IchiEnSou Reviews

4-2 Komatsu-Chou SijoSagaru 4 Choume YamatoOojiDou, Kyoto, Japan

The staff were very very friendly and they helped us keep our lugages before check in and after check out. Despite only being here for two nights, it was comfortable and enjoyable. Cheers to the lovely lady that helped us! I really recommend this place :)

• 21st Jan 2016

One of the best hostels we have stayed in and we have stayed in quite a lot. The atmosphere is cozy and very relaxed and the owner is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are really nice and clean. Highly recommended!

• 19th Dec 2015

Beautiful hostel in a great location. The guys who runs the place is so friendly and nice, as are the rest of the staff. This is probably the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in. We stayed in the 7 bed dorm and it was comfortable and spacious. The common room downstairs is also great for mingling with the other guests and has heaps of books and a computer. Highly recommended! We really enjoyed our stay.

I found IchiEnSou to be a cozy, homey hostel; definitely not a "party" hostel. The owner, who speaks perfect English, and staff are all friendly and helpful. 7-person mixed dorm was spacious, but no lockers, FYI. There is a creak in the floor due to the age of the building, but it's just part of the charm of the hostel. There are only 2 showers but even at full capacity I never found this a problem. Bikes can be rented for 500 yen/day. Wi-Fi worked well. Great location in Gion near the subway.

Small but cosy hostel. Really friendly staff and amazing location, right in the gion district so very easy to get to most touristy sights. I met some great people and would definitely stay here again next time!

I had such a great time here - Sunam & Co were both staff and friends, helping me to book a hospital appointment and coming out for drinks in the evening. The place was clean and you cannot get a better location in Kyoto - right in the centre of Gion. The place had a very chill vibe, so it's not a party hostel at all, but in Kyoto I wasn't looking for that. The only drawback is you have to go to the laundry shop to wash clothes, but it's very close by. I would 100% stay here again.

Amazing stuff, and also other guests were nice. The place is conveniently located. It has two shower rooms, one of them usable 24h, and the other not usable during resting hours. The shared room is nice, 7 bunk beds with a lamp, kind-of bedside surface, a stick to hang clothes (hangers available), but no place to leave the bags. You just try to put them out of the way. Very conveniently placed in Gion, close to Shijo Kawaramachi. Don't forget to bring your own towel :)

• 19th Sep 2015
  • Spain

The location is perfect - right by Gion district. What makes it more amazing is the friendly staff. I felt like I was at home for my entire stay. Definitely my go to place every time I go to Kyoto.

• 4th Sep 2015

Best hostel I've ever stayed in!! Like staying with family, the knowledge of Kyoto is incredible and really reliable. The rooms were clean and tidy and the atmosphere was one of friends. I'd 100% go back to this hostel at the drop of a hat!!