IchiEnSou Reviews

4-2 Komatsu-Chou SijoSagaru 4 Choume YamatoOojiDou, Kyoto, Japan

The guesthouse was in a fantastic location and it was a short walk to the bus stop to get to the numerous attractions around the city. The rooms and washrooms were both very clean. I loved the common area, it was a great place to get to meet the other guests and the atmosphere of the place was just very cozy and homey. Really great place to stay at for solo travellers!

Front door is locked but no lockers available for use. Theft however didn't seem like huge concern in Japan in general, so if you're paranoid bring a lockable suitcase. Location is right in the Gion district so it is very lively and close to many main attractions. Easy access from Kyoto station. Staff is helpful and happy to answer questions. There are only two showers serving the hostel but I didn't have to wait much. Hostel seemed a bit old and dusty. Could use some more cleaning.

I thought that the front door could be a little stronger, but it was a delightful stay altogether. Kind hosts, traditional atmosphere, and fun bathrooms.

• 9th Jun 2015

Great location, easy to find with good directions on how to get there. Got to the hostel early and we're able to store our bag until check-in. Staff were very knowledgeable and went out of theit way to try to help out. Hostel was spotless.

• 1st Jun 2015

Thank you so much for making my stay in Kyoto so perfect. I really loved my tatami private room and the friendly chats with the staff (including little Miss Yui). Perfect location and nice, quiet, chilled atmosphere. Will definitely stay again if I visit Kyoto.

Hmm,not sure if I would stay again in this hostel.Cleanliness and location are top,but the atmosphere is definitely not for a backpacker type,more for boring couples.I'm not a party person myself,but this hostel is too quiet.Common room is mostly empty.Facilities are not top notch for Japan.Staff is not engaging and knowledgeable as in other hostels.No recommendations for places to eat or anything alike.Stayed there for nine days!Kyoto is mostly dead at night,do day trips to Osaka-Namba instead.

Very nice please. Needs more restrooms though. There's just the 1 shower available before 8am

Staff gave me a kindness and friendship.Made me feel like stay at my home.they speak English well,easy to contact.Atmosphere is relax and peace.Lacation is good.

• 2nd May 2015
  • Thailand

I had a brilliant stay at IchiEnSou guest house. I was delighted to find I had bagged a traditional floor bed for my 3 night stay. What a lovely place, run by a wonderful family. Nice vibe too, met lots of great and likeminded travellers and was in a really handy spot for the gion district and station. Very clean, excellent! Thank you so much! 😊

IchiEnSou is just in the perfect location as a tourist in Kyoto. It is just 1 minute away from the Geisha district. The staff is super helpful and kind. The common room has a pleasant athomphere and it gives you a possibility to talk with the other guests. I can recommend this accomodation for everyone. Perfect value for money. Cheers, Szilvi&Flóra from Hungary

Great location and clean hostel. One way it could improve is by having more tourist information available. But it is a really great place to stay in Kyoto.

A picturesque guesthouse in the heart of Kyoto. Staff were super friendly and helpful. The house was spotless, they clean everything top to bottom everyday. Not the kind of place to stay if your a party animal but most go to Kyoto for the sights in which case this is the perfect place to base.

Wonderful, helpful staff. In a great location. Fantastic experience of sleeping on tatami mat. I would stay there again in a heart beat!