Igloo Backpackers Hostel Reviews

110 Mansfield Road, Nottingham, England

Really enjoyed this hostel. Quiet and clean.

Dirty, spiders everywhere. Should've paid more and stayed at a clean place.

Only stayed one night, but staff were extremely helpful, and great for suggestion on what to do, see and how to get there.

It´s just a joke showing pictures of the new and flesh hostel and not showing what the dorms really look like. Beds from the 50s?, mouldy showers. Never again.

We will get some photos of the dorms back on here asap. Thank you for pointing that out. However, our mattresses are brand new orthopedic goodness and we have now steam cleaned and resealed our showers so they are looking fresh again.

I liked my stay at this hostel! Good value for money. Room was clean, as the toilets too. Iwas very happy about that shower was in the same room with toilet and the door could be locked then! Staff was helpfull and nice.

• 31st May 2014
  • Finland

Lovely staff! Great location and plenty of perks (discounts available for Igloo Hostel lodgers at local establishments).

• 28th May 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Igloo last week. I think it is really good that Igloo tries to be an environmental friendly hostel. Spread that message!

Would be nice to include breakfast (can be at an extra cost).

• 21st May 2014
  • Austria

I enjoyed my stay. All went well. Could do with a clearer sign out side the hostel as I walk past it twice.

If would be good to consider ensuit facilities for private rooms. Or even a tap in the private rooms.

• 30th Mar 2014

It was beautiful, a very warm and friendly atmosphere! Thank you so much!

• 28th Mar 2014

I had a great one night stay at Igloo Backpackers, I liked the hostel a lot and would recommend it to others as well as come back myself if I get the chance to :-)

We had a great time in Nottingham. The staff was very friendly and helpfull, the rooms were great and we enjoyed our stay very much. We will come back for sure!

Sorry, but I think the place needs a bit more cleaning and refurbishing, especially in the kitchen and the bathrooms. I couldn't bring myself to use the shower (as it was clogged), use the tea towels or get too close to the wall next to my bed (mouldy), and was rather glad to leave early in the morning, which is a pity, as the hostel is quite well located!

Best hostel I've ever stayed at!

• 28th Feb 2014

Comfy beds and not cramped, clean, friendly staff, good showers. Reliable wifi. Stayed far longer than intended. I stayed in dorms but one night in the pods was excellent , would use for weekend trips

The Igloo is very good for travelers with low budget. And for people who are used to "alternative lifestyle". In my opinion it is more a place for one or two nights - not more. The rooms are simple. Actually our room (6-bed female dorm) did not look like a bedroom, because of the doors on two sites of the room and because of the narrow walls, it used to be a corridor. The lounge-room is also small but cozy. Staff is very friendly. The bathrooms could be cleaner. Location is very good.

One of the best hostels I every stayed in. Staff is super friendly and helpful and forthcoming. I highly suggest this place when in town! A+++++

• 1st Feb 2014
  • Croatia

Damp and musty hole. Lock out after 3am!!! "Open all day all year until 3 a.m" appears on the hostelbookers site but it is an inadequate explanation for informing of their curfew policy and nothing on the owners own website either! No keys are issued to enter the building. This was only explained upon arrival, very frustrating! No atmosphere and No fun to be found here..