In&basic Hostel Lounge Reviews

200 m South and 75 m west of Spoon, Los Yoses., San Jose, Costa Rica

Extremely clean hostel, super friendly and caring owners who are also the staff. Yummy breakfast and they even took care of our special dietary needs! Thx for amazing stay!

A pleasure indeed..and always! hope to see you again darlings! All the best! XO Paula

We had such an amazing experience at this hostel. The staff was warm and welcoming and willing to help with what ever they could. They gave us great food and shopping recommendations made some delicious homemade breakfast and always had a smile on their face. We came in on a red way flight that didn't land till midnight and they had a shuttle and driver waiting to pick us up as soon as we arrived. They made the beginning of our trip awesome and gave a great first impression for the country?

• 4th Jul 2015

Is always a pleasure and a huge pride to read such comments in terms of our hostel and our staff! We love to serve! Thank you so much for your amazing and beautiful words! hope you ladies continue relaxing and love CR! XOXO

This is an awesome place, very clean and the staff is very friendly. The property is very close to museums, shopping malls, restaurants, bars and so much more. You have to stay here!!!

• 2nd Jul 2015

My dearest guest! I have no words!! THANKS in behalf of all IN&BASIC Staff! Hope that you will continue to enjoy CR!! All the best!

Great Hostel Great People...Breakfast excellent and nice house, close to a Shopping Mll and the UCR and others universities< also close to he main BARs avenue (La Amargura Street). They hav a deal with the transporttion shuttle if you arrive late evenings or nights. All was amazing! Gracias!

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Aruba

thank you for your comment and recommendation! Hope to see you and have you at our hostel again! XO

A ver y well run hostel with helpful staff super clean, nice people to meet, really funky style house, every day different breakfast and absolutely recommended!

• 30th Jun 2015

was a great pleasure to have you at our Hostel; we do improve every day our services in order to be the helpful hostel/staff in San Jose. All the best in your travel! XOXO

Staff is great and do everything for their guests. They set up our rafting trip to Pacure, and made to-go lunches. Location is within walking distance of the central market (2nd avenue). Lots of shops too. Interesting if you want to see the bigger city life (it is gated and looks scary, but I felt very safe).

• 1st Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

WE are glad to help and serve! Yes our buildings in Costa Rica are gated, but the Police service and atenttion is eceptional! All the best! XOXO

A very nice and clean hostel with a nice, calm and safe atmosphere! The beds are good and the bathroom clean with hot water. Good Wifi in the communal areas! Nice area with restaurants and grocery stores in close walking distance. The staff is nice, especially their personal driver, who can take you to the airport at any time. I even got breakfast to go, since I had to leave before the included breakfast started! Very highly recommended!

• 31st May 2015
  • Denmark

Thank you so much for your comment and highly recommendation!! Was a pleasure to have you in our Hostel!! All the best!" XOXO

This is a really cool hostel that's just a few minutes from downtown. The staff was extremely kind and helpful. Great experience!

Most Welcome!! Was agreat pleasure to have you!! XOXO

Paula was a great help from before I arrived all the way through the visit. She set up shuttles as I needed, provided great food and tour recommendations, and was a helpful resource to just about every visitor there. Was a great stay!

Was a real pleasure indeed!! Hopemthat you enjoyed Costa Rica and IN&Basic in San Jose! All the best! XOXO

Very friendly staff, helped me to organise transport from the airport, which was hassle free, and were very understanding when I had initial money problems. Also when I had to leave very early, they prepared a small breakfast to take with me. Is a bit of a walk from the centre, not too bad though, and I would like to have a locker in the dorm.

We have very clear in our description that we dont offer lockers in the dormitories; we do have Safety Boxes and storage for the important belongings. Both systems are working perfectly so far; and no complains. By the way, the dormitory that you were sleeping does has a Big plackart or closet; all the best! XOXO

Second time staying here and again it was great. Staff are extremely helpful and friendly.

Was a real pleasure to have you guys back at the Hostel! Always a pleasure! All the best! XOXO

Well located just out of the city in a relatively quiet residential area. Close to some shops and cafes, not far from a large mall. Well run and comfortable. Really good breakfast included. My only criticism would be that if you are up early as I was you have no access to the kitchen to make a morning drink. Kitchen opened at 8am. Generally a great place and staff very helpful. Recommended.

At 6 am is not time for the guests to be in the kitchen; but yes for the staff thats actually working in cleaning and coocking the breakfast that will be served.Our main difference to others hostels is that we ACTUALLY care about our guests and You; anyway; got the permission and did had your Tea! Please be honest next time; all the best.. XOXO Paula

Staff were very kind & friendly. Hostel was also really clean and secure.

• 2nd Apr 2015

Thanks for your kind words; we do have a secure house and nice staff indeed!!! Hope to see you again!! Paula

Staff are fantastic, extremely helpful. A great quiet place to stop for a night or two. Very clean which is nice.

We do put our biggest effort in service and keep the hostel ready and neat for you guys! Thanks a lot! XOXO P

In&Basic is what you need if you are starting a trip in Costa Rica. They are really helpful, both with arranging airport pickup ($25) and plan further destinations. I stayed in an 8 bed dorm, a basic dorm, what you can expect for the money being paid. Paula is a great host and In&Basic is definitely a good choice in San José!

Is a huge incentive to read comments like this! Thank you so much in my name and also in the name of In&Basic Staff/Owners. Hope to see you again! Enjoy Costa Rica! XOXO P

Very secure, very helpful staff. Nice little backyard area for hanging out, as well as a small bar. Not sure when the bar is open however, as we only stayed one night and it was closed.

Dear guests: We dont have a "Bar" but we offer drinks, wine and Pizzas//Choripan.. Stange that you mentioned that due you did ate our Choripan (in fact 2!!) and you did drink beers..Thank you for your comment! Regards X

In&Basic was a really great hostel in San Jose! They picked my dad up at the airport, called and organized cabs every time we needed one, even packed us a breakfast to go when we were leaving early one morning before it was served to everyone else. The cooked breakfast was good. It was quiet, clean, and the staff went out of their way many times in our only two night stay to make everything go smoothly for us. I would absolutely stay there again.

• 26th Mar 2015

+ Very clean hostel (they clean the bathroom almost every time is used) + Not very close to city centre (it's reachable by foot if you like walking: I did it many times). It's in a quiet area in San Pedro district where with a little walk you can find malls, bars and discos. + Great staff. They know how to run an hostel. + Breakfast included and if you can't have it (~early waking up cuz going to a tour), they give you a bag with some food and drinks. - Risk of queues for common bathroom/shower.

Thank you so much for your kind words and very good description of the area and about the hostel. Yes, was a little crowded during your stay; and people is just in the willing of using the bathroom at the same time; but we manage it! :) Hope that you enjoy Costa Rica and our Hostel. All the best! XOXO Paula

I stayed at In N Basic on 03/20/2015. I was met at the door a person that was very kind and helpful. The hostel is CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN. They put a huge effort to maintain the place to a high standard, and I think that this also encourages the people who stay at the hostel to treat the place nicely. The place was quiet. Hostelers were friendly, as were the staff. The breakfast was continental with pancakes, fruit and sausage. They also helped me to send out postcards. A+

Was a great pleasure to have you in our Hostel; is your house in Costa Rica hope to have you again! XOXO

I had a large room and bathroom to myself and I thought it was a great value for the price I paid. The staff are super nice and make a great breakfast! I felt safe there despite bars on the windows and barbed wire on the fence. I felt the taxis they called and advice they provided were reliable. Claudia was a very fun and animated hostess. She cares about her guests, even providing a breakfast to-go when I left very early for the next leg of my trip. That was very kind. I was very grateful!

Was a real pleasure to have you at our home!! Hope that you enjoyed Costa Rica! A big hug and Pura Vida!! XOXO