IchiEnSou Reviews

4-2 Komatsu-Chou SijoSagaru 4 Choume YamatoOojiDou, Kyoto, Japan

A picturesque guesthouse in the heart of Kyoto. Staff were super friendly and helpful. The house was spotless, they clean everything top to bottom everyday. Not the kind of place to stay if your a party animal but most go to Kyoto for the sights in which case this is the perfect place to base.

Wonderful, helpful staff. In a great location. Fantastic experience of sleeping on tatami mat. I would stay there again in a heart beat!

ichiensou was best hostel among i stayed. clean and all staffs were kind and friendly. if i visit kyoto again, i w'll choice ichiensou again.! if u want to experience traditional japan's style u must go ichiensou!!!

• 24th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Staff speaks fluent English and very helpful, place is very clean and comfortable, easy to get to from kyoto station

• 13th Jan 2015

Fantastic location in Gion with subway and buses very close by. Staff was by far the most amazing aspect of this hostel. Employees wrre super nice and went above and beyond to help me out from providing maps to offering me food. They defined the experience! Just an FYI there are no lockers but I never had anything taken. The house itself is a unique fun experience

very cozy, strongly recommended, convenient location, the room and facilities far surpass the pics

• 4th Nov 2014
  • China

Very good location. The owner and his family are very nice and helpfull. His helpers are ok. You have to wait until 4 pm.that u can check in.

Wonderfully traditional building over 100 years old. I enjoyed staying in the tatami style room (my first time in Japan). The size is quite intimate yet still very comfortable, making it quite easy to meet other travelers. Was a wonderful experience that I will cherish for a long time.

Lovely stay here - much like a homestay with tatami mats and the family are very warm it was so cozy and comfy and old and dark like a traditional place you would imagine in kyoto plus right on geisha street perfect location. owners were so kind printing directions to my next hostel in tokyo for me for free and have refunded the deposit as i sort of double booked but didnt cancel it properly. not that i minded but for security maybe more for the room as easy for anyone to come in but not big prb

Hostel is so peaceful its definitely more a guesthouse and you stay pretty much with the owners family in tatami mats. I made friends with my two female roomies and we went temple hopping on bikes together. the owner showed where we could rent the bikes on a map. location of hostel is perfect on geisha street. nice fast laptop, hairdryers, but mostly it was a very cozy lounge area that felt very traditional. I slept so well in this hostel and felt very at home and its walking distance to all!

the location is perfect!Staff are helpful and friendly, but the bath rooms are not enough. anyway, it's a great choice in Kyoto!