Il Castello Reviews

Via Porta di Castello 4 Bologna, Bologna, Italy

Extremely well located, staff was nice and the rooms are big and clean. Would return.

• 22nd Jun 2015

The location was excellent, right in the centre of Bologna. The place was clean except for the fact the shower was clogged up. There wasn't much of a atmosphere but that depends on the people there and not the hostel itself. The girl working there was competent.

Hostel is a little difficult to find, look for number 4 - 'Fashionline' on the outside. It is in a really central location. Great room, lovely. Air-conditioning and clean. I would happily stay again.

Nice B&B. Downside: There is only one shower and we have to pay to leave our luggage for the afternoon after checking out. Otherwise, overall very good.

• 14th Jun 2015

It's clean and nice, but definitely too expensive and there is absolutely no hostel atmosphere (no place to meet and chat with other travellers).

The hostel is in an excellent location in that it's 5 minutes away from Piazza Maggiore. But it's actually very difficult to find as there are literally no signs around the place (not even on the doorbell). Apart that very nice place.

Better directions and warn people of the bicyclis the who told me he knew where you where located and road around. Then dropped me off and I had to pay for a taxi and him. Got ripped off. It is simple yet difficult and no sign pointing to this hostel. Fashion did not fly with me. You need a sign or leave map at train station.

Great, clean and cute! Although its hard to figure out how to get in, the staff is kind and friendly. Rooms and bathrooms were always clean and the vending machine was convenient. Definitely will book on my next visit!

I stayed in a 4-bed room, well-organized and clean. People from the next room could be heard in my room but it wasn't even a minor annoyance. Bathrooms: well maintained. The place is well located, except that there is no "Ostello Il Castello" name on the entrance from the street. Instead you have to look for "Fashion line" or something. Breakfast included, was small but never mind that for the low price. They've a small staff. Special mention: the receptionist was very helpful and kind.

• 26th May 2015
  • India

Cancelled my booking and unfortunately didn't get my money back because I didn't cancel in time, what can you do - no fault of the hostel. they seemed to respond to all emails in a timely manner through.

the room for 2 persons was ridiculous, too small for walk inside and can moove. and the breakfast too poor. Nothing special for this place. the only thing ok, was commun area, and bathroom. was really disappointed...would not come back.

Great hostel, was only there for one night! Pretty good atmosphere! Pretty small hostel so everyone is close! The only thing is that they only have free luggage storage until 2pm then you have to pay 5 euros! I asked to wait in main room for an hour and I wasn't aloud so once you check out you are no longer aloud there!

Great place, a bit far to the central station (15 min walk). Common area and washrooms are great and rooms are decent sized.

The hostel was very clean but the walls are very thin so even normal conversations can be heard through the walls. Two of us stayed in a 4 bed dorm where they assigned the beds. I asked to have a different bed but they said no because other guests might arrive and then no one showed up. It wasn't a very accommodating experience. The location is great though and everything was very clean.

Very cheap 4 bed room for a really nice place.

The breakfast isn't all that, just a croissant or toast and a piece of fruit. The coffee was good!

Clean, affordable, and great location. Wonderful.

Super clean hostel! I really appreciated the cleanliness of your hostel. And the great service from the staff! I was very happy to stay at Il Castello.

Good value for money. They only detail is that walls are too thin.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Mexico

The hostel was one of the nicest places I stayed on my tour of Italy.. however, the experience was brought down by the lack of help. The map isn't very helpful and I was talked at like I knew the city, but I didn't. I received no suggestions on what I should put on my priority list to see when in Bologna.. like other hostels do. I arrived at breakfast and was asked 'did you want something?' instead of take a seat.

View all Bologna Bed and Breakfasts