9.0
Superb 472 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 472 Total Reviews
In&basic Hostel Lounge Located at 200 m South and 75 m west of Spoon, Los Yoses., , San Jose.
Costa Rica
San Jose San Jose 2045 200 m South and 75 m west of Spoon, Los Yoses.
90% 472
9.9296029 -84.0577805
    Rooms available

• England, Couple, 18-24
30th Apr 2016

Lovely and clean hostel (probably the cleanest we've stayed in!). Helpful staff who gave us our breakfast to go as we were leaving early. We only stayed one night, so can't comment much on location - but it was perfect for what we were after; near to a mall and some cheap restaurants.

• USA, Male, 31-40
29th Apr 2016

Paula is great, very honest and helpful. The hostel is very safe and clean.

• USA, Couple, 25-30
26th Apr 2016

Paula is the best. We had no idea what we wanted to do during our stay in CR, and she gave us so many great suggestions. If you talk to her, she's talkative back. If not, she leaves you alone. She made us feel at ease and at home. Follow the rules of her house, and you'll be fine! Would totally stay here again.

thanks a lot for your nice comments; indeed if you guys ask I'm all ears and I will try my best to help you out! Hope that you're enjoying Osa! Say hi to the Corcovado and Drake for me! All the best! Paula

• England, Female, 31-40
22nd Apr 2016

The lady on reception was so helpful, we were unsure of our next travel step so she rang the bus company straight away for us and found they had spare seats available. She also booked us a taxi early hours of the morning to leave and made us a snack pack as we were missing breakfast. Nice hostel as well, if I were going back to San Jose I would definitely stay again.

17th Apr 2016

Stayed here my first night in Costa Rica. Paula was great with helping to figure out the bus system. Helped plan out a day full of exploring and made travel arrangements for everyone in the hostel that evening. You have to be buzzed in. I thought that was great being a female in San Jose. It can be a little sketchy in the city. Located a little outside downtown in a safer area. Close to a mall and supermarkets. Only downside is there is no where to lock your belongings.

• mariellaw
  • Sweden, Couple, 25-30
31st Mar 2016

We enjoyed our stay here, it was a calm area close to a shoppingmall where we had good food, did some shopping and went to the movies Twice! The private room was simple and clean, was quite hot in the evening so a fan would have been nice. The staff was very helpful, helped us with info about buses to Montezuma and even called a cab for us early in the morning, and gave us our breakfast to go, really sweet. Would stay here again!

Thank you for your advice in terms of the fan in the rooms; usually is not that hot in San Pedro; is due a very different summer that were experience right now. We are very much cooler.. We will fix that! All the best and hope that you're enjoying the beach! XO Paula

29th Mar 2016

Erica was so nice to us and they are very accommodating there.

25th Mar 2016
8.0

A good, quiet place to stay if you are transitting through San Jose. The hostel is very clean and you can be confident of getting a good nights sleep. Spanish language skills are preferable if you wish to get the most out of your visit.

Dear Customer: Thats actually a good advice to all visitors due outside San Jose or in the road to the most amazing places is only a few people that can actually communicate in english. Hope to have you again in our hostel; hope that you had a PURA VIDA vacation! Regards XO Paula

• latoyaflewellen4429
  • New Zealand, Female, 25-30
20th Mar 2016

I only spent one night at this hostel as I was using it as a stopover from my flight before heading to Tortuguero early the next day. The staff were super friendly and accommodating. Paula, the owner had organised transport for me from the hostel to Tortuguero and ensured that I could arrive quite late in the evening and leave early the next morning. She had even packed me a breakfast to take for the drive. The showers were hot and the place seemed cosy.

Was a total pleasure! Hope that you keep on going enjoying CR! Pura Vida and I hope to see you again! XO Paula

9th Mar 2016

I can't say enough about the woman who runs this hostel. She was so accommodating to us despite some weird arrival/departure times. She was so sweet about everything I truly can't say enough good things. The place was so clean and nice, the security was good, there was even a yard out back.

Youre most welcome for such kind words! Hope to see you and have you again here in my Hostel! All the best always and Pura Vida! XO Paula