Igloo Backpackers Hostel Reviews

100 Mansfield Road, Nottingham, England

Very friendly staff and good location!

Very friendly staff, very welcoming. Comfy beds, good sized rooms, clean facilities.

Very very comfy mattresses! Had a great night stay, thanks so much :)

• 6th Feb 2015

This place was nice. The beds were extremely comfortable and the showers ran hot! Jim the night time manager is simply fantastic and completely selfless. The kitchen was set up weird and the table in an odd spot deeming the door unusable when people were in there. This is the only hostel I've been to that doesn't offer breakfast so that's a shame.

• 3rd Jan 2015

Nice and clean hostel. The bunks were a bit low so impossible to sit up in the bottom bunk but that's a minor point.

Very very good stay! We stayed in the private rooms and you barely even noticed anyone else in the building. It was a relaxing stay and located right near a bus stop and supermarket. Kitchen was well equipped! Very well furnished!

I liked this hostel. Had a nice homey feel to it. The kitchen was spotless and well organized! Some of the sleeping quarters aren't located in the main hostel. Its just a across the street. I liked the fact that some of the food places give backpackers discounts on meals.

Good hostel with TV in room. Friendly staff with plenty of recommendations of things to see

Stayed three nights in the annex building and really enjoyed staying at igloo! Good facilities and staff, and my bed was really comfy (much needed after 3 months of bad ones!). Would recommend highly :)

Igloo Hotel is very nice and I found it excellent for my short stay in Nottingham. Bedrooms are clean and big enough, and shared rooms (toilet, kitchen) were perfect. If I can only suggest something, I would like to tell the owner(s) to organize a late check-out service for those who (like me) need one. In particular, I have been there for Nottingham Marathon, and so I would have appreciate the chance to take a quick shower after the race. Except for this, I would totally recommend Igloo Hotel!

The hostel looked really nice, it was clean and there we're nice facilities. Only the security was very poor. In the middle of the night there was a drunk woman screaming in the hall and banging on the doors. No idea how she came inside, she wasn't a guest in the hostel. The staff reacted really calm on this and said this never happened. Now i read in the reviews it happened before. I didn't slept at all and didn't feel safe. I'll go here never again.

Convenient location that was really close to the city centre. The staff was very helpful and kind. The rooms and bathrooms were really clean and neat. The kitchen had everything one might need.

• 21st Sep 2014
  • Greece

Lady at reception was very helpful and room was lovely!!

• 12th Sep 2014

The staff was very friendly and everything was very clean. The beds were very comfortable. I would definitely come back here if I was ever in Nottingham again.

Lovely place, great staff, clean and friendly. Highly recommended.