IchiEnSou

Superb 874 Total Reviews
Superb 874 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 25-30
15th Mar 2017

I really enjoyed my stay at this charming, quiet hostel hidden in Gion, one of the most beautiful district in Kyoto. The couple running the place are lovely, as are their young daughters who insist that the guests play with them. No lockers or locks on the door, but given how secluded the hostel is I'm not worried and there is a safe for laptops and other valuables. Beds were nice, lovely shower room and a good kitchen and lounge area that always had a few people chilling out.

17th Feb 2017

Great place, location, cozy, lovely staff and definitely recommended.

• Australia, All Male Group, 18-24
11th Feb 2017

Really nice little hostel located right near the subway. Owner is a really nice guy as well and was happy to help tell us some things to do around Kyoto. The only negative was that the cleaners are very noisy when they come on the room. That being said if you're up before 11 that won't be an issue! Would definitely recommend staying here if you're looking for a cozy quiet place to stay.

• Singapore, Female, 18-24
11th Feb 2017

Good: The staff were very friendly and helpful, atmosphere was very cozy. First time sleeping on futon for me - it was a good experience (though I still prefer a fluffy comfortable bed). Not so good: The bathroom was tiled, and there was no ventilator - so the window was constantly open to ventilate the toilet. No issues on privacy since there is a shower curtain, but it made bathing extremely cold during winter.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
31st Jan 2017

The place is in a perfect location and the staff are so friendly! Would highly recommend

1st Jan 2017

The hostel is very comfortable and Yashi is an awesome host. The location is quite good. I'm not sure that Kyoto has an ideal location to be because everything is so spread out, but I think the hostel is at a pretty good place. It is very close to 2 different subway lines. The hostel has a comfortable common area where people can interact and we found that people were very friendly and full of advice. The beds were very comfortable. My only real concern is the lack of lockers.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
23rd Dec 2016

This place is a true gem! I was herenfor 1 week over Christmas and had an amazing stay. The atmosphere in the common space is magical I could sit there and relax for hours in the well heated room listening to Jazz music played by the owners. The owners are so lovely! I talked with them everyday and they made me feel like I was with my long lost Japanese family! Facilities were good. But no lockers, not that I ever felt unsafe as it's such a small place where everyone knows everyone

• England, Couple, 31-40
17th Nov 2016

very pleasant place to stay with very friendly host. a small place so more like staying at a b&b than a hostel. easy to reach from the main station by tube, I actually quite liked the walk though. bit chilly at night but it was nearly December. river nearby nice to walk along.

• Thailand, Female, 31-40
15th Nov 2016

I love everything about this place. This is like your second home. The staff are all friendly and very helpful with each other. I had good sleep for all the 3 nights. The location is perfect, near train station and bus stops, walking distance to many attractions. Convenient stores and supermarkets is just around corner. extremely safe even without locker. The only bad point is that there are only 2 showers but that is not problem for me since I only take shower in the evening.

• Malaysia, Female, 25-30
14th Nov 2016

Nice and cozy. Great location. Friendly people. Am very glad I stayed there for 6 nights.