Il Castello Reviews

Via Porta di Castello 4 Bologna, Bologna, Italy

Il castello was the best hostel i have stayed. It is located in the center and the services they gave u are great: everything was clean, quiet and the stuff very friendly. So if one day i am going back to Bologna definetly i will stay there again.

• 26th Dec 2015
  • Romania

The hostel is an ideal place to stay during your long tired journey. Clean environment, perfect location, security, friendly staff all of which make it highly recommended!

Perfect location, on a quiet side street but close to the city centre and all major sites. Very clean and warm, lovely staff, all facilities were great. Breakfast was fine. Coffee and fruit was a nice touch. The only thing I disliked was the fee for storing luggage after 2pm after checking out. Overall I would definitely stay here again! Thank you!

• 25th Dec 2015

Stayed there or a night only. This hostel definetely needs a sign! I walked 15 mins around but could not find it. Luckly, I heard the guys spoke English and asked them about hostel and they were staying there too. Also, staff is not available at night time (I guess) and breakfast could be more fulfilling ( I only had 2 toasts, coffee and an apple). Besides it, everything is fine. Good living area, fast wifi, lockers provided, friendly staff, central location just in the heart of Bolonga.

Il Castello was very centrally located in Bologna making it easy to get to just about anything you would want to see while in the city. Included towels is a great plus and I wish that was more common elsewhere. The included breakfast was about what I would expect and enjoyed speaking with the staff about their stories of how they ended up in the city. The lack a moire comfortable communal area (with couches, etc) is a major disadvantage however it did not appear that the hostel has much space.

I liked it! They provide lockers that lock and it is in a perfect location, though it is really hard to find! More signs or something would be nice. However, overall I really enjoyed my stay.

• 19th Dec 2015

Rather a hostel than a B&B, very simple but standarised and well located.

It was Ok.

• 12th Dec 2015
  • Croatia

The 1st problem was when I booked it, I got an email saying that my credit card was denied and I needed to present another credit card to keep my reservation, but I had paid with debit and it was payment confirmed, I replied it explaining it but they called me again saying the same thing, as I explained again the situation they agreed but kept calling me and sending me sms asking about the reservation. I had to pay extra 10€ for checking in after 7pm. Staff was not friendly and it was noisy.

My experience with this hostel was very average. A day after booking my room I received an email saying that I would have to pay 10 euros to check in later than 19:00, which added an extra 50% to the price of the room. This is mentioned on the website but is not made very clear. When I emailed to enquire i received a rude response from the management. The hostel is clean and there is a communal dining space, but kitchen facilities were locked and only accessible to staff.

• 4th Dec 2015

The location was right in the center of the town, close to all the facilities we needed, the staff was warm and very helpful, everything was very clean, the room was warm at night, everything was perfect. Cant wait to go there again!

• 28th Nov 2015
  • Romania

Hoping to see you back soon :)

This hostel had comfortable beds and good wifi in the rooms but there was only one area to charge phones. The morning breakfast was small but the coffee was good. The security was top-notch and the rooms and bathrooms were very clean.

Extremely rude staff. I have been traveling for an extended period of time and I have encountered unfriendly staff, usually that does not bother me. People will be people. However, at this hostel they were unhelpful, lacked general knowledge about the town (ie where we should park!!), and were trying to take every penny they could from us. I have never been so frustrated with a hostel or the people.

You have only wanted to leave your car parked inside of our garage, after your check-out time, without paying. That's why you feel so frustated. Hope not to meet you people as you again.

It was very nice and clean. The location was perfect, not far to the train station and right by the main square. Had a good shower and night sleep and enjoyed the stay.

In general the hostel was good but many smala things were annoying. In m'y room we were able to hear the peuple of the next room as they were in ours. I had a small box to put m'y stuff but the others had a full wardrobe. The plugs to reload your phone were only reachable for the perons sleeping at the floor. even the hostel was ok, I ll try another one nextime

there was no heat and just one plug-in in a 5-bed room

• 16th Nov 2015
  • Turkey

maybe you don' know how to use the heating

Cute little place, very boutique style. Not much to say really, I wasn't overly thrilled nor was I disappointed. But that could have a lot to do with me getting sick the first night I stayed. Not for people who want to party, ice for an older crowd. No kitchen facilities to use either. I wish there was at least a kettle for evenings. I needed tea so bad. The girls at the front desk prepare your complimentary breakfast in the morning. DON'T get the croissant, it's that nasty packet stuff. :)

The facilities are really updated and the hostel is very clean. It was a bit hard for me to find the right place, as the bell for it isn't labeled that it's a hostel. The girl at reception when I checked in was great an very helpful. The beds were comfy and the lockers huge. There is a small space to hang out in, which didn't seem too social but luckily I met cool people in my room. Hostel is right in the city center but located on a quiet street. I'd stay here again if back in Bologna.

First time finding the hostel was a bit difficult. Other than that, the location was good and the place was clean. A good hostel for relaxing

Hostel is right in the heart of Bologna. Close to the two tower and all the famous sights. Clean, light and staff was almost friendly and helpful. Gets expensive if you check in late and want to store your luggage after 2 pm. Overall would recommend this accommodation!

View all Bologna Bed and Breakfasts