India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

Bed didn't have a sheet on it when I checked in at 3...was told it would be put on later, showed back up at 11pm and it still wasn't on my bed. The plastic covering that was on the bed had a hole on it as well. The hole on the wall next to the bed was ugly as well. Bathroom toilets were filthy. Staff and the house kitty were the only highlight of the hostel.

• 5th Mar 2014

Loved my stay here-- really fun atmosphere and the streetcar is right outside. I've never statyed in a hostel quite like this with all the seperate buildingd, but I loved it!

• 2nd Mar 2014

I love India house and always will

Cool vibe!!! Good people overall...

• 2nd Mar 2014
  • Haiti

Everything was great, staff was amazing. Only issue was the creepy little bearded guy in his mid 20s-early 30s. He gave me a bad vibe from moment 1.

• 26th Feb 2014

Has a great common areas which helps to meet other travelers. There was a nice diversity of age groups. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They offers great tasting meals you can purchase for an inexpensive price or a large kitchen that anyone can use. Bottomless coffee was provided however I prefer tea and there was none. The rooms and bathrooms could use better heating. The location was about a 15 minute street car trolly ride to the french quarters. I would stay there again.

• 26th Feb 2014

the Hostel give us the best of attention and also simple and authentic theme. I enjoyed every moment that i spend in the hostel because the people who went to the hostel at the same time that i was, were really nice people interesting, travelers of everywhere and i could spend a great time with them.

• 25th Feb 2014
  • Colombia

is perfect place to stay in NOLA the best bohemian hostel i stayed

This is by far the best hostel in new orleans. the location is a little less than ideal, but a straight shot on the streetcar to the heart of downtown

GREAT Experience! loved the art in walls perfect New Orleans atmosphere! Planning to return...

• 22nd Feb 2014
  • Belize

Simply the best hostel I've ever stayed!

• 22nd Feb 2014
  • Russia

One word can describe my experience of this place: Home. The staff and the people that go through here are all amazing. Even though the booking procedure is far from optimal, and improvements could be made, this hostel is definitely the best I've stayed at. The reason? The vibe. I stayed more than twice the time I was supposed to and I can't wait to come back when the pool is done ;) I obviously wish they didn't raise the price during Mardi Gras, it's not coo - but it was worth every penny.

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Denmark

Great Hostel, atmosphere is amazing. Pity the outdoor pool wasn't finished yet.

Lovely main building;however a lot of rooms are in the back yard in tiny little houses. Booked a double room, which was in a desperate need of redecoration, the (bunk!) beds rattled, and the blankets were ancient and, I suspect, they do not wash them between bookings, just put a clean sheet underneath. There was hair all over the upper bed.The other travelers were good fun and we had some very interesting conversations there. Side entrance free for all,also spotted a massive roach at night!

The amazing common areas are what makes this hostel great. It's not just a place to drop your bag and pass out. During mealtimes it is very easy for those traveling alone to find new people to hang out with, and hear about interesting things or places

• 19th Feb 2014

Overal a great hostel! The rooms are nothing special but it does the job. The kitchen is very spacious, enough pots and pans, you can use the barbecue after their use and they offer cheap meals there too. We found it to be very sociable though most travelers we met there are quite young and like to party every night.

Great atmosphere, cool guys to meet and GREAT BREAKFAST!!!!

This is a real backpackers house i feel. People are awesome up there. I would recommend to anyone who like to stay as backpacker or enjoy the lifestyle.

people who are not too fussed about cleanliness and just want to have a good time will have a ball. Amazing atmosphere and great / cheap breakfast and dinner options, Do not rent towels out though which was annoying, had to buy one.

• 16th Feb 2014

Very nice place! I recommend it!!