IHSP Santa Barbara Reviews

111 N. Milpas Street, Santa Barbara, USA

Nice little place. Nothing special. Small kitchen/eating area. Good atmosphere for the right people. The staff are great.

couldn't get hot water for the shower. water barely came out of the spout.

• 11th Apr 2015

I loved the atmosphere of this place! The staff really wants you to feel at home, the fellow travelers I met there were all very social and brought in a great vibe.the place is cozy but I guess that makes the hostel less anonymous and to me that's important. There are common areas in- and outdoors (living room and a terrace) and it felt nice to hang out there. I came back once to the hostel and it indeed felt a bit like coming home. Breakfast is coffee and an "all you can pancake". I was helped

Hell yeah

• 27th Mar 2015

Loved the place ! feels like home ! Super Friendly staff! Great location! Definitely would stay there again !

The location is about 2kms from the main st. I walked a lot to do and see anything. The staff are very welcoming and have great local knowledge. The whole hostel is quite small, so I felt cramped after 3 nights. They had a live band playing on one night so it was good to have extra entertainment

• 16th Mar 2015

Staff are very helpful and the hostel its self is great. Has everything you need and is in a good location.

The rooms were too small and the best really cheap. The staff were nice but otherwise it was a really small hostel that needed some work. Not easy to find, it needs a bigger/better sign.

• 4th Mar 2015

Felt very relaxed after one night(I was a bit uptight when I arrived). Friendly people ,,,wish them luck in their new property, m

Paul, the evening host, is a great guy. The atmosphere at the hostel is good. The dorms are a little tight, as in you have to step outside if you want to change your mind. The location is fine, and also the atmosphere. Nice people. One thing I didn't know was that they're not supposed to take US residents (unless you're a full time student). It wasn't clear from the Hostelworld site. Nonetheless they honored my reservation, so really not a problem.

Good small sized hostel, loved the pancakes.

I guess it's not bad for one or two days if ur travelling with friends. The bathtooms are just terrible and the rooms are so small.

Wish there was reliable running water

I thought the pancake bar was fun and a unique touch. I wasn't there very long but I saw a few people taking advantage of the TV and computer. I had a bad experience the first time I tried to stay there (it was the fault of the website I used, but I felt I wasn't treated very politely either), but the staff made up for it the second time. Everyone was nice and helpful and I'm just calling that first experience as a bad day for the receptionist who was overwhelmed on a holiday weekend.

Excellent!

Our room was in the worst place. It was just in front of the common room which was open until midnight and you could hear every word they said. In addition, it didn't have any window. The breakfast was good. There is parking space for your car. When we checked out we got very helpful advice from a member of the staff.

The young girl working at the reception was unfriendly and blamed some guys of our group for something they were not responsible for

• 7th Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

You get what you pay for. However getting yelled at aggressively for being locked out of our room wasn't necessary. Beautiful area but you get what you pay for

People and staffs are nice and friendly. The room is so small for the price, cold at night and no heating facilities.

• 30th Dec 2014
  • China

Great group of people staying there

View all Santa Barbara Hostels