Fabulous 376 Total Reviews
Fabulous 376 Total Reviews
Iguana Backpackers Located at 46 Calle Spondylus, El Tigrillo, , Montanita.
Ecuador
Montanita 46 Calle Spondylus, El Tigrillo
89% 376
-1.8251877 -80.7524545
    Rooms available

• Canada, Female, 25-30
6th Dec 2016
8.0

Nice hostel, with a cool atmosphere. Close to the beach, and just far enough you don't get a lot of noise from the centre. Definitely could do with some air fresheners though...

• Canada, Female, 25-30
30th Nov 2016

This hostel was probably the best we've stayed in South America so far. Good vibes, good people, fantastic location. Rooms are clean and comfortable! Right next to beach and bars. Manager Jaren made us feel right at home from the moment we got there until the moment we left. Amazing dinners! Cheap drinks, fun times throughout the night! Travelers on the trail had been talking up Iguana a bunch, so I decided to check it out, and totally impressed! Well worth it!

• Australia, Male, 25-30
30th Nov 2016

Great atmosphere! every night we had a wonderful time with all the other backpackers, all an amazing group who knows how to party! The location is perfect, just a bit away from the center to rest at night, with just a few steps to bars or the beach. Simply beautiful and super cool :) I highly recommend it and when I return I know where to drop my bags, See you soon!

• England, Female, 31-40
12th Nov 2016

A very relaxing hostel with friendly staff, good surfboard options and iguanas very close to the patio! Really loved this hostel. Comfy beds, A/C, breakfast! Everybody made us feel like a home away from home. Fully stocked communal kitchen and fast WiFi. Good hot showers!! Bbq night was delicious! Awesome, chill place. Would definitely go there again!! :)

• England, Mixed Group, 25-30
9th Nov 2016
6.3

Really lovely staff + super helpful, but it's a shame that the hostel itself isn't very clean (showers were always full of dirt) and the communal areas were sticky.

• USA, Female, 25-30
9th Nov 2016

My stay at this Hostal was great! I had so much fun and met wonderful people. The lounge area is perfect to hang out before going out. The staff is super friendly, always willing to help and making sure that you are comfortable. This hostel is clean and very affordable. I also love the location because I can easily walk to the beach and main bars but it is also quiet enough to rest at night. I will definitively be back!

• Ecuador, Male, 31-40
8th Nov 2016

loved my stay at the Iguana!One of the Best spots I've stayed on my trip!Staff was great!good wifi, and hot water, which can be hard to find.They have a great bar with drink specials, people from other hostels came to hang out, and the staff is all hot chicks who come out to party. I felt like I didn't have to go out to the bars many nights, Iguana was hella fun!The patio was sick, right on the river, it was a great place to chill out during the day and nurse my hangover.

• Greece, Female, 31-40
7th Nov 2016

great place to stay!!! We had so much fun with everyone staying at the hostel. Staff was so accommodating and polite. The manager was so helpful with suggestions where to visit and best time to go. The hostel was very clean and wifi and AC worked great. This was a very fun hostel to stay and party at and would definitely go back. I recommended this place to other friends visiting next spring and they're excited to check it out too.

• Wales, Male, 31-40
5th Nov 2016

What an awesome hostel! After too long in mancora, was looking for a place to chill in the day and party at night. Perfect! Awesome people, super chill day time, family meal. And then the party begins!!' Clean, friendly and a great vibe

• phil4195
  • England, Male, 31-40
2nd Nov 2016

The place to stay in Montañita. Super friendly staff and a great location: close to everything but not in the very noisy town centre. The bar is cheap and the cocktails are good. Communal area is really nice and great to meet people but is actually quiet late in the night when people want to sleep. If the staff are cooking dinners make sure you book, they are super tasty and good value. I will definate stay here again.