Fabulous 475 Total Reviews
Fabulous 475 Total Reviews
In&basic Hostel Lounge Located at 200 m South and 75 m west of Spoon, Los Yoses., , San Jose.
Costa Rica
San Jose San Jose 2045 200 m South and 75 m west of Spoon, Los Yoses.
89% 475
9.9296029 -84.0577805
    Rooms available

• Scotland, All Female Group, 25-30
15th May 2016

This was a great place to stay. The location is brilliant: visit the Mall or the Beer Factory nearby. Our host was very welcoming, the hostel was clean and the beds were comfortable. I couldn't get the shower to give warm water but the bathroom itself was clean. Our host made us packed breakfasts because we were leaving really early to go white water rafting (which is also brilliant) and then phoned them for us when the mini bus was very late. We felt really safe behind the locked gates.

10th May 2016
7.7

Nasty Dust bunnies under the bed. Moldy closet Beds very too soft tends to sink. Very uncomfortable

dear customer: You were one of the WORST guests ever for communication, receiving information and even the way that you treat me all the time was like threatening myself the owner of the hostel. You never left your room for 2 days, you ate constantly in the room, chips, bananas, chocolates; just for saying.. we did cleaned 2 your room when you left for 45 minutes in total of 2 days-- that's actually the time that you "went to explore" San Jose--, you never use our facilities and even got breakfast, constantly complained about clima and people --that you never even got the chance to meet because you were all the time locked in your room!-- . Once that you left the room we did have to closed it for a whole day due your personal odor that stayed ..even now! I'm ashamed to understand the complains about your hygiene that my cleaning ladies placed! If you never took a shower how you can say anything about our cleanliness habits? shame on you! XO Paula //Owner

• England, Couple, 18-24
30th Apr 2016

Lovely and clean hostel (probably the cleanest we've stayed in!). Helpful staff who gave us our breakfast to go as we were leaving early. We only stayed one night, so can't comment much on location - but it was perfect for what we were after; near to a mall and some cheap restaurants.

Hope that you enjoyed your little time in San Jose and hope to see you again! All the best! Pura Vida! XO Paula

• USA, Male, 31-40
29th Apr 2016

Paula is great, very honest and helpful. The hostel is very safe and clean.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
27th Apr 2016

Only stayed here for a night each time in transit. Cleanest hostel I've stayed so helpful let me store my bags for 2 weeks while I went to Nicaragua. Always left before the free breaky but I was always given a bag of fresh fruit and biscuits before I departed. Highly recommend

• USA, Couple, 25-30
26th Apr 2016

Paula is the best. We had no idea what we wanted to do during our stay in CR, and she gave us so many great suggestions. If you talk to her, she's talkative back. If not, she leaves you alone. She made us feel at ease and at home. Follow the rules of her house, and you'll be fine! Would totally stay here again.

thanks a lot for your nice comments; indeed if you guys ask I'm all ears and I will try my best to help you out! Hope that you're enjoying Osa! Say hi to the Corcovado and Drake for me! All the best! Paula

• England, Female, 31-40
22nd Apr 2016

The lady on reception was so helpful, we were unsure of our next travel step so she rang the bus company straight away for us and found they had spare seats available. She also booked us a taxi early hours of the morning to leave and made us a snack pack as we were missing breakfast. Nice hostel as well, if I were going back to San Jose I would definitely stay again.

17th Apr 2016

Stayed here my first night in Costa Rica. Paula was great with helping to figure out the bus system. Helped plan out a day full of exploring and made travel arrangements for everyone in the hostel that evening. You have to be buzzed in. I thought that was great being a female in San Jose. It can be a little sketchy in the city. Located a little outside downtown in a safer area. Close to a mall and supermarkets. Only downside is there is no where to lock your belongings.

• mariellaw
  • Sweden, Couple, 25-30
31st Mar 2016

We enjoyed our stay here, it was a calm area close to a shoppingmall where we had good food, did some shopping and went to the movies Twice! The private room was simple and clean, was quite hot in the evening so a fan would have been nice. The staff was very helpful, helped us with info about buses to Montezuma and even called a cab for us early in the morning, and gave us our breakfast to go, really sweet. Would stay here again!

Thank you for your advice in terms of the fan in the rooms; usually is not that hot in San Pedro; is due a very different summer that were experience right now. We are very much cooler.. We will fix that! All the best and hope that you're enjoying the beach! XO Paula

29th Mar 2016

Erica was so nice to us and they are very accommodating there.