Igloo Backpackers Hostel Reviews

110 Mansfield Road, Nottingham, England

I enjoyed my stay. All went well. Could do with a clearer sign out side the hostel as I walk past it twice.

If would be good to consider ensuit facilities for private rooms. Or even a tap in the private rooms.

• 30th Mar 2014

It was beautiful, a very warm and friendly atmosphere! Thank you so much!

• 28th Mar 2014

I had a great one night stay at Igloo Backpackers, I liked the hostel a lot and would recommend it to others as well as come back myself if I get the chance to :-)

We had a great time in Nottingham. The staff was very friendly and helpfull, the rooms were great and we enjoyed our stay very much. We will come back for sure!

Sorry, but I think the place needs a bit more cleaning and refurbishing, especially in the kitchen and the bathrooms. I couldn't bring myself to use the shower (as it was clogged), use the tea towels or get too close to the wall next to my bed (mouldy), and was rather glad to leave early in the morning, which is a pity, as the hostel is quite well located!

Best hostel I've ever stayed at!

• 28th Feb 2014

Comfy beds and not cramped, clean, friendly staff, good showers. Reliable wifi. Stayed far longer than intended. I stayed in dorms but one night in the pods was excellent , would use for weekend trips

The Igloo is very good for travelers with low budget. And for people who are used to "alternative lifestyle". In my opinion it is more a place for one or two nights - not more. The rooms are simple. Actually our room (6-bed female dorm) did not look like a bedroom, because of the doors on two sites of the room and because of the narrow walls, it used to be a corridor. The lounge-room is also small but cozy. Staff is very friendly. The bathrooms could be cleaner. Location is very good.

One of the best hostels I every stayed in. Staff is super friendly and helpful and forthcoming. I highly suggest this place when in town! A+++++

• 1st Feb 2014
  • Croatia

Damp and musty hole. Lock out after 3am!!! "Open all day all year until 3 a.m" appears on the hostelbookers site but it is an inadequate explanation for informing of their curfew policy and nothing on the owners own website either! No keys are issued to enter the building. This was only explained upon arrival, very frustrating! No atmosphere and No fun to be found here..

The hostel was very clean. However, the sheets in our room were tainted and looked dirty. We didn't complain because we realized it was a stain in the sheets but it will be better if you just disposed of those sheets and get new ones. Apart from this, our stay was great! Thanks a lot.

Very nice hostel, and very close to the centre of nottingham

• 14th Dec 2013

The staff really friendly and helpful. The rooms are actually in a different building than reception. Rooms clean and facilities are clean. Not far from shops and train station, defo stay here again!

The staff here exceptional, Charlie especially, she went over and above to make sure you were looked after. Felt like a shared house rather than a hostel. Really great location close to public transport. Would definitely stay there again and would recommend it 100%.

• 3rd Dec 2013

The staff and attention were exceptional. They really help you with any enquiry that you may have and they also give you helpful advices for tourism. The place is very clean and the atmosphere is great. Definitely one of the cheapest and best places to stay if you want to know the city.

• 28th Nov 2013
  • Mexico

The hosts were incredibly helpful, with informing us about specific venues and requiring a city map to aid us through our night!

• 19th Nov 2013

Had a private room and there was a TV! What more can you want. Rooms clean and good bathrooms too. Close to the city centre.