Superb 517 Total Reviews
Superb 517 Total Reviews
In&basic Hostel Lounge Located at 200 m South and 75 m west of Spoon, Los Yoses., , San Jose.
Costa Rica
San Jose San Jose 2045 200 m South and 75 m west of Spoon, Los Yoses.
91% 517
9.9296029 -84.0577805
    Rooms available

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
30th Aug 2016

This has honestly been one of the nicest hostels I've stayed in and the lady was so lovely and helpful. Thankyou for a great stay :)

Thanks a lot for such a nice comment and review! We do try always our best! All the best posible in your journey! XO Paula

• South Korea, Male, 25-30
27th Aug 2016

Paula is a very very friendly and helpful woman. She made my stay very pleasant and helped me with booking taxis from/to the bus station to Nicoya and airport back home. Thank you!

Thanks a lot for such comment/review towards the hostel and myself! All the best! Pura Vida! XOXO Paula

• mhagzie1505
  • Ireland, Female, 25-30
23rd Aug 2016

Loved this hostel. Great location in a quiet neighbourhood and close to shops and restaurants. Very helpful staff and breakfast is very good!

Thanks a lot for such nice comment and review!!! We do all our best in serve you and our customers!!! Hope to see you again!! XOXO Paula

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
18th Aug 2016

One of the best hostel we had stayed at. The women running it was so helpful with everything! She was so sweet too. The breakfast that was provided was excellent. Our room was great too. The location of the hostel is great because you are by the museums and shopping centres.

Thanks a lot for such kind words about me and the Hostel! Hoped that you enjoyed Costa Rica and Pura Vida! Hope to see you again! This hostel is your house! XO Paula

• England, Female, 25-30
16th Aug 2016
8.0

I stayed two nights at the Inn&Basic; I emailed Paula and booked a shuttle transfer from the airport to the hostel, the taxi driver was really chatty and friendly. The hostel was very quiet as it was not peak season and not on a main road; The hostel is clean with kitchen facilities& v safe. Paula was extremely helpful with planning my trip, offering hostel suggestions and where to go, she recommended Bahia Drake which is an amazing place in Osa. A good place to relax and research your trip!

Thanks for your nice comment/review we do try our best in please everybody... Hope that you loved your costa rican journey! XO Paula

• mooneynh7038
  • Ireland, Female, 25-30
11th Aug 2016
7.7

New bed sheets are badly needed. Stains on the bed sheets. Had to sleep in a sleeping bad liner!

Stains on Bed sheets? In a private room/Private bathroom? Upgraded for free?Wow!!! and you repeated 2 times the hostel? Atmosphere and staff under 8?...when you girls were screaming at loud for the Olympics (Ireland 400 mtrs race) during the whole breakfast and all the hostel had to endure? Strange comment/review.. especially when you left the hostel giving me a farewell with a smile.. Have a good Pura Vida! XO Paula

9th Aug 2016
7.4

Really nice but hard to find. The indications weren't accurant. The lady was nice. Very clean. Good experience overall, but if you're looking for a place to meet new people and have a great atmosphere, this isn't the place for you !

Dear customers; You didn't read the address or click on the map that's sent by Hostelworld with our location. You even said that and also, you said to us that you took the bus from the airport during a heavy taxi strike (out of our hands) and it supposed that you were walking on the city centre on purpose for meet and "enjoy the city". Said that you got lost and instead of following directions you were wondering around and 1.5 km become in 3 km.. be clear with the other readers and potential customers. You shared the dorms with 5 people, also the privates are fully booked.Maybe you must say that you're travelling as a couple and you didn't even care about your roommates. Sorry that guests have their own plans and programs.Once again if you're looking for a party noisy and bar in situ hostel, there are plenty of other choices, just don't disqualify our silent, peaceful and homey way to be hoste. By the way, the "lady" is the owner, means me! Way too disrespectful because I introduce myself. Overall, if you're in a dormitory PLEASE respect the others and do not sleep and have sex in! Paula//Owner

• USA, Male, 18-24
8th Aug 2016

I had a great time during my stay, the hostel is very clean and very well taken care of. Very good area as well. Paula the receptiontist was amazing she helped my friends and I a lot and she is extremely friendly. I had a great time during my stay.

Thanks a lot for your kind words and also for been in our hostel! You will be always welcome! ALL THE BEST! Paula XOXO

8th Aug 2016

I would recommend this place to everyone. The staff is absolutely incredible and so helpful with everything. If I had any questions they answered them or found the answers for me. It is one of the best hostels I have stayed at.

We loved to help you out! PURA VIDA!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
2nd Aug 2016

Paula is a great host! She will answer your questions and is very caring for her guests!! Her pancakes are the best! ;)

Thanks a lot for such nice words and comment review! All the best! See you guys soon! Pura Vida!Paula XOXO Owner