IS@K Guest House Reviews

4F, 683-134 Hannam-Dong, Yongsan-Ku, Seoul, South Korea

The hostel owner was very friendly and helpful, always trying to create a comfortable atmosphere for the guests. The hostel itself was fairly small, but provided all the necessary amenities. Great location for foreigners--in the foreigner district of Seoul and close to 2 metro stations. We stayed in the private 2-bed room which was filled 50% with the bunk bed and left just enough room for our bags. The living room area was spacious and the co-ed bathroom quite small. Otherwise great.

Stayed in a standard mixed 6 bed dorm. 5 mins walk from subway station. Staff are great; they helped me arrange a DMZ tour. There's a convenience store opposite. The 4 flights of stairs can be troublesome. Would prefer to have individual lights for each dorm bed and a cleaner bathroom (might have to wait for cubicles at times). Hostels in seoul tend to be pricey, even for basic dorms. Good place to crash the night.

I met some of the most insightful and warm people in this hostel. The staff all spoke English and helped me order food a few times. The price of each night was affordable. My biggest complaint would be that the hostel needs more power outlets and perhaps provided universal surge protector. I found it so hard to mount my adapters to the wall in my single room and outside the lounge. It became a funny joke to those who stayed in the hostel, and I guess you lose something and you gain something.

having the rooms all in the same building so meeting people would be more accessible. .

• 3rd Jul 2014

I'm going to miss you all!!! Farewell from the English twit :p and stay healthy! I don't expect to return to Korea, so this is my last goodbye. ;_;

Cheap and convenient. Staff are really friendly and excessible, facilities are simple but fine. Rooftop is a really nice touch. The surrounding Itaewon neighborhood is fun and eclectic.

Very nice staff. Super helpful. Free breakfast.

• 2nd Jul 2014

I had a very good stay at IS@K. The owner was on site and showed me around the facility. It was a very welcoming atmosphere. Everyone was super friendly. It's not too far from a tube stop and busses run up and down the street regularly. It's close to a plethora of places to eat. There are only two toilets but they were clean and always available when needed. The water pressure in the showers totally aces and plenty of hot water.

This hostel is one of the best in Seoul by far. The rooms are spotless, staff is super friendly and helpful, and it is is a great location. Make sure you head up to the roof top for a sweet spot to drink or relax (great views too!)

this is a nice hostel located in the small city. Not too far via bus to all the great locations to visit. A great market nearby.

Wow! What a brilliant hostel! I would reccomend it to everyone The owner Duko and his staff really go out of their way to help you and plan your trips, train journeys, subwat routes, shopping etc The most helpful freiendly staff Ive come across! THe beds are super comphy- best sleep ive had in ages! Movie nights on a big screen Free toast jam butter, tea , coffee, biscuits 24/7 towel shampo soap hairdryer etc provided Just look out for the piggy mona lisa on the street when finding the hostel!

The location is great for sightseeing or if your visit is related to the nearby military base. It is good for seeing central Seoul. If you are travel weary or coming in late it is far from Incheon airport. The security lockers are about the size of carry on luggage; if you have anything larger maybe they can store it behind the counter. I was a bit worried about the check out because nobody was working at the front desk when I wanted to leave; but it was not a problem.

• 16th May 2014

As far as hostels go, this was one of the top ones I've been to. Extremely helpful staff and clean facilities. I was happy that the dorm area had a giant curtain to block out the light so it was always possible to sleep easily at anytime. Incredibly affordable and less than a 5 minute walk to the main area. Very close to the dining areas. Definitely will stay here next time I'm in Seoul.

The staff was actually really nice, but everything was a little unorganized...

Great place to stay! In a great neighborhood, close to many bars and restaurants, subway and bus stops. Staff is friendly and helpful, there are free maps and even free coffee, tea and toast! Big TV and comfy common area, use of kitchen and fridge, clean water. Security code on the door and lockers in the room- would definitely go back and reccomend to everyone:)

One of the best hostels I've stayed at.

Friendly staff. We stayed in the dorms but I got a peek into the private single and double rooms and would not recommend - they are absolutely tiny and don't have much sound insulation as they're just partitioned off from the mixed dorm.

Thank you for your review. But your mention about Single room or double room. That rooms that you saw was the cheapest budget room. That was not all. We have deluxe and normal single room more. You saw only part of our hostel. Thank you

Very friendly, helpful staff. I stayed in a single room and it was small and very hot and stuffy, with no air ventilation. Other than that, I have no complaints. The hostel was very clean and in a central location with a lot of (international) restaurants and nightlife.

Basically, I am a returnee to this hostel, so I generally feel good about it.

Wonderful place to stay and conveniently situated in Itaewon! Thanks~