IHSP Chicago Hostel at Damen CTA Reviews

1616 N. Damen Ave, CTA Blue Line, Chicago, USA

Really great hostel. The free coffee and pancakes for breakfast were a lovely touch. Couldn't top the location, great area with loads of excellent places to get coffee and brunch and anything else you might wanna eat or drink. Also super accessible transport-wise. Definitely would recommend.

• 25th Jul 2015

Stayed over for 3 nights and it was totally awesome. Located right where all The bars are and the rooftop area was super cool as you can see the skyline. Everyone was really nice and staff are as helpful as can be- even joined us on a bar crawl! Great hostel, a definite must of you're in Chicago!

This hostel has a great location, right in the center of so many bars and places to eat in Wicker Park. It is also very close to the Blue line to the airport. The hostel was clean with good rooms, bathrooms and kitchen. The staff were not very helpful and absent at times, making me feel a little uncertain about my safety as well as not having questions answered. They do not really have any social events but the roof top is so fun, you meet great people there! Overall, its a good hostel.

Room for improvement: Unmotivated staff, lockers adequate only for smaller lugage size, packed dormitory, no self control of air condition in the rooms (turned off during the night, starts at 7 a.m. and wakes everybody up), enough facilities but only average cleanliness, low water pressure and sometimes not hot water in the shower Good things: location

Great stay! Always meet people while I'm there. I Stay there whenever I'm in town for work!

Had a blast thanks

• 17th Jul 2015

Road tripping across the country, and was looking for a fun place to stay, and meet great people, here we found just that! Awesome location, people, and atmosphere, you don't want to miss the nightly rooftop action! Staff was wonderful, with Kevin always going above and beyond with everything we needed!

Fabulous in every way. I loved the coffee and the rooftop terrace. Staff could not be more helpful. Highly recommended

Great location and friendly staff! I will go back in a couple of days and wrap up my trip from there!

• 14th Jul 2015
  • China

Great roof deck and atmosphere. Good community. Kevin was cool too I guess

This was one of the first hostels on our trip and it set the bar very high! The hostel was clean and the facilities were excellent. Breakfast and coffee were also very good (they had a starbucks machine which was quality). The only negative I would say is at times (not always and not all of them) some of the staff were not overly helpful and a little rude, but they could have been having a bad day and it was nothing major! All in all a fantastic hostel and I would absolutely go back again

Good free towels, kitchen, rooftop, free pool table and other in house activites Bad - No 24/7 reception which is unacceptable for $40 let alone $65 a night, poor security as I was let in by a guest who also let in 3 non-guests at the same time Business like check in after ineffeciient night time system Breakfast was awful as expected Asked me to rate 100% which is pathetic Atmosphere was awful despite it being 4th July, staff had little idea what to recommend. Beds are small and awkward

Amazing hostel! Great location, awesome staff and very fun! Great rooftop! Pub crawl was awesome!!

• 27th Jun 2015

Closing of common area at night did not happen on time. Room was very cold and noisy. Room could not be made dark. TV in room did not work properly.

The location was perfect and we really loved the neighborhood. It was always clean and we had good pancakes for breakfast! We had a lot of fun with Kevin at the reception showing him a few Celine Dion's french songs :) But we had to listen to Shania Twain in return! I would definitly recommand this hostel to anyone :) Thank you!

• 23rd Jun 2015

Some off the negative coments i read before visiting the hostel i though were un fair it was a great sty inevery aspect

Really great location, awesome people, cool building, and a fun place to stay. The rooftop patio is awesome! The staff is really helpful and casual, really inviting- Kevin helped me personally, but they're all so nice. Definitely recommend to any lone or group travelers!!

• 18th Jun 2015

Cool hostel in a good location, staff were very friendly and always happy to help out with anything they could. Has a rooftop deck which is nice and generally had a good vibe about the place, would come back! Also the Starbucks coffee machine was great!

Awesome stay! Friendly staff and a great atmosphere to meet people when your traveling alone. I will definitely be back next in Chicago!

My favourite hostel I've ever stayed in! Clean, great friendly staff, awesome Starbucks coffee (so much better than free instant), roof top patio, amazing location.....I don't have a bad thing to say about this place. Great party hostel. Only spent one night and wish I could've stayed much longer - I'll be back!

« first « Prev 1 2 3