In Old Shoes Reviews

Brankova 18, Belgrade, Serbia

It's the fourth time I've been here and it just gets better every time! It's not a party hostel, and this is a major selling point. You will definitely get some sleep! The owner and staff will do everything to help you . If you want a small and cosy place where you can easily get to know everyone,and that has everything you need, come here. Great showers, continental breakfast included, air-conditioning as well!

We had a fantastic time at In Old Shoes. Phil takes really care of his guests, we felt very welcome. Thanks to his recommendations we had it never boring. It is a nice place, the absolute opposite of an huge anonymous hotel. The location is very central, we could walk everywhere and even during the night we never felt concerned about walking in this area. Huge thanks to the staff!

Our experience in Belgrade has been amazing, even better than our expectations. It's an interesting city with an undisclosed rich night life, in spite of the low season. A special thank to Phil, the owner/manager of the hostel. He gave us immediately lots of suggestions about the city and the places to go. We had also a big night together on Saturday night during the Belgrade pub crawl... We can't forget it. So we highly recommend backpackers to come here to spend their Belgrade journey!!!

Fantastic hostel, having visited plenty of hostels around the world I was a bit sceptical about the strong reviews here. But exceeded my expectations. Phil was very helpful - great to have a native English speaker with local knowledge. Big thanks as well as we left at 4am and Phil was around to book a taxi for us! WIll definitely stay again if I go back. Belgrade is a hidden gem.

I very much enjoyed my recent stay at In Old Shoes. The staff is very pleasant and helpful with ideas for your stay in Belgrade . The location is very close to the train station and near one of the main squares (which was a big plus for me). There are security lockers, computer/internet access, free wifi, towels, and simple breakfast included. There is not much more that a budget-conscious traveler can ask for! If I ever go back to Belgrade I will definitely stay here.

• 5th Nov 2013

Phil, who stays at front desk is a really nice, kind and friendly person. He helped us for everything, even he arranged a minibus to Sarajevo for us. Great Australian! But it had better to spek a litle bit slower. Cause he speaks really fast :)

Everything is very clean and tidy and it is well located, in the center of the city of Belgrade and close to most of the attractions, the staff are very helpful, there is free wifi, a common computer, common kitchen, common tv and some items in the kitchen are free a well, like some things for breakfast. There is a little outdoor balcony and 2 bathrooms, one of them with shower. That may seem a little, but the hostel is small and does not host so many people, so it is fine.

• 1st Nov 2013

A good hostel with kind staff. Well cleaned. Near the bus terminal to the airport.

It was a good hostel. Location is so good. Staff is too friendly and helpfull. Only problem is they don't accept credit card.

• 25th Oct 2013
  • Turkey

A fantastic hostel ran by Phil, who is super friendly and helpful. He helped me navigate the city and gave me very good advice about my itinerary and great suggestions on food/bars/restaurants. The location is just minutes away from the main train station and close to the city center. Phil is the man!

• 25th Oct 2013

After 3 months of backpacking I've never felt obliged to write a review for a hostel however the lengths that Phil the manager went to ensure that we got the maximum out of our stay was unprecedented in my journey. The hostel itself is top notch, it's ridiculously close to the main tourist areas, it's got great bathrooms, large bag lockers (comfortably fits 70L backpacks), decent kitchen, in house laundry service, a good common room, and VERY clean. Put simply, this place has everything you need