Il Giglio Guesthouse Reviews

Viale Fratelli Rosselli, 74, Florence, Florence, Italy

We were there for 3 nights and didn't get one hot shower between us

• 3rd Jul 2015

We really enjoyed our stay! It was quiet and the air conditioning was definitely enjoyed being there at the beginning of July. The bathrooms were quite clean and as were the rooms. Having a fridge and microwave was a nice surprise too. The location was good especially for the train station, but it took awhile to get to the main attractions. This wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so hot, but that's just because it was summer. All in all I would recommend !

Nice place! Very quiet. If you're looking to meet new people this isn't the place for you. During my stay I didn't meet a single person. The staff are also rarely there which was different but just fine! You don't have to check in or anything, they just give you the door codes and have your room ready for you which was super convenient

You get what you pay for at Il Giglio. You pay for your room, they leave you a key and it is self check in and check out. It wasn't the most comfortable bed in the world but it does the job. It is in a location close to the metro but a bit of a walk out of Florence. If you were a solo traveller you wouldn't walk to be walking back to the Guesthouse late at night, I found the area a bit sketchy. Overall, if you need a place for a night its good value.

Dear Melanie, thank you so much for your nice review. Florence has not a metro, we are very close to central railway station of SANTA MARIA NOVELLA, we are really in the center of Florence but as in all the cities all around the world the area of the main station is very crowed and maybe it seems not too safe, but there are no problem if you stay in the main street. All the best

Due to a booking error I was relocated to a different BnB, however it worked as an upgrade really and I have a very comfortable stay, although 20 mins walk from the centre.

Perfect place to stay in Florence if you not looking to spend too much. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean and had good facilities, air conditioning, wifi, hair dryers etc. Location is good too, only a 10 minute walk from the Duomo and the centre of the city. Would recommend this place.

• 14th Jun 2015

Everything was as advertised. No surprises. Very much enjoyed my stay. Would recommend.

Pretty good hostel if you want to stay in the centre of Florence, probably within 5 minutes walking distance of the main sights. There was no staff to check us in but we had gotten passkeys to the frontdoor of the building and the hostel by email and everything else we needed was found in the room. In case of trouble we had a phonenumber and email but we didnt need it. They even had contact information for a parking garage where we could somewhat cheaply park our car. 1 of the beds wasnt great.

excellent location... 5mins walk from the train station. very clean facilities... the room we were staying in has its own sink that makes it like a ensuite minus the toilet. the breakfast provided were awesome with juices and muffins and biscuits available. the host is very friendly and informative, they only available on site couple hours per day (the rest of the day if there's any questions they are still reachable by phone), but because of the low cost, this is still a perfect option to stay.

Perfect !

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Good location not too far to walk in to the centre, close to train station. Clean and tidy. Didn't really see much of the staff but they were there when we arrived and welcomed us in. Would stay there again or recommend to people.

• 13th Sep 2014

The bed is quite comfortable and the room is very quiet. However, we did not see any staff during our stay which was a bit strange.

The staff was very helpful when I checked in, but they were definitely very rushed to complete my check-in. That was the only time I saw them. When I had issues with the WiFi, they responded very quickly to my email requesting assistance. It is a very quiet place--I thought that I was the only once there--and quite small. But I had a nice stay. It is located close to the train station, which was very convenient. Overall, a nice stay.

Great room, good 2 night stay.

Lovely room with the kitchen and balcony.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

Great little place to stay whilst in a budget. Very clean even though you have a shared bathroom. Breakfast is very basic but it's enough. Plus a very helpful starter pack. Thanks for a nice stay.

We unknowingly booked an entire 4 bed room and there were only 2 of us. We were originally going to be charged for all 4 beds but we explained the situation to the hostel and they were incredibly nice about it, only charging us for 2 beds and even giving us a discount! This place is definitely more like a hotel, is really private, and you get snacks which is always a plus! One of the best places (especially for the money) I've stayed! Definitely recommend!

This guest house has WiFi which works well. A view I read before going said it didn't but perhaps the person hadn't seen the password which is on a cupboard door near the big guests' fridge.

We didn't have wi-fi, but overall great experience.

Never actually met any members of the staff...

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7