In A Box Hostel Reviews

55/39 Soi Kolit, Phayathai Road, Rachathewi, Bangkok, Thailand

My friends and I loved the overall theme and decor of the hostel. It was so inviting and warm and it made us felt very welcomed. The location is excellent and is located just 2 mins away from the BTS station . Our only issue was that the steps were rather steep and difficult to climb up, so it was slightly dangerous when we were climbing now the stairs with our luggages. Other than that, I would most certainly be back here the next time!

• 26th May 2015
  • Singapore

I loved my stay at In A Box Hostel. The hostel was located 2 steps from the MTR, which was very convenient. The rooms were very clean and modern, the WiFi was good, and they provided a small breakfast each morning. Couldn't have asked for a better stay!

Easy accessable fröm both aiports with public transport. Clean and friendly. As for a solo traveller quiet boring because its quiet a small hostel no interaction with other tavelers. Staff doesnt speak enough english to give you tips ir able to aswer specific questions.

Located steps from the Phaya Thai stop on the BTS and the City Line station which goes to the airport for a mere 45 bhat. It's only 3 stops from the Sala Daeng station (near Lumphini Park) where you can find some active night-life. I would stay away from the Khaosan and Soi Cowboy areas which are infested with unclean backpackers! Rooms are modern and this hostel has some of the best bathrooms of any hostel I've stayed at. Small but nicely stocked kitchen with refrigerator. Great staff too.

Really nice hostel, very central, great showers and bed.

Wifi works perfectly, AC doesn't work really

Super clean, very weel design/decorated. The AC was perfect - no sound and cooled the dorm perfectly. The localtion is perfect for taking the rail link to the Suvarnabhumi airport but it is not the most central for turist places or nightlife.

One of the quietest hostels I've stayed in. Also very clean. Loved it! The only downside is that it is situated at the end of a quiet small alley, but generally not unsafe. Would be happy to stay here again. Ps: try the noodles at the nearby noodle stall (it was so good I went back twice).

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

It's really beautiful and right by the BTS that is super convenient, but there isn't much of an atmosphere. If you're looking for a party hostel, this isn't it. We emailed them to say we'll be arriving late, but there was no one there upon check in, which was quite a mission. Also, when I left the next day and being somewhere else, I realized they hadn't returned my passport, so had to go all the way back and all stressed out.

Very clean hostel. It felt very chic. Each bunk came with it's own electrical socket, light, and shelf. The bathrooms were clean and modern. One even had a cool sliding door to a tiny garden through the shower. Best part for me was the proximity to the BTS and airport sky train. The neighborhood itself wasn't my favorite, but there was some great street food and a post office very close by. But, with a BTS pass, it was great. Little kitchen facility was lovely, staff was kind, AC was perfect.

In a box is situated just a short walk from the Phayathai BTS trainlink from BKK airport, signs to find the place arnt the best but once I arrived I wasn't disappointed! Very relaxing atmosphere, helpful staff and OCD cleanliness only added to the stay. Beds are very comfortable and the shower is maybe the best I've EVER had. Stayed on my first 2 nights here in Thailand only to return 2 days later to escape the nightlife and noise of Khao San road. Won't be surprised if I'm back here again!

• 6th Mar 2015

Everything was great! Only wish they had bigger and brighter signs advertising themselves. Walked by the alley to turn down once because I missed the sign and walked by the place itself 3 times because I couldn't find the sign! Couldn't imagine trying to locate in the dark. Otherwise everything was great! Clean, friendly, stylish

I arrived late at night and had trouble finding the hostel from the BTS stop, but the receptionist, Neem, came out and found me on the street and showed me the way. All of the staff is super friendly and helpful, the beds are ridiculously comfortable, and the showers are AMAZING.

Excellent hostel! More like a hotel. Only stayed for one night as needed to be near airport rail link but I would definitely stay again. The room was huge, the bed super comfy with a lovely blanket, the bathroom was amazing even had a rain shower and there was free tea/coffee and snacks. Excellent wifi as well!

Wow! This place relaxes you as soon as you step in the door. A welcome relief after a hectic day in Bangkok. Wifi, air conditioning, large spacious comfy beds with individual lights, big lockers and the showers are amazing. Stay here!

I absolutely loved this hostel. It has a very modern feel to the hostel and it is very easy to get to by public transit. If you have to take a taxi here, your driver will most likely have a problem finding it. Make sure to get the address in Thai to show the cab driver - most will not recognize it in English. It was an amazing place to stay especially for the price. I didn't really use the common areas, but overall everyone was very nice in my dorm. Staff is great.

• 21st Feb 2015

A great place to stay. It is calm and clean. The staff is very helpful and friendly.

• 21st Feb 2015

It's my ideal hostel. Not a big hostel and in a quiet area .Very Close to the BTS station, comfy bed, laidback atmosphere and nice staff who are willing to help you with anything. I love here!

• 4th Feb 2015
  • Taiwan

Staff was brilliant, so attentive and helpful! The hostel had loads of info, free breakfast and tea and coffee was lovely! Wifi was amazing! Free computer to use! Big comfey beds! Perfect area for the silom/Siam area! Definatly stay again

Awesome hostel if you need a place to stay coming/going to the BKK airport, literally right off the airport link line. The social atmosphere is nonexistent, but it's very clean, comfortable and staff is friendly