In&basic Hostel Lounge Reviews

200 m South and 75 m west of Spoon, Los Yoses., San Jose, Costa Rica

Staff was amazing! The neighborhood is quiet but nowhere near the airport. Clean throughout. Shared bathrooms only. Kitchen available moderately. Great patio:) no lockers in house though security of house was maintained scrupulously.

• 16th Aug 2014

Thank you for your coments however I must to remark in those: shared bathrooms if you book for a dorm room as you did. We are in the area of San Jose -San Pedro- the airport is not located in San Jose (please review our description) and we do not offer lockers; we have security boxes and 24 hours surveillance cameras; and finally our kitchen has a schedule from 8 am until 9:30 pm. Rules for the Hostel are given at check in moment. Hpe it solves any doubt; once again Pura Vida! X Paula

Comfortable and clean. The breakfast was great with a wide selection of options. They gave us great advice on where to go and how to get there. Very helpful and we would definitely recommend In&basic to other travellers.

Always welcome!! X thank you!!!

These guys could not have been more helpful or kind; they helped us out even after we stopped staying with them! They bought bus tickets on our behalf so we could get to Nicaragua on time, upgraded our room, booked tours with cheaper guides and sent us off with breakfast... I cannot recommend them enough. They're on the opposite side of town to the airport, so needed a couple of buses to get there, otherwise they were perfect. Thank you so much Paula!

Your most welcome Guys!!! Was a real pleasure to help you out!! X Paula

Very nice staff, very welcoming thou a little out of town, is very easily accessible. Would definately go back

Youre most Welcome!!! X

We tot the BEST advice how tot continue our trip tot corcovado. Superfriendly and real!

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

All the best Guys!!! Was a pleasure!

Loved this place! I was disappointed I couldn't stay longer. The owner was amazingly helpful; gave us maps

Allways wellcome dear!! X

Very cute hostel in San Jose. I didn't really get a chance to explore he area but there is a supermarket a few blocks down. Paula was incredibly helpful in arranging rides and a tour if Arenal volcano. She even sent me off the the volcano and the airport with snacks because I was leaving before she made breakfast. They serve pizza and wine/beer. Overall a great little hostel with a lot of charm!

Everything was clean, the decoration is nice, but some of the english signs had several mistakes in spelling and grammar (I am costarican but even I noticed that). We went in low season, so everything was calm and silent. The breakfast was good: toasts (and different topics), fruits, coffe or tea, and bread. The owner was friendly and polite. The garden is beautiful, and the enviroment in general was beautiful, I fully recommend it.

• 26th May 2014
  • Costa Rica

Excuseer me voor mijn Nederlands en mijn Duitse grammatica, Uw commentaar is beoordeeld en ontvangen; dank je wel!

This was a great place to start our two week trip through Costa Rica. Paula gave us very useful info about San Jose, getting around, Costa Rican food, and booking tours. We ended up coming back on our way out of San Jose because we knew we'd be taken care of here :) The rooms are clean, access to internet via computers in the lounge area was very helpful for us, and it's an overall nice atmosphere, not too loud or crazy like some hostels. Would recommend to anyone passing through San Jose!

Youre most welcome guys!!!! Loved to have you here!

I highly recomend this place! We had a couple of days in SJ before leaving CR and it was very nice to get a peoper view of the city. Museums and some restaurants that was worth a visit. And the staff here were so friendly it almost felt like home. A perfect end to the trip.

Youre most welcome!!!

Really nice place to stay. Very friendly and helpful staff. They booked our buses for us and were even up at 3.30am to call our cabs to take us to the bus stop! Went to San Jose three times and stayed here in each occasion.

Your welcome!! Hope you continue your travel adventures with fortune and luck!! Wish you the best!

My friend and I had a great experience at In&basic. It was very clean, breakfast was very good (more than just the cereal and toast you see in most hostels). It was very secure-the front gate is locked at night so you Buzz in and the owners will unlock it for you. Paula was fantastic and very helpful, she gave us a lot of information about what to do in San Jose. I really enjoyed my stay here!

Was a pleasure girls!!!

A well run hostel, spotless, secure, 20 mins walk from el centro. The manager is very helpful and a bit fussy

Was a pleasure to have you in our Hostel!!

Awesome staff! Helpful and like a small new family! Really cool! Loved to stay there :) Thanks a lot Paula!!!

Nice staff, good atmosphere and secure

• 17th Apr 2014

Youre most welcome!

Paula is a very nice owner, always bringing you help,information and ways to save money and do nice travels, tours and the staff is quite lively and jokers sometimes..part of the fun! I do liked the space and the house, the clean is outsanding! Paula is always pending to have a spotless house for her guests. They have tasty pizzas, you can seat at the garden and enjoy it with a beer. When we took a tour to the poas we got s lunchbox with breakfast

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Austria

Thank you so much guys, very appreciatte it!!! Our hostel is your home always!

This hostel is a surprise. Relaxing and clean rooms, very nice staff - that is always open to answer all kind of questions, and nice kitchen, lounge, dining and common areas. Home made pizza is amazing and so are the included breakfasts. I cant think on other hostel to go the next time I go to San José. If you go there ask for anything related to bus departures and places to visit, staff really know whatever you need to help you avoid awful situations a newbie could get involved in. They Rock!

• 4th Apr 2014

You are the rock!!!

This hostel is a 30 min walk to downtown. Breakfast is served from 8 to 9:30. I showed up at 9:00 and all the breakfast was gone and they didnt seem to care. The young girl that works there is very friendly, but one other staff member was not friendly. I would not recommend to stay here.

Really smart hostel, run by very lively staff. It is always exceptionally clean. The area is nice with a great small supermarket & mall nearby. Breakfast varied each day, the owner even gave us some to go when we were catching an early bus.

Most wellcome guys!!!! X

paula and oriana (=staff) are really nice, helpful and they let me be part of their family. i got a to-go-breakfast when i needed to leave early and they organized all my daytrips. it's not a big party-hostel but it has a really nice atmosphere for having a beer with other travellers. a bit out of the center but close to the student district san pedro if you want to explore different neighbourhoods. me hiciste el dia! markus

You are part of the family!!!