IchiEnSou Reviews

4-2 Komatsu-Chou SijoSagaru 4 Choume YamatoOojiDou, Kyoto, Japan

Staff gave me a kindness and friendship.Made me feel like stay at my home.they speak English well,easy to contact.Atmosphere is relax and peace.Lacation is good.

• 2nd May 2015
  • Thailand

I had a brilliant stay at IchiEnSou guest house. I was delighted to find I had bagged a traditional floor bed for my 3 night stay. What a lovely place, run by a wonderful family. Nice vibe too, met lots of great and likeminded travellers and was in a really handy spot for the gion district and station. Very clean, excellent! Thank you so much! 😊

IchiEnSou is just in the perfect location as a tourist in Kyoto. It is just 1 minute away from the Geisha district. The staff is super helpful and kind. The common room has a pleasant athomphere and it gives you a possibility to talk with the other guests. I can recommend this accomodation for everyone. Perfect value for money. Cheers, Szilvi&Flóra from Hungary

Great location and clean hostel. One way it could improve is by having more tourist information available. But it is a really great place to stay in Kyoto.

A picturesque guesthouse in the heart of Kyoto. Staff were super friendly and helpful. The house was spotless, they clean everything top to bottom everyday. Not the kind of place to stay if your a party animal but most go to Kyoto for the sights in which case this is the perfect place to base.

Wonderful, helpful staff. In a great location. Fantastic experience of sleeping on tatami mat. I would stay there again in a heart beat!

ichiensou was best hostel among i stayed. clean and all staffs were kind and friendly. if i visit kyoto again, i w'll choice ichiensou again.! if u want to experience traditional japan's style u must go ichiensou!!!

• 24th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Staff speaks fluent English and very helpful, place is very clean and comfortable, easy to get to from kyoto station

• 13th Jan 2015

Fantastic location in Gion with subway and buses very close by. Staff was by far the most amazing aspect of this hostel. Employees wrre super nice and went above and beyond to help me out from providing maps to offering me food. They defined the experience! Just an FYI there are no lockers but I never had anything taken. The house itself is a unique fun experience