In Old Shoes Reviews

Brankova 18, Belgrade, Serbia

Nice and clean hostel in a central location. Friendly staff, not too busy at the end of august. Thumbs up!

Nice, cosy hostel.

The hostel was in a great location. The owner and staff were really friendly and gave us tips on what to do and where to go. There was a really social atmosphere which was encouraged by the owner. During our stay he directed a group of us, who had met in the hostel, to the annual beer festival. Excellent hostel all round.

It was one of the BEST I have stayed in. The staff go out of the way for every guest, advise you to go to the right places for food, entertainment, site seeing. The hostel is very centrally located to Old Belgrade and everything I wanted to see was walking distance including the bus station. The hostel itself is homely and well kept, but given no curfew and 24 hour reception it was perfect for partying. Amazing experience, and Phil (owner) is a top bloke doing the right thing for travellers.

• 19th Aug 2015

Very familiar atmosphere with lovely stuff! Me and my brother stayed three days and two nights in this hostel and we would love to come back again!

This is a very cute hostel! The staff was so friendly and helpful. It is a small hostel with two bathrooms, so you would never have to wait. Breakfast was good. We really enjoyend our stay.

We only stayed here for one night but we were welcomed very friendly with a cup of tea and coffee. Also the owner of this hostel was very open minded and gave us a lot of tips where to go and what to do. Its a small hostel but therefore its very cozy. We should have stayed longer! I can really recommend this hostel!

• 16th Aug 2015

I had a great time at In Old Shoes. Felt very welcoming from the moment I entered and the staff were very helpful. Great value for money! Do not look anywhere else! Stay here for a great time in Belgrade! :)

Phil is a top bloke and the hostel was perfect for my stay in Belgrade. Also he has vegemite !!!!

A massive thank you to Phil and his staff for their warm welcome and all the advice and tips on things to do that we're given to us (Particularly on the food side of things!). As it's a small hostel there was a homely and friendly atmosphere to the place too. The beds were comfy and everyone had a locker each, plus the air conditioning was brilliant and definitely needed! Overall we had a great stay here and couldn't have asked for more. Thanks again :)

I really enjoyed my 5-day stay at In Old Shoes hostel. The staff was great. They really cared and helped me to find locations and information concerning town and country. When for 2 days I was sick with a stomach-infection and couldn't travel on, sympathetic and practical support by hostel owner Phil and his staff helped a lot to keep up spirits. Thanks!!!

• 3rd Aug 2015

Many thanks to the local staff who shared their love for Serbia and Belgrade with us through the providing of directions, recommendations, and above all, quality conversations about their unique culture and the heartbreak of politics.

• 30th Jul 2015
  • Lebanon

There are many hostels in the city. How can one choose from this variety? Here are the advantages of Old Shoes hostel: 1. The staff. Friendly and resourceful they will help you with everything you will ask for. They will help you to travel the city in the easiest and less expensive way you can. 2. The hostel is clean and quite and the beds are comfortable and convenient. 3. The location is great! 4. Great value for money!

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Israel

I'd go out of my way to stay in Old Shoes again. For me, the hostel is a destination in itself, and one of the best things you can do in Belgrade. My first day here I got sick and needed to go to hospital. One of the Angels from the hostel staff went with me to hospital and stayed with me as I received treatment. Phil from the hostel regularly takes his guests out to the best bars, restaurants, and sights in town. Will definitely be coming back. Much love guys.

• 27th Jul 2015

Great location and great staff. Loved the A/C in the dorm room which you're able to control with the remote in the room. Liked how they gave you keys to the building and hostel door so that you can go in and out without bothering anyone. Lower beds have curtains and plenty of sockets in the room.

Great location, great staff! i wish I had more time there. Its a small hostel but not overcrowded, good for short or longer stays.

I really can't think of anything wrong with this hostel. The staff were lovely, the location was great (next to knez mihailova - the main pedestrian street and the zeleni venac buses), they had a cute kitchen area and had breakfast options. It's on the second floor, so be aware, though there is an elevator we just couldn't figure out how to make it work. (It didn't really bother us though!)

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. When I arrived the staff offered me something to eat right away. When I was looking for accommodations the owner Phil was very helpful and suggested an itinerary I ended up doing. They even requested a reasonably-priced mini van to make my trip to Sarajevo more convenient. On my departure, Phil even accompanied me downstairs to ensure that I get on the mini van. I felt staying at an old friend more than a hostel. I highly recommend this hostel!

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Philippines

Great hostel, next to the city center and perfectly accesible from the airport with bus line 72. Staff very friendly and useful, they gave me a lot of information of what to see and where to party, and even Phil (the owner) took me and other guests partying one night and sightseeing another nigth. Nice beds, air conditioning and good breakfast included. You can also use the computer if you want, and not slow Wi-Fi. 100% recomended, definetely I would stay there if I come back again to Belgrade.

I will really recommend this place! The staff is so nice and helpful. The place is clean and has all the things that you would need. And the location is within walking distance to almost all the major sight and city center.