Ideal Social Hostel Reviews

Suipacha 362, Buenos Aires, Argentina

We only stayed one night and that was enough!!!! The wifi didn't work, and when it did it would log you out and you'd have to re-register. The fan in our room didn't work. There was maintenance work going on outside in the street which started at 7am, it was so noisy, so after very little sleep from being so hot we were now up at that time, a warning from the hostel would have been nice! We didn't have en-suite and it was far to the bathroom, which seemed to be shared by around 30 people!

Location, location, location - it could not be more central. I have really enjoyed my stay here - super buena onda. Special thanks to Enrique!! Besos y un abrazo, G.

• 26th Feb 2014

haha. one of my favorite hostels! actually, I only booked for 2 nights but extended my stay for 2 weeks such a good location, wonderful atmosphere, good to hang out with people from all over the world. I stayed in 12 ppl dorm, but usually there were only 7 or 8 people, so not that hectic and the room is so big and nice. I highly recommend this hostel. But, don't put your food in the refrigerator! it will disappear the next day!

OK but not as good as the description and high percentage rating would suggest. The staff are clearly overworked I.e. not enough of them to go round, the description suggests dance lessons and air con available - actually you are very lucky to get either as both are rare, and for a hostel listing itself as social it seems to be missing a bar or such central piece. On other sites other travellers said the rating was 72% and to me that would seem more accurate.

The location of the hostel is fantastic. Can catch public transport easily and move around Buenos Aires. The price was also really good. The lockers are broken though so things can get stolen. I had a towel stolen. Most of the people working there have a bad attitude and seem to hate their job. I would not stay there again.

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Argentina

I had a very very nice stay in this hostel. The atmosphere is the best and the staff very friendly. Only thing was that some bathrooms aren't that clean and the kitchen is not the best I have seen. But overall I really recomment it to everyone!

• 22nd Dec 2013

It was nothing that we expected. Our reservation wasn't a reservation although we booked through hostel world and replied to them on email. (they send you an email that your hostel world reservation is not valid unless you reply to their email). We booked a 4 dorm ensuite and got a 4 dorm without, they didn't want to refund it. The room was very very dirty (room 11) Beds are in terrible condition. There is only 3 shows in operation when we were there. Poor hostel with strange rules.

Stayed in the 12 bed dorm, I thought there was enough room and there were lockers for everyone. The kitchens lacked space for food.

We quite liked the location of the hostel and the activities that it provides, such as tango lessons. However, the breakfast is too bad. There should be at least one more variety of fruit, bread and, most important, cheese!!

GOOD LOCATION, WORTH YOUR MONEY, GOOD STAFF.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels