IHSP Chicago Hostel at Damen CTA Reviews

1616 N. Damen Ave, CTA Blue Line, Chicago, USA

I have stayed in dorms pretty frequently and all I can say is IHSP gave me an excellent experience. It is very clean, pancakes for breakfast, towels are provided. Definitely worth the stay! Furthermore, the staff are excellent and friendly. It is located just about 10 minutes ride with the CTA to downtown and the surrounding neighborhood is very safe. Lastly, I want to thank Sam for the experience that I had during my check in and out. He is ever helpful.

• 22nd Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

Very good hostel! Less than 1 minute walk from the Damen CTA station which is very convenient. Very clean and quiet during the night and showers were also quite big surprisingly! Great internet and pancake/oatmeal breakfast was good. Highly recommend the rooftop deck also, great view during the day and especially in the night. Was nice to have a few beers looking out into the chicago skyline. Great Hostel!

The staff is really friendly, and let me feel I come back to home. If I visit Chicago again, I will choose IHSP without a doubt. Wyatt and Sam, thank you guys very much!!

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Taiwan

This hostel is awesome! Definitely one of the best hostels I've been to, or even THE best, and I've done many! The atmosphere is great, the people are great, the place is clean and nice and you don't need anything more! The neighborhood is also awesome!

• 17th Dec 2014

It was a nice clean hostel in a convenient location. The free breakfast was awesome. Probably not a great place to stay if you're looking for an early night - you can hear everything going on in the common room, and there were drunk people coming in and out of the room all night. Overall it was a great place and I would definitely stay here again!

This is the best hostel I've stayed in so far. The common area is big and comfy, with a nice kitchen and a sofa. What I thought was the most surprising, though, was the showers, which were really clean and have extra space built in where you can keep your clothes while you shower and where you can get changed. At the moment, the subway station is closed, but I just took bus 56, which probably takes a few minutes longer, but you get to see more.

The hostel was great! I really don't have any complaints about the hostel itself. I will say that the metro closest to the hostel was closed. It may now be open but if you don't have a lot of time in Chicago, that 30 min round trip to the next closest or an even long wait for a bus means a lot. Nothing the hostel could do about it but something to think about when booking in Chicago.

Best hostel i've ever been.

1 2 3 Next » last »