Hyde Park Hostel Reviews

2-4-6 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

1985 Total Reviews

It's horrible.. but I think it's worth for 13 pounds.

• 20th Feb 2014
  • Mexico

In many people rooms should be some chairs

• 18th Feb 2014
  • Estonia

The staff is very rude with the guests. Everything are dirty

• 12th Feb 2014
  • Spain

You will attract more clients if your facility is wifi-free!

Excellent location and price. However, the clientele was rather odd with less young tourists and more old long term guests. Dorms are as expected but showers had no hot water. Towels are 5 £, adapter 3 £ and lockers 2 £/bag. A small breakfast is included.

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Sweden

not enough showers for women in particular, toilets sometimes dirty, some drug dealing in dorms. Lots of thefts of phones etc.

This was my first time staying at a hostel. Despite some lower reviews, I choose it because of its location and price. When we arrived, I tried not to laugh because it reminded me of a World War II concentration camp. Throughout the night, the ladies would come in and out, continuously turning the lights on and off. Our sheets were not cleaned well, and there wasn't a duvet for the comforter so i tried not to touch it. The floor was dirty and the women's bathroom was nailed shut.

The staff was HORRIBLE. Very rude

• 31st Jan 2014

I have been traveling for more than half a year and so I have been in a lot of hostel. But this was definitely the worst.

It was like a lager! Impossible to stay here too much..

Looks like a mental hospital. Don't go there unless you REALLY can't afford anything else. Some guests are even dangerous!! But very clean. Congratulations to the girls who clean the building!

everithing ok

It worth your money but the breakfast es very basic(bread, jam, butter, coffee and tea), if you dont mind everything else is good,

The guy at reception wasn't helpful and didn't tell me anything. He wasn't rude, he just wasn't helpful. It's location is excellent, a short walk from town, or to a tube station if you want one. Internet is not free which is always annoying.

Horrible atmosphere with staffs that didn't even introduce me and my friend to the hostel. since we got there, they were not definitely the most polite people. The showers are not good as well. Did not fell confortable at all.

Great location. Good access to buses into central London. The place is great for a short weekend stay. The rooms are clean. The night staff is a waste of time. Make sure you save your questions for the day staff. You can access the internet for a short time at a small charge of 1 GBP.

• Peru

Charging for keeping your bags after checkout? Seriously? The most absurd thing is charging for wifi though, that region has so many hostels and hotels that choosing this one is not reasonable!

• 31st Dec 2013

My biggest concern is that there is absolutely no space to place personal belongings. As such, everyone is forced to place their belongings on the floor in the middle of the room. The floor of the room was covered in shoes, backpacks, cellphones, watches, and even wallets. This makes the room look extremely messy.

• Spain

You get what you pay for. It's cheap for a reason.

• 30th Dec 2013

I was quite terrified after reading the reviews before my stay.Most of the reviews are unfavourable.However,I found out it wasn't that case when I entered to the hostel. In term of cleanliness,I think they did a brilliant job.We got our new bed sheets from reception instead of bed sheets that already laid on the bed which you will never know it is clean or not.I am not sure whether it is because they improved themselves after complaints but I am quite satisfied with my stay.