IHSP Chicago Hostel at Damen CTA Reviews

1616 N. Damen Ave, CTA Blue Line, Chicago, USA

Great place, great staff and great facilities. Second time here in two years. It was legendary both times. Can't wait to come back here for a third stay in the nearby future!

Both staff were super helpful, one lending me his phone when i had to take a call. Really nice hostel. Not in downtown but really cool area with bars, restaurants and shops, very trendy and only 15mins to town from the near by metro.

Wanted to thank Sam for checking is in since there was a fiasco with the FAA building fire and both Chicago airports were shut down cancelling 500 flights and delaying 1000. He called and emailed to make sure the last few guests were coming. i appreciate his follow up and patience as we all got in and were just so exhausted and appreciated his professionality and hospitality.

The wifi sucks, which is the only unsatisfying thing. People there are soooooo nice! Plus pancakes are really tasty! Showers are good. So in a word, a nice place to stay! Luv it!

• 26th Sep 2014
  • China

My stay here was fantastic, the place was always kept clean,the staff were pleasant and incredibly helpful and the area is very lively and getting to downtown is easy. JOSH who works.there was awesome. even though he was a giants fan always wearing a Saints hat boooo haha! Definately coming back!

• 25th Sep 2014

This place is the bee's knees. Arrived to friendly, helpful staff who showed me around the hostel - which is fantastic! Free pancakes, tea and coffee... amazing common room with chalk board walls... free computers with internet and printing. And the creme de la creme - a rooftop terrace. You can see the skyline in the distance, hear music coming up from the street, and drink your heart out. The hostel is located in a nice area just a short journey from the centre. I would definitely return

As an American I did not feel very welcome, at least one staff member was quite cool toward me, and it seemed like from the start she was not thrilled to have me in the community as an American student instead of a foreigner.

The best hostel in Chicago by far! Brand new, located in the most effervescent neighborhoods in town (Wicker Park/Bucktown) for the indie/hipster crowd, very nice staff, soft beds and good facilities. Could have more bathrooms per floor, a newer sofa in the common room (man, that one is crumbling away) and eletrical outlets for all beds (everybody has cell phones to charge at night), but, all in all, a great experience. Definitely coming back!

The best U.S hostel I've stayed in. Good atmosphere, good location, easy to meet other traveler's and great facilities. Olivia on the front desk was really friendly and helpful and I'd definitely recommend this hostel. I also stayed in wrigley hostel. ISHP is much better!

The woman at the front desk was wonderful The location was great and we were quitecomfortable. People staying there like to party so be prepared for that.

• 12th Sep 2014

Although I checked in late I was checked into room that was not cleaned. Its bedding was crumpled and dirty, there was trash on the floor and the table. I had to wait for the attendant receptionist to tidy the room for me.

From the second we walked into the hostel and was greated by Wyatt we knew we made the right decision by staying at IHSP. We've stayed in hostels in over Europe and we'd say that IHSP is one of the best hostels to date. The staff is amazing, great location (24hr convenience store right next door, plenty of bars/restaurants/shops just steps away) and of course the highlight is the roof top deck over looking Chicago skyline equipped with BBQ, speakers and plenty of take space. We will be back!

• 31st Aug 2014