In Da Lodge Reviews

jalan Raya ubud, kampung sari, Ubud, Indonesia

Great spot, 2 bars, a pool and lots of places to chill out. The rooms aren't very secure, but they have lockers for rent. They staff was helpful and friendly. Great little spot in Ubud with like a 5 minute walk into the main town area

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in, staff are great, the social areas are fab and it is so cheap! Would 100% recommend it to anyone staying in ubud 😄

The location is perfect walking distance from food, shops, the monkey forest. The food at the hostel is cheap and good. They charge you 10,000 rp for a large water bottle which is kind of annoying because you can get it for as little as 4,000rp a 5 min walk away. The fans in the large dorm keep it cool enough for sleeping but the bunk beds are shaky. Outside food is only permitted in the rooms which is not ideal if you like to eat your own breakfast or bring in take out food.

You are only allowed to eat or drink stuff bought in the hostel. They charge for hot water. The fun police turn the lights out at 12. The 6 bed dorm is connected to a 24 and another 6 bed dorm so really it's a 36 bed dorm. Expensive. The pool is like a swamp. Bathrooms dirty. Besides that lovely place.

Stay was okay for a few days. Not much atmosphere. Watch out for the fun police! Booked a 6 person dorm but it was inside the 24 person dorm so no privacy, security and people kept using our bathroom

Lovely pool and chill out area. Cheap enough for backpackers. Security is unnecessarily tights and bar shuts at 12 all lights out at 1. Shouldn't be advertised as a backpacker hostel if it's lights out and no talking at 1am. People are there to socialise. If you are there to relax then perfect

This was a great hostel to meet people! They had good food, drinks and plenty of places to chill. Plus they organise a lot of activities so you always have something to do. The staff isn't overly friendly but it doesn't really matter because the hostel itself is awesome. Definitely recommend!

Quite possibly the nicest hostel I have ever stayed at. The facilities are on point and very comfortable. Great lounge areas and good vibes. Only complaint is the midnight curfew but I totally understand... it's not a party hostel. I would highly recommend staying here. Very easy place to meet people!

Beautiful little spot in great location. I will share the sentiment of another traveler--- perhaps too nice? Hard to leave.

It would be nice if it was discouraged to sit next to rooms if people want to stay up and talk, considering there are so many other areas. I was in the large dorm and had people outside talking to 2am despite people from the room asking them to quieten down

Great hostel, stayed there twice cause I had to return to Ubud and ended up extending my stay both times. It's a bit annoying that the staff will write you a receipe for everything though... If you hang out at the pool during the evening and have some beers, for every beer they write you a receipe. Water in the pool sometimes tasted funny, so keep it out of mouth and eyes

Great hostel and great authentic Balinese feel. In a good location for the markets and not too far from the monkey sanctuary! I would definitely recommend to other travellers. If you can, ask for a downstairs room as the wifi doesn't really reach upstairs and we had to keep coming down to the bar for wifi access.

The best hostel for relaxation. A chill section by the pool where drinking is a little more lively, and another chill section where all you want to do is read a book, have a good conversation and relax. Close to everything in Ubud. No A/C in the dorms, but everything else is fantastic, that you don't really care. An incredible hostel!

Overall had a really good stay here, a really beautiful complex with great common spaces but the value for the rooms and bathrooms is a bit expensive for what you get. Staff are all super friendly and always willing to chat (Kadet and Ratna are the best!) (:

Maybe a little too nice?

This hostel was great, the stafff was so nice and the restaurant had good food. I was sick during my stay here, so I was not very social, but this hostel is a very social place. I was trying to get som help finding a hospital nearby to go to, and the staff was very helpful and one of the girls from the reception even drove me herself and waited with me at the hospital, she was super nice! I would definitely stay here the next time I'm in Ubud!

Would be better if we'd be introduced to other guests in the dorm. Or be informed if someone will have their things put into our room. Like this couple who walked in while we were sleeping and just fixing their stuff in the storage/locker room .

• 19th Oct 2015
  • Philippines

The bathroom was my least favourite part of the stay. Kind of scummy as large room with small drainage but not bad in comparison to many others in Bali. Really cool vibes and chill out areas! Love the pool and bar! Good wifi service also. All staff nice, reception sometimes slow to serve. Great for bike rentals and shuttle bus bookings. Close to town!

The hostel had a huge beautiful compound with a pool, multiple bars and plenty of places to sit including hammocks. The staff were helpful and easy to find. The rooms and bathroom were clean and the bathroom specifically was spacious. The hostel is well designed to meet people and just hang out, I'd definitely stay here again.

Check in from 1pm but despite arriving at 2pm, had to wait til 5pm to get into our room as it was being 'cleaned'. Initial private room was nice with hot water and great value, but after 2 nights we changed to the family room and it was TERRIBLE. No hot water, really old bathroom with broken flush, dirty, not at all what we'd been sold on the bed layout and big holes in the walls which let in mosquitos. That being said, the hostel has a really nice atmosphere and would recommend if double room

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6