Imperial Courtyard Reviews

No.16 Huanyuan Dongxiang, Andingmen Xijie, Beijing, China

The hostel is close enough to the subway, and close to a really cool restaurant street called WuDaoLing (I think). The staff were helpful. When I wanted to order dinner they didn't have any stock, they then directed me to the above mentioned street. Breakfast was very good though (and free!).

The staff was friendly but only one girl could speak English. Please do not plan on eating breakfast there. The food was always cold and the eggs horrible. I think the cheff makes all the eggs first, put it on the side and then cooks whatever is ordered one by one. One evening we decided to eat in, and they had nothing that was on the menu. The atmosphere was very cosy and Chinese style, but the bedrooms are very small. Like in REALLY small!

• 31st Mar 2014