7.2
Very Good 277 Total Reviews
7.2
Very Good 277 Total Reviews
IHSP Santa Barbara Located at 111 N. Milpas Street, , Santa Barbara.
USA
Santa Barbara 93103 111 N. Milpas Street
72% 277
34.4227593 -119.6809121
    Rooms available

27th Nov 2016
5.4

Worst hostel I ever have been in the USA.

• Switzerland, Male, 31-40
24th Nov 2016
8.0

I'm quite dissatisfied the hostel let a hobo wandering around the hostel in the evening and in the morning, letting her using the kitchen used by the other guests. I didn't feel comfortable having her around. The following day, I saw her picking up half-smoked cigarette butts in the street. The rest of the experience was good. Staff was great, and the other guests were super nice! I loved the pancakes in the morning. It's a bit pricey for a dorm... but I would go back there.

13th Nov 2016
4.0

Water cuts off several times mid shower. I paid higher rate than others same night. I was penalized for booking early. Owner refused to match price. My "private room" was small and had two beds. I was forced to book a private room at $84 because of my age, bc i m not a student.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
8th Nov 2016

Cons - Difficult to find as there was no overt signs visible in the dark. A miscommunication upon check-in made me feel treated like an untrustworthy guest. It is a house full of rules - either taped to walls everywhere or restated at check-in - which detracts from its otherwise friendly atmosphere. Pros - There is a great kitchen & patio. Hot water showers. Lockers. Free secure storage for bikes. Walking distance to laundromat and Trader Joes. I felt safe & secure. I would stay here again.

• England, Male, 25-30
14th Oct 2016

Small place but a really good feel with lots of awesome people there, really want to go back already

• England, Couple, 31-40
8th Oct 2016
4.6

Friendly staff and a warm welcome, however, it is not anywhere near the centre of SB & the facilities need updating..the rooms were hot and gloomy. A basin was out of order and in need of repair - fine if this was a cheap hostel but it was not cheap..! We had to move rooms because of ants overtaking a bed.. The atmosphere seemed nice and people were friendly but as for value for money? Not really. It was by far the worst accommodation we've stayed in during our time in Cali.

7th Oct 2016

On arrival the dorm was stinky but I asked for it to be aired out and it was fine later. Clean. Beds were clean and good mattress protectors. Got lots of bites, mosquitoes I think, probably just from open windows and outside. Itchy but not blaming hostel. Nice pancakes for breakfast. Friendly, helpful staff. Just pack some insect repellent and after bite!

6th Oct 2016
6.6

How can you call a 6 beds room when there's actually 12 beds in it?

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
6th Oct 2016

Great hostel! What really did it for me was the staff, wonderful people with great advice and genuine chats. Overall feel is very home-y and laid back. Location is good for beach and downtown with a supermarket and places to eat nearby. Unlimited pancake breakfast was a definite plus. A few downsides: Bathrooms were comfortable but few considering the amount of people that stayed here. Beds are a bit squeeky and wobbly which did keep me up a bit.

4th Oct 2016
5.7

The hostel is in a good location and staff were friendly and chill, BUT the room is adhoc, and probably all of the previous negative comments noted already. My biggest gripe was I was staying in an impropertly converted laundry that sat at the back with no ventilation. I feel I overpaid for this experience.