8.5
Fabulous 357 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 357 Total Reviews
Iguana Backpackers Located at Barrio de Tigrillo, , Montanita.
Ecuador
Montanita Barrio de Tigrillo
85% 357
-0.8666670 -80.2666670
    Rooms available

• Canada, Female, 18-24
3rd Aug 2016

I thought I was only going to be in Montanita a couple days, but ended up staying over a week. Iguana Backpackers was just such cool spot. With their family dinners and raging bar at night, I just couldnt leave. Great spot to meet people and go out to party. Great patio to chill at during the day. Affordable rates, with comfortable rooms with air conditioning. Wifi and Hot Water. They have surfboard rentals and laundry service which was great too. Definitely stay at the Iguana if you are in town

• USA, Female, 25-30
3rd Aug 2016

Surf, Sun, Party! Montanita is fun as hell, and Iguana Backpackers is the spot to stay if you are coming through. Great location close to the beach but just outside the center of town, which makes it a chill spot. Good party vibes, fun crowd, cheap drinks, and comfortable rooms. They do Iguana Family Dinners Wednesday-Sunday, every night is different, I really enjoyed Taco Night. I loved their patio by the river, very picturesque. Iguana Backpackers is a great place to come and meet folks.

• England, Male, 31-40
3rd Aug 2016

I stayed in Montanita for a few days in the middle of the week before heading south to Peru, and it was a great time. I was at Iguana Backpackers from Tuesday-Thursday and I was impressed how lively the spot was even mid week. Iguana Backpackers has great, friendly staff, a very good juice and salad bar on site, and a sweet location close to the beach. My room was very clean and comfortable, and it was nice to have some hot water! Iguana Backpackers definitely made my stay a good one.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
2nd Aug 2016

Great hostel the dinners were great. Good atmosphere and good location, a short walk to the Main Street. Karen the manager is really lovely and made us feel very welcome. Highly recommend.

• USA, Male, 31-40
2nd Aug 2016

What happens in Montanita, stays in Montanita. Iguana Backpackers is definitely happening. Great location, fun crowd, mellow, good vibes. They do dinners, I loved the PAELLA NIGHT! The bar was raging when I was there great deals, $1.50 RUM AND COKE. A good mix of travellers come through, fun people. They have wifi and hot water which is tough to find sometimes. I recommend the Pulled Pork Sandwich from their Salad & Juice Bar on site. Montanita is a great spot, and Iguana is the best!

• Canada, Male, 25-30
2nd Aug 2016

I travelled to Montanita in August with a group of friends, we had heard of Iguana Backpackers from other travellers on the road and we gave it a try, turned out to be a great experience! The hostel has a very fun social scene, especially in the evening when they do their family dinners and happy hour at the bar with great drink specials. When we were there the hostel was full, so I could tell it was a popular spot. They have hot water and wifi which work great. I definitely recommend the Iguana

• USA, Couple, 25-30
22nd Jul 2016

Iguana Backpackers is a great spot! Reasonably priced and clean. Happy staff.. Fun party vibes with a great bar! $1.50 Rum&coke and happy hour everyday! They do Iguana Dinners, the Mexican and Barbecue Nights are the best. Rooms are comfy and clean and the location is nice just outside the noisy center. They have surfboard rentals and laundry service too which is a plus. The Salad & Juice Bar is a great spot to grab a fresh, healthy snack during the day. I recommend it for sure!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
19th Jul 2016

I had a great stay at the Iguana. It has a really nice atmosphere and has a great patio right near the river where you can see iguanas climbing through the trees at anytime of day. Great location, just outside the noisy center. Staff was great and really friendly. I loved having the bar and Iguana Family Dinners are great! I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this spot to everyone. A great stop on my journey!

• USA, Female, 31-40
2nd Jul 2016
5.7

The toilet does not flush and the movies are played too loud. Bad smell and poor lighting.

• USA, Male, 25-30
29th Jun 2016

I had a a wonderful stay at the Iguana! They have a great social atmosphere and polite staff. I loved their riverside patio where they have happy hour bar and Iguana Family Dinners each night. The rooms are clean and comfortable with Air Conditioning. It is located close to the beach and to the center of town, but lies just outside party central to allow for a tranquil stay right on the river. I fully recommend Iguana Backpackers Hostel and will definitely be staying there during my next trip.