Fabulous 1,224 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1,224 Total Reviews
IHSP Chicago Hostel at Damen CTA Located at 1616 N. Damen Ave, CTA Blue Line, Chicago.
USA
Chicago Illinois 60647 1616 N. Damen Ave, CTA Blue Line
89% 1224
41.9110482 -87.6776066
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 18-24
14th Apr 2016

The location of this hostel is literally perfect-- only a block away from the train and right in the heart of Wicker Park. The staff that I met while I was there were very friendly and helpful. If you are going to spend time in Wicker Park I definitely recommend that you stay in this hostel. It is an amazing location and very convenient way to lodge while traveling in Chicago!

• Germany, Male, 18-24
11th Apr 2016

The hostel was well equipped and easy to reach by the LTrain. Everything you need is right there. I had a nice stay. Breakfast was good but very sweet. I would recommend it.

• Antarctica, Male, 25-30
8th Apr 2016

Awesome location, directly in the middle of a night life area, and a subway stop. The staff is great too, they're all really friendly and helpful. The hostel itself is really cool too, prefect for meeting other travelers.

• jack21304
  • England, Male, 31-40
1st Apr 2016

This was my first American hostel experience and I was very impressed. IHSP has a decent sized common area and kitchen (with free make-your-own pancakes for breakfast), and a real gem of a rooftop patio that affords a decent view of the Chicago skyline to drink a beer to. The staff, in particular Sam & Mel, were very helpful, friendly and just generally cool people all round. They were full of useful recommendations about the local area (the very hip Wicker Park) and Chicago generally.

• yogeshgo
  • India, Male, 25-30
17th Mar 2016

IHSP is great vakue for money, situated adjacent to Damen cta makes life easy. Staff is ver friendly and cooperative. I enjoyed my 3 dat stay and live to visit again. Paola Mesa one of staff member, i got lot of assisatnce from.

• England, Female, 18-24
16th Mar 2016

Great hostel, awesome location near loads of restaurants, bars etc. and near the blue line CTA which can get you anywhere. Clean, nice kitchen/communal area, nice rooftop area to drink/smoke.

13th Mar 2016

I could not be happier with my stay at IHSP last night. My bed was comfy; I got my own bathroom to shower in like at home; there was a free coffee machine that ground the beans in front of you; and a dope deck on the roof that looked amazing for a barbecue. It's really too bad it was raining. And to top it all off - and probably the most important part of any hostel - is the guy at the desk, Sam, was super chill. Thanks for the great stay IHSP, I'll be back soon.

• Germany, Male, 18-24
10th Mar 2016

I had a great time in Chicago and one of the main reasons was because I stayed in this hostel. I can't think of how I'd improve the layout of the hostel, with the superb common room and roof deck with clear view of the Chicago skyline, to make the atmosphere more conducive to befriending the diverse range of travelers that pass through, because it's already optimal. The service and facilities were also faultless, from the free coffee to the highly accommodating staff (ask for Sam; he was great)

10th Mar 2016

Meg was extremely helpful with giving me tips of where to go and how to get around. Free pancakes and starbucks coffee was fantastic. Also, hanging out on the rooftop was amazing, it was a really enjoyable stay.

4th Mar 2016

Paola, thank you for checking in with me to verify when I would arrive. Sam, thank you for helping me check out early in the morning when I had to head to the airport. You both are awesome!