IHSP Chicago Hostel at Damen CTA Reviews

1616 N. Damen Ave, CTA Blue Line, Chicago, USA

Great location and friendly staff! I will go back in a couple of days and wrap up my trip from there!

• 14th Jul 2015
  • China

This hostel is amazing. Stay here, if only for the really awesome environment and the rooftop.

Great roof deck and atmosphere. Good community. Kevin was cool too I guess

This was one of the first hostels on our trip and it set the bar very high! The hostel was clean and the facilities were excellent. Breakfast and coffee were also very good (they had a starbucks machine which was quality). The only negative I would say is at times (not always and not all of them) some of the staff were not overly helpful and a little rude, but they could have been having a bad day and it was nothing major! All in all a fantastic hostel and I would absolutely go back again

Good free towels, kitchen, rooftop, free pool table and other in house activites Bad - No 24/7 reception which is unacceptable for $40 let alone $65 a night, poor security as I was let in by a guest who also let in 3 non-guests at the same time Business like check in after ineffeciient night time system Breakfast was awful as expected Asked me to rate 100% which is pathetic Atmosphere was awful despite it being 4th July, staff had little idea what to recommend. Beds are small and awkward

Amazing hostel! Great location, awesome staff and very fun! Great rooftop! Pub crawl was awesome!!

• 27th Jun 2015

Closing of common area at night did not happen on time. Room was very cold and noisy. Room could not be made dark. TV in room did not work properly.

The location was perfect and we really loved the neighborhood. It was always clean and we had good pancakes for breakfast! We had a lot of fun with Kevin at the reception showing him a few Celine Dion's french songs :) But we had to listen to Shania Twain in return! I would definitly recommand this hostel to anyone :) Thank you!

• 23rd Jun 2015

Some off the negative coments i read before visiting the hostel i though were un fair it was a great sty inevery aspect

Really great location, awesome people, cool building, and a fun place to stay. The rooftop patio is awesome! The staff is really helpful and casual, really inviting- Kevin helped me personally, but they're all so nice. Definitely recommend to any lone or group travelers!!

• 18th Jun 2015

Cool hostel in a good location, staff were very friendly and always happy to help out with anything they could. Has a rooftop deck which is nice and generally had a good vibe about the place, would come back! Also the Starbucks coffee machine was great!

Awesome stay! Friendly staff and a great atmosphere to meet people when your traveling alone. I will definitely be back next in Chicago!

My favourite hostel I've ever stayed in! Clean, great friendly staff, awesome Starbucks coffee (so much better than free instant), roof top patio, amazing location.....I don't have a bad thing to say about this place. Great party hostel. Only spent one night and wish I could've stayed much longer - I'll be back!

Great staff! Fun atmosphere. Sam and Kevin did a good job making guests feel welcome.

• 30th May 2015

Excellent location - lots around and super close to the train station. Wonderful staff above all. The only downer for my stay was the bathroom setup.

I really enjoyed my stay at the Damen CTA Hostel because the facilities are clean and well maintained, the staff is laid back and friendly, and it is next to impossible to find a rooftop deck with a better view than the one here. It's a phenomenal location to spend your days or nights, and the bars, restaurants, and shopping in the area is so diverse that you'll have to come back more than once. I also want to thank Sam for helping out with breakfast and for being so welcoming.

As a 58 year old guest( there were'nt many nothers in my age range..Neveretheless fo the younger person the hostel is ideal..and popular and I could see everyone was enjoying their stay there...with lots of good self cooking facilites etc for those on a bugdet..etc.....used hostels for 40 yeatrs now...and still do...but its is a young pesrons game nowadyas....Reccmomend highly for the younger person.,.

I'm an exchange student from S. Korea and I go to UNR. The location was awesome because it took only 30~40 mins from airport. Also there is Walgreens near hostel it just 1mins distance. Attraction was very close by train, bus. I can't forget the IHSP's rooftop! It's really cool! I met all around the world friends. Staffs in the IHSP, they are awesome! awesome! they were very helpful and friendly!! I never met that cool staff like KEVIN, CORY and SAM before :) Thanks guys!! Especially,Ke..Kevin!

• 21st May 2015
  • South Korea

Staffs are nice and kind. Wonderful atmosphere, especially the rooftop, it's totally better than the others. Had a great weekend in Chicago with IHSP :) Thanks!

• 21st May 2015
  • South Korea

Great hostel. Nice staff and great location: 15 minutes to the loop in metro. The only thing I chance would be the mattress cause they are really old.