Il Castello Reviews

Via Porta di Castello 4 Bologna, Bologna, Italy

to find the hostel is difficult,there is no name outside!!!!!

Very hard to find! They need to update their directions For sure. Good location. Breakfast included and nice facilities. a bit expensive. All in all a good hostel

This little hostel is located really close to the main square, and not too far from the station, which makes it a perfect starting point for any traveller who wants to see the city. Our double room was simple and small, invoquing the feeling of being one simple room transformed into a double one. But it had the needed things. The personal is friendly and willing to give you any information. The common area is really nice and the breaksfast was very good as well.

Everything was great the only thing i wasn't satisfied was the speed of the internet connection.

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Turkey
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The staff was unfriendly and toilets weren't clean. The "breakfast" was just a coffee and a fruit and chocolate. So we were hungry when checked out.

• 28th Jan 2015
  • Finland

Everything was great, except the fact that my single room could be entered by person who lived next door and nobody from the staff told me about it. Room no 1 and 2 are not separated rooms, but one room divided with furnitures; room 1 can be entered from room 2 by additional doors, which I told are some sort of closed...

• 2nd Dec 2014
  • Poland

Excelent location, cleaning and breakfast :)

Had to change my plans and cancelled my booking with more than 72 hrs notice. They claimed they never received my email, and that my cancellation wasn't valid––thus, they fully charged me despite my complaints. Further, I checked their page on the day I was due to stay there, and there were still spare rooms of the type I'd booked––proving that, regardless of my allegedly lost email, my booking would not have caused them any financial loss. Generally disrespectful communications from them.

Hello Mr. , you did not sent us any proof that you sent us the e-mail of cancellation before 1 day only of you arrival time. So we charged the room as af our cancellation rules, that requires at least 3 days before.

Great central location with friendly and helpful staff. The breakfast was good and the room was clean and comfortable.

• 21st Oct 2014

Excellent B&B! really well located, best place to stay in Bologna!

Very nice b&b located right where you want to stay in Bologna. Very clean and with good beds. Only problem is, that there is just one bath, and another toilet, that creates waiting time in the morning.

The location of the hotel is really good and I appreciate friendly and helpful staff. However, it was difficult to find the place at the first time as it is not really well marked. The breakfast was ok, the rooms and bathroom were clean. The only problem for me was one bathroom what make people wait long for their showertime.

We had a bit of trouble finding the hostel, even when we passed it we didn't realise as it had fashion written on the door so we assumed it wasn't the hostel. The beds were comfortable and the shower was good but the walls were very thin meaning we could overhear everything everyone else said and the breakfast left a lot to be desired.

It's a great place for a stay on a budget -- the location makes up for it being a bit loud in some rooms (some are seperated only by a VERY thin wall-like construction) and some staff. The service (and breakfast) depends on who's on duty -- there was a very nice and helpful lady from the Philippines at first, then there was a rude and unhelpful Italian girl. The biggest problem ist that there's only one shower for a handful of rooms and opening up the kitchen area would help.

The door lock was defective and if used in the wrong way the door became permanently locked. We got locked inside the building for an hour and a fellow on the outside couldn't get in. their solution to the problem was to hang a sign on the door saying do not lock the door! Just fix the door for crying out loud!!!!!! There was no hot water while we were there (fortunately only one night)

Loved it, very cheap and very clean. Right in the center of the city and the staff is so nice. Loved the rooms

Great location but bed in single room was very uncomfortable and the towel provided was stained. Breakfast was OK but nothing special

View all Bologna Bed and Breakfasts