In&basic Hostel Lounge Reviews

200 m South and 75 m west of Spoon, Los Yoses., San Jose, Costa Rica

Breakfast was nice.Room was clean.

First we received the NON Arrival mail but anyway we received you; second we did arrange at 11 pm a transportation to Tortuguero fitting you in a group and paying only $17.00; later on yourself packed your bag and leaved it under my guard (owner´s private area); once that you came back I personnally gave back your belongins; and then you started to complain about a MAKEUP bag!!!! (you probably left anywhere!!); I called the police, and I pay for your taxi and night at the hostel: youre a lier!

This is a great hostel in a beautiful area, with the most woderful hosts. Totally reccomended! Thank you for everything and see you next time!

Our great Pleasure indeed!!! Youre always welcome to our home! X Paula

I was extremely pleased with my stay at the In

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Spain

Its a shame that we cannot read your review fully...anyway was a real pleasure to help you out with your tickets and have you in our Home for a couple of days!! take Care XPaula

I had a wonderful time staying in In&Basic! The owner Paula is incredible and super helpful. You feel totally at home and she would be like a mother for you in San José. Great breakfast with Pankakes (they should do it everyday)!

Wa a real Pleasure to have you at home darling!! Hope that you keep on travelling in good hands and I wish you all the best darling!!! Enjoy!!! Thanks! X Paula

Excellent in so many ways. I'm a picky person in terms of cleanliness and this hostel delivered above all my expectations (I usually find dirt in these type of hostels, but not a speck of dust on this one, great job!). The breakfast is excellent, succulent fresh fruit, an almost unlimited pancake supply and a delightful coffe are given every morning, pizzas are also excellent in the afternoon (do try them!). The staff was very amicable and helpful. Location is great too. Sure repeat for me.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Uruguay

We work very hard in the maintenance of the house/hostel...thanks a lot for noticing!! Youre most welcome to come back; here you have a house in Costa Rica!! XXPaula

The owners were really helpful during my stay and are very knowledgable of the local area. A really secure hostel just on the edge of San Jose close to some nice shops and resturaunts.

• 22nd Sep 2014

Hope your adventure in Costa Rica continues with joy!! thanks a lot for your comments!! XPaula

We had a good time at the in and basic hostel. Paula is a absolutly friendly person and helped us a lot with diffrent Problems. She called delta for us when we didn't get our lugagge and our next hostel. She even made a lunch box for us when we had to leave at 6am. We would recoment the shuttle from the airport which she offers because the taxi drivers arn't Tourist friendly. This hostel is a perfect start for your Costa Rica experience! Greetings from Germany

Hope that you enyoed your time in Costa Rica! Was a real pleasure!!! Lots of love! XPaula

Simply great! Rooms and bathrooms are pristine and clean. Breakfast is fabulous, delicious pancakes and really nice terrace to enjoy it. Staff is ultra friendly and always happy to lend a hand. People said is not close to the airport...but why you need to be close to the airport when there is nothing around there? The location of In&Basic is perfect: Downtown is close, you got several bars & pubs just a couple of blocks away from the hostel: FUN I´ll highly recommed you to stay at In&Basic

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Youre most welcome!! Thanks a lot!!! xPaula

It's a good hostel, clean, secure and great internet and bathrooms. This place is everything that most of the party hostels around latin america aren't. The matresses are a little uncomfortable but for the nights I was there is quite and peaceful. This is the sort of hostel that I would recommend if you are looking to reset. Which you some times are on a long trip or thinking about an early flight the next morning.

Thank you for your comments; and yes we are not a party hostel; we sale confort, good vibes, peace, a good night sleep.. and thats actually our strong front! X Paula

Staff was amazing! The neighborhood is quiet but nowhere near the airport. Clean throughout. Shared bathrooms only. Kitchen available moderately. Great patio:) no lockers in house though security of house was maintained scrupulously.

• 16th Aug 2014

Thank you for your coments however I must to remark in those: shared bathrooms if you book for a dorm room as you did. We are in the area of San Jose -San Pedro- the airport is not located in San Jose (please review our description) and we do not offer lockers; we have security boxes and 24 hours surveillance cameras; and finally our kitchen has a schedule from 8 am until 9:30 pm. Rules for the Hostel are given at check in moment. Hpe it solves any doubt; once again Pura Vida! X Paula

A lovely place in San Jose! The loveliest! How can you not choose inandbasic as base to plan your trip in Costa Rica? Ask what you wish at the owner Paula and at her staff, they will help you in every things. Last but not the least you have to try their pizza, it's amazing! And I'm Italian! I have really enjoied spend time with them! Was an amazing time Paula and Oriana! A pleasure met you and will be a pleasure meet you again!

Inandbasic is your home far way from home! Will be always!! Thank you very much for your comments...we did enjoy your company; and was a real pleasure to serve you!! XOXO Paula & Ori &Eduardo & Sebastian

Comfortable and clean. The breakfast was great with a wide selection of options. They gave us great advice on where to go and how to get there. Very helpful and we would definitely recommend In&basic to other travellers.

Always welcome!! X thank you!!!

These guys could not have been more helpful or kind; they helped us out even after we stopped staying with them! They bought bus tickets on our behalf so we could get to Nicaragua on time, upgraded our room, booked tours with cheaper guides and sent us off with breakfast... I cannot recommend them enough. They're on the opposite side of town to the airport, so needed a couple of buses to get there, otherwise they were perfect. Thank you so much Paula!

Your most welcome Guys!!! Was a real pleasure to help you out!! X Paula

Very nice staff, very welcoming thou a little out of town, is very easily accessible. Would definately go back

Youre most Welcome!!! X

This hostel was excactly what we were looking for while in San Jose. It had a really good atmosphere and well priced pizzas and beer. Paula was lovely and very helpful. We had to leave super early in the morning and she had packed us a goodie breakfast bag to take with us to the airport which was a lovely surprise. Very thoughtful.

Was a real pleasure to have you at our Hostel guys!!! All the best!! Keep travelling!! X Paula

We tot the BEST advice how tot continue our trip tot corcovado. Superfriendly and real!

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

All the best Guys!!! Was a pleasure!

Loved this place! I was disappointed I couldn't stay longer. The owner was amazingly helpful; gave us maps

Allways wellcome dear!! X

Very cute hostel in San Jose. I didn't really get a chance to explore he area but there is a supermarket a few blocks down. Paula was incredibly helpful in arranging rides and a tour if Arenal volcano. She even sent me off the the volcano and the airport with snacks because I was leaving before she made breakfast. They serve pizza and wine/beer. Overall a great little hostel with a lot of charm!