ITH Zoo Hostel San Diego Reviews

3751 6th ave, San Diego, USA

This was an interesting hostel. Most of the rooms in this hostel are occupied by semi-permanent (1-6 months) tenants which are mostly foreign students. Only a handful of rooms are dedicated to regular travelers which is odd. Despite this, the atmosphere was pretty good. Room was kind of gross between the smell and mess but this falls mostly on room occupants. It can get loud at night but I've been in hostels that have been much louder.

Hey Steve, We are sorry to hear that your experience here was anything less than amazing! We are a different type of hostel given that we also accommodate students for longer periods of time. However, our staff works hard to make integrate all of our guests and students. In regards to your room, we would have been more than happy to assist in getting rid of any smell due to other occupants. Please, let us know next time and we would more than happy to accommodate these needs for you! Cheers!

Had a wonderful time while staying at the ITH Zoo Hostel in San Diego. I was only there for the weekend (for the Broncos/Chargers Game), but was able to meet people from around the Globe. The atmosphere is great, with activities, breakfast and dinner provided, the value for money can't be beat! None the less, I would stay here again due to its close proximity to the Zoo.

Hey Eric! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Being less than 2 miles from the San Diego Zoo is one of the great things about staying at our hostel so we are glad you took advantage of that as well as the free meals. We hope to see you again in the future! Cheers, Julia Strippoli Assistant Manager

Great place to chill and good people to have around

I had a really good time at ITH Zoo, thank you! My only suggestion is to replace margarine with butter! It makes such difference.

I ve Been for a mistake of hostelworld' reservation in the ITH ZOO' twin, called ITH adventures.both The hostel are cool, clean, nice people and very very nice friendly. Probably for The atmosphere i wanna suggest ITH ADVENTURES.but The review is about The same!

A fun gang of folks there at ITH Zoo. Staff and fellow travelers alike. The staff are very intuitive and responsive about travelers' needs.

Absolutely amazing hostel - cannot fault anything. The staff here is the greatest hostel staff I have ever encountered and I have been travelling for 6 months around america. They will always be there to go above and beyond for you if you have an issue. I spent most days and nights with people from the hostel as the organised activities are so good. And free dinner! You simply can't beat that. I was genuinely sad to say goodbye to people I met here. Will absolutely return! Definitely stay here

Great place. There are a ton of activities to do. The staff is extremely helpful, especially the blonde girl with the glasses at the reception desk. Their group trip to Mexico was great and the bottomless mimosas they had for Sunday breakfast were a steal. Great ambiance; very easy to meet other people to do activities together (e.g. go to Balboa Park, Coronado Island, San Diego Zoo, Old Town, Gas Lamp, Tijuana). Dislikes: Jaded long term tenants, women in the men's bathrooms, no AC.

Great location and hired bikes from a delivery service and rode on several bike ways from here Has no air con so it was really hot and very difficult to sleep at night - only had 1 small poky window so no breeze came in Great cooked breakfast & provided free dinners some nights. Staff were brilliant and so helpful

There was no ACC hard to sleep because it'seems too hut, noise come from the street. The smell of the carbit and the room terrible.

• 19th Sep 2015
  • Saudi Arabia

One of the best hostels I've stayed in in the States. Easily met all standard requirements of a hostel and the staff were second to none. The hostel has regular organised activities and the staff were generally helpful and very accommodating. We had only a short stay but it felt like we were being welcomed into a small community of friends.

• 15th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

Fantastic experience here as a solo traveller, very sociable and things arranged to bring everyone together. Staff were awesome!

This is just the best hostel ever. Everyone -staff and travelers- are all just amazing/nice/welcoming/friendly. I could not have felt more at home! We only planned on staying one night but ended up staying five nights. It's so clean, the rooms have a good size and the trips/ activities that the hostel offers is amazing !

• 27th Aug 2015

Wondeful family atmosphere in this hostel. Loads of events organised, including a very interesting game of Pictionary. Evening meals provided which meant that everyone from the hostel got together and socialised with each other. Great if you are wanting to find people to go and have a party with. Would strongly recommend for most travellers.

Very friendly and feels like family.

• 16th Aug 2015

I had the best time ever here! Everyone is so friendly and the meals that are included are all home cooked from scratch. The accommodation and facilities are exceptionally clean. The staff are so helpful and friendly... Would definitely reccmend!

• 13th Aug 2015

Very good place to stay Maybe give tips for parking in advance