IHSP Santa Barbara

7.7
Very Good 384 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 18-24
16th Aug 2017

Had a great stay in this hostel, I had a car during my stay but the location was brilliant. The car park is fairly small, but there is street parking outside the hostel. The staff and atmosphere was really welcoming. The pancake breakfast was amazing! Overall it was clean, the beds are a bit unstable but I had no complaints. It is quite pricey and I've stayed in better hostels for less money. I would recommend though.

• USA, Male, 18-24
10th Aug 2017
5.7

Too expensive.

• bexb123
  • England, Female, 18-24
8th Aug 2017

Really sociable and easy going. It was my first hostel experience where we all went out as a big group and made friends + free drinks voucher

• Germany, Female, 31-40
30th Jul 2017

Staff was awesome, chatty, helpful and friendly. Hostel was very clean, but the rooms were way too crowded, there was nowhere to put the bags and you constantly had to step over something. The common area is a little small, so although people were sitting there chatting, I wasn't able to join them since there was nowhere else to sit. Pancakes for breakfast were good. Hostel is about 10min walking distance from the beach and about 30-40min from the city center.

• mtyljensen9307
  • England, Male, 25-30
27th Jul 2017
6.9

We paid a lot to stay here, I guess accommodation was in high demand. For the price pretty hard to swallow, a very old building with very basic and worn-out facilities. The staff are definitely friendly and I'm sure you could have a good time meeting people here, it is a small building so there is no danger of large-hostel anonymity, we only stayed for one night but it seemed like there was a relaxed and friendly social atmosphere.

• USA, Male, 41+
26th Jul 2017

Great hospitality in the heart of Santa Barbara. I stayed two nights, and the staff was quite friendly and helpful at all hours. There is a kitchen, common area, proper modern amenities, a safe and quiet place to sleep. I would happily stay there again another time. Plus it's close to the Beach! :)

• Germany, Male, 18-24
25th Jul 2017
5.7

there were two little bathrooms for at least 15 people, much too little. the rooms were tiny but the bed was comfortable. The kitchen and the bathrooms were in an acceptable shape and cleanliness, however it could have been a little better. And value for money is not really fair, maybe the high rents in Santa Barbara are an excuse.

• Austria, Male, 31-40
25th Jul 2017
6.0

average hostel, good value for money, considering the prices in Santa Barbara. rooms are quite small and noisy. ok for 1-2 nights

• Australia, Male, 41+
22nd Jul 2017
6.3

I'm sorry. I could never stay here again. Too small, and a huge dog in everyone's way is not acceptable.v but staff was pretty good !

21st Jul 2017

I really enjoyed my stay here, the rooms are a bit too hot but I guess I could've ordered a fan. Location was perfect too!!! Pancakes were yummy and coffee too