Iguassu Eco Hostel Reviews

Avenida das Cataratas - KM 17, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

Enjoyed a lot the location - just near the Iguazu falls and Birds park. Very quite place in a forest so it was really nice to relax nearby the swimming pool after visiting Iguazu falls. The staff was very friendly, patienetelly answered all my questions and gave a good price for the boat tour (slightly cheaper than in the official booth). the dinner was good but a bit late for me as it was served after 8.30 pm. As for the dorms they are pretty basic - just a usual hostel.

Couldn't be better. Although there are some luxurious private rooms, most people stayed in the dorms, giving it a real hostel feel, although the grounds were better than many expensive hotels. The pool was perfectly maintained, nice restaurant as well as good kitchen facilities. The best internet facilities I have encountered in Brazil, with separate wifi for the main building and pool/bar areas, as well as two computers for guest use. Helpful , friendly staff.

The location is perfect for getting to the Brazilian side of the falls. This is definitely a chill out Hostel, and it’s great to relax by the pool! There are no lockers but this place is in the middle of nowhere with a perimeter fence, so I felt perfectly safe leaving my valuables in the room. It’s great value, with plenty of choice for breakfast & the staff were really friendly and if you make the effort to talk to them, they might even teach you a bit of Portuguese!

The location is fantastic and the property beautiful, but the room was cramped, there was no ladder for the top bunk, and they only provided a blanket and not a sheet for the bed. Also there was no locker to secure my important processions. The staff were friendly and helped when they could, but sometimes were unhelpful when it came to providing information about tours and activities to do at the falls. Breakfast was great.

Nice hostel, awesome staff, good food. No lockers in the rooms tought.

The atmosphere was good till a lady manager brought a private birthday party to the hostel grounds. The staff should have more up to date information on local sights, bus timetables, etc. and have those posted. Other than that, the staff was very nice and helpful. Excellent location, our room was nice, large and clean. The bathroom spacious with a private handheld spray at the WC. The breakfast was good. The dinner inconsistent.

Excellent location for the Brazilian side of the Iguassu Falls. Rooms are lovely, and the staff friendly. The dinner offered (only 15 reais) is wholesome and tasty. I would not recommend this to people looking for a party hostel. 1) There is not a party vibe, and 2) I wouldn't want there to be one. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to enjoy nature and peace for a few days. The aeroplanes don't bother you. Take the bus from the airport as a taxi is expensive for the distance!

great place to stay for visiting the waterfalls, only a 3 minutes walk to the entrance! friendly and helpful staff! clean rooms, but unfortunately, no lockers!

• 6th Oct 2013

This is the best-maintained hostel that I have stayed in. The dorms are extremely spacious. When we stayed there it was much colder than we were expecting (6C! [end of August]), but the cosy fire made us feel right at home! It would've been nice to have been told that the A/C unit was capable of heating the dorm though... maybe it's common knowledge :S but we're from England and therefore have no experience of these tropical contraptions. After a night of shivering, alas, we realised!

Excellently located right by the Falls. Breakfast was great but the cook told us off for trying to take a toastie with us, which we thought was unreasonable as the food is so expensive at the waterfalls. Nice surroundings and friendly reception staff. The computer was out of order though which was a pain

Great place to stay!

It is a very quiet place to stay at. - No parties, but the absolute plus is the location as you can go easily by bus to the airport and all the attractions.

The best choice if you wanna visit the falls and are not much interested in the city. Very nice facilities and very friendly and helpfull staff speaking english very good. They also offer dinner and bar so nothing is missing.

Great Hostel in the middle of the forest just 5 walking minutes from the park entrance and the bird park.

Great location for travelers who want to see the cataratas.Nice staff and amazing atmosphere!I loved it.

Awesome Foz do Iguaçu experience, guys! Great, friendly people.

everything is so great, but the road from the main street to the hostel, it is very tough to walk if you have luggages at midnight. I do NOT recommend to walk here from the airport at midnight. Staffs are extremely friendly, one of them helped us carry luggages when we arrived. they offer all information you need. the location is perfect, next to water fall park and bird conservation park and bus station. thumb UP!

Cosy little place. A bit long to the stores, but only 5 minutes away from the entrance to Iguacu.

• 26th Apr 2013
  • Denmark

The men's bathroom in the shared room was dirty as hell. I also had to remind the staff to have it cleaned. Other guests came into the room drunk and intentionally made noise to wake the others. The internet didn't work either, even though all advertisements suggested that the Hostel had it. The staff seemed lazy and frequently weren't available. I guess all of this is expected for a shared room however. The only real perk is the location. If you go here, don't stay in a shared room.

• 18th Apr 2013

This was my first experience staying in a hostel, and I could not have asked for a better one. This hostel was incredible: cool staff, amazing rain forest atmosphere, beautiful grounds, delicious complimentary breakfast, fantastic location (across the street from the exotic bird park and next door to the Iguaçu National Park entrance). Met fascinating people from all around the world. It was totally awesome, I would have been satisfied paying double the amount i actually paid.

View all Foz do Iguacu Hostels