IHSP Chicago Hostel at Damen CTA Reviews

1616 N. Damen Ave, CTA Blue Line, Chicago, USA

I loved my stay at this hostel. We had good times on the roof deck with it's amazing views of downtown. Wyatt checked me in and he was especially helpful with suggestion about things to do in the city. I would recommend to anyone staying in Chicago that ihsp is the way to go!!

• 16th Aug 2014

Paper thin walls. My room was right beside the showers so I was woken at 7 every morning by chatter, showering, and the sounds of a hair dryer. OTHER than that, it's a good hostel in a great location. Just make sure to bring ear plugs.

Wyatt was extremely helpful and overall, a fantastic hostel with a great location.

• 14th Aug 2014

This place is awesome - well located and people are really friendly. Wyatt checked me in and he was really helpful and dedicated : he organized a pub crawl that made the night ! I stayed some other places but nothing like that. I'll be back for sure !!

• 13th Aug 2014

This is a great hostel! My flight landed late so I didn't get to the hostel until 2am (reception is closed by then) but they emailed me the door code and a phone number to call once I got inside, and my sheets and a note were waiting for me at reception, so they made the process super easy thankfully! The location is awesome, very close to the train station and Wicker Park is great for eating out and shopping. The hostel has a sweet rooftop deck which is a major drawcard!

The staff were amazing and very helpful especially sam and dan!

Bathrooms were very dirty, no toilet paper. One toilet and sink were clogged the entire stay. Toilet had note on it about flushing it slowly... replace the toilet! Water was over all surfaces in the bathroom, making it impossible to set anything down. Noise from the hall was an issue. Bedrooms are very small and dirty. The entire place needs to be deep cleaned.

Dan and his brother are phenomenal staff who make the hostel extremely comfortable.

It was great hostel!!! I used one night when i arrived at Chicago for the first time. It was easy to move from the airport and I was happy to get the free transportatation fee. Also the staffs were so kind, thank you Sam! I will come back this hostel again because I felt comfortable to stay there. Thank you!

Great people, all of the staff,Sam Dan, Olivia, Wyatt, where all very helpful. This hostel has a great location in wi keep ark right by a el stop. Visiting Chicago there is no hostel I would rather go to.

• 7th Aug 2014

The hostel is in a good location, just 15 minutes to downtown. I loved the common area and laidback atmosphere. The room where I stayed was too hot, but comfy and clean. I would add one or two restrooms per floor, but overall it was a nice stay. Sam was very helpful during our vacation and check out!

The staff were super friendly and the people we met therr were lots of fun to hang out with. We had a lot of fun!

Very kind and helpful staff. I really enjoyed the stay!

I had a really fun time here. Don't have much experience with hostels, but if they are all like this, then yes please! Especially had fun partying on the roof deck and meeting people. The staff are really friendly and helpful too... special shout out to Olivia for helping me with my stay. Great vibes, good times.

• 28th Jul 2014

When booking a hostel in Chicago, our main goal was to save money, but we ended up getting so much more than that! Obviously it's not a 5-star hotel or anything, but it makes up for that with 5-star service, fun atmosphere, and great people to meet from all over the world. Yay for free pancakes every morn too!

• 28th Jul 2014

Very cool open feeling space, with somehow too an amazing sense of privacy. The staff was very kind and welcoming. In particular I want to thank Sam. This is the place to stay if you want the Chicago hostel experience.

The guy on the front desk made me feel so chill, and was happy to help at all hours. The roof too deck was awesome, you can see the city skyline while eating pizza and listening to music! The Only negative - my room was right by the kitchen/lounge where people played music and pool till quite late and were very loud! All though later on the staff did ask them to turn it down

Great hostel. Everything u can ever expect, great staff who will help u. Great common areas and a good location aswell.

Very cool hostel, awesome location.. the rooftop parties were an awesome place to meet people!

Fantastic downtown location with lots of bars and restaurants all around the hostel. The rooftop terrace was a great place to hang out all night, too. It got fairly noisy up there but is removed from the rooms so we weren't disturbing anyone. The communal showers and toilets that I saw were clean although it seemed like there were very often people locked in some of the bathrooms, I never had to queue. Transport is easy and convenient and the crowd at the hostel was nice.

• 14th Jul 2014