Hyde Park Hostel Reviews

2-4-6 Inverness Terrace, Bayswater, London, England

1936 Total Reviews

this hostel is easy going

While I was there, a costumer's laptop was robbed in my room. This is the first Hostel I've been in Europe that don't have a locker inside the rooms for the costumers. If you want to keep something safe you'll have to pay 2 pounds per day at the reception. The room for 18 people is the same size as my single room in Brazil. It's so small that it needs a triple bed and we need to climb around 3 meters to sleep. We stayed at the ground floor in the summer and the warm inside the room was awful.

• 18th Jul 2014

The hostel was very dirty and espacially the showers!!!

• 17th Jul 2014

The staff were terrible I would not stay here again , the beds were small and uncomfortable and the people staying there would sit around and didn't seem to interact with each other

Totally unsafe. Filthy & unfriendly.

The most important thing for my person is this that I booked two additional nights day before my leaving with insurance if I'd like to cancel my reservation . But in the morning I found other place to sleep and when I came to the main reception this nice gentleman tell's me that if I make reservation and not cancel this 24 h before my accommodate then your hotel will charged me for one night . But why, I special took insurance to avoid this situation . And now I loose £17,83 + £4 insurance fee .

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Poland

Average Hostel but very well located

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! This is the most vile place I've ever been We actually caught the cleaner with the mop in the toilet bowl flushing the toilet on it (vomits) THATS REVOLTING! Rude staff £25 per night for indented beds which you make urself No wifi Basically no power points! Lucky for the hot bits in ur shower which is also disgusting This place is not for travellers, as all u really want is a shower, bed, wifi, and to charge ur phone/camera It's not even that close to anywhere!

Sehr unfreundliches und lustloses Personal, zu wenige Steckdosen

• 10th Jul 2014

I slept in many Hostels in Europa but the Hyde Park Hostel was the worst I ever have been in my life. Very dirty, unfriendly stuff and you even need to pay to have a safe place for your personal belongings. Just crazy. I also talk with other people from the Hostel and they all shared similar storys to my one. I would never reccommend this Hostel in my life!

• 10th Jul 2014

After seeing a lot of bad Reviews for this hostel I wasn't expecting much. So considering this I was positively surprised. Being a family of five and going to London for five Days on a short notice there wasn't much available to a decent price. So we booked six beds in a 6-bed room. The room was clean and the beds were ok, there was no complaints. The staff were friendly to us. Overall, the building and the facilities are very worn and anybody expecting normal standard should go elsewhere.

Best hostel i have stayed in.

Solange man nicht all zu hohe Ansprüche hat,ist das Hostel optimal für eine Städtetour in London. Die Ausstattung im Zimmer selbst ist beschränkt auf das Nötigste(Bett und Waschbecken). Die Duschen sind akzeptabel,dafür sind die Toiletten einwandfrei.

• 7th Jul 2014

The staff was not very attentive and kind of cold. There isn't good shower room and there isn't mirror in any of the toilets. The Wi-fi is only available at a cost.

• China

1) The space from the architectural view is a MESS. Too many stairs and corridors, too less signaling. It was hard finding the bathrooms and the showers. Not to mention that the place is NOT ACCESSIBLE for elderly and disabled people. 2) The staff is incredibly rude. When I asked for help finding the light switch of my room, the person who helped me said I needed to "exercise my brain" (he said it more than one time) and made faces like I was dumb. Little detail: the switch was BEHIND THE BED

• 7th Jul 2014

Je voyage beaucoup et je vais essentiellement dans des auberges et j'ai même fait des auberges moins chères à Londres, mais je n'ai jamais vu une auberge aussi sale que celle ci... Tout était insalubre (et le mot est faible). Toilettes remplis de caca et de pipi par terre, douche puante et extrêmement sale. La fenêtre de notre chambre était tellement pourrie qu'on ne pouvait plus la fermer! Seuls les draps étaient propres! N'y allez surtout pas!!!!

• 5th Jul 2014

The room didn't seem to have a light, a couple do Japanese lads had robbed all the sockets in the room and it was like a sauna at night but having the worldy spanish bird on reception more than made up for it. Can you pass my number to her?

• 5th Jul 2014

Possibly the scruffyest hostel I've ever stayed in worldwide! It just had a really funny feeling about the place. No lockers in the rooms. Stayed in a 4 man room which felt like a cell. Wouldn't stay again

Horribly unfriendly and rude staff! Disgusting showers and bathrooms. Not worth your money, spend more and stay somewhere else.

• 4th Jul 2014

Very dirty. Staff unfriendly. Terrible value for your money.

• 4th Jul 2014