IS@K Guest House Reviews

4F, 683-134 Hannam-Dong, Yongsan-Ku, Seoul, South Korea

I had a private room, which was small but comfortable. It's on the 4th floor and there is no elevator so if you a lot of luggage it's kind of inconvenient.

Mixed bathrooms were not metnioned and I was disappointed when I arrived to find that I was sharing a bathroom with males. There were cans and rubbish in the lockers in my room, showed that it hadn't been cleaned properly. Also my bed cover was covered in hairs. The room was very small and the pictures shown for a twin room looked different then what we were given. The door had a gap at the top and bottom so everything from outside could be heard.

• 26th Dec 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry about your room. We will take care of cleaness. our staff did not check the lockers. We have only shared shawer room. We noticed it. The photo is random photo. What you saw on our website is Deluxe twin bed room not budget twin bed room You booked budget twin bed room. sorry for confusing.

I stayed there during the long Xmas break and it gives u more than the value of money. It is loacted in the party centre of the city with great connectivity. The manager was very helpful and even called up to enquire when I was running late at night. Its an ideal place to stay if u travellin on budget.

• 25th Dec 2015
  • India

This hostel is in a very good location. I would say if it was your first day in South Korea it's a good idea to start from this location. It's smal, little cramped. The staff are nice. Not a hostel where you would meet many other backpackers if that's what your looking for. For food, coffee shops and getting to other locations via the underground it's very good. Allot of tourist around as its a tourist prime location. Not the best area to go partying at. Thank you

It has been a pleasant stay for 6 nights. Location was great, only 6mins away from itaewon station . It's just too convenient to be true! And wifi connection was great. Facilities were so much more than I can expected such as 24hours coffee, green/red tea bags & bread provided & a mobile phone line was 24 hours provided for guests.isak house is truly value for money. Space in the room was a bit too small, well it doesn't bother me at all.

• 22nd Dec 2015
  • Malaysia

Excellent staff, especially the manager, very welcoming and the rooms are warm and homely. 100% recommend this place to anybody staying in Itaewon

• 18th Dec 2015

I wanted a bed for the night and it was just that. People came in loudly super late, but that's not too unexpected. The guy stayed late to allow me to check it just after midnight. Plus, its a bargain! Although I wouldn't want to stay for a long time, this place was pretty great!

Staff was accommodating and helpful with my late check-in. Hostel is located relatively close to the metro station, in a very nice neighborhood. There plenty restaurants, bakeries and nice cute shops in the area.

Great place to stay, lovely and flexible staff. Environment was easy to meet fellow travellers

• 17th Nov 2015

very nice place!

Very good stay, thank you. But my umbrella was stolen the next day and I had to buy another one :(

Thank you for your review I am really sorry for your umbrella. Some rude guest took yours. but it was return to our hostel. the y used it without asking to staff But we will take care of the customers belonging. Thank you

The lock on our door didn't work, apparently, because in the middle of the night someone drunkenly opened our door by mistake. The other room guests brought random friends over--so I literally had no idea who might be in the next room. It was Halloween, so I expected a little bit of talking, but these people were talking very loudly at 4am. Not impressed, but it's a hostel, so I don't think there's much I can do. Still...a little tighter security would be nice. Other than that, all good.

Is@k is right in the Itaewon area which made it really easy to head out for a fun night in the international district of Seoul. The staff was pretty friendly but there wasn't much interaction after the introduction. The bathrooms have everything you need but were pretty small. Our stay was comfortable in the 6-person dorm though and the rooftop view is amazing. If you're looking for a good affordable place to go out in Itaewon, then this is ideal!

The staff are super friendly and helpful, but in the end of the day, the reason why you go to your hostel is to rest and sleep. If you can't sleep for any reason at all, the whole experience becomes a bad one. The place is nice and you even have free use of towels and WiFi, but the place is INFESTED with mosquitoes. Be sure to bring insect repellent if you want to have a decent sleep. Spent 4 nights here. Third night slept for a bit. Fourth night I BARELY slept. Urgent fumigation needed.

• 16th Oct 2015
  • Honduras

Thank you for your review. I am sorry about the Mosquito. Nobody reproted about mosquito to staff. We did not know. We found out someone open the window at the night. We had mosquito protection but we did not know that we will make mind again.

Great helpful staff.top notch nighburhood.

• 16th Oct 2015

Excellent

• 10th Oct 2015

Owner was exceedingly helpful despite the fact we were only staying one night. We booked a private room which was in a pleasant annex to the main building in Itaewon, a fashionable neighborhood with many foreign restaurants.

• 8th Oct 2015

Excellent hostel with the low price. Excellent staff, especially John Buho.

It's a great place, really good value for money. It even includes a basic breakfast. Two downsides: - The TV is often on in the living area. I don't like that. - The area is very international, lots of westerners. It depends what you are looking for.

Hostel is effectively run. And there's a living room and roof top area to hang out but that also means more noise. Had to use ear plugs because of noise of the house party in house which went past 12mn. But this is a plus point to some people too! Washing machine and kitchen seem very welcomed by many but I didn't use. Bathrooms are sufficient tho toilets at 2 is a bit little for the place. Last pt to note this is at the top of 4 storeys and sign is small. Look for female pig caricature poster.