Il Castello Reviews

Via Porta di Castello 4 Bologna, Bologna, Italy

Had to change my plans and cancelled my booking with more than 72 hrs notice. They claimed they never received my email, and that my cancellation wasn't valid––thus, they fully charged me despite my complaints. Further, I checked their page on the day I was due to stay there, and there were still spare rooms of the type I'd booked––proving that, regardless of my allegedly lost email, my booking would not have caused them any financial loss. Generally disrespectful communications from them.

Hello Mr. , you did not sent us any proof that you sent us the e-mail of cancellation before 1 day only of you arrival time. So we charged the room as af our cancellation rules, that requires at least 3 days before.

Great central location with friendly and helpful staff. The breakfast was good and the room was clean and comfortable.

• 21st Oct 2014

Excellent B&B! really well located, best place to stay in Bologna!

Very nice b&b located right where you want to stay in Bologna. Very clean and with good beds. Only problem is, that there is just one bath, and another toilet, that creates waiting time in the morning.

The location of the hotel is really good and I appreciate friendly and helpful staff. However, it was difficult to find the place at the first time as it is not really well marked. The breakfast was ok, the rooms and bathroom were clean. The only problem for me was one bathroom what make people wait long for their showertime.

We had a bit of trouble finding the hostel, even when we passed it we didn't realise as it had fashion written on the door so we assumed it wasn't the hostel. The beds were comfortable and the shower was good but the walls were very thin meaning we could overhear everything everyone else said and the breakfast left a lot to be desired.

It's a great place for a stay on a budget -- the location makes up for it being a bit loud in some rooms (some are seperated only by a VERY thin wall-like construction) and some staff. The service (and breakfast) depends on who's on duty -- there was a very nice and helpful lady from the Philippines at first, then there was a rude and unhelpful Italian girl. The biggest problem ist that there's only one shower for a handful of rooms and opening up the kitchen area would help.

The door lock was defective and if used in the wrong way the door became permanently locked. We got locked inside the building for an hour and a fellow on the outside couldn't get in. their solution to the problem was to hang a sign on the door saying do not lock the door! Just fix the door for crying out loud!!!!!! There was no hot water while we were there (fortunately only one night)

Loved it, very cheap and very clean. Right in the center of the city and the staff is so nice. Loved the rooms

Great location but bed in single room was very uncomfortable and the towel provided was stained. Breakfast was OK but nothing special

This hostel is well located in Bologna, clean and the personnel is professional and very friendly. Definitely a good address!!

The woman working there couldn't help much since she only spoke Italian and was actually a bit rude. Breakfast is just ok and the location is very good.

This hostel was absolutely wonderful! I would recommend it to anyone heading towards Bologna. :) The staff is wonderful, the facilities clean, and I felt very safe. Security is key for a solo female traveler and this place exceeded expectations.

Thank you very much!

Perfect if you're just passing through the city for one night.

This bed and breakfast is located less than a 5min walk away from piazza maggiore (central plaza of Bologna). It is a bit hidden, but once you find it and inside you will love it. It is extremely clean, secure, and the shower is great! The breakfast is small, you get a small ham and cheese sandwich, a fruit, oj and coffee. You can meet people in the common area, but people don't always hang out there... there's not really a couch or anything. Wifi is good and fast! Enjoy your stay!

Clean, comfortable, beautifully decorated hotel. Didn't try the breakfast, I had to leave early. Make sure to try locking/unlocking ALL the doors while staff is still there. I had trouble opening the main door late at night and luckily a guest who had figured out the "trick" came to the rescue!

• 28th Jul 2014

a pleasant surprise to how wonderful a place it was. a bnb really. they gave us bathrobes! I was in heaven. close to fun places to walk to

The only negative aspect of this hostel is the walls are not very thick or sound proof. And you can hear every conversation taking place in the room next door.

Thanks a lot for just a pleasant stay in your hostel and a exceptional obligingness of your staff!

Great location, nice facilities, friendly staff.

• 11th Jul 2014