In The Wind Hostel & Guesthouse

8.7
Fabulous 434 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 25-30
12th May 2017

Charming little hostel, helpful staff.

6th Apr 2017

The hostel was perfectly nice. It was a bit further east than I would have liked, so you do have to jaunt a bit to get back towards the fun things to do. But it was comfortable. There's plenty of kitchen space. I wasn't there much, so didn't get a chance to meet any people here.

19th Mar 2017

I've stayed at in the wind several times and always feel welcomed! The staff is very helpful and friendly. The pancakes for breakfast are made with love and there are always wonderful guests! It's also very clean and cutely decorated. Feels like home. Great location!

15th Feb 2017

In the Wind was a lovely place to stay while we were in San Jose for the night. It was clean, and the atmosphere was inviting. The staff were friendly and helpful when we had questions. Breakfast was included with our stay. Overall, my boyfriend and I had a good experience .

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
11th Feb 2017
7.1

The staff is friendly but they don't know to much about what to do. The area is calm but it takes half an hour by bus to get downtown. The room was clean and the common areas too. There's a nice table to eat outside and hammocks to chill out. The ambiance is very very calm and laid back which is nice when you don't want to be in a party Hostel.

Thanks for the review. We actually know pretty well what to do in the area. Thing is you asked to go hiking at 9am...and there are not much hiking posibiities in the area. Still less if you didnt plan it. For most options you need to get up early or have a car.

8th Feb 2017
8.0

Hostel is okay to lay your head for one night. Nothing too great and nothing too bad. The building seems pretty old. The staff was nice. I booked a dorm, but it was full so they gave me a private room which was cool. Breakfast and coffee were good!

23rd Jan 2017

What a wonderful hostel! The first thing I felt when I arrived was a home sweet home feeling. The staff was very friendly and super helpful when I needed help to find how to get to my destinations. The place was very clean and I liked how every room has it's own personality. It is well located in the safe student neighborhood of san pedro with banks, restaurants, supermarkets and bars nearby. It's one of the nicest hostels i've seen! Go there if you have the chance!