Il Gatto Zorba Reviews

Via Paleocapa 4, La Spezia, Italy

Very helpful staff at check in! Good wifi even in the rooms. Shower was a bit small. Very close to train station and boat port to get to the different villages of Cinque Terre. You have the choice of breakfast at 3 places but Gambiras had the better options. Very happy with this place

This was a very nice place to stay and very centrally located. The people were very nice and helpful. I would absolutely stay here again.

Central location within metres of the train station that takes you into the amazing towns of the Cinque Terre. The staff were helpful upon arrival giving me maps of LaSpezia and pointing out places to eat. But they aren't around for the rest of the time. You do get a little bit of noise from the train station but it wasn't too bad. Would stay again

Great location near the train station for easy access to 5-terra (the 3 northern of the 5 towns are the most interesting fyi). Gatto Zorba is really just apartments divided into rooms. There's no lobby really and no one around to answer questions. They give you a number to call if you have problems. Laura, who checked us in was very nice and spoke good english. The room was clean and nice, but a bit over priced for La Spezia (which, by the way, is kind of a cool town to poke around in!)

A warm welcome and a lovely room.

The lady that checked us in was fantastic, so helpful and kind. Great location, so close to the train station, which is easy access to all the towns of Cinque Terre. Felt very secure there, and the noise from the train station was easily minimised by shutting the windows. They gave us vouchers for breakfast with a map of where we could redeem them for a free breakfast and also highlighted cheap places to eat for lunch and dinner. Highly recommend if you are wanting to go go Cinque Terre.

Absolutely loved this place, such a great place to stay- clean

Amazing location right next to the train station and perfect for exploring the Cinque Terre. It meant that we could visit during the day, pop back to our accommodation and then grab another train with our Cinque Terre pass back to one of the towns for dinner. That said it's not much more than a room. Bathroom is clean and showers are nice. They do provide you with breakfast cards which gets you a coffee and croissant though no communal area or kitchen. Expensive for what it offers

Nice place to stay, very close to train station so very easy to access Cinque Terre. Also we was given a really helpful orientation talk about the area and how to get around on arrival.

Helpful staff, very clean room and convenient location. Would recommend to others.

Large room, clean and staff were helpful with maps and breakfast vouchers. Very close to train station (2 minutes). No common areas to meet others or spend time though.

I really liked Il Gatto Sorba. Internet connection was great. The staff was really helpful and let me put my bags in a safe place while I toured around Spezia. The only thing is that when I arrived, the door bell intercom didnt work so I had to call the owner but besides that I loved it.

• 18th Mar 2014