In Da Lodge Reviews

jalan Raya ubud, kampung sari, Ubud, Indonesia

This was one of our favorite hostels on the trip. However, if you come from a tropical climate you may need more than a sheet to keep warm at night.

There was a very nice lounge area, good atmosphere and it was nice you could order food and drinks at the bar. The bed i stayed in in the dorm was pretty basic, but ok. The location is very nice, close to monkey forest rd. and the palace, only 5 min walk to the market. I would definitely stay here again because of the nice atmophere and good lounge area :)

• 9th Jul 2014

Awesome lounge ideal for socialising, friendly staff, good food, but poor facilities (bathrooms mainly). However, you get what you can expect for this kind of money.

The only good point was that the bunk bed was comfy but the light above my bed wasn't working. There is constantly loud music outside at the bar/sitting area which you can hear inside your room till about 12pm , no lockers in the rooms, rooms can not be locked as well, bathroom wasn't cleaned proper, they even painted (unannounced) the bathroom during the day so our room was filled with a terrible smell + we couldn't use the bathroom because paint was all over the floor. It was terrible!

Location is up a small hill and down a lane at end of main street, meaning it is close to the action, but still quiet. Lounge area was very nice. Facilitated great social interaction. Onsite restaurant was good quality and reasonable price. I was in downstairs room near lounge. Bed was comfortable. Tours and rentals available, though there are cheaper options in town.

Best hostel I've ever been too!! comfortable beds, clean area, good food and friendly staff!

In Da Lodge is a great place to stay in Ubud. The room is quite nice and there is a great atmosphere. I met many backpackers there and could talk easily to people. Breakfast and food is in general quite nice. The place is very central and there are many restaurants around and is easily accessible. I would really advice this hostel for Ubud.

The place is really nice. Nice garden and big place to chill out and meet other backpackers. The restaurant offers decent food. Also the location is perfect. It's on the main road in Ubud. The bathrooms were not that clean.

• 29th Jun 2014

The best place to meet people! Social area is very chill. Bathrooms could use an update

Another beautiful hostel option for a reasonable price. Building is nice, old Indonesian style, with nice open lounge. A little difficult to find, but once you know where it is it's a short walk to main intersection of Ubud. Rooms were clean, hot water was a little tempermental. Overall a great place to stay.

Initially put up in the upstairs dorm room which had no mosquito nets on windows/vents, top bunk was too close to the beams which were covered in cobwebs, the bathroom flooded everytime anyone had a shower, no lockers, just tiny locker downstairs just big enough for small valuables. And my top bunk had bed bugs. When I told the staff they had no idea what I was talking about and moved me to the downstairs dorm and just put someone else in that bed. Can't speak for other rooms but not great.

Toilets aren't the best, and the lockers are away from the bedrooms which is annoying. The WiFi was down almost every single day that I stayed here, happy mango tree is better for that, but still has wobbly beds. Its actually the same price to stay at a guesthouse here, so if you want a recent sleep maybe a good option would be to go there. Saying that, then hostel is beautiful and a good way to meet people.

This is a lovely, pretty hostel with good atmosphere and friendly helpful staff. The rooms were clean and comfortable, there is a nice communal area and the food was good. They have lockers and a give you a towel that only require a deposit no payment. Don't be put off by other reviews I would def stay there again.

• 26th May 2014

Great stay. Staff and owners incredibly friendly. Chill out area is the best I've seen in a hostel and made some amazing friends. Will be staying again when back on Bali!

Very nice place in Ubud. Had a family room with 2 friends and it was amazing. Had our own little mansion with 2 floors and our own balcony, and the location is right in the centre of ubud. Breakfast in the hostel was very nice and everything was on walking distance. The staff was very friendly, although most of them hardly spoke english. Not the kind of hostel to stay in during the day, but there's enough to see and do in Ubud!

• 21st May 2014

A very social hostel, great for meeting friendly fellow travellers; however, it's dirty! I found rat feces on my bed (top bunk) and two girls woke up to rats in their bunks/around their heads a few weeks apart. The staff didn't seem to understand why we were uncomfortable with the rat issue.

• 8th May 2014

Very clean and pleasant place to stay! Met lots of lovely people as there is always someone in the common lounge area! Really nice atmosphere :)

Great hostel. Friendly staff, clean rooms, they even make your bed for you every day. And they can arrange basically everything you need. Is a little bit of a walk to get to some areas, but not bad at all. I loved the excersise.

Really beautiful and chilled out place with great atmosphere and common bar area. Beautiful gardens and a lot of green and plants everywhere. When I first walked in my reaction was "wwwwooooowww... Wow! " I didn't buy any of the food there but the ones that did said it was pretty good. The hostel s tucked away on a side street at the top on a little hill. Really close to stores, temples, shops and food. I'd would definitely stay here again!

Great atmosphere in the lovely seating area outside. Staff were very friendly and halpful (and giggly). Location is very good too. Don't order food if you're in a rush as it tends to take a while, but rhe food utself is pretty tasty. I would definitely return here, beautiful place.

« first « Prev 1 2 3