In&basic Hostel Lounge Reviews

200 m South and 75 m west of Spoon, Los Yoses., San Jose, Costa Rica

The hostel is nice and clean and good for a stay. Location is good and they serve a nice breakfast! When we stayed there, it was quiet and not a lot going on. No activities and a bit boring. They don't accept creditcards, although they say they do on the website.

I stayed at the hostel on my first and last couple of nights in Costa Rica. I found it was very clean, well organised and managed. The staff is very attentive to any need you have and will gladly assist you with anything. I went on a 2 day trip and they gladly stored my big bag with no problem. There is a small center near by with couple of restaurants and a supermarket a few blocks away. I would recommend this hostel to anyone passing San Jose.

Youre most welcome! Thank you for choosing us!! Hope to see you again! XO

There was only 2 bathrooms for at least 2 dorms and all the privates. The bathrooms were clean and the rooms also appeared to be. However the mattresses were thin and saggy. The pillows were also really lumpy. There were just sheer "sheets" hanging from our window. The breakfast was a garlic bagel, with 1 hard boiled egg and some fruit. There were reminders all around the kitchen telling you to take only 1 egg and 1 bagel. The "toaster" took forever.

Quite false: 2 share bathrooms for dorms; privates have their owns. If you didnt like so much the beds or the dormitory...why did you stayed and ask for EXTRA NIGHTS? You got 2 times breakfast..Bagels & Panckakes...every day we try to do it different;ly and yes is a reminder to take 1 egg ( little cardboard on the counter), and even so there is some people that takes more without asking; is not an ALL YOU CAN EAT buffet; is complementary breakfast, and the toaster takes a normal time to work. X

We love the hostel! It was very clean and secure. The staff were amazing!

Most Welcome! Hope to see you guys once again!!

Walking distance from the main boulevard of San Jose, though it's a pretty long walk. No lockers in the room, but they have a safe at the front desk. Not that big of a hostel, and not super easy to meet people. Facilities are great though, and the neighborhood is quiet and safe enough.

You cannot meet people while youre sleeping...14 hours.... Thank you for your kind words; 20 minutes walking to the centre or 6 minutes by bus. All the best

This hostel is extremely clean. One of the cleanest ive ever stayed in and one shower hot which was fantastic. However, i dont think i would stay here again. I felt very uncomfortable with the owners constantly in your face and at times they were really loud when you wanted to relax. I also note that youare not allowed to eat or drink in the living room which i felt was extremely patronising having being asked to move to where it was loud in the dining room.

This is really a BIG mistake from your side to write in here that THE OWNERS were loud; talking and making noises. The Guests, in general were at the dinning room and living room eating, talking and relaxing; with so many electronical devices ON at that precisely moment. plus we are absolutely booked during this whole month. We do have silent hours and the whole hostel was on silence. I do care of my guests and even that night we invited you dinner, so your actitude is PURE childish

Extremely clean hostel, super friendly and caring owners who are also the staff. Yummy breakfast and they even took care of our special dietary needs! Thx for amazing stay!

A pleasure indeed..and always! hope to see you again darlings! All the best! XO Paula

We had such an amazing experience at this hostel. The staff was warm and welcoming and willing to help with what ever they could. They gave us great food and shopping recommendations made some delicious homemade breakfast and always had a smile on their face. We came in on a red way flight that didn't land till midnight and they had a shuttle and driver waiting to pick us up as soon as we arrived. They made the beginning of our trip awesome and gave a great first impression for the country?

• 4th Jul 2015

Is always a pleasure and a huge pride to read such comments in terms of our hostel and our staff! We love to serve! Thank you so much for your amazing and beautiful words! hope you ladies continue relaxing and love CR! XOXO

This is an awesome place, very clean and the staff is very friendly. The property is very close to museums, shopping malls, restaurants, bars and so much more. You have to stay here!!!

• 2nd Jul 2015

My dearest guest! I have no words!! THANKS in behalf of all IN&BASIC Staff! Hope that you will continue to enjoy CR!! All the best!

Great Hostel Great People...Breakfast excellent and nice house, close to a Shopping Mll and the UCR and others universities< also close to he main BARs avenue (La Amargura Street). They hav a deal with the transporttion shuttle if you arrive late evenings or nights. All was amazing! Gracias!

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Aruba

thank you for your comment and recommendation! Hope to see you and have you at our hostel again! XO

A ver y well run hostel with helpful staff super clean, nice people to meet, really funky style house, every day different breakfast and absolutely recommended!

• 30th Jun 2015

was a great pleasure to have you at our Hostel; we do improve every day our services in order to be the helpful hostel/staff in San Jose. All the best in your travel! XOXO

Staff is great and do everything for their guests. They set up our rafting trip to Pacure, and made to-go lunches. Location is within walking distance of the central market (2nd avenue). Lots of shops too. Interesting if you want to see the bigger city life (it is gated and looks scary, but I felt very safe).

• 1st Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

WE are glad to help and serve! Yes our buildings in Costa Rica are gated, but the Police service and atenttion is eceptional! All the best! XOXO

A very nice and clean hostel with a nice, calm and safe atmosphere! The beds are good and the bathroom clean with hot water. Good Wifi in the communal areas! Nice area with restaurants and grocery stores in close walking distance. The staff is nice, especially their personal driver, who can take you to the airport at any time. I even got breakfast to go, since I had to leave before the included breakfast started! Very highly recommended!

• 31st May 2015
  • Denmark

Thank you so much for your comment and highly recommendation!! Was a pleasure to have you in our Hostel!! All the best!" XOXO

This is a very clean, decent place. The breakfast is better than average. However, I have issues with the way I was treated. I have worked pretty extensively in the hospitality industry, and I know the rule is this: the customer is always right. The staff cleans way too aggressively. It's inconvenient for your guests. Don't ask them to leave. Ever. As you did to me. I stayed here multiple times. Every subsequent time I was treated more and more like a nuisance. I'm not going back. Respect guests

THIS IS A NO SHOW CUSTOMER!!! Im amazed how people is capable to create shuch a bad review and history (that never happened) just for a couple of bocks given by competitors or other shostels that cannot endure that We have good facilities, staff, location, house and building. So sorry; you were asked to leave BECAUSE YOU NEVER SHOWED UP to In&Basic Hostel, Sorry, play this game to other Owner; Im not paying for reviews. Lier! The Owner

This is a really cool hostel that's just a few minutes from downtown. The staff was extremely kind and helpful. Great experience!

Most Welcome!! Was agreat pleasure to have you!! XOXO

Paula was a great help from before I arrived all the way through the visit. She set up shuttles as I needed, provided great food and tour recommendations, and was a helpful resource to just about every visitor there. Was a great stay!

Was a real pleasure indeed!! Hopemthat you enjoyed Costa Rica and IN&Basic in San Jose! All the best! XOXO

Very friendly staff, helped me to organise transport from the airport, which was hassle free, and were very understanding when I had initial money problems. Also when I had to leave very early, they prepared a small breakfast to take with me. Is a bit of a walk from the centre, not too bad though, and I would like to have a locker in the dorm.

We have very clear in our description that we dont offer lockers in the dormitories; we do have Safety Boxes and storage for the important belongings. Both systems are working perfectly so far; and no complains. By the way, the dormitory that you were sleeping does has a Big plackart or closet; all the best! XOXO

Second time staying here and again it was great. Staff are extremely helpful and friendly.

Was a real pleasure to have you guys back at the Hostel! Always a pleasure! All the best! XOXO

Well located just out of the city in a relatively quiet residential area. Close to some shops and cafes, not far from a large mall. Well run and comfortable. Really good breakfast included. My only criticism would be that if you are up early as I was you have no access to the kitchen to make a morning drink. Kitchen opened at 8am. Generally a great place and staff very helpful. Recommended.

At 6 am is not time for the guests to be in the kitchen; but yes for the staff thats actually working in cleaning and coocking the breakfast that will be served.Our main difference to others hostels is that we ACTUALLY care about our guests and You; anyway; got the permission and did had your Tea! Please be honest next time; all the best.. XOXO Paula

Staff were very kind & friendly. Hostel was also really clean and secure.

• 2nd Apr 2015

Thanks for your kind words; we do have a secure house and nice staff indeed!!! Hope to see you again!! Paula