IHSP Chicago Hostel at Damen CTA Reviews

1616 N. Damen Ave, CTA Blue Line, Chicago, USA

Location was great, it was always clean and really easy access with the room cards.

• 16th Mar 2015

This hostel is in a great location with great staff. The only thing is that the furniture is kinda outdated, which means the metal bunk beds are really noisy and also the overall hostel needs to be updated. We stayed on the second floor which was loud during the night due to the location right close to the bathroom area as well as the kitchen and meeting room. Also I did not like that boys and girls are sharing the same toilets and showers. But overall the location and the staff are great.

• 13th Mar 2015

Thought the hostel was fantastic

• 10th Mar 2015

I booked a female dorm at IHSP. I checked in at 9pm and the guy at the desk told me there would just be one other person checking in later that night. At 11:30, my roommate showed up and it turned out that it was a guy. I wasn't about to stay with one random guy so they had to move me to another room. Thankfully they had one, or it could have been a really uncomfortable night. Other than that the rest of the place was pretty average. Decent neighborhood, super close to the L. Terrible internet.

• 9th Mar 2015

Firstly I would like to say that the hostel is very cozy. I had a good time there, good breakfast and it was absolutely clean and warm, If I came back to Chicago, I would definitely stay at this hostal again.

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • Mexico

This hostel was perfect. The staff was flexible with some changes we had to make, and they were also super knowledgeable about the area. The hostel itself was very clean and had an awesome chill atmosphere. The terrace was sweet, and there was plenty to do within walking distance. Also, its vicinity to the CTS stop was great. Above all else, the charming, dark-haired lady who greeted us was an absolute babe. Yup, I'm talking about you. Thanks for the great experience amigos.

• 22nd Feb 2015

I had a great time there. Nothing to complain about. For sure will come back whenever I visit Chicago. The hostel is very close to CTA station and great restaurants nearby.

Many of the sinks did not work! I had to use a shower just to wash my hands because I couldn't find a functioning sink. Other than this though, I enjoyed my stay. It was a great price, good location, and the staff were all very nice and friendly.

• 14th Feb 2015

Wicker Park was a wonderful place to stay! The hostel has a great location by the Walgreen's and the Damen Blue Line stop. Be prepared for pancakes every single morning though.

• 13th Feb 2015

This was my first time in a hostel. I was nervous at first, but once I arrived, the staff greeted me with kindness. I have to say this has been far the best trip I have taken. I will recommend this to anyone looking for a hostel.

• 6th Feb 2015

Every staff member I met and talked to was very friendly and engaged in conversation. Dan was super chill, Kevin was lots of fun and joked around in the most welcoming way, and Jessica was sweet and hospitable. Also, the ambiance of IHSP facilitated hanging out and talking.

• 6th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Excellent location and great staff. Sam, Kevin and Daniel were very helpful and nice.

It's in a really cool area with nice shops/restaurants/coffee places around, right next to the underground and a 24hr Walgreens . They provide a good breakfast, plus decent coffee all day. Clean, warm (even in the midst of the blizard), and really helpful staff (a special mention to Sam!)

Everything above what I expected: Nice neighborhood, clean, good staff and atmosphere!

• 25th Jan 2015
  • Chile

The hostel itself was clean and well located, but we did not sleep very well because of the noise and light from the the corridor nexto to the room.

one of the very best hostels to stay, the best part was its location just a minute walk from cta blue line and neighbourhood pretty awesome. v all felt like joint family, however everyday breakfast was just the same pan cakes, so fr extended stay it may get bored for the naive, unforgettable moments were on the terrace...all v did was yell through the nite..!

Second night when I was at up-seat bed in 4 beds dorm, it's too hot I couldn't sleep whole night, and it was very cold outside window. Hope they can do some adjustments and move away position of bed.

Favorite Employee: Wyatt

I've stayed in many hostels in Europe and in the U.S. and this was def one of the best! Excellent location in a street full of bars, shops, and restaurants (didn't affect sleeping well at night though) and just a few meters from the subway going downtown. Loved the spacious common room in the hostel, I was traveling alone but met lots of cool people there! Enough showers and bathrooms, all of them very clean. It was just one of the staff who could have been a bit friendlier.

Everything was great next time I'm in Chicago im staying here the el is literally across the street you can go anywhere from the ihsp hostal and get there quick everyone who worked there was really accommodating and friendl

• 28th Dec 2014