IM Guest House Reviews

2-7-2 Katsuyamakita, Ikuno-ku, Osaka, Japan

First of all you cancelled my stay even though I booked the room. Then you have the guts to send me review mail. Wow

This place was pretty nice and easy to get to by train. I had a room with 3 other people, all of whom were my friends beforehand. It was clean enough and I liked that the beds had curtains for privacy. I think the location was good, though we did not have a lot of time to explore. We were actually trying to get a hostel in Kyoto so we didn't spend any time in Osaka on this trip. If I were to go back to Osaka I would check this place out again.

Really enjoyed staying here. There's a kitchen and a general area to use with lots of helpful books and maps around. Excellent are, close to train station and many stores and shops. Quiet neighborhood. Great stay.

• 7th Nov 2014

will be back again for sure

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • Thailand

This hostel is kind of a mixed bag. The hostel is located near a number of convinces: a nearby 7/11 ATM, Sentou, good distance and travel to JR stations, etc. That being said, the hostel has very bizarre checkin times (3-4, then not again until after 7pm), and the first person I encountered spoke little to no english, and ended up telling me to leave for three hours before I could check-in. In spite of my griefs, the units have AC and numerous travel guide books are available.

Visited this place first time with my backpackers group = poor place. NOT recommend! I travel really a lot and visit hostels and guesthouses in many countries.. need I tell you all - don't stay there. Because there is dirty, tall, bed smell, many immigrants workers, and staff is not professional, making mistakes. Lady - boss made two serious mistakes in our booking - our ladies not accept very poor room with gas heater inside and decided to move to another hotel, lost almost all the money paid.

We came for check-in very late. As long as you follow their rule to call them if you are going to arrive later than 9pm, they can accommodate you. The guide on how to get to the guesthouse posted in their website was also very helpful. One of the staff, Kyomi-san can also speak English and Korean! Our room was in the second floor and it was a bit smelly. We also can't use the shower heater despite the rainy weather. The kitchen was also dirty probably due to their dormers.

Thank you so much for having us and for helping with our lost luggage!!!

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Denmark

It is cheap but it is quite difficult to get there. However, the staffs are very kind and also there is a big shop near the guesthouse

• 1st Aug 2014
  • South Korea

A bit smelly but fine. One night stay was fine for me.

IM Guest house has been the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. It was incredibly run down. We arrived to a room that still had someone else's wet towels hanging up, rubbish in the bin, hair all over the floor and stains on the bed. The shared bathroom smelt strongly or urine and our room smelt terrible also. There was absolutely no sound proofing. And the check in times are so specific and really negatively altered the timing of our day... Don't bother staying here.