IHSP Chicago Hostel at Damen CTA Reviews

1616 N. Damen Ave, CTA Blue Line, Chicago, USA

Simply amazing! We stayed for the weekend and had a great time at this hostel. We were five guys and had a private dorm including a spacious kitchen and a fridge. Everything was clean and the staff was always friendly and helpful. The metro station is a 2 minute walk away.

This is a great hostel in Chicago. Subway stop is right around the corner, there is a Wallgreens nearby and the neighborhood is very lively; lot of restaurants, party places, coffee hangouts. Furthermore, staff is super friendly and helpful, the facilities are great (a lot of great showers, toilets, etc.), safety is good. Beds are ok (plastic wrapped mattresses, which can get kind of sweaty when its warm). Overall; I would definitely recommend this hostel!

Location was great, it was always clean and really easy access with the room cards.

• 16th Mar 2015

This hostel is in a great location with great staff. The only thing is that the furniture is kinda outdated, which means the metal bunk beds are really noisy and also the overall hostel needs to be updated. We stayed on the second floor which was loud during the night due to the location right close to the bathroom area as well as the kitchen and meeting room. Also I did not like that boys and girls are sharing the same toilets and showers. But overall the location and the staff are great.

• 13th Mar 2015

Thought the hostel was fantastic

• 10th Mar 2015

I booked a female dorm at IHSP. I checked in at 9pm and the guy at the desk told me there would just be one other person checking in later that night. At 11:30, my roommate showed up and it turned out that it was a guy. I wasn't about to stay with one random guy so they had to move me to another room. Thankfully they had one, or it could have been a really uncomfortable night. Other than that the rest of the place was pretty average. Decent neighborhood, super close to the L. Terrible internet.

• 9th Mar 2015

Firstly I would like to say that the hostel is very cozy. I had a good time there, good breakfast and it was absolutely clean and warm, If I came back to Chicago, I would definitely stay at this hostal again.

• 2nd Mar 2015