IS@K Guest House Reviews

4F, 683-134 Hannam-Dong, Yongsan-Ku, Seoul, South Korea

it's in okay place. The staff was friendly and location is good enough. However, I probably would pay extra to stay in a hotel. If you need somewhere to stay for one night, go for it. Anything more than that, and your back will pay.

The staff is very friendly and on my ast day, they showed me how to use the subway to the airport, which was relatively cheaper than taking a bus. I will be coming back in future.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • South Africa

Just the best hostel ever 10/10👌

this is the fourth time i stayed in this guesthouse and everything is fine here and i suggest the usage of Hangangjin station instead of itaewon as it have elevator go to ground level on the same side of the guesthouse.

Simply put: wow! Extremely clean, extremely comfortable and with the added bonus of free toast, butter and jam 24h a day. The hostel is located in a funky part of Seoul where you can find food from all over the world. It's a quick subway ride into town so you're not really that far. The internet is super fast and the staff will go out of their way to help you and make sure you're feeling right at home. Would stay again!

This is my second time at Is@k and I'm happy with the property, the staff and their hospitality. The location is great. DownstAirs there is a money exchange, GS25 and restaurant galore! Best of all the airport bus/shuttle is just 30 meters away.

The single room was a closet with a bed and a small cupboard in it for hanging clothes etc. You had to walk through the group room, to get to it. Not exactly what I was expecting, but overall not too bad for the price. The staff was friendly and the facilities were not bad. If you don't mind sharing facilities or being in close quarters to other people, it's a good place to stay for the price and loacation.

• 24th Oct 2014

Was ok but considering its so close to G Guesthouse Is@k is worse on all parameters so no reason to chose this place. But it was ok safe clean ect. Only complaint is the layout, stayed in a 6man dorm and there were 3 other rooms whose only entrance was through the 6man dorm.

A good little place in a good location for public transport and nightlife I would stay again.

A little hard to find but other than that an amazing experience with very helpful staff.

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Russia

We stayed in the twin room which was the best option for us. Bread, butter and jam readily available. Cold, filtered water there to use. Washing machine available. The toilet and the shower are in the same cubicle which I haven't experienced before, good strong shower though Location is great. Plenty of restaurants and shops and very convenient for the subway. Other guests were quiet and considerate.

We had wanderful time at the gesthouse and seoul and we aregrateful for your help in discovering your beautiful city

this was a great hostel and the staff couldn't be any more helpful, when i wanted to book a tour the staff were kind enough to phone the tour company up and book it for me. The location is close to a main metro station as well as tot he museum. overall great time was had here

The hostel is located in the expat central of Seoul so it's foreigner friendly and food everywhere. It is in a pretty convenient surburb and metro line. The staff at the hostel were great and friendly, great common area to meet, chat, and watch TV.

Except for the difficulty to walk upstairs to the 3rd floor, everything else was perfectly great! The toilet is convenient as it has bidets installed. It's location is near masjid and there are many halal restaurants around. The guesthouse owner was very nice and hospitable. Would strongly recommend this place for any travellers

One thing I love here is the location. It's easy to find and its withing the heart of Itaewon streets. I just don't love the smell inside our room :-(

Thank you for your review. We knew that there was some smell in the room. but that is not our fault. The smell was from the one of the guest in your room. We could not tell them. It is smelly. We tried to open the window and fresh air and more. But we could not remove it from their body or the belongings Thank you

8am daily wakeup call was frustrating. Every morning between 8-9am, a member of staff came into our dorm an opened the window/curtains leaving the room bright and Noisey (busy road outside) making it almost impossible to sleep. Given this hostel is located in a party district I'm surprised at this policy and seemed to frustrate others dorm mates too. Otherwise- Pros: good location, free cold drinking water, nice staff. Cons: shower/toilet facilities below average, bed sheets insufficient.

Thank you for your review. I am sorry for disturbing your sleeping. The morning call was not our fault. You were in the shared room so you should complain to him directly or let us know about your inconvenience. Some guests checked out early in the morning. So we should arrange the room immediately for the next guest. Please understand it is usually happening in the shared room. Please take a private room If you want to sleep alone. Thank you

All and all great location. My room was a block away from the main hostel. So the place lost the hostel vibe.

I'dd been travelling for 10 months when I got to Korea, IS@K was by far the best hostel I've stayed in. A good atmosphere and friendly staff are a massive positive for a hostel, in this case the owner, Dukho, is a very good host who was very helpful with directions and anything else we needed. All other staff are nice too. Atmostphere is really good because the first place you walk into is the TV area where most people hang out so its very easy to meet friendly people 100% would recommend!

• 27th Sep 2014

This is a wonderful hostel! The location in Itaewon is very convenient and safe, the hostel is super clean with a nice chill out room with a projector and the staff are super helpful and nice! If you're looking for a great place to stay in Seoul, I couldn't think of one better than this one! :)

• 25th Sep 2014