Il Castello Reviews

Via Porta di Castello 4 Bologna, Bologna, Italy

Extremely rude staff. I have been traveling for an extended period of time and I have encountered unfriendly staff, usually that does not bother me. People will be people. However, at this hostel they were unhelpful, lacked general knowledge about the town (ie where we should park!!), and were trying to take every penny they could from us. I have never been so frustrated with a hostel or the people.

It was very nice and clean. The location was perfect, not far to the train station and right by the main square. Had a good shower and night sleep and enjoyed the stay.

In general the hostel was good but many smala things were annoying. In m'y room we were able to hear the peuple of the next room as they were in ours. I had a small box to put m'y stuff but the others had a full wardrobe. The plugs to reload your phone were only reachable for the perons sleeping at the floor. even the hostel was ok, I ll try another one nextime

there was no heat and just one plug-in in a 5-bed room

• 16th Nov 2015
  • Turkey

Cute little place, very boutique style. Not much to say really, I wasn't overly thrilled nor was I disappointed. But that could have a lot to do with me getting sick the first night I stayed. Not for people who want to party, ice for an older crowd. No kitchen facilities to use either. I wish there was at least a kettle for evenings. I needed tea so bad. The girls at the front desk prepare your complimentary breakfast in the morning. DON'T get the croissant, it's that nasty packet stuff. :)

The facilities are really updated and the hostel is very clean. It was a bit hard for me to find the right place, as the bell for it isn't labeled that it's a hostel. The girl at reception when I checked in was great an very helpful. The beds were comfy and the lockers huge. There is a small space to hang out in, which didn't seem too social but luckily I met cool people in my room. Hostel is right in the city center but located on a quiet street. I'd stay here again if back in Bologna.

First time finding the hostel was a bit difficult. Other than that, the location was good and the place was clean. A good hostel for relaxing

Hostel is right in the heart of Bologna. Close to the two tower and all the famous sights. Clean, light and staff was almost friendly and helpful. Gets expensive if you check in late and want to store your luggage after 2 pm. Overall would recommend this accommodation!

Everything is good,except the sound insulation is not very good in the room,which is fully heard in the next room and common areas voices, I think that doesn't matter in the days but not nights.

Il Castello was very clean and convenient location wise.

Location was good , receptionist was rude , she don't even smile at guests There was no hot water in the morning I wouldn't suggest this to any one

Nice stay, for a night. The hostel is very well located, two minutes walk from the piazza maggiore, right in the centre of the town. The room and facilities are Ok, with a closet that you can close with a key.

Yo lo recomiendo %100 un hostel hermoso

muchisssssimasss gracias!!

I had the biggest locker I ever had in a hostel room. The breakfast was nice and it was a comfortable hostel. The only thing is that it is a bit hard to find.

The kitchen aren't for sharing. It's a simple hostel but it's very comple service for preparing your bed and towel service. There may need atlease a public sharing computer for guests.

Very good modality to feel the modern comfort in the old center of the marvelous city Bologna.

Nice hostel, but a place where you will not meet a lot of people (people weren't chatty at all) and the check-in procedure is inconvenient for no good apparent reason (but it seems to be normal in Italy?). Clean, and nice showers.

no kitchen. have to pay for luggage storage after 2pm. some lockers are very small and almost unreachable, others are big- depends on your luck. breakfast is fairly poor.

Really liked this hostel, one of the better hostels I've been to. Little bit hard to find but once found you'll see that it's right in the city centre and still only a 20 minute walk from the main train station. Breakfast was a little bit poor but better than nothing I guess. The facilities were clean and I don't really have a bad word for this hostel apart from the lack of atmosphere as there was no chill out/meeting/lounge room to talk to people.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4