IHSP Chicago Hostel at Damen CTA Reviews

1616 N. Damen Ave, CTA Blue Line, Chicago, USA

Many of the sinks did not work! I had to use a shower just to wash my hands because I couldn't find a functioning sink. Other than this though, I enjoyed my stay. It was a great price, good location, and the staff were all very nice and friendly.

• 14th Feb 2015

Wicker Park was a wonderful place to stay! The hostel has a great location by the Walgreen's and the Damen Blue Line stop. Be prepared for pancakes every single morning though.

• 13th Feb 2015

This was my first time in a hostel. I was nervous at first, but once I arrived, the staff greeted me with kindness. I have to say this has been far the best trip I have taken. I will recommend this to anyone looking for a hostel.

Every staff member I met and talked to was very friendly and engaged in conversation. Dan was super chill, Kevin was lots of fun and joked around in the most welcoming way, and Jessica was sweet and hospitable. Also, the ambiance of IHSP facilitated hanging out and talking.

• 6th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Excellent location and great staff. Sam, Kevin and Daniel were very helpful and nice.

It's in a really cool area with nice shops/restaurants/coffee places around, right next to the underground and a 24hr Walgreens . They provide a good breakfast, plus decent coffee all day. Clean, warm (even in the midst of the blizard), and really helpful staff (a special mention to Sam!)

Everything above what I expected: Nice neighborhood, clean, good staff and atmosphere!

• 25th Jan 2015
  • Chile

The hostel itself was clean and well located, but we did not sleep very well because of the noise and light from the the corridor nexto to the room.

one of the very best hostels to stay, the best part was its location just a minute walk from cta blue line and neighbourhood pretty awesome. v all felt like joint family, however everyday breakfast was just the same pan cakes, so fr extended stay it may get bored for the naive, unforgettable moments were on the terrace...all v did was yell through the nite..!

Second night when I was at up-seat bed in 4 beds dorm, it's too hot I couldn't sleep whole night, and it was very cold outside window. Hope they can do some adjustments and move away position of bed.

1 2 3 Next » last »