Hyde Park Hostel Reviews

2-4-6 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

Really dirty, bathrooms are digusting, not worth it.

• 22nd Jun 2014

This place may have been cheap, but you get even less then you pay for. Terrible staff, facilities, and all around terrible atmosphere.

• 20th Jun 2014

This is the worst hostel I have ever had to stay in - wanted to leave but because it was the weekend couldn't find anywhere else to stay. Cockroaches and rats were plenty, staff was rude and yelled at us when we asked for our money back, bathrooms were filthy and most guests were permenant over 40s men

• 20th Jun 2014

It is not secure . Hostel staff was very flirtatious. Low security. I regret spending few hours there. I will not recommend anyone staying there. There are other nice hostels like londoner hostel Paddington. Surely not this one.

• United Arab Emirates

I thought this place was pretty good for £10 a night. It isn't the cleanist but if you are only staying for a shortwhile it's totally managable. I recommend going upstairs to shower though, the ground floor showers are dirty and cold. Staff were friendly and help, especially the night guard who didn't have an quarms tellin people to shut up. I would stay again.

Terrible!

• 17th Jun 2014

We booked four beds and arrived to find 24 people shoved into a room that looked filthy, not secure for personal belongings and the smell of body odor was very disgusting. The room was not properly ventilated so it always smelled disgusting. We ended up upgrading to a private room, as we arrived late at night and there were no other hostels available in the immediate area. Don't waste your money, go somewhere else! The only positive part was the location.

It's very much a hostel for mostly travelling workers so not really the place for meeting people It's ok for sleeping during the day as it can be quiet .The showers are not really clean

Wouldn't stay there again. So many people there who love in the hostel and are quite old. If you're young, definitely don't stay here, was a bit of a nightmare. One plus though was that the staff were accommodating when we needed to change rooms

The worst hostel I've been... A lot of noise, bad service , :(

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

the rooms are ok, the showers are quite dirty, the breakfast was bad but enough, overall for 10 pounds it was really ok

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Chile

No wifi was a big issue for me. Paid 1 pound an hour for wifi but only works in lobby. Location is not all its cracked up to be. Too expensive of an area with no affordable pubs locally. No television provided by hostel anywhere on premises. They charge 2 pound a day for storage rather give you lockers and supply your own lock. No decent common area. Bad atmosphere in hostel. Avoid! Better to go out further like somewhere out by Kilburn

• 11th Jun 2014

They don't have a lot of plugs in the room and have on emergency light in front of the bed, so its terrible to sleep.

Poor arrangement for breakfast. Shower has no heater on with only 1 shower room and 1 toilet for 2 rooms of 18 beds each.

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

This building really needs to be renovated!

I stayed your hostel for a couple of weeks. First when I booked online some of friends invited me they're home. So I change my booking at the reception. They didn't give back to me my deposit. Last time without warning me they took key's money cause the receptionist said that I gave him to key later than 10:00 am. I'm not satisfied your staf behaviour, they're rude. Even you don't have any problem with them they don't smile or aproach to people for help.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Turkey

the male workers are awful,it seems like they are making you a favour hosting you there.very dirty the toilets and the floors in the rooms.perfect position close to the metro.

Beds and dorm were okay, a but dusty, but I slept pretty well. The bathroom was pretty disgusting, I didn't feel comfortable to take a shower or go to the toilet. Also pretty annoying that there wasn't a lounge or somewhere you could just relax for a moment, the only thing that resembled a common room, was the breakfast room, but the chairs there weren't very comfortable. I suspect that there were homeless people staying here. There was a very peculiar women staying in our dorm, who scared us.

• 27th May 2014

In two years of traveling around the world and staying in numerous hostels, this one is the worst I've stayed in! The staff are very very rude, the building is in a totally dilapidated state, the toilets and showers are so disgusting I couldn't bring myself to use them. Also, no lockers in the rooms, no free WiFi. You are better sleeping in the park on a bench than staying in this shabby doss house.

I've stayed in hostels all over the world and this was by far the worst.The staff are the main reason!There English is very limited which was frustrating and manors are non existent.As for the hostel itself the whole building could do with a paint at the very least.As someone from the UK I was embarrassed that most of the people staying in the hostel where foreign.Our country is better than this and they shouldn't have to stay in hostels of this quality.I believe it reflects badly on our country

• 24th May 2014