India House Backpackers Hostel Reviews

124 South Lopez St, New Orleans, USA

Had an amazing time there! Backpacker spirit at its best!

• 26th Aug 2015

I loved the Hostel, the vibe and the people I met. Absolutely cannot fault a pool, cheap breakfast, close and cheap tram line and great people. I can imagine people are quick to judge all the writing on the wall but I loved it. Great character And so cheap

We loved staying here and will definitely come back! The pool and lounge are great. Super comfy sofas for when the sun gets too much. We would love to see some speakers installed for music and some group activities going on. Location was fab really easy to get around. The cheap breakfast and dinner is so good you should do more! we didn't eat anywhere else its so refreshing to have a good meal without paying loads! Thanks so much

• 26th Aug 2015

Such a great place to go when in New Orleans.

• 25th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Cheap but horrible environment.

• 25th Aug 2015

Great. Hospitable. Friendly.

• 24th Aug 2015

Excellent place, great location right by the street car!

Amazing hostel, met so many awesome people and had the time of my life. Wish I could've stayed longer!

• New Zealand

When we got there the man was very friendly, it was very hot though and the air con didn't cool the room down very well. The facilities weren't to a particularly good standard. The interior was very interesting to look at and there was a lot of art on the wall making this place very quirky. However if you're looking for somewhere more comfortable and clean I wouldn't recommend this to you.

It is a very friendly place, I would love to go back again. The staff is kind and helpful. Totally worth the money.

• Hungary

People were friendly and the hostel was crowded, but rooms should be more clean.

Great atmosphere, young persons hostel. Its great to have a pool and that they provide food for purchase as almost all hours. Hygiene of the kitchen needs to be improved as I have seen some cockroaches and other bugs. Its located out of the main part of town however the tram line is right outside and its cheap to get in.

• 22nd Aug 2015

BRILLIANT! Best hostel I stayed at in America- fabulous atmosphere, fascinating people, super staff, many adventures. I have been recommending this place to everyone who is going to NOLA. Magic place.

Everything is decent with this hostel and the pool allows a good opportunity for some downtime as well as providing a social platform. The cleanliness in the kitchen could be improved as there were cockroaches and Beatles running across the dishes and food. I would recommend staying here, it is good value for money, and it is a nice treat to have a good cooked breakfast although this will cost you an extra $6 - which I found was slightly over priced.

Fun & friendly! It has a pool... What more do you want?! You should definitely stay here!

I absolutely loved the hostel, the atmosphere was great, fantastic value for money. I would recommend it to anyone, infact I already have.

Accommodations and location was well worth the money. Kitchen was adequate to make simple meals, lots of space for beverages.. just make sure you label your stuff. Always a chance to meet interesting people as this place was quite busy at all times.

• 18th Aug 2015

Had a great time, great staff with a great atmosphere.

• 18th Aug 2015

A great hostel with a sociable atmosphere. The rooms were slightly old and not that great ,but minus that the hostel was great A good kitchen, lobby, wifi, beer garden and pool. I my stay here.

While the staff at India House could have been more welcoming, the private room we stayed in was clea and the hostel was so close to downtown.

• 17th Aug 2015