Hyde Park Hostel Reviews

2-4-6 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

1927 Total Reviews

The location was really good but I wa appalled at the conditions of the shower rooms, especially the foul smell. The compartments under the bunk beds were mostly damaged and are not secured with any type of lock at all! The bedsheets were dirty as well.

• 24th Dec 2013
  • Malaysia
  • All Male Group, 18-24

No wifi. No comfortable tv room. No cutlery, pans, plates or bowls. Great location near 2 tubes stops. You have to pay cash as no cards accepted which is very odd and suspicious. Also no wi-fi or nice chill out room gives this hostel a bad feeling and was so glad to have left after 2 nights. Stay in a nicer more expensive hostel. Do not stay here if you are a tourist or backpacker.

I was surprised when I found some mushrooms in the common shower, they were really big so it means that they been there for long time. I also have pictures of them so if you like I could send without any problem.

• 7th Dec 2013

Just be very aware of what you are signing up for, as not everything is as stated on the website. Slow wifi is a paid service, and free breakfast also includes a deposit on the dishes (are you kidding me? wow.) there is a ten pound key deposit, and they only accept cash, regardless of what they say online. It is the dirtiest hostel I've ever been in, and if you plan on showering I hope you can hold your breath because the bathroom I had to used was covered in mold and smelled of old ham.

I stayed here for 2 nights, the costs being really small...the location is excellent, next to Hyde Park and near the tube station right in zone 0, it's excellent. I stayed in a 10 bed female room and it was ok, just don't leave your money in the room and sleep with your wallet under the blanket. The staff was ok, not very friendly but not rude either. The only thing unpleasant was that the shower on my floor was out of order the whole time I stayed there and that's annoying.

• 28th Nov 2013
  • Romania

I have stayed in many hostels in my time and this is by far the worst. The only thing going for it is its location. Everything else is horrid.

• 25th Nov 2013

Been to this hostel 4 days in 09/2013 and had to experience bites of bed buggs & other creatures. You do not notice the bites the following day - and may also think of moscitos at first. Right now, after 10 weeks, some of the deep wounds are still healing - the scars are horrible and very visible - my dermatologist told me this will not change for up to a year. The most ugly thing is, that - looking back - I am 95% sure that the staff had known about the situation - bed buggs & other creatures.

Dirty showers and no mirror in our room. The blankets were dirty as well.

• 16th Nov 2013
  • Sweden

Staff not very kind, rooms big, dirty, smelly sheets, showers and toilets are horribble, weird animals roaming everywhere...

• 11th Nov 2013
  • Slovenia

3 people been robbed in 2 days and the management didn't care at all.

• 10th Nov 2013

It was a very bad experience of my life staying in that hostel. Security wise.......its very bad. They have thieves staying in that hostel just waiting to still from others. They stole one of the guy's mobile phone we were sharing room with. And its even make things worse coz the was on the bad with his phone connected to his laptop. With a blink of an eye the phone was gone.

Disgusting facilities. Unhelpful, rude staff. Disgusting breakfast. Disgusting beds with used sheets. Terrible area, harassed by men on the street every time I left the hostel, not safe for women at all. The worst place I have ever stayed in my life.

It was a nice place once, one day i wanted to shower and guess what: Cold water only and...falling from the ceiling. Yes it was rain water coming down. Toilets always stuffed out with paper, out of order. Frequent Robberies to unaware guests in the Rooms. Holes on walls. No free wireless internet. Have to pay high deposit fee to use kitchen utensilies. Frequent room disturbance and strange people around. They dare to ask 25 Pounds for a bed! Cheaper Hotels! The place´s falling apart.

There were not enough restrooms for the amount of people per floor and in addition the restrooms were in horrible condition, some toilets not even functioning.

• 8th Nov 2013

The people who works at the front desk are really sad... never smiling. All the structure need to be renewed. All looks old, very used and you don't have the impression it's a clean place.

I only stayed there for one night, and then another later. It is not a bad place but not particularly outstanding either. Staff were rather indifferent, too formal for my taste, and the atmosphere was bland to say the least. Facilities were average, the triple bunks were quite stable. The location is very central and I would definitely recommend staying there if you were making a short trip to London for sightseeing purposes, but not if you want something more, such as socializing.

• 7th Nov 2013
  • Iceland

There are as many rats living in the building as there are people sleeping there.

• 5th Nov 2013

Good staff; nice people..me and my friends love these place....is georgeous!

I stayed for one night. It was overpriced for what they offer: no breakfast, no free wifi, no free towels. I'm not typically too picky as a traveler but the bathrooms were so dirty I chose to go elsewhere. It's fine if you need to stay for one night but I wouldn't have stayed any longer than I did.

Staff was very poor. They were unfriendly, quite rude at times... When we arrived in our dorm, there were no numbers on the beds and even the ones that were free still had linnen on them. So there was no way you could tell which bed was yours... Staff just said there were 2 beds free and we should guess basically. Luckily we arrived around 10pm, so most of the other folks were still up and we could ask them for help. If you arrive during the night, expect it to be difficult to find your bed!

• 1st Nov 2013