Iguana Backpackers

8.7
Fabulous 561 Total Reviews

• Austria, Male, 18-24
15th Sep 2017

Really nice hostel with a good atmosphere. Also the dinners are the best food ever and the drink deals are really good!!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
8th Sep 2017

Iguana hostel is a great place to Party in Montañita. The open bar and cheap drinks are unbeatable in price. Really enjoyed the loft room also, however my standout were the staff there. I had an accident and had to go to hospital and one of the staff went to the effort of taking me all the way and back for which I am forever thankful to him! Also all of the other staff were constantly checking on me and making sure I was ok. It really made my stay. These people would do anything to help you.

• Italy, Female, 18-24
7th Sep 2017
7.1

The staff were really nice and even made breakfast for us after 10 (when it is officially over). Cocktails were 2 for 1 during happy hour for 2.5$. But the tiny 4 and 3 bed rooms where we stayed smelled very moldy when we entered and were only bearable after having the windows open all evening.

• Australia, All Male Group, 18-24
26th Aug 2017

My mate and myself stayed here for a week and had an absolute unreal time, staff were friendly and accomodating, everything was good and the party is very fun can't say a bad word about this place. Definitely recommend to anyone who wants to have a bit of fun and also relax. Beers are cheap and cocktails are really cheap especially happy hours and open bar nights.

25th Aug 2017

Iguana is a really cool Hostel, even now in low season, the staff tries to create a nice atmosphere to meet people and party. The price is very convenient and comes with breakfast!!, I think is the best deal you can get in Montañita.

18th Aug 2017

Great social atmosphere, great location, and the friendliest staff I have ever encountered,

• Ireland, Couple, 25-30
14th Aug 2017

Fantastic hostel

• Australia, Male, 18-24
12th Aug 2017

Rosetta, the owner, is an absolute champion! Very hospitable, really fun, and knows how to host a good party. Overall, I had an awesome time here! Have to stay in iguanas if you come to montanita.

• Croatia, Female, 25-30
11th Aug 2017

I want to thank everyone in the Iguana hostel, they really helped me. Namely, I've been left without any of my stuff and money in Montanita but still I had the best time ever since my hostel staff helped me a lot. Same praise for breakfast, common dinner, parties where you could gather people from all over the world, cheap cocktails, crazy atmosphere. If you've come to the hostel alone, you can get very close to everyone.Thank you so much,Rosita, Constanza, all the volunteers there. Iva,Croatia

• Australia, Male, 25-30
11th Aug 2017
7.4

Look the party is unbeatable for backpackers especially when they have all you can drink rum and vodka for 6 bucks. Be warned that there are hectic mozzies at times and that you might get a poor bed. I had a rad time here, hope you do too if you decide to stay there. Pancho out.

×