Hyde Park Hostel Reviews

2-4-6 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

1964 Total Reviews

The place needs an ironing board - they provide an iron for a fee, but nowhere to use it!

We stayed just one night in a 24 bed room dorm. The dorm was ok, just what one would expect from such a big dorm, but the showers where not clean, the bathrooms are rather small and too few for so many people. Maybe its because we stayed just one night, that we didn´t get to know the facilities better. For one night, it was alright, but I wouldn´t recommend it for a longer stay.

• 17th Mar 2014

IT LOOK LIKE A CONCENTRATION CAMP.

Stuff gets stolen in this hostel

As soon as I got there I went to the first floor bathroom to take a shower and while I was there it got flooded and it doesn't have any shelves so I could put my things on and everything got wet. My friends and I made the reservation at the same time and we couldn't stay in the same bedroom and when I tried to talk to the recepcionist (a man) he was rude when he gave me the answer. The only thing good about the hostel is the location

It would be nice to have a chair or a table and the clothes-stand in the room.

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Latvia

The hostel is currently undergoing renovation and really needs it. Nearly all facilities including toilets, bathrooms etc. were worn down and looked really rubbish. Furthermore the beds were quite short. I'm 1,83m and I was hitting the frame at both ends. Can't recommend this hostel unless completion of entire renovation.

Firstly- the staff on the desk look like they just walked out of a funeral. The girl serving me had terrible customer service. Like as though she was doing me a favour. The Hostel overall looks run down. Like a prison. The room looks like it is falling apart, the toilets stank, the shower stank, the kitchen even stank. The energies are dull & it's full of long term junkies. On top of that they have the nerve to charge 2 pounds for one hour of slow wifi. There is nothing good about this hostel.

The beds are oke but its really dirty and the room smells badly. The toilet and shower were very very dirty. But it's a cheap hostel on a nice location. I didn't wanna stay more than one night.

• 7th Mar 2014

I would NEVER go back!Staff is very rude, you can only pay in cashand a 10 pounds key deposit, too much stairs and doors that you stay confused, very old and dirty. The rooms are terible, the sheets are dirty, do´t even give a duvet cover and the staff assumed that the give sheets to cover ourselfs since they don´t clean the duvet cover. Need to pay for wifi and even if you pay the wifi dos not work in the room. Only good is location, but The Gallery is in the same street and it´s very good!

EVERYONE BE WARN!! There are very many thieves in the hostel, if you leave your mobile phone and turn round by the time you turn back it is gone and the staffs will do nothing to help you. 21 bed and 24 bed hostel look like second world war concentration camp. maybe this hostel is preparing for third world war concentration camp in London.

I think that the hostels location is absolutely fantastic, Hyde Park is no more than 30 seconds walk if that which is great, the hostel itself is ok, I little bit run down and could do with some money being spent on it to brighten it up , the one think that I found a little unusual is that the rooms don't have any lockers in them and I have been staying in hostels for years and I have never seen a dorm without lockers plus the wifi is extortionately priced but in the whole it's ok..

The 24 bed hostel look like the Hitler concentration camp.

It's horrible.. but I think it's worth for 13 pounds.

• 20th Feb 2014
  • Mexico

In many people rooms should be some chairs

• 18th Feb 2014
  • Estonia

The staff is very rude with the guests. Everything are dirty

• 12th Feb 2014
  • Spain

You will attract more clients if your facility is wifi-free!

Excellent location and price. However, the clientele was rather odd with less young tourists and more old long term guests. Dorms are as expected but showers had no hot water. Towels are 5 £, adapter 3 £ and lockers 2 £/bag. A small breakfast is included.

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Sweden

not enough showers for women in particular, toilets sometimes dirty, some drug dealing in dorms. Lots of thefts of phones etc.

This was my first time staying at a hostel. Despite some lower reviews, I choose it because of its location and price. When we arrived, I tried not to laugh because it reminded me of a World War II concentration camp. Throughout the night, the ladies would come in and out, continuously turning the lights on and off. Our sheets were not cleaned well, and there wasn't a duvet for the comforter so i tried not to touch it. The floor was dirty and the women's bathroom was nailed shut.