IS@K Guest House Reviews

4F, 683-134 Hannam-Dong, Yongsan-Ku, Seoul, South Korea

Nice enough hostel, bit of an odd layout but friendly staff and decent common area with big tv, bed could be a bit more comfortable but fine for a few days.

• 8th Sep 2014

We had a fantastic time! The front room was a great place to meet people and hang out--everyone was friendly and down to hang out for a couple days which is always fun. The beds were comfortable and the air con was delightful to have, and something we definitely don't take for granted! The bathrooms had soap and shampoo and hair dryers, the roof had table tennis, chairs and tables, and was a fun place to hang out all night, or just for the view. The hostel is easy to find, too. Would stay again!

Great. Very small hostel and owner is super friendly. Good community feeling.

We stayed in the twim private room. We were perfectly happy with it. Cooling in the room was an evaporative cooler (not an aircon), and so doesn't function effectively with closed door. We were happy to sleep with the door open a bit, and it was still a quiet and cool room. Very happy with the quality of the hostel. Also only a 5-10 minute walk to one main party areas in city. Owner and staff were great and I am happy to recommend.

Very good hostel, the owners give you all the necessary tips on what to sightsee and everything.

Standard Single Private which I reserved turned out not to be quite "standard". It was some space without window, enough just for one bed. So I would recommend in property information to warn visitors about the type of such a room.

Nice place! Very peacefull, clean and with a great staff!

No lift to the 4th floor

My stay at IS@K Guest House was enjoyable. I was slightly surprised that my room was housed in a separate housing structure behind the main building and I felt that it separated the guests a lot. But I made great friends with the couple staying in the second house with me. The facilities were fine. Though the bathrooms were pretty tiny, the water pressure was great.My one concern was that the sheets looked a little stained and they left the previous room tenants trash in my room garbage! Ew!

We are sorry for your inconvenience. When the staff didn't check hard your room. We will check the room more carefully. Thank you for your review. We will make it batter place.

This is by far the best hostel I ever stayed at. It gave me the feeling of staying at a friends apartment and everybody also there agreed. The atmosphere was really good. Facilities are good. Wifi in the room, everything clean, free toast, tea and coffee. Nice rooftop for a beer before going out or to bed.

I had a really good time staying in this hostel. The staff was really nice and helpful and the hostel is located nearby the subway station so it's great (: the only thing about location is that it is in a 4th floor without an elevator, so it's a bit hard when you have a lot of luggage, but other than that, I have no complaints (:

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Venezuela

Nice hostel in the party district. It was clean and comfy beds. Easy to get from/to the airport. Free bread and coffee/tea all day.

Excellent hostel, the staff is awsum, super clean and good location [4 bed mixed dorm]

Nice helpful staff. Convenient location. My dorm room and a bed not as good. Living area, kitchen, shower

We liked your stay though it wasn't perfect. For example, the showers are badly placed, you need to leave your clothes outside the shower, the laundry is payable, the lockers were too small for our luggage. The staff is nice though.

The hostel owner was very friendly and helpful, always trying to create a comfortable atmosphere for the guests. The hostel itself was fairly small, but provided all the necessary amenities. Great location for foreigners--in the foreigner district of Seoul and close to 2 metro stations. We stayed in the private 2-bed room which was filled 50% with the bunk bed and left just enough room for our bags. The living room area was spacious and the co-ed bathroom quite small. Otherwise great.

Stayed in a standard mixed 6 bed dorm. 5 mins walk from subway station. Staff are great; they helped me arrange a DMZ tour. There's a convenience store opposite. The 4 flights of stairs can be troublesome. Would prefer to have individual lights for each dorm bed and a cleaner bathroom (might have to wait for cubicles at times). Hostels in seoul tend to be pricey, even for basic dorms. Good place to crash the night.

It's a very comfortable and cosy hostel and the location at Itaewon makes it really convenient to travel around. The living room is nice to chill in and make friends from people around the world. The only thing that people might be uncomfortable with is that the shower and toilets are all in the same area and there's no divide between men and women. However, there are always times in the day or night when people won't shower so if you catch that time to wash up it's fine.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Singapore

I met some of the most insightful and warm people in this hostel. The staff all spoke English and helped me order food a few times. The price of each night was affordable. My biggest complaint would be that the hostel needs more power outlets and perhaps provided universal surge protector. I found it so hard to mount my adapters to the wall in my single room and outside the lounge. It became a funny joke to those who stayed in the hostel, and I guess you lose something and you gain something.

having the rooms all in the same building so meeting people would be more accessible. .

• 3rd Jul 2014