In The Wind Hostel & Guesthouse

Fabulous 415 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 415 Total Reviews

15th Feb 2017

In the Wind was a lovely place to stay while we were in San Jose for the night. It was clean, and the atmosphere was inviting. The staff were friendly and helpful when we had questions. Breakfast was included with our stay. Overall, my boyfriend and I had a good experience .

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
11th Feb 2017
7.1

The staff is friendly but they don't know to much about what to do. The area is calm but it takes half an hour by bus to get downtown. The room was clean and the common areas too. There's a nice table to eat outside and hammocks to chill out. The ambiance is very very calm and laid back which is nice when you don't want to be in a party Hostel.

Thanks for the review. We actually know pretty well what to do in the area. Thing is you asked to go hiking at 9am...and there are not much hiking posibiities in the area. Still less if you didnt plan it. For most options you need to get up early or have a car.

8th Feb 2017
8.0

Hostel is okay to lay your head for one night. Nothing too great and nothing too bad. The building seems pretty old. The staff was nice. I booked a dorm, but it was full so they gave me a private room which was cool. Breakfast and coffee were good!

23rd Jan 2017

What a wonderful hostel! The first thing I felt when I arrived was a home sweet home feeling. The staff was very friendly and super helpful when I needed help to find how to get to my destinations. The place was very clean and I liked how every room has it's own personality. It is well located in the safe student neighborhood of san pedro with banks, restaurants, supermarkets and bars nearby. It's one of the nicest hostels i've seen! Go there if you have the chance!

18th Jan 2017

We only stayed here for a night but it was a great experience! The staff was very helpful in checking us in, telling us about the hostel facilities, and giving us the local bus schedule. The room was nice and the free breakfast was delicious!!

4th Jan 2017
6.0

Really disappointed in this hostel. I do not recommend to stay. No blankets are provided, just a thin top sheet. I asked the front desk 2 times for information on tours (they have signs advertising that they will help you book tours) but the front desk guy said that he would have to look in a book and acted like it was a lot of trouble

• Ukraine, Male, 18-24
9th Dec 2016
2.0

Not good hostel. Very judgmental employees. Makes dsrespectful comments on everything. Lack of customer service also. Owner tried to cheat me out of my money. Bed sheets would not fit on bed. I regret ever staying here. Did not appreciate how I was treated here. Will never come back!

10th Nov 2016
7.4

Situated near the university, short ride to the downtown, a work in progress. I think it will one day be beautiful however today is missing details. A great value and a friendly, hardworking staff. I slept so well.

• Poland, Couple, 25-30
5th Nov 2016
5.4

Not at all great. The private room with bathroom was dirty and the whole place could use a clean up to be honest. It was quite cold in the night and the blankets provided were insufficient. The guy working there was nice enough but the hostel is generally a tad off. Would avoid.

• Belgium, Male, 25-30
29th Oct 2016

A very agreable stay! Safe, clean and an awesome staff! A bit far from the center of the city, but close to an university campus, so you have all you can need close by... Would stay again!