IHSP Santa Barbara Reviews

111 N. Milpas Street, Santa Barbara, USA

Sorry, but it was the worst hostel that I have staied. Dirty, just one shower for all the guests, because the other one was broken. Not 24 hrs reception. Not free towels. And the price completly do not worth it.

I was extremely upset to show-up at theHostel on only to be told that as I am not a student nor an international traveler, could not stay there.no where on the booking page did (or email originally sent to me ) did it say that these were a requirement to stay . Needless to say, we could not (were not allowed to stay). Be very careful when you use HostelWorld as this who we booked through. The man was rude and told us to go to the McDonalds to use wifi. Extremely unhelpful

Very nice hostel. But it is expensive and it's hard to take a shower. The shower doesn't work very well.

The hostel hasn't enough room for the hosts they're actually having. The showers hardly have water, one has to wash in the dark; the kitchen is small, and there's only one tiny table inside, so you have to eat in the rain or in the dark. Though the hostel is cleaned every day, things are in a bad shape. but never mind! It'the only hostel in SBA, so they aren't likely to change anything soon. Th more, they offer to pay $5 for a (good) review. Mind that they want $7 extra for credit card paymt.

Was quite far from the main town we were lucky to have a car! Pretty expensive hostel for what you get, the beds were extremely uncomfortable and walls are paper thin so you can hear everything

location is ok about a 20-30 minute walk from the main street. the rooms are over pirced for what you get. environment and atmosphere was good and fun on the 2 nights i was there.

• 14th Jun 2015

Very small room

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Switzerland
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The staff is really nice and the bike cruisers were nice to rent. The common room is really small and depending on the people that stay at the moment it can be nice and cosy or small and crammed, i think. For me it was really nice and I met a lot of people because of it. Oh and also: The shower in the four person deluxe room sprays half of its water upwards, soaking all of the bathroom.

The bathroom is terrible. The cost benefit is also bad.

Nice little place. Nothing special. Small kitchen/eating area. Good atmosphere for the right people. The staff are great.

couldn't get hot water for the shower. water barely came out of the spout.

• 11th Apr 2015

I loved the atmosphere of this place! The staff really wants you to feel at home, the fellow travelers I met there were all very social and brought in a great vibe.the place is cozy but I guess that makes the hostel less anonymous and to me that's important. There are common areas in- and outdoors (living room and a terrace) and it felt nice to hang out there. I came back once to the hostel and it indeed felt a bit like coming home. Breakfast is coffee and an "all you can pancake". I was helped

Hell yeah

• 27th Mar 2015

Loved the place ! feels like home ! Super Friendly staff! Great location! Definitely would stay there again !

The location is about 2kms from the main st. I walked a lot to do and see anything. The staff are very welcoming and have great local knowledge. The whole hostel is quite small, so I felt cramped after 3 nights. They had a live band playing on one night so it was good to have extra entertainment

Staff are very helpful and the hostel its self is great. Has everything you need and is in a good location.

The rooms were too small and the best really cheap. The staff were nice but otherwise it was a really small hostel that needed some work. Not easy to find, it needs a bigger/better sign.

• 4th Mar 2015