enjoy your stay you should stay in a nicer place

This, without a doubt was the most miserable hostel i have stayed in anywhere in the world, and i'm sad to say it was in my home city! The staff - Miserable. The bathroom facilities - rubbish. The breakfast - very poor.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Wales

Hostel is notorious for the thief gangs who regularly rob the tourist staying there.

this hostel is easy going

While I was there, a costumer's laptop was robbed in my room. This is the first Hostel I've been in Europe that don't have a locker inside the rooms for the costumers. If you want to keep something safe you'll have to pay 2 pounds per day at the reception. The room for 18 people is the same size as my single room in Brazil. It's so small that it needs a triple bed and we need to climb around 3 meters to sleep. We stayed at the ground floor in the summer and the warm inside the room was awful.

The hostel was very dirty and espacially the showers!!!

• 17th Jul 2014

The staff were terrible I would not stay here again , the beds were small and uncomfortable and the people staying there would sit around and didn't seem to interact with each other

Totally unsafe. Filthy & unfriendly.

The most important thing for my person is this that I booked two additional nights day before my leaving with insurance if I'd like to cancel my reservation . But in the morning I found other place to sleep and when I came to the main reception this nice gentleman tell's me that if I make reservation and not cancel this 24 h before my accommodate then your hotel will charged me for one night . But why, I special took insurance to avoid this situation . And now I loose £17,83 + £4 insurance fee .

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Poland

Average Hostel but very well located

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! This is the most vile place I've ever been We actually caught the cleaner with the mop in the toilet bowl flushing the toilet on it (vomits) THATS REVOLTING! Rude staff £25 per night for indented beds which you make urself No wifi Basically no power points! Lucky for the hot bits in ur shower which is also disgusting This place is not for travellers, as all u really want is a shower, bed, wifi, and to charge ur phone/camera It's not even that close to anywhere!

Best hostel i have stayed in.

The staff was not very attentive and kind of cold. There isn't good shower room and there isn't mirror in any of the toilets. The Wi-fi is only available at a cost.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • China

1) The space from the architectural view is a MESS. Too many stairs and corridors, too less signaling. It was hard finding the bathrooms and the showers. Not to mention that the place is NOT ACCESSIBLE for elderly and disabled people. 2) The staff is incredibly rude. When I asked for help finding the light switch of my room, the person who helped me said I needed to "exercise my brain" (he said it more than one time) and made faces like I was dumb. Little detail: the switch was BEHIND THE BED

• 7th Jul 2014

Would not recommend a lone traveller. It was so dirty and had an unfriendly atmosphere.

The room didn't seem to have a light, a couple do Japanese lads had robbed all the sockets in the room and it was like a sauna at night but having the worldy spanish bird on reception more than made up for it. Can you pass my number to her?

• 5th Jul 2014

Possibly the scruffyest hostel I've ever stayed in worldwide! It just had a really funny feeling about the place. No lockers in the rooms. Stayed in a 4 man room which felt like a cell. Wouldn't stay again

Horribly unfriendly and rude staff! Disgusting showers and bathrooms. Not worth your money, spend more and stay somewhere else.

• 4th Jul 2014