IHSP Chicago Hostel at Damen CTA Reviews

1616 N. Damen Ave, CTA Blue Line, Chicago, USA

Great location, super friendly staff and amazing free coffee 24/7! The only recommendation I have is if you're big on sleep, get a smaller dorm. Overall great experience.

Fantastic place to stay, staff are greet and friendly. Only have postive things to say about this awesome place.

Very nice stay. The best things are the rooftop, the free pancakes with nutella for breakfast and the location near a lot of restaurants and bars.

• 2nd Apr 2015

The only thing I regret is that I didn't have more time to spend at the hostel.

Great location in the lively Wicker Park area. Train to downtown a 2 minute walk from the hostel. Very clean and nice facilities. Roof top area looks like it would be spectacular in the Summer. Not too keen on the room key, basically a four digit code that seems like it isn't changed too regularly. Someone getting a quick glance at my key card would have easy access to my room.

Simply amazing! We stayed for the weekend and had a great time at this hostel. We were five guys and had a private dorm including a spacious kitchen and a fridge. Everything was clean and the staff was always friendly and helpful. The metro station is a 2 minute walk away.

This is a great hostel in Chicago. Subway stop is right around the corner, there is a Wallgreens nearby and the neighborhood is very lively; lot of restaurants, party places, coffee hangouts. Furthermore, staff is super friendly and helpful, the facilities are great (a lot of great showers, toilets, etc.), safety is good. Beds are ok (plastic wrapped mattresses, which can get kind of sweaty when its warm). Overall; I would definitely recommend this hostel!

Location was great, it was always clean and really easy access with the room cards.

• 16th Mar 2015

This hostel is in a great location with great staff. The only thing is that the furniture is kinda outdated, which means the metal bunk beds are really noisy and also the overall hostel needs to be updated. We stayed on the second floor which was loud during the night due to the location right close to the bathroom area as well as the kitchen and meeting room. Also I did not like that boys and girls are sharing the same toilets and showers. But overall the location and the staff are great.

• 13th Mar 2015

Thought the hostel was fantastic

• 10th Mar 2015

I booked a female dorm at IHSP. I checked in at 9pm and the guy at the desk told me there would just be one other person checking in later that night. At 11:30, my roommate showed up and it turned out that it was a guy. I wasn't about to stay with one random guy so they had to move me to another room. Thankfully they had one, or it could have been a really uncomfortable night. Other than that the rest of the place was pretty average. Decent neighborhood, super close to the L. Terrible internet.

• 9th Mar 2015

Firstly I would like to say that the hostel is very cozy. I had a good time there, good breakfast and it was absolutely clean and warm, If I came back to Chicago, I would definitely stay at this hostal again.

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • Mexico

This hostel was perfect. The staff was flexible with some changes we had to make, and they were also super knowledgeable about the area. The hostel itself was very clean and had an awesome chill atmosphere. The terrace was sweet, and there was plenty to do within walking distance. Also, its vicinity to the CTS stop was great. Above all else, the charming, dark-haired lady who greeted us was an absolute babe. Yup, I'm talking about you. Thanks for the great experience amigos.

• 22nd Feb 2015

I had a great time there. Nothing to complain about. For sure will come back whenever I visit Chicago. The hostel is very close to CTA station and great restaurants nearby.

Many of the sinks did not work! I had to use a shower just to wash my hands because I couldn't find a functioning sink. Other than this though, I enjoyed my stay. It was a great price, good location, and the staff were all very nice and friendly.

• 14th Feb 2015

Wicker Park was a wonderful place to stay! The hostel has a great location by the Walgreen's and the Damen Blue Line stop. Be prepared for pancakes every single morning though.

• 13th Feb 2015

This was my first time in a hostel. I was nervous at first, but once I arrived, the staff greeted me with kindness. I have to say this has been far the best trip I have taken. I will recommend this to anyone looking for a hostel.

• 6th Feb 2015

Every staff member I met and talked to was very friendly and engaged in conversation. Dan was super chill, Kevin was lots of fun and joked around in the most welcoming way, and Jessica was sweet and hospitable. Also, the ambiance of IHSP facilitated hanging out and talking.

• 6th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Excellent location and great staff. Sam, Kevin and Daniel were very helpful and nice.

It's in a really cool area with nice shops/restaurants/coffee places around, right next to the underground and a 24hr Walgreens . They provide a good breakfast, plus decent coffee all day. Clean, warm (even in the midst of the blizard), and really helpful staff (a special mention to Sam!)

« first « Prev 1 2 3