IS@K Guest House Reviews

4F, 683-134 Hannam-Dong, Yongsan-Ku, Seoul, South Korea

A competent hostel - it is well run and tidy. No windows in the 4 bed dorm which makes it feel a bit cramped. Location is quite good if you like the foreigner part of seoul. If you want to experience more of 'real' seoul, Itaewon might not be the place. However, this hostel is a good value for money spot to sleep and it is safe and clean.

After 6 months of travelling a hostel for me needs to have 2 main ingredients, staff that care and are there to show off their city and a good atmosphere. This hostel is one of the friendliest I've been to. Plenty of restaurants in the area, subway is nearby and rooftop bar has amazing views. Missing the place already!

I really enjoyed my stay. The manager was very accomadating and attentive even though i arrived late. My room was comfortable with good air con and the showers worked really well. I will definitely stay again next time I come to Seoul.

I asked the am staff if I could extend my stay and he said it was ok to pay the extra night upon check out...next thing I know the night staff comes to wake me up at 3am demanding immediate payment...definitely not good customer service skills here

Thank you for your review. We checked our staff what happen at that night. We did not wake you up. Our staff saw you were watching your mobile phone not sleeping So our staff noticed you that you did not pay the money yet. Because you did not tell us when you pay and check out the next day. you came to hostel very late. We did not ask you to pay the money immediately. Because we closed account and office. You could pay in the morning when you But We are sorry if you were up set about t

I stayed in a private room and although it is super small it was actually really cosy and very clean and quiet. Staff are so helpful and kind. Bathrooms were clean and the hostel felt very safe. Excellent value for money, would 100% stay again!

• 11th Jul 2015

The hostel manager was very accommodating. I arrived very late and left very early, but was still able to get into my room and everything was taken care of. The showers were great and my room was very comfortable. Air conditioning was a huge plus! Thank you and I'll definitely be using this guest house again next time I'm in Seoul!

the hostel was alright, just really hard to find. Seoul was a bore because everything is closed due to MERS. staff was alright. things were adequately clean. appreciated having toast for breakfast and the rooftop was lovely. I think I had a bummer time because nobody was around - I came on the weekday and there were like three people there.

Staff were very friendly and helpful, and were happy to tell us all about Korean culture! (Especially k-pop!)

This is one of if not the best hostel I've stayed in in 5 months of travelling across Asia! The staff were so helpful, the hostel itself was fantastic, facilities were great and the location was brilliant. Absolutely loved staying here, it made my trip to Seoul.

• 15th Jun 2015

It was chill. Comfy bed, friendly staff, everything was clean. good choice.

Very nice and friendly atmosphere! Also a great place to meet other travelers!

Excellent place to meet people

A massive fan of this hostel!!! I stayed here for 8 nights and loved every minute. Free food which was very generous, free americano coffee every morning which tastes very good. Proper coffee machine. 5-10 minute walk to a good nightlife spot. I could go on, no cons about this hostel. Staff were happy to help with anything you asked. Also a nice rooftop to enjoy the sunrise. (If you're into that kind of stuff) weather generally good but little cold at night. Loved Korea a very beautiful country.

I really enjoyed my stay. Dukho and his staff were very helpful. They gave me tips and information. The only downside is that ladies dorm is facing the road so if you keep windows open, then it is too noisy in the night. The hostel is very well maintained, safe and clean. I loved their policy of leaving footwear outside and wearing house slippers in the hostel. Very akin to Asian culture. If I go to Seoul again, I will definitely stay with them. It is well located also.

I stayed there for 3 nights. On second night,there is a male guest coming into the room with shoes. I thought guests not allowed to bring shoe inside but that was at night time. On 3rd night, there is another male guest coming in.shocked with the small room because i thought it can fit only 4 persons at one time but five actually.you should.maintain it 4 persons max to give others some space.tq

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

I am really sorry for the inconvenience. We notice to every guests must take off their shoes. But sometime they are confused. about the space actually you have booked 5 person dorm room. So we sometimes made extra bed for the guest in dorm room.Please understand it Thank you

Great staff and location. There are comfortable beds and lockers in the rooms. Free coffee/tea and toast are a great plus. I would definitely recommend this hostel and will stay again!

We loved the hostel and it was placed in a good environment. Thank you!

Amazing location - right in the center of Itawon and close to the subway station. Amazing staff and owner! Coming back again in a few days :)

very good value for the price

• 18th Apr 2015

I so love the place the first time I travelled to Seoul last year. So for this year I chose to stay there again, and for the second time around I had a pleasant stay. The place is maintained clean always, the staff are very approachable, knowledgeable and helpful. The free bread/tea nook is a nice filling and refreshing come-on especially for a budget traveller like me, it is a great help. Isak is like my home in Seoul.