Il Castello Reviews

Via Porta di Castello 4 Bologna, Bologna, Italy

This place is hard to find - look for the Fashion Line. It's not really a hostel- more a hotel with a dorm rooms so there is room atmosphere. It was good for one night stopover. Location to main square and train/bus station is good. Bathrooms are good and clean.

Excellent place for staying at Bologna. The faciliies were nice, lot of travellers, I had a pretty good time at "Il Castello". The prices are good.

I loved the hostel. But I am not from the area, and having staff that know the area enough to tell you where to go is huge. The staff weren't helpful at all, and the map they give is terrible. So i was left to float around hoping the locals could direct me to places to eat, etc. Great place to stay, but need to work on people skills.

You are many and the staff can not stay there behind you my friend. If you need something you can go and ask them. Maybe you needed that the staff had also done as a tour guide so you remained glad !!!!!!!!!!!

to find the hostel is difficult,there is no name outside!!!!!

Very hard to find! They need to update their directions For sure. Good location. Breakfast included and nice facilities. a bit expensive. All in all a good hostel

This little hostel is located really close to the main square, and not too far from the station, which makes it a perfect starting point for any traveller who wants to see the city. Our double room was simple and small, invoquing the feeling of being one simple room transformed into a double one. But it had the needed things. The personal is friendly and willing to give you any information. The common area is really nice and the breaksfast was very good as well.

Everything was great the only thing i wasn't satisfied was the speed of the internet connection.

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Turkey
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The staff was unfriendly and toilets weren't clean. The "breakfast" was just a coffee and a fruit and chocolate. So we were hungry when checked out.

• 28th Jan 2015
  • Finland

Everything was great, except the fact that my single room could be entered by person who lived next door and nobody from the staff told me about it. Room no 1 and 2 are not separated rooms, but one room divided with furnitures; room 1 can be entered from room 2 by additional doors, which I told are some sort of closed...

• 2nd Dec 2014
  • Poland

Excelent location, cleaning and breakfast :)

Had to change my plans and cancelled my booking with more than 72 hrs notice. They claimed they never received my email, and that my cancellation wasn't valid––thus, they fully charged me despite my complaints. Further, I checked their page on the day I was due to stay there, and there were still spare rooms of the type I'd booked––proving that, regardless of my allegedly lost email, my booking would not have caused them any financial loss. Generally disrespectful communications from them.

Hello Mr. , you did not sent us any proof that you sent us the e-mail of cancellation before 1 day only of you arrival time. So we charged the room as af our cancellation rules, that requires at least 3 days before.

Great central location with friendly and helpful staff. The breakfast was good and the room was clean and comfortable.

• 21st Oct 2014

Excellent B&B! really well located, best place to stay in Bologna!

Very nice b&b located right where you want to stay in Bologna. Very clean and with good beds. Only problem is, that there is just one bath, and another toilet, that creates waiting time in the morning.

View all Bologna Bed and Breakfasts