Idre Hostel Reviews

Narnii Guur Street, Building #22, APT #1, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

I had great time at Idre hostel in Ulaambaatar. I was second time of Idre hostel. All staff have a hospitality for me..

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Japan

The staff is wonderful, so nice and helps you with everything

Breakfast was just toast and jam, but it was something. There was a male in my female-only dorm the last night. I understand that there were probably circumstances, but in would have appreciated being told by staff instead of having him just show up in the room.

• 4th Aug 2014

A very nice hostel, in a convenient location, near enough just to take a short walk to the train station, but already in a "safer" area, near to all sights. Excellent and a very friendly staff! Quick and efficient laundry service, one of the best. Wi if can sometimes stop working, but the staff usually manages to restart it. Cheap eateries on the road. A fantastic opportunity to meet other people (also during breakfasts). Recommended especially for rail travelers.

• 29th Jul 2014

We were supposed to stay at this hostel totally 2 nights. But when we got there, after an 8 hour drive, the lady told us, that she had no rooms left, as a big group arrived... I mean, we booken 5 months in advance, but obviously she preffered the money of the big group. She then found us a nearby hostel which was supposed to have the same price... Well, we ended up paying double the price! Not a good experience...

We should stay there for 2 nights, starting with 25th of July and really booked in advance (5 months). We arrived there and the owner told us, that there are no rooms left. She preferred a group of a bunch of people instead of us to get more money. At least its business but ridiculous. Cannot recommend the hostel.

• 25th Jul 2014

The location is good for travellers arriving by train, as the hostel is half way between the station and the city. It is not quite placed in the city centre though.

Room was a little warm, bed little bit hard. Breakfast was good and the kitchen was really complete! Close to the train station, easy walk.

Idre's is arguably one of the best hostels in UB. Great hostel and a lot of interesting guests. Things can get a bit lively in the hostel so if you are looking for a very quiet hostel this is not the place for you.

The staff is excelent and very helpful. Maybe a litlle crowded. Showers could be more private. In general is a great hostel, good travel desk.

The showers are a bit dingy, but ok. The staff are much more accommodating if you book a tour with them, but this is the same in every hostel I heard of/stayed at in UB. It's a bit out of the centre if town but still easily walkable.

I stayed here for quite a long time and I've stayed in other hostels in UB too. This was by far the one with the best atmosphere! Rooms and bathrooms were clean and the common areas were not too spacious, but comfortable. The only thing is the location - sometimes in the evening it can seem a bit far to get back to. However I never had any problems coming back in the evenings. All in all, I think this is one of the best hostels to stay in in UB!

• 6th Jul 2014

This is a great place to stay because it is not right in the center,it's quiet and small,and staff is extremely friendly and helpful.walk5mins to the busy and packed center.

We had to stay in a old hotel separately from the hostel (3 floors by stairs). The bath didn't have hot water at 5 am. The bed clothes were dirty. All the room was burned by cigarette.

Dear Pablo Ricco, Thanks for the review and we've changed the hotel we had worked with and upgraded the facilities. Hope you'll enjoy your stay with us if you come back sometime.

We got all of the thing we want, fast wifi, kitchen, clean toilet and shower, and comfortable beds. One of the staff can speak good English.

It's hostel is perfect for backpackers. Friendly atmosphere and personal.

• 18th May 2014