Fabulous 346 Total Reviews
Fabulous 346 Total Reviews
Igdlo Guesthouse Located at Gunnarsbraut 46, , Reykjavik.
Iceland
Reykjavik +354 865 1350 101 Gunnarsbraut 46
89% 346
64.1368422 -21.9216620
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 25-30
30th May 2016
8.0

I got in very late at night and only stayed a few hours, so I had no interactions with the staff. The place was nice enough and the rooms were very clean. Walkable location to the BSI

• criscass6789
  • England, All Female Group, 41+
29th May 2016

We stayed at Idgloo for the first 3 nights of our trip and then again on the last night. Apart from being very well organised, clean, good value breakfast, great location what impressed me was the staff. They are a team of hard working dedicated young people who are providing excellent budget accommodation in a city which is famously expensive. I would not hesitate in staying there again.

22nd May 2016
7.1

Fine location. Room itself was of solid quality and cleanliness. Common areas are on the older side, with the bathrooms having seen better days- that's just how it is. The water smelled quite sulfuric, not surprising given Iceland's geothermal heritage, but it does make the whole building smell quite a bit. So if you're a person that is sensitive to smells, consider a different place. Otherwise no complaints.

• Canada, Mixed Group, 18-24
18th May 2016

Awesome place to stay if you're looking to spend a little bit more to get some extra amenities. Laundry is free if you provide your own detergent (you can find powder for around 400 kr), they have hair dryers and straighteners to borrow, towels are provided. The staff was incredibly welcoming and helpful. Tea and coffee is free, and the kitchen is great and clean. We arrived a couple hours before our check in time, but they let us leave our luggage with them and explore downtown. Super nice.

9th May 2016

I had a lovely stay at the Igdlo guesthouse. The staff were very friendly and let me hang out after check out, and my room was quite large and comfortable. It's a sweet place to stay, very close to the BSI bus terminal and main church.

• England, Male, 25-30
9th Apr 2016

This was my last stop in Iceland and without the nicest place along the way. The guesthouse is in a good location, the staff are great and the facilities were perfect. I would like to stress how good the staff are here. I left a gift in the guest kitchen and didn't realise until I was half way to the airport. I emailed on the off chance that someone had handed it in. They had. Martin emailed back right away and sent the gift to my home address! I would recommend staying without any hesitation.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
30th Mar 2016

Excellent location and living conditions for the affordable price. Helpful staff, overall a pleasure to stay in during our Iceland stopover.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
27th Mar 2016

A great place to start and end our trip around Iceland. Very comfortable rooms and bathrooms as well as well equipped kitchen area. Lots of suggestions and recommendations of the area and Iceland in general. Even gave us some free gas canisters for our camping trip.

• Hong Kong, All Female Group, 18-24
20th Mar 2016

The place was clean and quiet, not too much noisy kids. Staff were very helpful and nice. Its a really good place to stay!!!!!

• USA, Female, 18-24
19th Feb 2016

We had a great stay at Igdlo Guesthouse. We arrived about 6 hours before check-in but they made us feel welcome, let us leave our suitcases in the office while we walked around Reykjavik, and were very nice. Loved the free coffee/tea and the spacious kitchen/dining area. Our room was clean and comfortable. It's super easy to get to (we drove from the airport) and centrally located, easy to reach all parts of Reykjavik by foot. No complaints at all, would definitely stay here again.