Ilans Apt

Good 534 Total Reviews

• Germany, Couple, 18-24
16th Mar 2017
6.9

Ilan is a nice guy but he should clean the kitchen. The dorms are a bit keen eared but comfortable.

• kristieallen
  • Canada, Couple, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
9th Feb 2017
6.6

No lockers in rooms, location is very close to downtown but that also makes it very loud at night (hardly slept the 3 nights was there because people were so loud on the street and our window wouldnt properly close), bathrooms didnt all have hot water nor did the kitchen, kitchen didnt have many utensils, however Ilan himself is very nice and very helpful! For my short stay it was just ok but any longer I dont think id like to stay. Wifi also only worked by the door and didnt work from my bed.

• Slovakia, Male, 25-30
5th Feb 2017
4.6

For one night it was quite enough, but I really can't imagine to spend more days here. Almost everything is belowe normal standard! Very low security ( no lockers, strangly conected dorms), there is no reception (owner is living upstairs and after he gives you keys, there is no chance to ask for something else), WI-FI is working just in some part of hostel (suprisingly not in chillout room), from kitchen is also smoking area, showers are without any walls and are together for women and men :D

30th Jan 2017
7.4

Great location, good value for money. Ilan is a very nice host, but the facilities are a bit run down. I didn't really mind it as I was there for a couple of nights, but if you are expecting nice looking showers and toilets, you will be disappointed. They still do the work and it is right in the center of Malaga, so for that price, I would probably stay there again if I go back.

• England, Female, 18-24
20th Jan 2017

I stayed for one night here and it was lush. I don't know why other people have put bad reviews to be honest. There were multiple showers that did the job and a bed with a warm cover. It had a really relaxed atmosphere and it was easy to talk to people staying there. It felt very much like an old school hostel which for me are the best kind. If you're not fussy about aesthetics and just want somewhere to chill out it's a perfect place.

14th Jan 2017

I had no issues at the hostel, I only stayed for one night. The shower was hot and there is a basic kitchen. Wifi worked great. Easy to find. My only two complaints were that the place was pretty dirty to my not very high standards and there was no place to lock up my stuff.

• Netherlands, Male, 41+
13th Jan 2017

Going to visit again...

• England, Female, 31-40
10th Dec 2016
8.0

The hostel is very central which is fantastic. It does need some updating of facilities and cups etc, but for myself travelling alone its was a lovely place. For some it maybe difficult as there are several floors to climb, but the dorm I was in had a nice balcony out over the street outside. Everyone I met there were really friendly as was Ilan himself and helpful. Next time I'm in Malaga I would Stay again knowing there would be a very comfortable bed there. Thankyou.

• USA, Mixed Group, 31-40
5th Dec 2016
4.6

Do yourself a favor a spend the extra 10 euros on a normal hostel. You can barely even call this place a hostel. It is located in a rundown dirty apartment building. The whole apartment smells like cigarettes and there is absolutely no hostel atmosphere. Coming from a broke traveler, I recommend you spend the extra money. No lockers either. Spotty wifi.

• Ireland, Female, 41+
4th Dec 2016

Great value for money! Great location, very helpful host and comfy beds. It's not fancy but it has everything a budget traveller needs and it's right in the heart of Malaga. It's not a party hostel but there are great bars and restaurants just a few minutes away. Highly recommended.