Il Nosadillo Reviews

Via Nosadella, 15C, Bologna, Italy

I had a wonderful stay at Il Nosadillo! The hostel is well located, very close to a street full of restaurants and bars. Marinella is incredibly sweet and helpful; when you first arrve, she will give you a map and explain everything you need to know about the city. The hostel is very clean, and the kitchen is fantastic. The all-day free breakfast is just the icing on the cake.

It was a nice hostel to stay, everything works properly, the staff is very friendly, and the set up allows for meeting people and socializing. As for price, is a bit more expensive than bigger hostels in other cities, but that is Bologna. The security is all right, but it worried me a bit that there is no staff there for most of the day, night included, some of the italian guests where a bit too touchy-feely, and to get out of the building one needs a key. Other than that, I would stay again :)

The hostel is really well-located, just 15 minutes away from the city center. It is a bit old, but it works perfectly for a short stay. It is clean and quiet. You can have yor breakfast at any time you want, which we found really good. The owner is really kind, she gave us very good recommendations and a lot of helpful information.

It was very quiet when I was there and I only saw a staff member when I checked in so no real atmosphere to speak of. The location was close to the city centre and the hostel was clean with good beds.

Easy to get to. Staff were friendly and were very helpful with how to get the best out of your stay in Bologna. Good was average but you're in Italy so no big deal!

Overall is a clean and nice hostel, great and friendly staff, clean bathroom, clean bed, locker good enough to store my 70litre backpack, they have food 24 hours, whenever you are hungry you can grab the things to eat (though it is the breakfast). downside is they don't have 24 hours reception, and sometimes there is no people there, make sure you call them before you go to the place to make arrangment.

Well Well Well....So many rights, but some very bad points! The location is quite good, the hostel layout is perfect, and the place is super clean! Breakfast is also available throughout the day...cakes, cereal, jams etc. This is all good, but the big big problem is the staff.....there are no staff, in fact over the weekend I didn't see them, even existing guests had to check new guests in who had bookings and would ring the bell continuously.Big security Issue! How are towels not included?????

The hostel was nice and staff were extremely good and more than happy to ponit out all the things to do in Bologna many thanks for make this the high light of my trip around Italy

• 17th Dec 2015

I had a great stay at il Nosadillo, all of your recomendations were fantastic and I really appreciated being able to have breakfast at any time. It might be nice to have towels and soap in the bathrooms, but overall I had a very pleasant experience. Thank you!

Smaller hostel with about 3 rooms. There is hardly ever any staff here, so people staying in hostel had to let others in and show them around. The doors were not always closed/locked. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Great location and the 'all day breakfast' is nice for when you want a snack. I would recommend.

Really comfortable hostel. Close to everything that you would need to do in the area. A bit confusing on where to check in, but once you book a bed, they send you an email asking what time you arrive and they try to sort it out with you. Staff are nice and the breakfast all day is a huge plus! Would 100% stay here again if I'm ever in Bologna!

The best place to stay in Bologna! Not 24 hour reception so didnt really meet much staff, but they were friendly when i did. The kitchen area is great to hang out in and chat with others. My only issue was that there was no lock on the downstairs bedroom door. Feels like a security risk!

The hostel is clean, well maintained and easy to find from Bologna Centrale. Checkin time is limited like everywhere else in Italy, but worked for my schedule. There's a good but small kitchen and the continental breakfast is available around the clock so you can eat cornflakes or chocolate muffins any time. The common area provided a great place to meet people both nights I was there. My one gripe is that the internet kept cutting out on me, but nobody else seemed to be having that problem.

Such a cool hostel. All day free breakfast was awesome, and great kitchen facilities so you can save money! Good location, not too far from the main area. Lovely atmosphere, the people are really friendly and open. Make sure you say what time you are arriving because otherwise you won't be able to get in- there's no reception. Lockers are spacious and generally good security. Would highly recommend this place!

Stayed in the 7 bed mixed dorm which was actually an 8 bed mixed. Showers in the dorm didn't work properly. The whole hostel was unclean. There was no toilet roll for two days! Everyone resorted to kitchen roll. The staff where never there, a lot of people were left outside waiting. The breakfast was pretty poor. The wifi kept stopping and when I asked the staff they just said it wasn't working and then left the hostel. I eventually fixed it myself. There was a good social atmosphere however.

This is by no means a big hostel. It's cosy. Marianella did a great job at check in. Go to both the gelato and pasta shops she suggests. Well worth it.

The beds are not very comfy, for the rest it was perfect, thank you!

• 28th Oct 2015

I spend two wonderful days in this hostel!! I met nice people and I slept very well. The hostel is in the city center near a bar and a good bakery! I recommend it

• 23rd Oct 2015

Despite receiving an email saying reception would be there at 1pm to meet us (they were at 2pm) it was very clean and cosy. Great location. Just tricky if you want communication with staff.

Very helpfull and kind staff and the atmosphere was really great. Enjoyed hanging out at the hostel! Will recommend it for sure!

View all Bologna Bed and Breakfasts