Hyde Park Hostel Reviews

2-4-6 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

1904 Total Reviews

The staff was HORRIBLE. Very rude

• 31st Jan 2014

I have been traveling for more than half a year and so I have been in a lot of hostel. But this was definitely the worst.

It was like a lager! Impossible to stay here too much..

Looks like a mental hospital. Don't go there unless you REALLY can't afford anything else. Some guests are even dangerous!! But very clean. Congratulations to the girls who clean the building!

everithing ok

It worth your money but the breakfast es very basic(bread, jam, butter, coffee and tea), if you dont mind everything else is good,

The guy at reception wasn't helpful and didn't tell me anything. He wasn't rude, he just wasn't helpful. It's location is excellent, a short walk from town, or to a tube station if you want one. Internet is not free which is always annoying.

Horrible atmosphere with staffs that didn't even introduce me and my friend to the hostel. since we got there, they were not definitely the most polite people. The showers are not good as well. Did not fell confortable at all.

Great location. Good access to buses into central London. The place is great for a short weekend stay. The rooms are clean. The night staff is a waste of time. Make sure you save your questions for the day staff. You can access the internet for a short time at a small charge of 1 GBP.

• Peru

Charging for keeping your bags after checkout? Seriously? The most absurd thing is charging for wifi though, that region has so many hostels and hotels that choosing this one is not reasonable!

• 31st Dec 2013

My biggest concern is that there is absolutely no space to place personal belongings. As such, everyone is forced to place their belongings on the floor in the middle of the room. The floor of the room was covered in shoes, backpacks, cellphones, watches, and even wallets. This makes the room look extremely messy.

• Spain

You get what you pay for. It's cheap for a reason.

• 30th Dec 2013

I was quite terrified after reading the reviews before my stay.Most of the reviews are unfavourable.However,I found out it wasn't that case when I entered to the hostel. In term of cleanliness,I think they did a brilliant job.We got our new bed sheets from reception instead of bed sheets that already laid on the bed which you will never know it is clean or not.I am not sure whether it is because they improved themselves after complaints but I am quite satisfied with my stay.

The location was really good but I wa appalled at the conditions of the shower rooms, especially the foul smell. The compartments under the bunk beds were mostly damaged and are not secured with any type of lock at all! The bedsheets were dirty as well.

• 24th Dec 2013
  • Malaysia
  • All Male Group, 18-24

No wifi. No comfortable tv room. No cutlery, pans, plates or bowls. Great location near 2 tubes stops. You have to pay cash as no cards accepted which is very odd and suspicious. Also no wi-fi or nice chill out room gives this hostel a bad feeling and was so glad to have left after 2 nights. Stay in a nicer more expensive hostel. Do not stay here if you are a tourist or backpacker.

I was surprised when I found some mushrooms in the common shower, they were really big so it means that they been there for long time. I also have pictures of them so if you like I could send without any problem.

• 7th Dec 2013

Just be very aware of what you are signing up for, as not everything is as stated on the website. Slow wifi is a paid service, and free breakfast also includes a deposit on the dishes (are you kidding me? wow.) there is a ten pound key deposit, and they only accept cash, regardless of what they say online. It is the dirtiest hostel I've ever been in, and if you plan on showering I hope you can hold your breath because the bathroom I had to used was covered in mold and smelled of old ham.

I stayed here for 2 nights, the costs being really small...the location is excellent, next to Hyde Park and near the tube station right in zone 0, it's excellent. I stayed in a 10 bed female room and it was ok, just don't leave your money in the room and sleep with your wallet under the blanket. The staff was ok, not very friendly but not rude either. The only thing unpleasant was that the shower on my floor was out of order the whole time I stayed there and that's annoying.

• 28th Nov 2013
  • Romania

I have stayed in many hostels in my time and this is by far the worst. The only thing going for it is its location. Everything else is horrid.

• 25th Nov 2013

Been to this hostel 4 days in 09/2013 and had to experience bites of bed buggs & other creatures. You do not notice the bites the following day - and may also think of moscitos at first. Right now, after 10 weeks, some of the deep wounds are still healing - the scars are horrible and very visible - my dermatologist told me this will not change for up to a year. The most ugly thing is, that - looking back - I am 95% sure that the staff had known about the situation - bed buggs & other creatures.