Hyde Park Hostel Reviews

2-4-6 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

2060 Total Reviews

Staff did not have a sense of service, a couple of times I asked for reccomendations and they told me to look them over the internet, that btw, was not free. All the facilities are old and the place looks dirty, the showers had some mushrooms growing on the walls and the beds were fragile (there was a broken ladder to a bed in my room). For me also the feeling of being in a hostel is to discover the city in a different way, I didn't feel this in this hostel, it was just as a very bad hotel.

• 19th Apr 2014
  • Mexico
  • All Male Group, 25-30

was the worst hostel I been on London, the bathroom and the shower were dirty at the top, leaks when it rains, nor for tourist is just for people who works in the city. Fue el peor hotel que he estado en Londres, el baño y la ducha estaban sucias hasta el tope, hay goteras cuando llueve, no es un hostel para turistas es solo para personas que trabaja en la ciudad, por otra parte la ubicacion es excelente lo que puede compensar lo malo del hostel, sin WIFI, 1£ la hora

The hostel was very poor in hygiene(bathroom, shower room, bedroom, kitchen). In my opinion the atmosphere was not really comfortable inside the building, because of the poor looks. I think it was not worth the money I spent to it.

• 19th Apr 2014

It was okay. But wifi was not free, towel was not free.. Staff was rude!:(

The hostel is disgusting, the room smells bad, the staff people were rude, the showers are terrible (had pubic hairs on all parts). Someone stole my key and I still had to pay for it. The only thing that saves is the location. However, I'll never return.

Horrible experience, stuff is totally unpolite and igrnorant, there are no house rules, people going in and out of the room all the time, noone cares who they are, switching on an off lights and talking all nights, staff totally ignorant about everything saying that it is hostel ....i have been travelling all over the world but never had so bad experience with any hostel in the world. You have no place where to put your luggage, forget about lockers, they ruined my holidays!!

A more friendly staff would have been a good thing.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

It's a great hostel to stay with a central location

• 12th Apr 2014
  • India

The facilities were in bad state and the staff had grumpy faces glued on their heads!

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Slovenia

There's not enough sockets in the 21 bed dorms and maybe put in lockers? Otherwise it's a cheap and safe place to stay. It's riugh around the edges but it's good for a short term stays.

VALUE FOR MONEY.

• 8th Apr 2014

Good race relationship /staffs vs. guest

Less friendly staff ever

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Spain

I cancelled my reservation after learning of the low customer review ratings and comments. We did not feel we would be safe or find this hostel clean based on the reviews. The only positive seemed to be the location. The other hostels we stayed at in Dublin and Glasgow were clean and safe.

• 5th Apr 2014

It's the worst hostel ever, it's falling apart it's dirty don't stay there !

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

Overall, this was a decent value for your money. The location is fantastic and SUPER easy to get to. Our room was a little cluttered, but honestly, that's hostel life. The only real complaint I would have was that our room happened to share a wall with the main entry, so we heard the door banging shut all night as well as people out on the porch talking. It was a bit hard for my mom to sleep through it. Otherwise, everything was great. Staff was very pleasant and had everything we needed.

• 4th Apr 2014

Do not stay at this hostel!!! Its an absolute s*****t hole!! I rather be in a jail than stay at this place again. Never seen a hostel where u have to pay a deposit to use plated and cutlery. Sooo dirty to the extent to refuse to have a shower and check out after only 25 minutes. I was sent to a cash point to pay for the stay as they did nt accept cards in 2014!! Rating - 50 !!!

• 2nd Apr 2014

many steals of phones, cameras, laptops, and value owning it is the cheapest so the worst people ends here, its near notting hill and 100 metres of bayswater station so the location is good, look like old and room keepers clean a lot but bad people bad education so the kitchen in general is dirty, toilets too, and the most of the showers are not working or in bad lookind statement, staff average, except manager who is so unkind, for 10 pound more per week you find much better places.

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Spain

Great location!Lovely staff!Cool atmosphere!

Worst hostel I've ever been to. On the first night valuables were stolen from out of the bunkbeds, staff was very unhelpful after it happened. Not many showers or bathrooms and not well cleaned. Everything in a bad state. Don't go here!

• 29th Mar 2014