Il Barrito Reviews

via Tepice 23/C, Turin, Italy

No Rating

Nice clean and secure place which is close to a metro stop. Staff are friendly and helpful.

In the beginning of July, me and my 2 friends stayed 3 nights in Il Barrito! We enjoyed our stay and i can warmly recommened this hostel!! The hostelowner was very polite, we were able to check in earlier, very clean, etc. The hostel is easy to find, just a few metrostops from the center...

• 3rd Jul 2013
  • Belgium

good service, great people!

they gave me the keys when i arrived but i went out when i Came back the keys didnt open the front door so i started to Get worried i asked some people around for a mobile number to call because the one i had nobody answer an italian woman saw somebody in the Park outside and ask the guy Came try to help me to open with my keys but he couldnt after some seconds he took out of his pocket some keys and he open the door i was so scared because he wasnt from the hostel....Roma are so hot noACno fan

Great small hostel in a lovely part of town by the river with only 4 rooms! But above a very cool arts/community centre/ restaurant co-operative so can get lively downstairs if they have live music otherwise nice quiet off the beaten track place to stay.

• 3rd May 2013

Very good, I like it!

• 18th Apr 2013

I don't think anyone could ask for anything more for the price. Very smart and very secure. Very easy to reach from the train station. My room was more tastefully (and originally) decorated than a lot of pricier hotels. Excellent place to stay. Complimenti ai proprietari!

great place to stay in Turin, friendly, good value, good location and clean. only minus is that the internet is very poor and only has a connection in the kitchen that doesn't always work. otherwise great.

Thank you Christian. The Staff

"Il Barrito doesn't exist! We arrived at the indicated local and there was a paper in the wall indicates to call to a phone number. We called, but no one answer the the telephone call. We ask people in street about Il Barrito and they didn't know the place, even in the store around that place. We had to go to a hotel"

Unfortunately while I was staying at the hostel, the pipes of the building broke and there was no running cold water in the bathroom for two days (no shower/no flushing). No arrangements were made to alleviate the situation. I had to ask for a bucket myself to be able to flush the toilet after the first night. Although the hostel was nice apart from this problem, I was very upset about the lack of concern from the end of the hostel about this unhygienic and miserable situation.

• 25th Sep 2012

It's a EUR 20 hostel without air conditioning but with very good wifi. Very minimalist.

Not too far from Turin centre, easy to get to, helpful staff although not a huge amount of English spoken. Clean room, all good really

'Il Barrito' is a hostel with a pleasant atmosphere, friendly hosts and direct access to the metro station "Spezia". Our room was simply but lovingly furnished. The common kitchen is new and clean. A very good price/performance ratio and a really good place to stay!

• 18th Jun 2012

Staff weren't even there to greet me which left me with no where to stay. I arrived slightly later than my arrival time as detailed when I booked the room and they gave me no warning about their check in times. I booked an additional night on Sunday weeks ago and they waited until Saturday evening to tell me I couldn't check in on Sundays.

• 14th Jun 2012

Good rooms, nice kitchen and bathroom. Maybe you can place the total amount of money on the website (not only in small letters) to avoid any discussion. Also a pity that you don't speak english.

• 27th Apr 2012