IM Guest House Reviews

2-7-2 Katsuyamakita, Ikuno-ku, Osaka, Japan

Poor management in this hostel!! We stayed 4 nights in this hostel and need to change room 2 times. (we've made this booking for 1 four bedded female dorms for 5 weeks ago! And the hostel owner always mentioned this is a hostel not a hotel, we well known this is a hostel not a hotel but basic management is always needed to accomodate the dorms, right? And environment for shower is bad! If anymore hostel can chose, I absoutely will not chose this hostel!

Thank you for your kindness, Nami san!

Staff are very friendly and welcoming. Walls a paper thin so noisy guests may keep you up and had quite a wait for a shower most mornings. Overall good value for money, I'd come back

IM Guest house is one of the friendliest places I have stayed in Japan. The woman who runs the hostel is very friendly and helpful, the common room is a good size and has a great atmosphere. Facilities are generally good - one shower and bathroom to 8 people, usually, and the small kitchen has all you need to make a quick breakfast. But the house itself is a bit old, and the rooms are not the greatest. But generally they are clean.

No coffee or tea available as stated. Staff was considerate of late check in. Not sure if shower was just dirty or painted funny. Tatami room was nice. Bunk bed very sturdy. Host was friendly but not readily available when needed. I don't know that I would stay here again. It was definitely an interesting experience.

I loved this hostel! It was quite easy to find and there were lots of people there to guide us to the right direction. The staff was really lovely and friendly

When my girlfriend and I got here we were surprised by the very bad smell coming from the bathroom and shower. The smells ended up giving us a headache. Also, the fridge smelled terrible and should be cleaned out and washed! I've stayed at many hostels and this one was definitely one of the worst smelling hostels. Honestly, if they improved on the smells this hostel would have had a better rating because the staff were nice and the beds were fine.

The location is not too far from Momodani station, very close to Korean Town. I put my macbook on my macbook, and it was still there even I left it one day one night. Very secure I think. The room is clean, you get hot shower (no hot shower from 12am - 6am), and it was the cheapest hostel in osaka i think.

• 1st Jan 2014
  • agp12
  • Japan

the facilities is not good

Nice hostel with friendly staff. Facilities are a bit limited with only one shower and one toilet between potentially 12 people if the 4 bed dorm rooms (grouped together in 3 rooms) are all full. Dorms are small but it is a hostel so you get what you pay for. Neighbourhood is nice but not the most central position in Osaka. Great wifi was provided. Security is a bit iffy given that only your dorm room can be locked, while the outside door leading to the dorms and the bathroom facilities is not.

The hostel is basically an old Japanese housing flat turned into a a hostel. The rooms are extremely small and it can be quite a hassle to move around if you've got quite a bit of luggage. The toilet has a carpeted floor, so when you piss off target, you are indefinitely going to stain the carpet and stink it. So yeah, toilet smells wierd, and like the previous reviewers, I recommend using a pair of flip flops to go to the bathroom. The kitchen is extremely small and pretty dirty as well.

The hostel was very warm, comfortable and clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. While the hostel's a bit out of the way the directions on their website helped me get there with no problem, and it's not too far from the train station so there's good access to the rest of Osaka! Would definitely stay here again!

• 21st Dec 2013

Very quiet little place tucked into the backstreets of Osaka. Very friendly staff, electric blankets etc.

Nice location through a Shoutengai, my dorm shower could've used a good cleaning though.. let's just say I was glad I brought some flipflops.

The building may be a bit shabby, but it felt cozy to me. I really liked the location-close to all kinds of shops and restaurants and Korea Town! And the owners are amazing! I bumped in to her on the street and she walked me to a good place for dinner. They are so enthusiastic and friendly! A great place