Hyde Park Hostel Reviews

2-4-6 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

2082 Total Reviews

Wouldn't stay there again. So many people there who love in the hostel and are quite old. If you're young, definitely don't stay here, was a bit of a nightmare. One plus though was that the staff were accommodating when we needed to change rooms

The worst hostel I've been... A lot of noise, bad service , :(

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

the rooms are ok, the showers are quite dirty, the breakfast was bad but enough, overall for 10 pounds it was really ok

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Chile

No wifi was a big issue for me. Paid 1 pound an hour for wifi but only works in lobby. Location is not all its cracked up to be. Too expensive of an area with no affordable pubs locally. No television provided by hostel anywhere on premises. They charge 2 pound a day for storage rather give you lockers and supply your own lock. No decent common area. Bad atmosphere in hostel. Avoid! Better to go out further like somewhere out by Kilburn

• 11th Jun 2014

They don't have a lot of plugs in the room and have on emergency light in front of the bed, so its terrible to sleep.

Poor arrangement for breakfast. Shower has no heater on with only 1 shower room and 1 toilet for 2 rooms of 18 beds each.

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

This building really needs to be renovated!

I stayed your hostel for a couple of weeks. First when I booked online some of friends invited me they're home. So I change my booking at the reception. They didn't give back to me my deposit. Last time without warning me they took key's money cause the receptionist said that I gave him to key later than 10:00 am. I'm not satisfied your staf behaviour, they're rude. Even you don't have any problem with them they don't smile or aproach to people for help.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Turkey

the male workers are awful,it seems like they are making you a favour hosting you there.very dirty the toilets and the floors in the rooms.perfect position close to the metro.

Beds and dorm were okay, a but dusty, but I slept pretty well. The bathroom was pretty disgusting, I didn't feel comfortable to take a shower or go to the toilet. Also pretty annoying that there wasn't a lounge or somewhere you could just relax for a moment, the only thing that resembled a common room, was the breakfast room, but the chairs there weren't very comfortable. I suspect that there were homeless people staying here. There was a very peculiar women staying in our dorm, who scared us.

• 27th May 2014

In two years of traveling around the world and staying in numerous hostels, this one is the worst I've stayed in! The staff are very very rude, the building is in a totally dilapidated state, the toilets and showers are so disgusting I couldn't bring myself to use them. Also, no lockers in the rooms, no free WiFi. You are better sleeping in the park on a bench than staying in this shabby doss house.

I've stayed in hostels all over the world and this was by far the worst.The staff are the main reason!There English is very limited which was frustrating and manors are non existent.As for the hostel itself the whole building could do with a paint at the very least.As someone from the UK I was embarrassed that most of the people staying in the hostel where foreign.Our country is better than this and they shouldn't have to stay in hostels of this quality.I believe it reflects badly on our country

• 24th May 2014

As soon as I entered it seemed that it is not a welcoming place, especially with the receptionists "service"! I thought I was during the filming of 'World War Z' when I was seeing the guests at the hostel... unfortunately it was reality haha! Anyway not suggested, especially for over a week cos you'll end up speaking to yourself like some people I have seen in there!

The Hostel doesn't accept credit card, but in the Hostelworld site says that they accept. The Hostel doesn't have wifi e the kitchen was awful, and every time I was mAde my food, I had to go until the reception ask for dishes. The workers never know anything that we ask for.

positive marks: perfect position, low prices, kitchen open 24 hours, so we could cook uor meals. my friends and I didn't have big problems during our staying. BUT: rooms weren't very clean, and so the kitchen. Two things I didn't like at all were a) internet wasn't free (in the nearer hostel it was) and b)safety boxes were available for 2£ per day. I think these two services should be free, in every Hostel.

• 13th May 2014

I think it is so expensive for lousy and dirty rooms. I've never seen cleaning staff in my room after people's leaving :(

• 9th May 2014
  • South Korea

They should smile. There must be a free secure box for each room. Let the wifi be free..

• 8th May 2014

i loved the place! I did trip off the step in the hall way and hurt my leg and hip though. i was given help and unfortunately i had to stay much shorter than i wanted to, but overall i loved the staff the breakfast and the atmosphere, very pleased.

• 6th May 2014

The staff was very rude. There was mold in the showers and no sinks in the bathrooms.

• 6th May 2014
  • Sweden

The location is pretty good near Hyde park and two subway stations. Nevertheless, we took a 4 bed room with a private bathroom which turned out to be only a sink!! We had to pay for storing our lugage in a room on the last day ( £2)!! The shared bathroom was very dirty and moist, there was no evacuation in half of the showers and the toilets were not great either. On the plus side, the room was quite spatious.