Igloo Backpackers Hostel Reviews

100 Mansfield Road, Nottingham, England

Stayed three nights in the annex building and really enjoyed staying at igloo! Good facilities and staff, and my bed was really comfy (much needed after 3 months of bad ones!). Would recommend highly :)

Igloo Hotel is very nice and I found it excellent for my short stay in Nottingham. Bedrooms are clean and big enough, and shared rooms (toilet, kitchen) were perfect. If I can only suggest something, I would like to tell the owner(s) to organize a late check-out service for those who (like me) need one. In particular, I have been there for Nottingham Marathon, and so I would have appreciate the chance to take a quick shower after the race. Except for this, I would totally recommend Igloo Hotel!

The hostel looked really nice, it was clean and there we're nice facilities. Only the security was very poor. In the middle of the night there was a drunk woman screaming in the hall and banging on the doors. No idea how she came inside, she wasn't a guest in the hostel. The staff reacted really calm on this and said this never happened. Now i read in the reviews it happened before. I didn't slept at all and didn't feel safe. I'll go here never again.

Convenient location that was really close to the city centre. The staff was very helpful and kind. The rooms and bathrooms were really clean and neat. The kitchen had everything one might need.

• 21st Sep 2014
  • Greece

Lady at reception was very helpful and room was lovely!!

• 12th Sep 2014

The staff was very friendly and everything was very clean. The beds were very comfortable. I would definitely come back here if I was ever in Nottingham again.

Lovely place, great staff, clean and friendly. Highly recommended.

Staff was especially helpful as I arrived very late at night (just after 1am) as well when I asked if I can store one pice of my luggage at the day when I left. In both cases, it was of great help!

One of the cleanest hostels I've stayed in, with modern shower and toilets. The kitchen was a bit small and hidden away downstairs, so there wasn't much socializing going on. But that said, the rooms were also good and even had a desk, lamp and TV.

Very friendly staff and with good facilities

Did exactly what it said on the tin, clean , safe , good atmosphere. I would happily book here again in the future

• 2nd Aug 2014

A little bit tricky to find, but clean and secure and just what I was looking for for a quick weekend getaway.

• 1st Aug 2014

Good hostel, decent beds although I had someone sleeping above me who spent all of their time camped on the bed using their laptop - from 5pm when I arrived to 1am or later. Staff were good, hostel location is ok a walk to the centre and I found somewhere to park nearby. Kitchen was ok with space in the fridge and I had no problems getting a shower.

Really enjoyed this hostel. Quiet and clean.

Dirty, spiders everywhere. Should've paid more and stayed at a clean place.

Only stayed one night, but staff were extremely helpful, and great for suggestion on what to do, see and how to get there.

It´s just a joke showing pictures of the new and flesh hostel and not showing what the dorms really look like. Beds from the 50s?, mouldy showers. Never again.

We will get some photos of the dorms back on here asap. Thank you for pointing that out. However, our mattresses are brand new orthopedic goodness and we have now steam cleaned and resealed our showers so they are looking fresh again.

I liked my stay at this hostel! Good value for money. Room was clean, as the toilets too. Iwas very happy about that shower was in the same room with toilet and the door could be locked then! Staff was helpfull and nice.

• 31st May 2014
  • Finland

Lovely staff! Great location and plenty of perks (discounts available for Igloo Hostel lodgers at local establishments).

• 28th May 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Igloo last week. I think it is really good that Igloo tries to be an environmental friendly hostel. Spread that message!