In&basic Hostel Lounge Reviews

200 m South and 75 m west of Spoon, Los Yoses., San Jose, Costa Rica

This place is in what seems to be an unremarkable part of San Jose, but it felt like a very safe area. The rooms are nothing to write home about but were clean and fairly comfortable. Paula was very helpful in arranging transport for us from the airport and to our next destination.

Dear customers: San Pedro is a well knwon area in San Jpose, actually is were is located the UCR the main University of Costa Rica, sorrounded by Embassies (from all the world Belgium, Mexico, Italy, Singapour, Korea, Portugal, for give you an example...) Shoppings Malls, cinemas, 5 more universities -privates- is just 5 minutes by bus to San Jose Centre or 25 minutes walking. Your choice! We have a really "home" like house and we are proud of our hostel/staff. All the best!

The owner, Paula, was very welcoming and even upgraded us to a private room with en suite. She has a great knowledge of the area and is very helpful in booking activities and suggesting places to go. The hostel is very secure with a gated entrance and there is a safe to put valuables in. The hostel was thoroughly cleaned each day we were there

YOure most welcome guys!!! Congratulations once again!! Here you have a house!! XOXO Paula

Amazing hostel, we stayed here for Christmas. Very clean, great kitchen, there were even pancakes and donuts for breakfast. Rooms very spacious. Hot showers, very fast wifi. Paula makes you feel very much at home and has great advice about town.

• 24th Dec 2014

Happy New Year guys!! Lots of love from our side, hope that you keep on travelling---the best wishes!!

I've backpacked through almost every continent and have stayed at lots of hostels. This one is easily one of the best. Great staff, good location, a bit of a walk to the center but still good. Don't pass it up.

We work hard in order to please our customers!! Thanks a lot for your comment!! All the best! X Paula

I loved this place! All the staff is very kind and ready to help you with anything. Good breakfast in the morning. The hostel is really clean! Good place to stay if you want a quiet place in a quiet neighbourhood. I'd go back there if i have to go back to San José!

All the best for you!!! We loved you!! Here you have a second house!! All the best

Off da hook! No doubt! Pound 4 pound da best place to stay.

• 10th Dec 2014

Thanks a lot for your amazing comments!! It keep us continue to work hard in our goal!! All the best!! XO Paula

I just enjoyed it while I was In & Basic Hostel Lounge..First of all; that hostel is the cleanest hostel ever that I stayed..Paola -who runs the hostel- and staff are so friendly,kind, helpfull and smiley..:) I just feel at home.. Ohh!!.. the breakfast also was just amazing..love it..:) I highly recommend that hostel..;)

Thank you very much for your comments! This will be your home away from home forever!!!! XO Paula

Great location. A bit of a walk from central area but in a nice and quiet neighborhood setting near mall and nice restaurants and shops. The owner was very nice. Place was super clean. Only issue was not getting pizza although sign said pizza served daily and I was told they were serving it at night. Aside from that, this was a very nice place to stay with a warm and accommodating staff that cared about cleanliness and catering to clients.

Thank you for your comments; however I must tell you (to all of our customers) that our Pizzeria is open at nights as an extra service; that you must order and pay for been served. Our breakfast is included in the price, not dinner or whatsoever. All the best for you! Keep onb travelling!

Like a home away from home. I bet you this place is cleaner than your own home! Everything ran like clockwork. I could live here for a year quite easily.

Will be a real p´leasure to have you as one of my own kids! Like Oriana or Sebastian! This is your home away from home...always! XOXO Paula

Breakfast was nice.Room was clean.

First we received the NON Arrival mail but anyway we received you; second we did arrange at 11 pm a transportation to Tortuguero fitting you in a group and paying only $17.00; later on yourself packed your bag and leaved it under my guard (owner´s private area); once that you came back I personnally gave back your belongins; and then you started to complain about a MAKEUP bag!!!! (you probably left anywhere!!); I called the police, and I pay for your taxi and night at the hostel: youre a lier!

This is a great hostel in a beautiful area, with the most woderful hosts. Totally reccomended! Thank you for everything and see you next time!

Our great Pleasure indeed!!! Youre always welcome to our home! X Paula

I was extremely pleased with my stay at the In

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Spain

Its a shame that we cannot read your review fully...anyway was a real pleasure to help you out with your tickets and have you in our Home for a couple of days!! take Care XPaula

I had a wonderful time staying in In&Basic! The owner Paula is incredible and super helpful. You feel totally at home and she would be like a mother for you in San José. Great breakfast with Pankakes (they should do it everyday)!

Wa a real Pleasure to have you at home darling!! Hope that you keep on travelling in good hands and I wish you all the best darling!!! Enjoy!!! Thanks! X Paula

1 2 Next » last »