In Old Shoes Reviews

Brankova 18, Belgrade, Serbia

Phil is such a warm friendly guy and we cannot recommend his hostel enough. The conditions in the room were great, location was perfect and Phil gave us invaluable tips about where to hang, what to see, what to eat. We are very happy with our choice of hostel!

• 25th Nov 2015
  • Bulgaria

If you're in Belgrade, you must choose this hostel. Phil is incredibly friendly and welcoming. He is insightful and can assist you with planning the perfect time in Belgrade! The location is perfect, beds are comfortable and showers are hot and clean. Breakfast of toast and cereals is provided - even Vegemite for any homesick Aussies! It's great value for money, I will definitely be returning!

Staff were so nice and friendly, they had toast, cereals, tea and coffee available all day. A great home feel, with a small room with a tv where you can watch movies and chill out. The curtains on the bed were great! Got given a locker with a key. Because I stayed three nights, I was offered a free load of washing where staff did everything for you. Bathrooms were nice. Great location. Extra blankets are offered if it's too cold. Definitely staying here again!

One of the best hostels I've ever been. :)

Top notch hostel! One of my favorites I've ever stayed at. If you're heading through Belgrade this is the place to stay. Phil is very accommodating and a great host. I would definitely stay again.

Phil and his team were lovely. I was only there for 17 hours (I had a stopover on my flight and didnt want to sleep at the airport) but he was really welcoming. The beds were comfy and I loved the privacy curtains in the bunks. We didn't get to see much of Belgrade but Phil told us the best way to see as many highlights as we could during our short stay.

Awesome staff, felt very safe and welcomed, really clean and good facilities! Thanks guys!

Great small hostel in Belgrade. Perfect location close to the river. Phil is a legend and extremely helpful. Highly recommend!

Thanks for having me Phil, had a great time.

• 17th Sep 2015

Loved staying there though it was just one night. The owner is one of the best for treating guests! I was very impressed by the careful consideration given to each individual. Recommendations were fabulous! Thanks for looking after my luggage till late. Definitely recommend if you want to stay in a place where you're treated like a guest & not as a number.

Phil, hostelin Avusturalya'li muduru.. Mudurden cok bir abi gibi kendisi.. Sirf onun ile muhabbet icin bile gidilir bu hostele.. Hicbir eksigi olmayan, ev hissiyati veren bir hostel.. Party arayanlar icin uygun biryer degil..

I loved my stay at this hostel. There wasn't many people, but Phil the owner did everything he could To make it social. The facilities are great, beds are comfortable, air conditioning in the room. If you train is later on the day of your checkout he lets you chill at the hostel. Free washing if you stay more than 3 night is a great bonus! Breakfast is very standard, could be better. Over all is very good hostel and I would definitely stay again!

Nice and clean hostel in a central location. Friendly staff, not too busy at the end of august. Thumbs up!

Nice, cosy hostel.

The hostel was in a great location. The owner and staff were really friendly and gave us tips on what to do and where to go. There was a really social atmosphere which was encouraged by the owner. During our stay he directed a group of us, who had met in the hostel, to the annual beer festival. Excellent hostel all round.

Great stay, comfortable atmosphere, friendly staff. I mentioned I was thinking about taking a bike ride through the Balkans, and the owner personally took me through the city to acquire everything I needed, bike included. This is the type of place that makes me want to Hostel. Ps it's in an excellent, central location.

It was one of the BEST I have stayed in. The staff go out of the way for every guest, advise you to go to the right places for food, entertainment, site seeing. The hostel is very centrally located to Old Belgrade and everything I wanted to see was walking distance including the bus station. The hostel itself is homely and well kept, but given no curfew and 24 hour reception it was perfect for partying. Amazing experience, and Phil (owner) is a top bloke doing the right thing for travellers.

• 19th Aug 2015

Phil and his staff are excellent. Belgrade was amazing, and if I end up going back, I'll definitely look to stay here first. Phil showed a group of us a fun, cheap restaurant and I had a great time. I totally recommend this place.

• 18th Aug 2015

Very familiar atmosphere with lovely stuff! Me and my brother stayed three days and two nights in this hostel and we would love to come back again!

This is a very cute hostel! The staff was so friendly and helpful. It is a small hostel with two bathrooms, so you would never have to wait. Breakfast was good. We really enjoyend our stay.