Il Giglio Guesthouse Reviews

Viale Fratelli Rosselli, 74, Florence, Florence, Italy

The staff was very helpful when I checked in, but they were definitely very rushed to complete my check-in. That was the only time I saw them. When I had issues with the WiFi, they responded very quickly to my email requesting assistance. It is a very quiet place--I thought that I was the only once there--and quite small. But I had a nice stay. It is located close to the train station, which was very convenient. Overall, a nice stay.

Great room, good 2 night stay.

Lovely room with the kitchen and balcony.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

Great little place to stay whilst in a budget. Very clean even though you have a shared bathroom. Breakfast is very basic but it's enough. Plus a very helpful starter pack. Thanks for a nice stay.

• 10th May 2014

We unknowingly booked an entire 4 bed room and there were only 2 of us. We were originally going to be charged for all 4 beds but we explained the situation to the hostel and they were incredibly nice about it, only charging us for 2 beds and even giving us a discount! This place is definitely more like a hotel, is really private, and you get snacks which is always a plus! One of the best places (especially for the money) I've stayed! Definitely recommend!

This guest house has WiFi which works well. A view I read before going said it didn't but perhaps the person hadn't seen the password which is on a cupboard door near the big guests' fridge.

We didn't have wi-fi, but overall great experience.

Never actually met any members of the staff...

Me and my friends stayed at this hotel for 2 nights a week ago. It was just what we wanted.. it was very close to everything you may want to see in Florence also because it is such a small city and you can get pretty much anywhere by walk! there are 4 or 5 rooms and 2 bathrooms you have to share with the other people staying there! I would definitely reccomend this hostel if you're going to spend a couple of nights in Florence.. it worked out perfectly for us!

• 30th Dec 2013

It is simple and quite place. no common room, but overall, it is recommended.

Everything goes quite fine. Very beautiful guest house, not far from railway station by walk. The only unpleasant thing is that the last night when we stayed there, there is someone who knocked our door very heavily, I guess that he got drank probably. Very good guest house.

I chose this place only to be close to the train station. For that matter the guest house has an ideal location - 5-10 minutes walk to the station. I would not stay there again, as the bathrooms were not clean, for the first day, there was no hot water at all (then the owner finally remembered to switch on the boiler!). For some reasons, the owner was going in to my room, closed and opened the balcony door and moved my stuff around in my absence!!! It was not pleasant!

I'm very sorry for the problems that you had in GiglioGuesthouse. The owner was going into your room and opened and close the balcony door only because the boiler is in the balcony and it was not working properly. We have the keys of all the room and we usually come into the room every day only to clean the room and replace the breakfast. Hope that you had nice time in Italy. Regards

It's not really close to any attractions, but close to the train station, and Florence is a small place, you can walk anywhere. Our stay was very pleasant and untroubled, the hostel was clean, and although staff was only there to say hello on day one (we didn't see anyone again), that was not a problem, it's a very private place (well, there's CCTV in most the areas, haha). We would recommend this place.

The place was fine, but the air conditioner stop working and the reception was not in the same place, and the guy let us a phone number to call in case we need, and i try to call him and send messages and never respond, the A/C never work and the heat was awfull, more attention to the guests!

very poor hotel, too expensive and no breakfast..

Dear Mr.Sharma, I'm very sorry that you didn't like our Guesthouse but this is not an Hotel but only an hostel. The restaurant as nothing to do with us, I have never been there and I have never suggest this restaurant, is not very correct using my website to comment another one, maybe you can find a more suitable solution to express your idea about the restaurant. Regards

When we arrived at the guesthouse, there was a note on the frontdoor. It said "call this number, and i will come immetiately". We waited over 1 hour out on the street, and called like 15 times. No one answerd the phone. We called another number we found on their webpage. But then an angry old italian man answerd an hung up. The "included breakfast" is just some stuff in plastic, lying in the room when u arrive. So even if we stayed for 2 nights, we only got "breakfast" for one. Not to recomend.

Fine place to stay for a night or two. No problems, but nothing to rave about either.

The location of this hostel is perfect - very close to the train station. The staff is super friendly. The room was clean and spacious. The bathroom was adequate. Overall, I was very pleased with this hostel and would definitely consider staying here again!

• 22nd Jun 2013

Near the train station I imagine it is safe but it isn't very pleasnt at night. Staff only comes to check people in so you can't count on anyone for advice or help. My snd floor room had a small belcony over the parking of the building so it was easy to break into. Very clean hostel, two bathrooms so there was never a que etc. All in all it is a good practical place: main down sides: no staff, no kitchen, not the best location.

Got off to a bad start as no one was there to let us in, so we had to wait ten minutes. However, once inside everything was great. About ten minutes walk to Florence centre, and five mins to the station. Breakfast snacks and drinks were provides in the room. There was also a sink and a balcony. Oh and air conditioning which was great! I would stay here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7