In&basic Hostel Lounge Reviews

200 m South and 75 m west of Spoon, Los Yoses., San Jose, Costa Rica

Great location. A bit of a walk from central area but in a nice and quiet neighborhood setting near mall and nice restaurants and shops. The owner was very nice. Place was super clean. Only issue was not getting pizza although sign said pizza served daily and I was told they were serving it at night. Aside from that, this was a very nice place to stay with a warm and accommodating staff that cared about cleanliness and catering to clients.

Thank you for your comments; however I must tell you (to all of our customers) that our Pizzeria is open at nights as an extra service; that you must order and pay for been served. Our breakfast is included in the price, not dinner or whatsoever. All the best for you! Keep onb travelling!

Like a home away from home. I bet you this place is cleaner than your own home! Everything ran like clockwork. I could live here for a year quite easily.

Will be a real p´leasure to have you as one of my own kids! Like Oriana or Sebastian! This is your home away from home...always! XOXO Paula

Breakfast was nice.Room was clean.

First we received the NON Arrival mail but anyway we received you; second we did arrange at 11 pm a transportation to Tortuguero fitting you in a group and paying only $17.00; later on yourself packed your bag and leaved it under my guard (owner´s private area); once that you came back I personnally gave back your belongins; and then you started to complain about a MAKEUP bag!!!! (you probably left anywhere!!); I called the police, and I pay for your taxi and night at the hostel: youre a lier!

This is a great hostel in a beautiful area, with the most woderful hosts. Totally reccomended! Thank you for everything and see you next time!

Our great Pleasure indeed!!! Youre always welcome to our home! X Paula

I loved this place! All the staff is very kind and ready to help you with anything. Good breakfast in the morning. The hostel is really clean! Good place to stay if you want a quiet place in a quiet neighbourhood. I'd go back there if i have to go back to San José!

I was extremely pleased with my stay at the In

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Spain

Its a shame that we cannot read your review fully...anyway was a real pleasure to help you out with your tickets and have you in our Home for a couple of days!! take Care XPaula

I had a wonderful time staying in In&Basic! The owner Paula is incredible and super helpful. You feel totally at home and she would be like a mother for you in San José. Great breakfast with Pankakes (they should do it everyday)!

Wa a real Pleasure to have you at home darling!! Hope that you keep on travelling in good hands and I wish you all the best darling!!! Enjoy!!! Thanks! X Paula

Excellent in so many ways. I'm a picky person in terms of cleanliness and this hostel delivered above all my expectations (I usually find dirt in these type of hostels, but not a speck of dust on this one, great job!). The breakfast is excellent, succulent fresh fruit, an almost unlimited pancake supply and a delightful coffe are given every morning, pizzas are also excellent in the afternoon (do try them!). The staff was very amicable and helpful. Location is great too. Sure repeat for me.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Uruguay

We work very hard in the maintenance of the house/hostel...thanks a lot for noticing!! Youre most welcome to come back; here you have a house in Costa Rica!! XXPaula

The owners were really helpful during my stay and are very knowledgable of the local area. A really secure hostel just on the edge of San Jose close to some nice shops and resturaunts.

• 22nd Sep 2014

Hope your adventure in Costa Rica continues with joy!! thanks a lot for your comments!! XPaula

We had a good time at the in and basic hostel. Paula is a absolutly friendly person and helped us a lot with diffrent Problems. She called delta for us when we didn't get our lugagge and our next hostel. She even made a lunch box for us when we had to leave at 6am. We would recoment the shuttle from the airport which she offers because the taxi drivers arn't Tourist friendly. This hostel is a perfect start for your Costa Rica experience! Greetings from Germany

Hope that you enyoed your time in Costa Rica! Was a real pleasure!!! Lots of love! XPaula

Simply great! Rooms and bathrooms are pristine and clean. Breakfast is fabulous, delicious pancakes and really nice terrace to enjoy it. Staff is ultra friendly and always happy to lend a hand. People said is not close to the airport...but why you need to be close to the airport when there is nothing around there? The location of In&Basic is perfect: Downtown is close, you got several bars & pubs just a couple of blocks away from the hostel: FUN I´ll highly recommed you to stay at In&Basic

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Youre most welcome!! Thanks a lot!!! xPaula

It's a good hostel, clean, secure and great internet and bathrooms. This place is everything that most of the party hostels around latin america aren't. The matresses are a little uncomfortable but for the nights I was there is quite and peaceful. This is the sort of hostel that I would recommend if you are looking to reset. Which you some times are on a long trip or thinking about an early flight the next morning.

Thank you for your comments; and yes we are not a party hostel; we sale confort, good vibes, peace, a good night sleep.. and thats actually our strong front! X Paula

1 2 Next » last »