India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

This place rocks, awesome atmosphere more than makes up for average amenities. Highly reccomend this place lots of fun,very cruisey and mellow. Good times!

• 23rd Aug 2013

The bed sheets could be better.

• 22nd Aug 2013

I was so pleased with everything at India House!

• 22nd Aug 2013

This hostel is my favorite in the USA. The atmosphere here is really good, the staff are super friendly and helpful. The area itself is good and the French Quarter is easily accessible. The neighborhood is fine. The feel at this hostel is second to none. Stay there cos you won't regret it!

• 22nd Aug 2013

great location, a few minutes to walk to the tram station ad straight to bourbon street! amazing atmosphere and nice staff :)

awesome place to meet people! nice atmosphere... great food served for a good price every day fresh... if you are not scared to meet cool people than this is the place you should go! I will be there again! certainly!

• 19th Aug 2013
  • Switzerland

The hostel at India House was more like walking into a friend's home. The whole building is colorful, with art decorating many of the walls, and there is a kitchen in which you take scotch tape and sign your name and tag when you stayed. The hallways are full of past visitors' pictures stapled the door frames and the staff are sweet, knowledgeable and helpful. They have a daily list of weather, music happenings, and suggested tours as well. I would stay again. I would live there! :D

• 19th Aug 2013

I ended up racing off to hospital the morning I was supposed to check out. The staff were extremely relaxed and considerate about my bag staying in the room - they made sure nobody touched it until I sent someone to collect it and didn't charge me for taking up a bed for two extra days. It made my hospital stay that much less stressful. Thanks India House!

• 18th Aug 2013

Maybe more veggie dinner options.

• 17th Aug 2013
  • Philippines

Felt this place was average: not great, but a cheap place to crash. I never got the tour b/c a large group showed up just after I did and I was told to come back later, but later was still busy. Policies weren't really explained, and I had to ask for sheets when I came back for the tour. The sheets themselves were stained and I worried if they were clean. The bathrooms were clean and the outside area was nice, but at night when I wanted a place to read, there wasn't enough light or a comfy seat.

• 17th Aug 2013

Allright, pretty big so all kind of dif. ppl. A bit far from all thats intresting. Cooking facilities are nice but missing some basic thing like really low on glasses, mugs and those things. Otherwise really nice outside area with a lot of dif. spaces for sitting and so on. We where 4 ppl and had an 4 bed room, cant say that i thought the hostel in general was't clean like some other ppl said. All in all a good hostel

This hostel was in a great location, right on the Canal streetcar line. The facilities had everything you could want including a pool. To be honest, I did not spend much time there because there was so much to see and do in Orleans but I would definitely go back based on what I experienced, traditional local yummy good for a good price, clean showers and bathrooms, comfortable bed, pool, and staff that helped you make plans for activity including good bands playing in non tourist places.

Unfortunately I got a bad first impression of this hostel - the girl working on the front desk was possibly the coldest, hostile hostel-worker I've ever met (and I've stayed in hostels all over the world.) She wasn't just having a bad day, either, she was the same the next day too. On the plus side, the hostel is in a lovely old building, its quirky with good facilities, easy and cheap to get into town.

I loved this place! The food was amazing and the people were fantastic. Definite recommendation.

• 15th Aug 2013

Its a nice place, a little bit a mix between bohemian and spring break. Not as wild as spring break and not as hippie as it could be. We liked it but don't want to spend too much time there. It's also kind of far up, the street cars are cheap but sometimes you have to wait for them long. The place isen't fresh but it's not bad either - you get what you payed for. The only thing that was really bugging me was the slow Internet.

That hostel was great ! Well located and really nice to hang out at in it's years with the pool and the outdoor kitchen...

Great place to meet other travellers, although most were in their early 2+s so if thats what you want this is the place for you. handy to know the little Irish bar just down the road serves a ok range of veggie food something that can be hard to find in the southern states of the united states

• 14th Aug 2013

I spent Thursday till Sunday and i had a blast i will for stay there next year when i come back.

• 14th Aug 2013

I met a lot of people in this place. Some of whom have become friends. And I pass a lot of good and fun times. The vibe of this backpaper is very good ! For cheap nights, I think it's the best place to be in New Orleans if you want to meet people and/or if you have a little budget.

Great place to meet people.