Iguana Backpackers

8.8
Fabulous 482 Total Reviews

18th May 2017
7.4

The staff here wound up getting me a bed even though I messed up my reservation, so props to them! I think Iguana is a great place to meet social people. The downside for me is that I showed up a bit sick, and it was way too noisy downstairs for me to sleep at all - I left early. The loft was also insanely warm, considering I'd come down from the mountains. Some staff were very green and didn't know much. Cleanliness could improve. Seemed like a great and social place for a budget, though.

12th May 2017

Awesome hostel. Had a lot of fun. Surf and body board for rent. Good people. Would definitely stay here again

• Australia, Male, 25-30
12th May 2017

Todo bien! Excellent hostel, perfectly located about a 3 min walk to town and the beach. Clean rooms and comfy beds with AIR-CONDITIONING in all but the loft dorm which is open air and gets breeze in the evening. Tasty meals made fresh every night, and a bar that pumps until after midnight. There's always someone keen for a game of beer pong or flip cup. The atmosphere is always really social! And if all that isn't enough, Monday nights is $6 all you can drink cocktails....!

7th May 2017
8.0

Half of the hostel seemed "staff", and mine did not know the price of the beer, of the diner, if there is a supermarket in town, and how much I had to pay :( Kitchen is often occupied by the staff. Breakfast is 1 sandwich, 1 egg, a bit fruit. Cheapest dorm is open-air rooftop, so some noise. Reviews are rewarded with free stay or drinks, so biased. Lockers are big, mosquito-nets great and needed. My shower only cold water. They have general diner in the evening. Overall "OK but not amazing".

• England, Female, 18-24
1st May 2017

This hostel is really good value for money and in a great location. The breakfast was also very good. The room we had booked was full when we arrived so we were placed in a private dorm for the same cost, which was great. I would definitely recommend this place to back packers on a budget.

• England, Male, 25-30
26th Apr 2017

Booked 2 nights and stayed 7. The atmosphere was fantastic and Sunday was probably the best night ive ever spent partying in a hostel. Great place to make friends. There's a kitchen if you want to cook, family dinners if you don't and great location near to all the resteraunts, bars and the beach. The cleaners fix everything up every day which is super Important in such a sandy town! Finally the staff are great and many speak English making it easy for the non Spanish speaking guests.

• England, Male, 25-30
25th Apr 2017

While cycling through Ecuador I stopped by Iguana's Backpackers for a couple of nights and had a great time. It has a fantastic location: just far enough from the centre to avoid the noise yet easily within walking distance. The food/drink deals are awesome, staff are friendly and there were big lockers to store all my panniers and bike gear. Highly recommend checking this place out.

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
21st Apr 2017
6.0

Did the job, good location but it's montanita so as long as you're central-ish it doesn't really matter. Bathrooms were pretty gross but not awful. Our room was the 10 bed dorm which is at the top of the hostel and is basically outside. Was BAKING when we woke up and the sun was beating down on me and making me sweat. Not great on a hangover. Atmosphere was alright. Party-ish. Overall, a mediocre stay.

• Argentina, Male, 41+
14th Apr 2017

We stayed with my wife and found in this place a wonderful and perfect combination given the location and the beauty, the warmth of the room and the facilities, the cleanliness, and especially for the cordial attention provided by everyone at the hostel. No doubt we would go back. Do not miss out on feeling at home in a cozy, well-attended place that offers you delicious meals and drinks. Thank you to all the people for making us feel so comfortable. . Simply excellent!

• camilo2443
  • Colombia, Male, 25-30
13th Apr 2017

El equipo es muy amable, tuvimos un problema con la reserva pero se soluciono.