IM Guest House Reviews

2-7-2 Katsuyamakita, Ikuno-ku, Osaka, Japan

This hostel is kind of a mixed bag. The hostel is located near a number of convinces: a nearby 7/11 ATM, Sentou, good distance and travel to JR stations, etc. That being said, the hostel has very bizarre checkin times (3-4, then not again until after 7pm), and the first person I encountered spoke little to no english, and ended up telling me to leave for three hours before I could check-in. In spite of my griefs, the units have AC and numerous travel guide books are available.

Visited this place first time with my backpackers group = poor place. NOT recommend! I travel really a lot and visit hostels and guesthouses in many countries.. need I tell you all - don't stay there. Because there is dirty, tall, bed smell, many immigrants workers, and staff is not professional, making mistakes. Lady - boss made two serious mistakes in our booking - our ladies not accept very poor room with gas heater inside and decided to move to another hotel, lost almost all the money paid.

We came for check-in very late. As long as you follow their rule to call them if you are going to arrive later than 9pm, they can accommodate you. The guide on how to get to the guesthouse posted in their website was also very helpful. One of the staff, Kyomi-san can also speak English and Korean! Our room was in the second floor and it was a bit smelly. We also can't use the shower heater despite the rainy weather. The kitchen was also dirty probably due to their dormers.

Thank you so much for having us and for helping with our lost luggage!!!

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Denmark

It is cheap but it is quite difficult to get there. However, the staffs are very kind and also there is a big shop near the guesthouse

• 1st Aug 2014
  • South Korea

A bit smelly but fine. One night stay was fine for me.

IM Guest house has been the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. It was incredibly run down. We arrived to a room that still had someone else's wet towels hanging up, rubbish in the bin, hair all over the floor and stains on the bed. The shared bathroom smelt strongly or urine and our room smelt terrible also. There was absolutely no sound proofing. And the check in times are so specific and really negatively altered the timing of our day... Don't bother staying here.

The IM guest house is beautifully tucked away in an old school neighborhood by the Momodani JR station. The Osaka Loop makes it very easy to get into the downtown or any other part of the metropolitan area. The room was modest but with fairly comfy beds and AC. Plus, you can't go wrong with the lovely staff!

• 24th Jul 2014

This was our first stay in a hostel. We were pleasantly suprised. We chose this hostel because of the private room option. The washing machine on the top floor had a few issues when we tried to use it. Our room had a window on our door, so rommates could potentially see in. There was no way to cover it, so we used bed sheets for privacy. Great location, though! No smoke-y smell, and bathroom/toilet were nice. Only other issue was roommates leaving underwear/towels out. Thanks!

• 24th Jul 2014

Im guest house- location very good. close to Momodani- where you can find a shopping arcade with a lot of shop with okay prices. But on road they could have to post a sign.Shower/bath very small.towel and shampoo/bath soap for rent 100Yen DEPOSIT FOR KEY 1000 yen!no info on site. Very bad checking in hours and check out.I had to wait around 40 minutes for check in and when I wanted to rent a shampoo no one was present.

was a last minute booking so i took what I could. has everything you need I suppose, but the beds in the dorm are rickety and its a guest house so you can get families staying. it's not the hostel's fault i was woken by a baby crying through paperthin walls... but hey it happened. met some cool people here though

We got moved to another guest house because there were not enough rooms available at IMGH, in abad location and with very bad facilities..ie: horrible shower and bathroom, with no internet and bad air conditioning..be careful when booking to make sure IMGH dont move you somewhere else

• 19th Jul 2014

it smells in our room. not clean.

The owner of the guesthouse passed the extra keys of our room to other group of guests, who they just entered without us knowing until a friend who stayed next door informed us privately. The owner moved us to another place without saying anything on the third day of our stay, only left a phrase: " Sorry, it's our mistake on the booking, you'll need to move to another place" The toilet was unpleasant. Lockers in the room had rusty stuff in them.

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Security is low because you can walk straight through a front/side door upstairs to the bedrooms and the bedroom door on the twin room is a thin ply wood. Hostess is lovely - a real character! Very small common area - cramped dining room with kitchen attached, but sociable if the right people are staying there. Clean with basic facilities. Located in suburb away from central areas but close to metro.

Not my favourite place to stay unf. Run-down facilities, uncomfortable beds, and a very unpleasant shared bathroom and shower. Hardest part was not having a full-time desk receptionist who could check us in at 9pm, or check us out before 8am. Positives was the kind and enthusiastic owner who treated us like family and the homey towels for rent.

Location was ok, a little hard to find but not too far from Momodani station. Staff and general atmosphere was nice. I got a key for a little locker with the room key, which was convenient. I would recommend this place.

i enjoyed staying there. Nami, the owner, was very kind and met nice ppl here. Clean enough, convenient with shops and markets near by, cheap. location is little far from the downtown Namba though.

The lady that runs this hostel is lovely and will help you as much as she can. Location wise it isn't bad however, if you want to stay out a bit later it isn't ideal for navigating your way home after the trains have stopped.

Super convenient location if you've got a JR pass. Friendly staff, clean, comfortable. Overall an above-average hostel experience.