In Da Lodge Reviews

jalan Raya ubud, kampung sari, Ubud, Indonesia

Great location, great common area, was really easy to meet people. Felt safe, although it would have been really easy for someone to come into the hostel and take things without being noticed. Loved the hammocks!

I stayed for 3 nights, but was unexpectantly moved rooms after my first night. It's a good place to meet people and they have a bar/cafe. However I was concerned about the cleanliness of my sheets, but luckily I had my own sleeping liner. Cheap place to stay though for solo traveller.

Really a fantastic place for solo travellers. Great atmosphere for meeting place! The staff is definitely young as it has been mentioned in many of the reviews but seriously, they're great. Both the dorms and the family rooms are clean and spacious. Great value for money. (And the food is really delicious!)

For around 5 pounds a night this is great value for money. Staff were very helpful and the bathrooms were cleaned daily.. Some of the best banana pancakes i've ever had!

This hostel is in a great location a bit away from the mad pace of the monkey forest area. The staff are all young and very helpful and friendly, the food is excellent value for money. The hostel has an attractive courtyard with several hammocks and a great chill out lounge area. I felt that the overall vibe was really friendly and casual. There were some fleas from all the dogs and cats that wander around the streets, but I guess that is just the nature of Ubud. I was very happy with my room.

• 30th Sep 2014

I booked on hostelworld. But when I came at the hostel, it was full. I had to go to the Happy Mango Tree (same owner).

Great hostel, friendly staff, relaxing atmosphere and very close to all the sights in amazing Ubud.

Really nice and laid back spot. Cool bar and restaurant and lots of hammocks and benches to relax on.

I loved this hostel! The common area is just so chilled I could stay there the entire day. The staff is helpful and super kind, the room is cleaned regularly and there's a nice closet where you can put you luggage. I would definitely recommend and if I could I would have stayed longer.

I stayed 5 nights at In Da Lodge and I really enjoyed it. The people were great and the lounge area is very nice. They have a small Restaurant but the food is good and cheap. The rooms and bathrooms could be cleaner but it was still ok. The area is calm and you always can relax in a hammock.

• 17th Sep 2014

Only problem is that the dorms dont have locks and the lockers are only big enough for small hand bags. Everything else was great!

Like the other review said, this place is ran by teenagers but I found a lot of hotels n hostels are The main problem I had was with their cleaning crew and loud music late and early in the am. It took 4 teens to clean the place and it spanned out over 3 hours. Most places have 2 and it takes a few minutes. The kids take that opportunity to talk to one another and seem interested in what the guests might have left behind. I asked them to stop talking cuz it was 8 am and they don't speak EngI

Staff were sooo nice! They were lovely and great customer skills! The atmosphere was so chilled and I really enjoyed sitting there at night! I would definately stay here again !

• 8th Sep 2014

Love all the open space to lounge and meet people, or just lounge. Especially the hammocks. No complaints here, it was amazing

Can't lock the room from the inside. Quite a long walk to the Monkey forest. Really nice setting and atmosphere. Loud cockerels in the morning!

Great location. Great staff. Hot water. Free breakfast. Employees are very helpful. The bathrooms were a bit gross but the good outweighes the bad.

Seems like they try to trick guests into paying extra, so make sure to check the receipt before you sign it! They tried to charge us for a bed twice and apparently it happened to other guests as well. The hostel seems to be run by teenage kids. The bathroom sink in our dorm had not been cleaned for ages, clogged and disgusting! When staff was notified of this, they did nothing. Bunks are super squeaky and unstable, water pressure in the shower was absolutely NONE, just dripping, and cold.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Sweden

Really friendly helpful staff I definitely felt very looked after! Great chill out spot, good food, comfy beds. Would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone. Blankets on bed would have been good as it got cold at night.

• 31st Aug 2014

Booked for 3 nights and came back to the room on the third night only to realize that they removed all my stuff and gave my bed to a girl. Since I could not reach the staff, I ended up having to sleep outside in a hammock. They almost refused to refund me the money for the night when I talked to them the next morning. They did not try to do anything to make it up. Very unprofessional staff and I will not be staying there again.

• 30th Aug 2014

Loved my stay at In Da Lodge, it is very good value. Hostel has a lot if character and really suits Ubud. For what I paid, I got great value, clean basic dorm and helpful staff. Only problem was I wish the lockers were in the dorm, didn't feel that safe having your valuables far away from you, also there was no lock on the dorm room. Other that that I can't fault this hostel!

« first « Prev 1 2 3