IHSP Chicago Hostel at Damen CTA Reviews

1616 N. Damen Ave, CTA Blue Line, Chicago, USA

Amazing hostel! Great location, awesome staff and very fun! Great rooftop! Pub crawl was awesome!!

• 27th Jun 2015

The location was perfect and we really loved the neighborhood. It was always clean and we had good pancakes for breakfast! We had a lot of fun with Kevin at the reception showing him a few Celine Dion's french songs :) But we had to listen to Shania Twain in return! I would definitly recommand this hostel to anyone :) Thank you!

• 23rd Jun 2015

Some off the negative coments i read before visiting the hostel i though were un fair it was a great sty inevery aspect

Really great location, awesome people, cool building, and a fun place to stay. The rooftop patio is awesome! The staff is really helpful and casual, really inviting- Kevin helped me personally, but they're all so nice. Definitely recommend to any lone or group travelers!!

• 18th Jun 2015

Cool hostel in a good location, staff were very friendly and always happy to help out with anything they could. Has a rooftop deck which is nice and generally had a good vibe about the place, would come back! Also the Starbucks coffee machine was great!

Awesome stay! Friendly staff and a great atmosphere to meet people when your traveling alone. I will definitely be back next in Chicago!

My favourite hostel I've ever stayed in! Clean, great friendly staff, awesome Starbucks coffee (so much better than free instant), roof top patio, amazing location.....I don't have a bad thing to say about this place. Great party hostel. Only spent one night and wish I could've stayed much longer - I'll be back!

Great staff! Fun atmosphere. Sam and Kevin did a good job making guests feel welcome.

• 30th May 2015

Excellent location - lots around and super close to the train station. Wonderful staff above all. The only downer for my stay was the bathroom setup.

I really enjoyed my stay at the Damen CTA Hostel because the facilities are clean and well maintained, the staff is laid back and friendly, and it is next to impossible to find a rooftop deck with a better view than the one here. It's a phenomenal location to spend your days or nights, and the bars, restaurants, and shopping in the area is so diverse that you'll have to come back more than once. I also want to thank Sam for helping out with breakfast and for being so welcoming.

As a 58 year old guest( there were'nt many nothers in my age range..Neveretheless fo the younger person the hostel is ideal..and popular and I could see everyone was enjoying their stay there...with lots of good self cooking facilites etc for those on a bugdet..etc.....used hostels for 40 yeatrs now...and still do...but its is a young pesrons game nowadyas....Reccmomend highly for the younger person.,.

I'm an exchange student from S. Korea and I go to UNR. The location was awesome because it took only 30~40 mins from airport. Also there is Walgreens near hostel it just 1mins distance. Attraction was very close by train, bus. I can't forget the IHSP's rooftop! It's really cool! I met all around the world friends. Staffs in the IHSP, they are awesome! awesome! they were very helpful and friendly!! I never met that cool staff like KEVIN, CORY and SAM before :) Thanks guys!! Especially,Ke..Kevin!

• 21st May 2015
  • South Korea

Staffs are nice and kind. Wonderful atmosphere, especially the rooftop, it's totally better than the others. Had a great weekend in Chicago with IHSP :) Thanks!

• 21st May 2015
  • South Korea

Great hostel. Nice staff and great location: 15 minutes to the loop in metro. The only thing I chance would be the mattress cause they are really old.

It was a very clean place it was a little room in the dorm rooms, so bring brezzy PJs!! The staff was super friendly and helpful. The building was awesome and in neat loction.

• 14th May 2015

Great hostel near the subway!

I am very pleased with how it all turned out. 1 The people, both guests and staff, were nice. 2 The room, hallway and restrooms were all clean and well cared for. The janitors do a great job. There was also NO bedbugs; thank you!! 3 Although there was a fair amount of foot traffic outside my room door there was no loud music, people yelling or any other bad behavior. 4 The way they set up the locks on the street entrance and the room door was essentially foolproof.

Hello! I have stayed at IHSP in Chicago three times now and each time has been a treat whether I have been alone or with a friend. :) the staff is always top notch, especially Dan!!! He is always so helpful and friendly. Every time I have been to the hostel he always wants to catch up with me and get to know other people, while at the same time making sure that everyone's stay is going well. Thank you so much Dan and IHSP for making all my time in Chicago so fun! :)

• 8th May 2015

Being in Wicker Park, I expected higher quality. Although, I guess I got what I paid for. We were so unnerved by the state of the bedding and bathroom facilities that we checked out an hour after we checked in. It was too dirty for us to stay. Maybe other college students aren't phased by such uncleanly conditions, but we certainly were.

• 26th Apr 2015

Coolest hostel in the U.S. The vibe of this place is amazing, the lay out of the hostel makes it really cool to hang out and meet people. Facilities are great, and so is the staff. Kevin and Dan are the coolest, funnest people. Free pancakes and Starbucks coffee for breakfast. And also, the location is amazing, wicker park it's a hip nice neighborhood with lots of bars and coffee shops. My favorite neighborhood in Chicago. COME TO THIS HOSTEL!!!!!!!!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3