7.3
Very Good 293 Total Reviews
7.3
Very Good 293 Total Reviews
IHSP Santa Barbara Located at 111 N. Milpas Street, , Santa Barbara.
USA
Santa Barbara 93103 111 N. Milpas Street
73% 293
34.4227593 -119.6809121
    Rooms available

9th Jan 2017
2.6

Nobody was there from staff overnight. It was dirty and smelly. The staff member my first night was very rude. Not enough bathrooms. Common area way to small. Hard to find location. Before even arriving, received a very unfriendly email about check-in. Had to pay for a towel.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
5th Jan 2017

This hostel was really great, very clean and a good atmosphere! The staff especially were incredibly helpful and friendly - when I was in danger of missing my bus the lovely Paul actually drove me to the station so that I wouldn't be there in time!! I would highly recommend :)

8.0

It was a good experience and the location was good. The only thing that I hoped could be different was the parking which at the time was pretty difficult and muddy and the lockers. The lockers were very cheap and were easily opened even with a lock. Despite those little things, it was a great experience.

• Denmark, Female, 31-40
4.9

Very small rooms and without lockers!. Few toilets/bathrooms. You always need to wait. Breakfast is very basic for what u pay. Make your own pancakes and tea/coffee. But what is most disappointing is that the day you check kitchen you are only allowed to keep your stuff until 4pm. It's the first time in my life that happens to me. And trust me I have been in a lot of hostels! I had a bus at 1.40 am But was kicked out even it was bloody cold outside.

• England, Female, 18-24
30th Dec 2016
3.4

I was very disappointed with this hostel. I booked a 6 bedroom dorm online but when I arrived it was a 10 bed room! And there was a wooden window right next to my bed but the frame had swollen so the window wouldn't shut leaving a draft and noise to disrupt my sleep. I found most of the hostel to be messy and there was a lack of seating in the common room, 3 seats was nowhere near enough so I found it difficult to meet the other hostellers. I left after one night even though I paid for 2

• Egypt, Male, 18-24
17th Dec 2016
6.0

it was really far from all the good places to visit in santa barbara

• Australia, Male, 25-30
10th Dec 2016
6.9

Hard to find in a quite street, but felt safe. Not enough bathrooms for the amount of people and the house has a lot of "rules". Wasn't the worst but far from the best.

• USA, Female, 41+
9th Dec 2016

It has been a few years since I stayed in a hostel, before smart phones and lap tops, and hostels have changed! I liked that I could get a private room,. The mattress was very good. The fact that you have to use the hotels bed linens is a great improvement on the "good old days" . The location was great, it was a little hard to find because it sits back from the road. The staff was very helpful. The facility was surprisingly quiet and there was plenty of hot water. All in all a good value.

9th Dec 2016

Really quaint little place to stay in SB. Staff are friendly, and fellow hostelers are friendly too. Didn't spend much time there, but met quite a few travelers over a hearty breakfast. Would recommend.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
29th Nov 2016

Small common spaces, but great staff (for the most part!). Everything is clean, kitchen had enough to cook the food we wanted, and location near Trader Joe's and amazing tacos (just a few doors down, go try them!) was good. I booked a private room for the wrong days (I was off by one day) and they were able to accomodate us, no problem. Overall, average hostel stay, but with great staff and great value for the cost!