In The Wind Hostel & Guesthouse Reviews

Avenida 4,100 metros oeste Escuela de la Roosevelt, San Pedro, San Jose, Costa Rica

Facilities were nice, warm water, outlets, everything was in working order. The staff seemed a little disorganized when we arrived, but nothing serious, and they were very helping in arraigning an early morning cab to take me to the airport. The only downside is that the location is very inconvenient, you will most likely have to take a taxi which gets pricey. There also isn't much going on in this area.

Very friendly and helpful staff :) Thank you guys for all your help!

Excellent and friendly new owner

• 18th Nov 2015
  • New Zealand

I'm very happy that I've been to this hostel. Not only about the quality but also about the very good time I had there and the amazing people I met. 100% for that!!!

New owner and new name apparently.. Place definitely looked like it just had a makeover. Clean facilities, which is always very important to me. Pretty good location as Downtown SJ was just a short bus ride away (busses are really cheap). And the local bar/club scene is walking distance, literally like 4 blocks away.. So yeah, overall just a safe, clean location with a super chill atmosphere

• 19th Sep 2015

I stayed here a couple years ago when it was a different hostel and had a godd time, but I have to say the changes that the new owner has made, freshly painted, very clean, new staff, has really brightened up the place. Very friendly staff and great place to stay. I will definitely come back!

• 18th Sep 2015

Easily the shadiest hostel I've ever been to. The garage is the hangout for the local kids. There were a few older men who apparently work/clean there that were up all night going to and from each others rooms....looked suspicious. One of their rooms was right next to ours and had the TV blaring all night. Decent part of town but I def wouldn't stay here again.

I am sorry you had a bad experience at the hostel. I am the owner and unfortunately I was away for an extended period of time and "when the cat's away..." The owner will now be here permanently to ensure future guests have a better experience. Once again, I am sorry.