IS@K Guest House Reviews

4F, 683-134 Hannam-Dong, Yongsan-Ku, Seoul, South Korea

We had wanderful time at the gesthouse and seoul and we aregrateful for your help in discovering your beautiful city

The hostel is located in the expat central of Seoul so it's foreigner friendly and food everywhere. It is in a pretty convenient surburb and metro line. The staff at the hostel were great and friendly, great common area to meet, chat, and watch TV.

Except for the difficulty to walk upstairs to the 3rd floor, everything else was perfectly great! The toilet is convenient as it has bidets installed. It's location is near masjid and there are many halal restaurants around. The guesthouse owner was very nice and hospitable. Would strongly recommend this place for any travellers

One thing I love here is the location. It's easy to find and its withing the heart of Itaewon streets. I just don't love the smell inside our room :-(

Thank you for your review. We knew that there was some smell in the room. but that is not our fault. The smell was from the one of the guest in your room. We could not tell them. It is smelly. We tried to open the window and fresh air and more. But we could not remove it from their body or the belongings Thank you

8am daily wakeup call was frustrating. Every morning between 8-9am, a member of staff came into our dorm an opened the window/curtains leaving the room bright and Noisey (busy road outside) making it almost impossible to sleep. Given this hostel is located in a party district I'm surprised at this policy and seemed to frustrate others dorm mates too. Otherwise- Pros: good location, free cold drinking water, nice staff. Cons: shower/toilet facilities below average, bed sheets insufficient.

Thank you for your review. I am sorry for disturbing your sleeping. The morning call was not our fault. You were in the shared room so you should complain to him directly or let us know about your inconvenience. Some guests checked out early in the morning. So we should arrange the room immediately for the next guest. Please understand it is usually happening in the shared room. Please take a private room If you want to sleep alone. Thank you

All and all great location. My room was a block away from the main hostel. So the place lost the hostel vibe.

I'dd been travelling for 10 months when I got to Korea, IS@K was by far the best hostel I've stayed in. A good atmosphere and friendly staff are a massive positive for a hostel, in this case the owner, Dukho, is a very good host who was very helpful with directions and anything else we needed. All other staff are nice too. Atmostphere is really good because the first place you walk into is the TV area where most people hang out so its very easy to meet friendly people 100% would recommend!

• 27th Sep 2014

This is a wonderful hostel! The location in Itaewon is very convenient and safe, the hostel is super clean with a nice chill out room with a projector and the staff are super helpful and nice! If you're looking for a great place to stay in Seoul, I couldn't think of one better than this one! :)

• 25th Sep 2014

I stayed at IS@K for two weeks and had a great time! Dukho (owner) and his staff are amazingly helpful and kind. The hostel is in a tourist part of town, close to lots of (somewhat pricey) food and nightlife, but if you wander around nearby, you can find cheaper options! The location is great, between two subway stops. It was easy to meet lots of new friends as you need to walk through the common area to get to the dorms. Will definitely be staying at IS@K if I return to Seoul!!

Perfect location. Staff and the owner are very nice people. Best desition.

+ The hostel's location is really good. Stuff is very friendly and helpful. - The beds were clean, but there were dust and trash under them.

Nice enough hostel, bit of an odd layout but friendly staff and decent common area with big tv, bed could be a bit more comfortable but fine for a few days.

We had a fantastic time! The front room was a great place to meet people and hang out--everyone was friendly and down to hang out for a couple days which is always fun. The beds were comfortable and the air con was delightful to have, and something we definitely don't take for granted! The bathrooms had soap and shampoo and hair dryers, the roof had table tennis, chairs and tables, and was a fun place to hang out all night, or just for the view. The hostel is easy to find, too. Would stay again!

Great. Very small hostel and owner is super friendly. Good community feeling.

We stayed in the twim private room. We were perfectly happy with it. Cooling in the room was an evaporative cooler (not an aircon), and so doesn't function effectively with closed door. We were happy to sleep with the door open a bit, and it was still a quiet and cool room. Very happy with the quality of the hostel. Also only a 5-10 minute walk to one main party areas in city. Owner and staff were great and I am happy to recommend.

This is one of my favorite hostels in the world. I believe it has to do a lot with the owner and staff members (they go the extra mile to connect with their guests (giving directions, cleaning, sharing snacks, etc). The house slippers are a nice touch and make you feel at home. The living room set up is conducive to conversations and meeting new people quickly. The bathrooms are a bit small but manageable (the extras in the bathroom make up for it), The roof has great views and fun.

Very good hostel, the owners give you all the necessary tips on what to sightsee and everything.

Standard Single Private which I reserved turned out not to be quite "standard". It was some space without window, enough just for one bed. So I would recommend in property information to warn visitors about the type of such a room.

Nice place! Very peacefull, clean and with a great staff!

No lift to the 4th floor