In&basic Hostel Lounge Reviews

200 m South and 75 m west of Spoon, Los Yoses., San Jose, Costa Rica

The staff is super friendly and the place has a really homey feel. The owner goes out of her way to make you comfortable. My friend and I stayed for two nights and both days we left before breakfast time. The owner made sure to pack us something to eat each day. She also helped us fix a mistake we made booking a tour. Would absolutely go back!

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

Frm the buttom of my heart: THANK YOU!!! :)

I just love this hostel! The staff are so friendly and helpful. It can be hard to find staff at hostels that can actually provide useful travel information but the two ladies and the guy that work here are so knowledgeable. They helped my friend organize her bus to nicaragua and gave us tips about where to go next in Costa Rica. This is probably the cleanest hostel I've stayed at in the past 10 months and the breakfast is amazing.

Is simple fantastic to read such amazing and kind words!! Thank you so much for your comments! This will be your house always! XOXO //In&Basic Staff

In&basic is extremely clean. We booked a room with a shared bathroom but we've got a free upgrade to a private room with bathroom. And it was great! But the greatest was Paula, because of the vulcano outbreak we were not sure If our flight would leave, but even before we could panic Paula had it all figured out. She called our airline and made sure we had a good flight 24h later. She is so helpfull with everything you need and makes you feel right at home!

And it was a extreme pleasure to help you guys!! Is more than my duty to ensure the wellbeing of my customers; and also is a motto to my staff! Hope to see you again!! Tot ziens! XOXO In&Basic Staff!

Quiet, clean hostel with good breakfast and friendly knowledgable staff. Drew me a map to get to town and helpful with booking tours. Downsides were having to move rooms because upstairs room flooded due to a burst pipe. Also, Internet does not work in upstairs room. Kitchen has no microwave, oven doesn't work and you are only allowed to put bread in the smaller toaster oven, so your only cooking option is stovetop.

• 24th Feb 2015

The incident with the pipe was solved in matters of 20 minutes; however; I ordered to move all guest to a diferent room just in case. Nothing else happened. The oven DOES work (probably you never ask!) No microwave (guests exploded it!!); and we do have a toaster and a toaster oven. PLease do not write false information. The internet does work in all main floor, kitchen, porch and gardens; not upstaris rooms thats explained every time to our guests. the Owner

Our stay at In&Basic was nothing short of excellent. The owner and the staff were super friendly, we shared many laughs and funny conversations. They offered a lot of information that helped us a great deal to get around while we were in San Jose. It was a shame we had to leave so soon, but we will definitely come back to in&basic.

Was a real pleasure guys!!! Hope to see you again in our house! All the best!! XOXO

So helpful! Was a very relaxing place to stay and Paula is very easy to talk to and knows so much about the country. Highly recommend!

Moste welcome darling! Thanks a lot for your kind words and recommendations!

Great hostel, wonderful, charming helpful staff. Location a little out of the way, but still fairly easy to get to. Beds in dorm basic, but still very good value. Tip to owners: sell smaller beers - a litre is a little much for one person. :)

First time that somedoby complains about the beers!! hahahaha We get the joke; no problem; is for the value one liter of beer is cheaper than 500 ml or 750 ml; but we got your fair point and we will start to offer small ones! :) Good that you liked the time with us!!! All the best Darling! XOXO

I was sick when I arrived and was looked after by the owner. Was a good thing not many people in the hostel as I was able to rest!! Great for a transit stop for a night or two.

• 9th Feb 2015

Was a real pleasure to have you and to take care of you during the 2 days that you were sick!. Hope that youre continuining your trip and enjoying Costa Rica. To our customers please BE AWARE of the food poison that might happen while youre travelling around Bocas & the Caribbean! Please be carefull with the water that you guys drink!!! All the best XOXO

Paula you know I love you for being you, you are what you do! Beautiful

• 7th Feb 2015