IS@K Guest House Reviews

4F, 683-134 Hannam-Dong, Yongsan-Ku, Seoul, South Korea

Basically, I am a returnee to this hostel, so I generally feel good about it.

Wonderful place to stay and conveniently situated in Itaewon! Thanks~

it was just simply comfortable and memorable. The staff are helpful and efficient, and very friendly yet professional. After a tiring day, i always look forward to going home at the guesthouse where i can relax. My stay in ISAK Guesthouse made my Korea trip memorable and comfortable. I highly recommend them to my friends. I hope they won't change. Thanks ISAK

• 3rd Mar 2014
  • Philippines

Wonderful hostel! Visited from Japan and owner even spoke Japanese. Very clean, very good place!

I stayed in the mixed dorm for two night. Its actually like the public area with curtain covered. The bed is cozy and there is locker for each traveler. The washroom is bit humid especially after people taking shower. There is bread with butter and jam, as well as milk for the complimentary breakfast.

This place was excellent. Friendly and caring staff. Owner was very welcoming and very generous. The rooms were fantastic. I have got nothing but praise.

I stayed at the IS@K Guest House for seven days. The owner Mr. Kim was beyond helpful for getting me settled in and providing me with free maps of Seoul. He spent 30 minutes going over the map with me highlighting everything I needed to do and how to get there(I asked for help since I didn't actually plan anything for Seoul). My entire stay was fantastic, the Guest House is incredibly clean and welcoming, the staff are friendly and speak fantastic english, and the atmosphere was quite laid back.

• 4th Feb 2014

The rooms are great and the common area is nice. Free internet. The laundry and drying is a bit expensive and long...about 10 dollars and it took like 5 or 6 hours because they had to wash other things. The staff was absolutely amazing. Every one of them. I highly recommend this place just on the staff. Also located in international street with lots of bars nearby.

Best hostel I've stayed at, on every level. Location (direct from the airport and 5min walking to the metro) and security (2locked doors outside+lockers in the rooms) are excellent. Perfectly clean. You get free breakfast, free internet, shower gel+shampoo provided... The best remains the atmosphere, thanks to the staff and the owner who do everything to make you feel comfortable and share with you as much as they can on the culture, tips on the city... Best value for money. Absolutely loved it.

Nice stuff, waited for my arrival until 1am. Rooms are clean and in a good shape. WiFi, shower, everything works well. Big recommendation! Thank you for the nice stay!

I have traveled quite a bit, and I must say that this hostel is beyond compare. You won't find better value for money elsewhere: the conditions of the hostel are impeccably clean, comfortable (toasty in winter), and safe (two coded doors at the entrance lockers). What really sets this hostel apart is the atmosphere that the manager and staff maintain. As a solo traveler, they introduced me to many of the other guests and always offered advice about places to visit in Seoul. Truly excellent!

• 30th Dec 2013

First of all, the hostel is really clean. Except for the dorm room I stayed in, which was MUCH more the fault of the other guests. They were all long term guests and had made the room really cluttered and messy. It was clean but there was stuff everywhere. I could barely walk through the room. This is obviously not the hostels fault but asking them to keep tidy would be a good idea. The staff, however, was lovely. Really sweet and helpful. Despite my bad roommates I would stay here again.

Nice guesthouse, nice room nice staff

Really friendly staff who really value their customers. A good location and easy to get to from the airport and subway. I doesn't have a great atmosphere as in its not huge so you can't meet too many people.

Very easy to find, 7min walk to the metro station, super helpful and nice staff and the best coffee I've had in Korea - even by the europian standards. :D Itaewon isn't the main tourist attraction in Seoul but it has cool tiny restaurants, Leeum museum and the War memorial. However, you need to take metro to the city center. Anyway, would absolutely stay there again. Good value for money.

I had quite a big bag and had to carry it up to the 4th floor to the reception. Then it turned out we have to go to another location where the private rooms are located. Thankfully the guy at reception carried the bag there – ­down 3 floors, then up 3 floors again. But on checkout I had to do it myself. Then at checkin it turned out credit card payment incurs 10% price hike – ­this is not marked anywhere. Overall the place is a little depressing, although the staff are very nice.

Good price. However a bit far from then the subway.

I stayed in a deluxe private room that could sleep two in a double bed and one in a single. There is one shared bathroom, filtered water machine, kettle, gas range and refrigerator for use. Staff was very accomodating and there is a phone available in the gueshouse and also in the main part of the hostel where the dorm rooms are in case the owner needs to be contacted in an emergency. Excellent location, friendly staff, and clean rooms. I would definitely recommend IS@K Guest House!

It was great staying at IS@K Guest House. I was in the private bedroom, no issues at all. Shout out to Nate (staff), very friendly and helpful--as well as the owner. The separate guest house is a little bit away, but you can always just hang out in the main room and meet new people. Location is good too, just need to remember to "look up" when you're looking for the sign (it's obscured by trees depending what side of the street you're on). I will recommend this place to my friends.

• 8th Nov 2013

Something that I didn't really like is lack of light - no windows in common area nor in the rooms (at least the one I used). And also the doors of private rooms are half open, so keeping it quiet is quite difficult. Other than that it's new and clean, easy to find and provides helpful information. Area is just ok, I found other parts of Seoul a bit more vivid.