IM Guest House Reviews

2-7-2 Katsuyamakita, Ikuno-ku, Osaka, Japan

Things to know : The owner speaks only japanese and korean ! And you'll be asked a 1000 Yen bail for the room key, which you'll get back when checking out. The area is near an old and small shopping street, it's very charming ! the neighborhood is very calm. Internet works well. Nipponbashi is 30 minutes on foot, and you're 5 minutes away from the Osaka loop ! Overall good place, but it's better to speak japanese :)

Nice staff. Enjoyed our stay. Had to share 1 toilet and 1 bathroom with 7 other people though..

I stayed in a hostel the day after my stay in IM guest house for much cheaper and it was much nicer, I am not a complainer but this hostel was just not nice, unclean, grimy, only good thing was the staff

The staff was so nice and accommodating!

• 27th Nov 2015

I didn't had a locker, the door of the room didn't work, the place was so dirty and I had to take out of my assigned bed dirty underwear of another guest!! It was a completely nightmare so after 20 months minutes there I decided to pay and do the checkout to go somewhere better !!

Staff were fantastic. Really friendly and helpful.

• 20th Nov 2015

The owner, Nami san, is very personable and gracious. The facility is very conveniently located near an arcade of a variety of shops and restaurants that lead right to the Momodani Station on the Osaka Loop Line. Air conditioning/heating in the rooms, plus plenty of blankets provided, so sleeping was comfortable for being on a very firm bunk bed mattress. The toilet area and bath could have been cleaner, but overall, the stay for the money and convenience was worth it.

• 13th Nov 2015

Very friendly staff! We arrived rather late, but the lady running the hostel arranged everything for us and gave us a little tour around thr hostel even at this late hour.

The hostel staff was less than friendly, except for one very sweet and energetic woman who checked me out of the hostel. The beds were fine, not the cleanest I've had for similar prices in Japan. The wifi connection was really spotty and it seemed to be strong in random locations or spurts of time throughout the day. In the room I stayed in, the beds of guests who had left days before still hadn't been cleaned, and our bathroom area didn't have a proper sink, I brushed my teeth in the shower.

need better language support for foreigners

• 19th Sep 2015
  • Hong Kong

Room was clean but very stuffy and smelly. Ok with window open and aircon, but horrible to return to at the end of a sightseeing day

• 1st Sep 2015

สงบดี..ไม่ไกลมาก

• 28th Aug 2015
  • Thailand

Osaka seems to suffer from a lack of hostels. IM is not glamourous or even very pretty, but it gets the job done if you need a place to stay. The check in hours are not very traveller friendly and it has some cleanliness issues. If you wash your clothes here there is only a washer and you have to hang dry the rest of your clothes, so consider washing somewhere else. The hostel is out in an interesting neighbouhood, but it's a bit of a trek. I would probably stay somewhere else if I could.

The hostel is located within a 5-10min walk from the JR station, but far away from Dotombori, Namba, Ame-Mura, Denden Town business centre. Wifi didn't work in the upstairs room, although the staff claimed it should. Shower on the third floor was broken. Toilet was dirty. The living room was welcoming. We booked a Private double, but had a bunk bed. The sheets had stains. The pillow covers had elastic straps and were only covering half of the pillow. All in all everything was old and cheap.

The people were very nice, and the bedrooms spacious close to a shopping area and subway/train station. Unfortunately, mold and dirt was on the walls in our bedroom and the toilet area was pretty scary. I would stay here again because of its price and location, and for a hostel it wasn't that bad, but simple fixes/cleanliness could have gone far here. Also, I got different directions from hostel world and the hostel site itself; neither were clear on how far down the dark alley to go.