IM Guest House Reviews

2-7-2 Katsuyamakita, Ikuno-ku, Osaka, Japan

I didn't had a locker, the door of the room didn't work, the place was so dirty and I had to take out of my assigned bed dirty underwear of another guest!! It was a completely nightmare so after 20 months minutes there I decided to pay and do the checkout to go somewhere better !!

Staff were fantastic. Really friendly and helpful.

• 20th Nov 2015

The owner, Nami san, is very personable and gracious. The facility is very conveniently located near an arcade of a variety of shops and restaurants that lead right to the Momodani Station on the Osaka Loop Line. Air conditioning/heating in the rooms, plus plenty of blankets provided, so sleeping was comfortable for being on a very firm bunk bed mattress. The toilet area and bath could have been cleaner, but overall, the stay for the money and convenience was worth it.

• 13th Nov 2015

Very friendly staff! We arrived rather late, but the lady running the hostel arranged everything for us and gave us a little tour around thr hostel even at this late hour.

The hostel staff was less than friendly, except for one very sweet and energetic woman who checked me out of the hostel. The beds were fine, not the cleanest I've had for similar prices in Japan. The wifi connection was really spotty and it seemed to be strong in random locations or spurts of time throughout the day. In the room I stayed in, the beds of guests who had left days before still hadn't been cleaned, and our bathroom area didn't have a proper sink, I brushed my teeth in the shower.

Room was clean but very stuffy and smelly. Ok with window open and aircon, but horrible to return to at the end of a sightseeing day

• 1st Sep 2015

• 28th Aug 2015
  • Thailand

Osaka seems to suffer from a lack of hostels. IM is not glamourous or even very pretty, but it gets the job done if you need a place to stay. The check in hours are not very traveller friendly and it has some cleanliness issues. If you wash your clothes here there is only a washer and you have to hang dry the rest of your clothes, so consider washing somewhere else. The hostel is out in an interesting neighbouhood, but it's a bit of a trek. I would probably stay somewhere else if I could.

The hostel is located within a 5-10min walk from the JR station, but far away from Dotombori, Namba, Ame-Mura, Denden Town business centre. Wifi didn't work in the upstairs room, although the staff claimed it should. Shower on the third floor was broken. Toilet was dirty. The living room was welcoming. We booked a Private double, but had a bunk bed. The sheets had stains. The pillow covers had elastic straps and were only covering half of the pillow. All in all everything was old and cheap.

The people were very nice, and the bedrooms spacious close to a shopping area and subway/train station. Unfortunately, mold and dirt was on the walls in our bedroom and the toilet area was pretty scary. I would stay here again because of its price and location, and for a hostel it wasn't that bad, but simple fixes/cleanliness could have gone far here. Also, I got different directions from hostel world and the hostel site itself; neither were clear on how far down the dark alley to go.

On the rooftop you can let dry your stuff. Also it is nice place at night. Hostel is little bit hidden, but at least during night there is quiet. Also stuff understand English.

The rooms had a not friendly layout leaving lots of space that couldn't really be used, so it wasn't very comfortable, the same goes to the bed. The location is great and the staff friendly. When we stayed at the hostel were only a few people so we there wasnt really to much problem with the showers but, in our room were beds for 10 people and only 1 shower avalible. I will look for another hostel next time I go to Osaka

Nice, cozy little place in a quiet place. Rooms were pretty small but had a shared bathroom and shower, could have been a little closer to Momodani station but not a bad walk, especially with the street filled with shops and restaurants on the way.

You can never find the staff, the ladyb is nice, but if feels like there's nobody there most of the time. No coffee, or something, just a place to sleep, that's all. It's really near to a JR station very close to the Osaka Castle tough, and about 25 min from Nanba area.