IHSP Chicago Hostel at Damen CTA Reviews

1616 N. Damen Ave, CTA Blue Line, Chicago, USA

As an American I did not feel very welcome, at least one staff member was quite cool toward me, and it seemed like from the start she was not thrilled to have me in the community as an American student instead of a foreigner.

The best hostel in Chicago by far! Brand new, located in the most effervescent neighborhoods in town (Wicker Park/Bucktown) for the indie/hipster crowd, very nice staff, soft beds and good facilities. Could have more bathrooms per floor, a newer sofa in the common room (man, that one is crumbling away) and eletrical outlets for all beds (everybody has cell phones to charge at night), but, all in all, a great experience. Definitely coming back!

The best U.S hostel I've stayed in. Good atmosphere, good location, easy to meet other traveler's and great facilities. Olivia on the front desk was really friendly and helpful and I'd definitely recommend this hostel. I also stayed in wrigley hostel. ISHP is much better!

The woman at the front desk was wonderful The location was great and we were quitecomfortable. People staying there like to party so be prepared for that.

• 12th Sep 2014

Although I checked in late I was checked into room that was not cleaned. Its bedding was crumpled and dirty, there was trash on the floor and the table. I had to wait for the attendant receptionist to tidy the room for me.

From the second we walked into the hostel and was greated by Wyatt we knew we made the right decision by staying at IHSP. We've stayed in hostels in over Europe and we'd say that IHSP is one of the best hostels to date. The staff is amazing, great location (24hr convenience store right next door, plenty of bars/restaurants/shops just steps away) and of course the highlight is the roof top deck over looking Chicago skyline equipped with BBQ, speakers and plenty of take space. We will be back!

• 31st Aug 2014

Big thank you to Wyatt and Dan, who have been very nice and really helpful ! The place is awesome, next to everything (bars, museum, beach etc.), well equiped (everything you need). Oh, and the rooftop is just a blast !

• 27th Aug 2014

Absolute perfect location for a hostel! Literally right next to a ton of bars and nightlife. Sam and Dan will let you know what to do in the city or if you have any questions!

• 26th Aug 2014

My flight was cancelled late on the night I was meant to arrive due to storms, so I had to call at 10pm and explain that I would be arriving the following day instead, and was very happy when Dan said he would not charge me for the first night. All the staff were amazing and friendly. The location was great; plenty of bars around and only a few stops from downtown. If I ever find myself back in Chicago I will definitely stay here again!

• 25th Aug 2014

I had such a great time at the hostel. It was clean all of the time;the kitchen is really cool; there is a 24 hour open store across the street. On the other hand, even when the hostel isn't nearby downtown area it is really easy to get there and it doesn't take too long at all by subway. The airport is kind of close as well. MY ESPECIAL THANKS TO WYATT FOR HAVING HELPED ME OUT WHILE STAYING AT IHSP HOSTEL. P.S: Whenever I get back to CHICAGO I will book at IHSP over again.

Absolutely loved our stay at the ihsp. A fantastic location in Wicker Park; we barely left the neighbourhood once we got there. There was always so much to do and the staff were overly helpful in telling us where to go. Special shoutout to Dan for letting us annoy him at the desk so much. Love the roof terrace.

• 24th Aug 2014

This hostel was awesome. I love the speaker on the roof deck and all the funny signs they have around. Wyatt checked us in and he we super nice!

• 21st Aug 2014

I had such a fun time! Once I arrived at the front desk I knew IHSP was the right choice for a fun and friendly hostel. Dan was very welcoming! Being a solo traveler, it is important to me that I have a relaxed and social atmosphere! I would recommend it to anyone who wants to meet people!

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Lithuania

Had an awesome time. Wyatt took us on a pub crawl that was awesome!

• 19th Aug 2014

I loved my stay at this hostel. We had good times on the roof deck with it's amazing views of downtown. Wyatt checked me in and he was especially helpful with suggestion about things to do in the city. I would recommend to anyone staying in Chicago that ihsp is the way to go!!

• 16th Aug 2014

I had the best time in Chicago and staying at the IHSP was the best choice I made. It's a really friendly and welcoming hostel in a brilliant location. The roof top terrace is amazing but above all the staff there made my experience unforgettable. Wyatt was extremely helpful and friendly and if I go back to Chicago I will definitely be staying here!

• 15th Aug 2014

Paper thin walls. My room was right beside the showers so I was woken at 7 every morning by chatter, showering, and the sounds of a hair dryer. OTHER than that, it's a good hostel in a great location. Just make sure to bring ear plugs.

Wyatt was extremely helpful and overall, a fantastic hostel with a great location.

• 14th Aug 2014

This place is awesome - well located and people are really friendly. Wyatt checked me in and he was really helpful and dedicated : he organized a pub crawl that made the night ! I stayed some other places but nothing like that. I'll be back for sure !!

• 13th Aug 2014

This is a great hostel! My flight landed late so I didn't get to the hostel until 2am (reception is closed by then) but they emailed me the door code and a phone number to call once I got inside, and my sheets and a note were waiting for me at reception, so they made the process super easy thankfully! The location is awesome, very close to the train station and Wicker Park is great for eating out and shopping. The hostel has a sweet rooftop deck which is a major drawcard!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4