Il Castello Reviews

Via Porta di Castello 4 Bologna, Bologna, Italy

I stayed in a 4-bed room, well-organized and clean. People from the next room could be heard in my room but it wasn't even a minor annoyance. Bathrooms: well maintained. The place is well located, except that there is no "Ostello Il Castello" name on the entrance from the street. Instead you have to look for "Fashion line" or something. Breakfast included, was small but never mind that for the low price. They've a small staff. Special mention: the receptionist was very helpful and kind.

• 26th May 2015
  • India

Great hostel, was only there for one night! Pretty good atmosphere! Pretty small hostel so everyone is close! The only thing is that they only have free luggage storage until 2pm then you have to pay 5 euros! I asked to wait in main room for an hour and I wasn't aloud so once you check out you are no longer aloud there!

Great place, a bit far to the central station (15 min walk). Common area and washrooms are great and rooms are decent sized.

The hostel was very clean but the walls are very thin so even normal conversations can be heard through the walls. Two of us stayed in a 4 bed dorm where they assigned the beds. I asked to have a different bed but they said no because other guests might arrive and then no one showed up. It wasn't a very accommodating experience. The location is great though and everything was very clean.

Very cheap 4 bed room for a really nice place.

The breakfast isn't all that, just a croissant or toast and a piece of fruit. The coffee was good!

Clean, affordable, and great location. Wonderful.

Super clean hostel! I really appreciated the cleanliness of your hostel. And the great service from the staff! I was very happy to stay at Il Castello.

Good value for money. They only detail is that walls are too thin.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Mexico

The hostel was one of the nicest places I stayed on my tour of Italy.. however, the experience was brought down by the lack of help. The map isn't very helpful and I was talked at like I knew the city, but I didn't. I received no suggestions on what I should put on my priority list to see when in Bologna.. like other hostels do. I arrived at breakfast and was asked 'did you want something?' instead of take a seat.

The hostel is quite nice, provided you don't have noisy people staying next door. But it took us ages to find the place and after being on a train for 8 hours we only had half an hour to get there and check in as they stop at 7. It was so hard to find, would be easier if they emailed you a map or gave clear instructions of how to find the place. But staff were friendly enough, breakfast was included, it was small but saved buying something. And it's very in the centre so location is good.

I stayed for two nights, first night everything was perfect, It was not until second night, when two american checked in the room next to us. Then me and another buddy in our room notice that the "wall" between the two room was in fact not a wall, but the two room was only divided by a layer of wardrobe, leaving a huge gap between the top of the wardrobe and the ceiling. That would have been fine, if the two american did not decide to sing, jump around, talk loudly 3 o'clock in the morning.

Perfect place to stay in Bologna. Great location, price, staff and facility. I would love to stay when I visit Bologna again.

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Japan

Thank you! We really appreciate your positive review and comment! Hope to see you again! -From the staffs of Castello.

The hostel is right in the heart of the city in a quiet street. You get what you need for the price, but nothing more. The rooms are clean, as are the bathrooms. There's only 1 shower, which can lead to issues in the morning. There's a small(!) breakfast. Staff tries to help, but is not always able too. So you better go to the tourist office for a proper map of the city and all your touristic questions. Would recommend if you need a bed in Bologna, not if you're searching for a good atmosphere.

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

Ours is a structure and not a tourist information office. However we always try our best to satisfy every customer's request. In particular in its case when you came to us showing up with the map received from the tourist office asking us the information that obviously has not received in the office where youhad gone earlier!!!!!!!!!

Well located but not very clean.

The staff is very nice, rooms are recently renovated and have modern furniture. Only the walls are thin and you can hear the neighbors when they are loud. Also there are not many bathrooms, so it could be a problem when it is crowded. Ambient is nice and included breakfast is not bad.

Very good

• 19th Mar 2015
  • China

This place is hard to find - look for the Fashion Line. It's not really a hostel- more a hotel with a dorm rooms so there is room atmosphere. It was good for one night stopover. Location to main square and train/bus station is good. Bathrooms are good and clean.

Excellent place for staying at Bologna. The faciliies were nice, lot of travellers, I had a pretty good time at "Il Castello". The prices are good.

I loved the hostel. But I am not from the area, and having staff that know the area enough to tell you where to go is huge. The staff weren't helpful at all, and the map they give is terrible. So i was left to float around hoping the locals could direct me to places to eat, etc. Great place to stay, but need to work on people skills.

You are many and the staff can not stay there behind you my friend. If you need something you can go and ask them. Maybe you needed that the staff had also done as a tour guide so you remained glad !!!!!!!!!!!

View all Bologna Bed and Breakfasts