Ideal Hostel Pension Reviews

Karagozler Mahallesi Zafer Caddesi, No:6, Fethiye, Turkey

The guy who manages the place is really unpleasant. No welcome, no smile, and most of the time he is sleeping on the couch in the common area... even when all guests are waiting for breakfast in the morning while a lady is preparing all the plates by herself. Breakfasts were always late (at least 30 minutes). We skipped one because it was too slow to come and we needed to go. There were no a/c in the room (while it was 35 outside) and the only window overlooked a skylight full of butts.

We arrived at the hostel and they claimed they did not have our booking as the manager had "been away". They offered for us to sleep on the terrace in the stinking hot sun. When we mentioned this to the hostel we moved to they told us this was a common occurrence at the pension.

• 14th Aug 2014

When we first arrived the guy who works here seemed to have no idea what was happening and kinda just shoved a key at us. Once we had our room everything was great, small but comfy bed and clean room and bathroom and the aircon was really good! At check out the same guy was kinda rude and tried to overcharge us... Aside from our strange interactions with him it was a good location and place to stay but not so much for meeting people!

DON'T STAY HERE!! Bottom line!! They overbook all there rooms so people who have booked don't have a bed. You don't want to read a long story review so just simply don't stay here. The one and only staff member is rude and it feels like his hiding from you. They gave me non washed towels (blood on them) and sheets from the last person weren't changed (last person told me themselves) Supposed bus station pick up is not true. Breakfast is 3 tomato and cucumber slices. Tried to overcharge. Terrible

• 4th Aug 2014

The management is very poor, he is never there and when he is he constantly smokes and deals with clients in an offhand manner. The room I got was very poor, no window, the only air came from the rooftop terrace which was interfused with cigarette smoke from the owner and his assistant. As for establishing a quiet time between 11.30 and 8.30 he let a group of chinese backpackers play cards loudly and bang doors in the corridors. I was disgusted!

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Scotland

would never go there again, pictures you posted don't look anything like the actual place, not well kept at all, and the reception we received was terriblle

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • South Africa

When i have arrived there, i couldn't get my room. Because there was no rooms. It was full. Even i booked my room few days ago. They said to me that it was full, so if you could stay in terrace. I didn't have choice to ge other room. It was midnight. So i stayed there for a night. But there were many tourists who experienced that situations like me. I don't understand why they do that.

This is not good budget accommodation. Do not stay here! Front door left open all night, room walls dirty and bathroom mouldy, room was hot - fan provided sounded like a plane landing. Our room had a sheer curtain covering window with a view of the opposing room window which was used by staff - they could see into our room at any time and at night the room was filled with light. Ground + common area littered with rubbish. Staff tried to over charge for room. Pro: Location good...

I arrived late and they forgot about my reservation. so they told me i could stay on the balcony, but still have to pay 15 TLY. After complaining for a long time they gave me a single room for the price of the dorm i booked. That room was not clean at all. Espeially the bathroom was pretty dirty! And they do not pay the busticket to their hostel, what is written on their page. I left after the first night.

• 31st Jul 2014

As seemed to be the case with several other travelers, upon arriving at the hostel I discovered that my room had been given away without my knowledge (although my friend had arrived before the time I listed, by the time he went to the counter to try to check in, our beds were gone). The owner then told us that we could sleep on the (crowded) terrace, which we did for a cheaper price. The one bathroom we had access to was tiny with a door that wouldn't close. This hostel was definitely not ideal.

Made a reservation for a 6 bed dorm. When I got there they told me everything was already booked even though I had my reservation. They offered the terrace, I ended up at a different hostel and when I got to that place I found out that they had done this to a couple of other guys too over the past couple of days. So two of the guys had stayed on the terrace the others guys had ended up at the same hostel at me. So it seems like this place just double books people pretty frequently, not giving a

Staff were nice, didn't really speak English though and didn't have maps available. The room smelled musty but the bed and bathroom were very clean. The location isn't so hard to find but you just have a hill to climb up for the last stretch, it's worth it though because the views from the common room are great. Definitely good value for money.

İ had a great tıme here! The staff was very helpful, İ arrıved late at night and they were stil open to welcome me and helped me right away plan my stay ın Fethiye. I hıghly recommend them to anyone who is lookıng for a frıendly stay!!!

• 6th Jul 2014

Spectacular views across the bay, and close to the marina which helped us a lot (having arrived off a blue cruise). Generous Turkish breakfast and a large common area. Backpackers and families created a relaxed and happy vibe. The owner is an absolute gem, recommending places to visit. We had an extra person staying with us and they were happy to accommodate - even upgraded us to a three bed private. 5min walk to shops and restaurants. Great value, would happily recommend.

• 30th Jun 2014

This hostel is a 5 min walk into town at the Feythiye harbor. Good wifi. Breakfast. Nice view on the terrace. Clean air conditioned rooms. Great value for the cost. And free shuttle from bus stop which was nice.

Much of the staff did not speak English. Standard fair for the price.

It is clean, quiet and well positioned...perfect for a few days to explore the town. The owner speaks great english and is very helpful with anything you need.

Booked a dorm and got a fre upgrade to a private single ensuite on two separate occasions! Great value for 20 tl, the cheapest room I've had in turkey. The staff don't speak much English but are really nice and the location is good too, nice 5 min walk to the town harbour. Very clean room and nice upstairs terrace with grey view. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in fethiye

if you are looking for something basic? than this hostel is a good option. Great view from the terrace. very good breakfast and the rooms are just renovated.

Stayed for one plus an extended of 4 nights. The location was good as it was close to the wharf where most of the tours leave from. It's at the end of Fethiye and there aren't too many places to eat nearby. Since it was the down season the atmosphere wasn't great. Breakfast was standard Turkish and was generally good. The staff were wonderful and the rooms were really spotless clean. They will book tours and give you general advice about Fethiye, very helpful. I would definitely 100% recommend.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7