India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

I liked the private room, It had a plug in radiator for a very comfy night...yeahhh.I did not use a lot of the other things, kitchen, beer frig, tv, etc

• 15th Feb 2014

The hostel had so much character and we loved the vibes. We were a 30 second walk from the Canal street trolley and felt at home on day 1. Awesome value and we would definitely stay again!

• 14th Feb 2014

The bed linen was dirty and the floor was broken and dirty. Bathroom clean. Strange people around (Most of them did Not even say hello), strange atmosphere. Good location to arrive fast downtown and area around. Fast WiFi.

• 11th Feb 2014

A great hostel in a great location with great public transport 1 black away. Each night they had a meal you could buy for $5 and the portions were huge. Great if you couldn't be bothered to cook! The staff were friendly and everything was clean. The only thing is it was quite cold, although we were given a portable radiator.

Absolutely loved my stay. Great, sociable hostel with a soul and atmosphere like no other.

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Norway

Stayed there only one night, good hostel a little far from the french quarter but direct trolley going there, good cooking facilities, the rooms are ok, overall a good experience.

Chelsea who worked at front desk was super polite and helpful with check in.

• 1st Feb 2014

Nothing to be wanted here. A great hostel experience with many interesting characters and quaint-artsy appointments abound. Literally the best option for lodging in nawlins. To order food at nearly anytime which is great!

I've been to a lot of hostels abroad (3rd world countries even)

That's it. Hostel is hostel. Wifi is great.

• 31st Jan 2014
  • China

Why would you stay anywhere else in New Orleans? This hostel is full of fun people, with large dorms segmented into a few rooms which afford more privacy than the traditional one room, six bunk set up. Location is a bit out of town, but the tram makes getting in a breeze.

The India House staff was very nice and helpful. I look forward to returning.

Stayed for two nights. So cold we needed our sleeping bags on the second night. The old house isn't built for cold weather. Staff is great though, our fire alarm started dying in the middle of the night and beeping really loudly and the man at the front desk grabbed his ladder and took care of it really fast.

• 23rd Jan 2014

We had a great stay here and loved te cheap breakfast options on offer in the morning. Our only problem was the cold and noise at night- we were given extra blankets which helped but were still woken by cold throughout the night. We spoke to others who didn't have any trouble with the cold so may have just been our room/dodgy radiators.

• 21st Jan 2014

Bohemian-style hostel (think murals and visitor-drawn art all over the walls), rooms are average sized and maybe not the cleanest, but the atmosphere is phenomenal. They have an outdoor area where it is great to meet the other travelers and have a couple drinks or eat dinner together. Loved the ppl I met here and communal vibe India House provided. Location is extremely convenient as well as it's right next to the Canal St street car line and ~15min from Bourbon St! Would def stay again

I had such an amazing time here!! The other people were amazing. I just wish there were more bathrooms and showers!!!

• 18th Jan 2014

What a great hostel! I've never stayed in such a social place. Everyone was hanging out, talking to each other, eating together, learning about each others cultures. It was a fantastic place to be. The best thing about this hostel was breakfast. I have never had a better breakfast anywhere and it was so cheep!!!! My only complaint: The internet is free but it doesn't reach the rooms, so any time I needed to look up directions or something I had to go out into the common space.

• 17th Jan 2014

Second time staying there and everything was great!

Too loud ,dirty, cold showers, Big cockroach in my bed never stay there again!!!!!

• 17th Jan 2014

Great hostel with a fantastic atmosphere, rooms are basic but cheap and there is a great outdoor area to meet people. Relaxed, friendly vibe great for a solo traveller. Staff are friendly and helpful in telling you the best places to go. One thing in would recommend is some pub crawl.