IHSP Santa Barbara Reviews

111 N. Milpas Street, Santa Barbara, USA

The rooms are way too small for the number of beds they hold. There is no a/c, just a very loud fan on the floor. The only power outlet in the room was behind one of the bunk beds so it wasn't accessible to anyone. The guests were very loud even after the "quiet hours" and the staff didn't do anything about it. The staff was friendly but disorganized (I arrived at 6pm and there weren't any sheets, the girl said she would get me some but forgot so I had to go look for them myself).

• 14th Jul 2014

Staff is nice and the kitchen and living room are clean, but the dorms are nothing like on the photos on the website. They try to cram too many people in a too small a space. People have to hang out in their rooms, which means even less privacy and even less sleep... For $40 I had expected better.

The hostel is relatively small, and there's a lot of people in each room, so there's no place for our luggage. Also, there's no supervision in the night, so people can shout out loud without nobody to remember them to respect other people. However, it's a really cute place, and the girl at the desk was very helpful and nice!

• 14th Jun 2014

I was only there one night, so I didn't really get into atmosphere but it did seem friendly! Lovely staff. And fantastic wifi connection. Shower upstairs had no shower head just stream of water. Had a great stay

The price for the hostel was too expensive for what it offered. The shared bed-dorm (9 to 10 squaremeters) was way too small for six people. Moreover there is not enough space in the common area like kitchen, living room and terrace when the hostel is fully booked. When i stayed in the hostel there was only one shower available because the other one was broken. I know, SB is an expensive place and compared to the other rooms its cheap but in my opinion they just profit without providing anything

Slightly expensive, but amazing friendly staff and relaxed place.

• 4th Jun 2014

Even though we only stayed there one night it was great, the room was clean and quiet. People were very nice and we really liked the pancakes for breakfast ;-).

• 27th May 2014

Amazing friendly staff. Very cozy place and have great pancakes for breakfast. I recommend it!

• 27th May 2014

Love the Hostel! The shower on the upper floor was a little broken, but there was another one available. Lovely patio with pancakes in the morning. Very sweet staff

We only spent one night, but would have spent more if it was only for the hostel. It was a bit strange that the reception and the rooms were not in the same building or even close, but this only annoyed us at the beginning. The staff was very friendly. The only thing was the tiny space to park, but... what can you do about that?

• 23rd May 2014
  • Spain

chilled place to spend a night or 2 in santa barbara.. good stop if you're doing highway 1! cool living room, patio and also rooftop (which wasnt open unfortunately when we were there) + pancakes for breakfast. thumbs up!

It is a great place with lovely atmosphere where you meet people from around the world. The staff is very helpful and nice. I loved my stay here!!

As some said, the staff is friendly, they even join the conversation and share a beer with you. They also give you cards for local bars to have a free drink or other promotions. The place is a bit tight but the common areas are good and you can know the other guests. However, the shower head in the bathroom upstairs has a problem... you won't be able to set it to a warm temperature for your entire shower, it will either shift to hot or cold, and the pressure is low so not enough water comes out

• 24th Mar 2014
  • Mexico

A very nice place to stay. A nice roof where you can chill out with the other guests. You should come here if you don't need the best bathrooms but you like a little and cozy hostel. I've had a really Nice stay there. The centre of santa Barbara is about a 15 minute walk (20 throught the beach, which is way nicer). Overall a good place to stay.

• 8th Mar 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I liked the staff, they were very welcoming, open, and just really nice. I did not like the not so clean bathroom and the broken sink. The bathroom was not cleaned in the morning, so any "dirtiness" from the night before from other guests was not cleaned up. that was very unfortunate and was the one great negative point I have about this hostel. clean bathrooms are just really really nice- especially for a girl!

• 4th Mar 2014