Iguana Hostel Reviews

Calle Chiapa de Corzo 16, Barrio el Cerrillo, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

really good breakfast, nice and helpful staff, nice atmosphere, good place to get to know new people staff doesn't speak spanish, very strict with breakfast hours.

very nice atmosphere and easy to get to know new people. amazing hostel!!

I genuinely loved this place like a home. Full of wonderful people filling the hostel with a great energy. Like many others guests, I did not want to leave. Since leaving I have met up with a few friends I met whilst in Iguana, when we were all together again it was great to talk of good times together in San Cris at iguana. Great location, cleanliness, friendly staff, super chilled vibe and delicious breakfasts everyday. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Really great place with friendly owners and staff! Pros: Helpful friendly staff. Central location next to historic centre. Nice building with hammocks and terrace. Comfy beds. Delicious breakfast that changes every day. Great music always playing. Great place to meet people. Cons: Wifi is pretty bad but there's a PC for guests to use which kind of makes up for it. The walls are really thin so you can hear everything all the time.

Laidback hostel, walkable from the bus station and to the main parts of town. We stayed in a comfortable double room, though a drainage pipe did pass through from the kitchen which wasn't a problem at night as the kitchen was closed after 10pm but did gurgle occasionally in the morning-no drama. Friendly staff and good programmes on offer and facilities to use to make the stay at San Cristobal a great one. Breakfast is a highlight with excellent variety- something different&delicious everyday

We had the most amazing time at Iguana Hostel! We were supposed to stay there for 2 nights, but ended staying for 13 nights at Iguana. The atmosphere there is just great and you feel right at home, and you get to know a lot of amazing people. Rudy, the owner, is just the best and our 'short' trip to San Cristóbal and Iguana Hostel was one of the best times we had in Mexico. We definitely want to go back!

Great hostel with super helpful staff. Food is delicious and it's got a great set up. Only fault would be that the water smells a bit funky in the showers but otherwise great value for money and would definitely stay again!

Iguana Hostel is a great place to meet new people. Especially if you're travelling alone, it seems like there's always someone to talk to. The breakfast is different each day and very delicious and the bonfire at night is perfect on a cold night!!

• 16th Jun 2015

One of my favourite hostels so far in the WHOLE of Mexico, can't go wrong here

I would definitely recommend this hostel, the staff are lovely and helpful, breakfast is amazing and different every day! There are loads of tours available, I recommend going on the hike with anthony between zincantan and San Juan de Chamula, it was a really cool experience ☺

Rudie and Anthony were really great hosts and put in so much effort into making us and everyone feel at home. Really wish we could have stayed longer

Very nice staff, neat decoration and house, great central location. Nothing to add besides it was simply a great night we spend at Iguana Hostel. Thank you guys! Stay funky

Really enjoyed the stay at Iguana Hostel. The staff were amazingly friendly, an have good advice . The gentleman that owned the hostel went out if his way to make sure that everything was alright an we knew where we were. Not the cleanest of hostels, but it's not the worst I have ever stayed in. Really lovely and friendly atmosphere here where it's easy to meet fellow travellers. Great value for money. I would stay here again.

nice people. and facilities are quite nice for an hostel. very recommended

• 28th Apr 2015
  • Mexico

I have stayed here twice, much longer than planned, because I felt welcome at Iguana. I got amazing travel tips and local knowledge from the staff, which made my stay in San Cristobal the highlight of months traveling. And the home made breakfasts on the sunny terrace everyday the best! Thanks Rudy, Antony, Adrien & Bet!

Nice hostel with a laid-back atmosphere.

The team is great! Thanks for making the stay so great. I loved the breakfast. However, the beds could use some new bedsheets and one shower for so many people is just not enough, especially when you have to catch a bus to a tour.

• 2nd Apr 2015

I had an amazing stay at Iguana Hostel. Location is perfect. City center, artesanias market, fruit market and colectivo station are nearby and you can reach the bus station in about 20 minutes walking. All the people working there make you feel very welcome and help you when you have any question. Breakfast is delicious (and every day something different).

Iguana hostel has been the best hostel I've stated at in Mexico. It's clean, centrally located, has a great atmosphere, an amazing breakfast and the staff are wonderful.

Such friendly staff preparing a different fresh breakfast daily. Thanks guys.. the only downside was that the private room bed was not great. The mattress had really seen better days.. but a pleasant relaxed vibe in the hostel. I'd happily recommend it!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7