In&basic Hostel Lounge Reviews

200 m South and 75 m west of Spoon, Los Yoses., San Jose, Costa Rica

Paula is a very nice owner, always bringing you help,information and ways to save money and do nice travels, tours and the staff is quite lively and jokers sometimes..part of the fun! I do liked the space and the house, the clean is outsanding! Paula is always pending to have a spotless house for her guests. They have tasty pizzas, you can seat at the garden and enjoy it with a beer. When we took a tour to the poas we got s lunchbox with breakfast

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Austria

This hostel is a surprise. Relaxing and clean rooms, very nice staff - that is always open to answer all kind of questions, and nice kitchen, lounge, dining and common areas. Home made pizza is amazing and so are the included breakfasts. I cant think on other hostel to go the next time I go to San José. If you go there ask for anything related to bus departures and places to visit, staff really know whatever you need to help you avoid awful situations a newbie could get involved in. They Rock!

• 4th Apr 2014

You are the rock!!!

This hostel is a 30 min walk to downtown. Breakfast is served from 8 to 9:30. I showed up at 9:00 and all the breakfast was gone and they didnt seem to care. The young girl that works there is very friendly, but one other staff member was not friendly. I would not recommend to stay here.

Really smart hostel, run by very lively staff. It is always exceptionally clean. The area is nice with a great small supermarket & mall nearby. Breakfast varied each day, the owner even gave us some to go when we were catching an early bus.

Most wellcome guys!!!! X

paula and oriana (=staff) are really nice, helpful and they let me be part of their family. i got a to-go-breakfast when i needed to leave early and they organized all my daytrips. it's not a big party-hostel but it has a really nice atmosphere for having a beer with other travellers. a bit out of the center but close to the student district san pedro if you want to explore different neighbourhoods. me hiciste el dia! markus

• 2nd Mar 2014
  • Austria

You are part of the family!!!

I stayed here at the end of my trip and it was a nice place to relax. They like to play music all day and it typically started around 8am so if you like to sleep in later than that, you may want to bring some earplugs. The staff were all very helpful and I really enjoyed my time with them!

I stayed there only for one night, but the staff was very friendly and everything was very clean. Also a good breakfast.

Everything you need for a San Jose visit.. Paula at the front desk is very knowledgeable and helpful. This is a good place to get your bearings and figure out Costa Rica after you've arrived from the bustling airport and gotten through the city that surrounds.

Absolutely lovely stay at this hotel!!!!!!!, very clean, very peaceful and above all excellent breakfast meal options! There´s no way to beat the excellent value for money of their facilities. I highly recommend to stay here for vacations at Costa Rica.

• 19th Jan 2014
  • Venezuela

I was traveling by myself but always felt very safe. Paula was a great host, she even gave me a little snack for breakfast when I had to leave early for a shuttle to Monteverde. I had a nice long chat with Frank who really gave me some wise advice. I'll definitely stay at this hostel again next time I'm Costa Rica!

The breakfast was awesome!!! The place is always clean, they have a cleaning lady every sinlge day and they make your bed. The receptionist is the best, very nice people around and we watched new movies. Good music all the time and at nights is really quiet so you can sleep. Handsome boys, girls take my advice come here!!!

Staff is very nice and helpfull , clean place worm atmosfire :-)

Owner is very nice, accommodating, friendly, speaks ENG & SP. No hot water in sink, showers had hot water. Ants are abundant, you might not see them, but they crawl in the bed from time to time. Not located in downtown, but there is a bus 3 blocks away that takes you to city. Location is safe & quiet. Very nice food store a couple blocks away. No heating so at night was cold, had to ask for another blanket. Interesting smell on bed/bedding but not overbearing.

Thank you very much for your comment about ants However, It Usually happens when guests do not read or follow our guidance and warnings about Not Eating or Keep food in the rooms. As a remarkable diference We do and offer cleaning service for the rooms every day; sometimes guests says No to the service. We do use a fabric spray for the beds. All coments are always welcome to us; the idea is offer you the best service that we can! Once again ...Thank you very much!

Place was very accommodating and helped with transfers and directions. Friendly staff and nice stay.

• 24th Dec 2013

Paula (Owner) is the sweetest host I ever had in all hostel I`ve been too. She helped us a lot with everything we wanted to do in Costa Rica. Note that this is a place to be quiet and to relax so it's not a party place. There is pizza and wine almost every night (AMAZING pizza!!). Free breakfast very good and healthy. Downtown is only 3 min away by bus very easy and cheap. Mall san pedro only 5 min by walk with lots of stores. Dorm was clean, shower clean, kitchen well organised. Very nice host

Youre most welcome Melissa! Was a pleasure to us to have you here guys!!!

Great hostel and Paula is super nice and helpful. The downsides are that it is little bit of the centre (but in a nice neighbourhood) and that there are no lockers. Hot water is only available between 5am and 10pm, which sometimes is a little inconvenient for travellers leaving early or coming back late. The breakfast is awesome and the rooms are spacious and clean.